Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Cold and Ugly
Jun 1, 2006

Look what that slick shit bought ya
A first class ticket to Lucifer, real name Christopher

BlueChocolate posted:

Only her face is fat.

I... disagree.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TEAYCHES
Jun 23, 2002

Cold and Ugly posted:

I too love Louis CK. So much so that i'm sure that when his show, which I love, gets around to portraying the things I care about, he'll drop his character's perpetually awkward confusion and treat it with the seriousness it deserves.

yeah the ep about religion and the ep about domestic violence were both very good imho

Cold and Ugly
Jun 1, 2006

THS posted:

yeah the ep about religion and the ep about domestic violence were both very good imho

Which episode was about domestic violence? I remember the ones that were flashbacks to him and his buddy at Catholic school.

TEAYCHES
Jun 23, 2002

he gets shamed on a date by some psychopathic teenagers and creepily follows one of them back to his house to tell his parents. finds out the family is really hosed up and nothing is resolved, there's no punchline at the end

Cold and Ugly
Jun 1, 2006

THS posted:

he gets shamed on a date by some psychopathic teenagers and creepily follows one of them back to his house to tell his parents. finds out the family is really hosed up and nothing is resolved, there's no punchline at the end

Oh yeah, I remember that one. I thought that was more about parenting, the enduring and surviving of. And poverty I guess. Domestic violence makes sense, though. That was a good one. Especially like how his date couldn't articulate why she thought less of him for being bitched out by teenagers. Definitely one of the better episodes.

Faux-Ass Nonsense
Feb 9, 2013

by Lowtax

SpiderHyphenMan posted:

My metabolism is insane so I'm 125 pounds despite eating like poo poo and never exercising so I guess I can't really judge anyone.

same, except i exercise now.you should probably get into the habit of doing that as well because apparently it'll slow down and you'll be up poo poo creek

GrrrlSweatshirt
Jun 2, 2012
keep one fat friend around

coolskillrex remix
Jan 1, 2007

gorsh

SpiderHyphenMan posted:

My metabolism is insane so I'm 125 pounds despite eating like poo poo and never exercising so I guess I can't really judge anyone.

The whole concept of someone being really skinny being entirely due to metabolism is basically just something fat peopel tell themselves to feel better. Theres no study that says anything like that. If you had incredibly bad metabolism you would probably be like 150lbs with a gut. No man tits, no huge flabby arms, just a gut and some chubbiness here and there.

i have a cousin, and a friend ive known since we were both 9 years old, they were both close to obesity throughout school, once they got to college they slimmed down and now have BMIs that people would classify as very lean or skinny (ones 6 foot, the others 6 foot 5, so they look pretty lanky now). How did they do this? Eat salads for every meal on a tiny plate??? nope.. they gave up their diets of purely poo poo like ice cream, burgers, french fries, sode. Their parents and relatives enabled them to eat really lovely as a kid, once they got to college they kind of figured out most people dont have those insane diets. They dont follow a strict diet at all, they eat pizza, burgers, bbq, foods that people dont eat when theyre on a "diet", the secret is to not consume a shitload of it all the time, and to not constantly being snacking on pointless poo poo like oreos.

folgore
Jun 30, 2006

nice tut
That's really int-*falls asleep over $120 gaming keyboard*

TEAYCHES
Jun 23, 2002

yeah cutting out snacking will fix half of your diet. don't eat between meals. eat decent meals. just don't snack ever

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine
Fruit is a good snack though.

coolskillrex remix
Jan 1, 2007

gorsh

The Taint Reaper posted:

Fruit is a good snack though.

Sorta, its better than oreos and poo poo but dont go crazy and eat a bag grapes and strawberries theres still a ton of sugar in it

TEAYCHES
Jun 23, 2002

yeah don't eat too much fruit but i don't want to turn this into Yet Another Refined Carbohydrates Thread

fruit is good and eat it reasonably, it's not a Healthy Snack though

TEAYCHES
Jun 23, 2002

if you're going to snack and not end up a fat loser like Louis CK™ avoid processed junk foods and eat lots of fish, vegetables, fresh meats and whole grains

coolskillrex remix
Jan 1, 2007

gorsh
i wonder if fat people could even reliably remember and write down all the poo poo they ate in one day. im guessing no

Maoist Pussy
Feb 12, 2014

by Lowtax
One thing is to just never eat Oreos ever because they are just sugar and lard and don't even taste very good

ShaunO
Jan 29, 2006

I love Louie but season 3 was getting average and this season has been just plain unfunny had a few minor laughs tho

Would've been better if he ate the fat chick at the end, bang bang bang

swampland
Oct 16, 2007

Dear Mr Cave, if you do not release the bats we will be forced to take legal action

ShaunO posted:

I love Louie but season 3 was getting average and this season has been just plain unfunny had a few minor laughs tho

There were one or two that werent incredible but the whole late night arc was some of the best stuff hes ever done

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

ShaunO posted:

In Stewie's voice: What the deuce??

ShaunO
Jan 29, 2006

swampland posted:

There were one or two that werent incredible but the whole late night arc was some of the best stuff hes ever done

That stuff was great, I need to rewatch the season but I think it was towards the end, some poo poo to do with his dad I think

Tinestram
Jan 13, 2006

Excalibur? More like "Needle"

Grimey Drawer

THS posted:

yeah don't eat too much fruit but i don't want to turn this into Yet Another Refined Carbohydrates Thread

Ya know, I had this very discussion with my doctor. She said "you should eat more fresh fruit." I said "eh? But I thought they had too much sugar?" She said "they do have sugar but they have also have other great stuff like fiber and vitamins and poo poo. Now stop listening to stupid people on the internet and go eat the goddamn fruit."

I'm paraphrasing a bit here.

Nobody gets fat from eating too many fresh apples.

RideTheSpiral
Sep 18, 2005
College Slice
mods make it mandatory to post a picture before bitching out about fat people. then we can just merge all the boring as gently caress fat people threads with goons.jpeg tia

mechacop
May 12, 2014

Add me on SNES Live

Bug Bill Murray posted:

It made me appreciate how being a fat chick must be hard. I still wouldn't date one though. What are your opinions?

I watched the episode. My girlfriend is fat and she said the girls monologue almost made her cry. I think the writer, (probably Louis) made some valid points, but I still feel like Louis doesn't really get it.
That being said, love the show and his comedy.

RideTheSpiral
Sep 18, 2005
College Slice

mechacop posted:

My girlfriend is fat

lol owned

Cubone
May 26, 2011

Because it never leaves its bedroom, no one has ever seen this poster's real face.

mechacop posted:

My girlfriend is fat

Ahahahaha

Lord Frankenstyle
Dec 3, 2005

Mmmm,
You smell like Lysol Wipes.

mechacop posted:

My girlfriend is fat

Well, thanks to Louie you are now aware that holding her hand is an acceptable substitute to forcing yourself to gently caress her.

The more you know...

vyst
Aug 25, 2009

THS posted:

Fruit is a healthy snack, hth.

Germstore
Oct 17, 2012

A Serious Candidate For a Serious Time
In small quantities fructose raises your blood sugar a small amount over a long period of times, as opposed to sucrose which raises your blood sugar a large amount over a short period of time. A "small quantity" of fructose is roughly the amount in a serving of fruit.

Tinestram
Jan 13, 2006

Excalibur? More like "Needle"

Grimey Drawer
A medium granny smith apple has 80 calories, 12g of sugars, and 5g of fiber. The fiber lowers the "effective" carbs to 14.5g, which is not even on the radar for carb consumption of a non-diabetic person. Anybody who looks at that, and 80 calories, for a snack and goes "oh no I just couldn't" is either two feet tall or a moron.

Kyrie eleison
Jan 26, 2013

by Ralp
louis ck sucks lol

tiananman
Feb 6, 2005
Non-Headkins Splatoma

mechacop posted:

I watched the episode. My girlfriend is fat and she said the girls monologue almost made her cry. I think the writer, (probably Louis) made some valid points, but I still feel like Louis doesn't really get it.
That being said, love the show and his comedy.

Remember: the worst thing you can tell a fat girl is that she isn't fat for some reason. Following this logic to its conclusion, you should tell fat women that they are fat especially if they are asking you to your face if they are, as they may suspect, fat.

Even if you're not sure if they're fat or not, play it safe, and tell them that yes, they are definitely fat - because remember: the worst thing is to tell them they're not fat, so why risk it?

I mean, I get the point - that denying someone's fatness is a kind of a backhanded fib because they know you know they're fat but by not saying it, you admit that it's the worst thing in your eyes, but jesus gently caress being fat is terrible. And goddamn, now I have to keep track of when to call a woman fat like I'm some kind of tinker tailor soldier spy triple agent. NO

Also, Louis is the only writer on this show iirc.

edit: and the more I think about it, the more the fat character just seems like a super manipulative passive aggressive pain in the rear end. Oh, I just happened to have these playoff hockey tickets, but you totes don't have to go out with me or anything. Oh, yes I am fat, how dare you say I'm not - it's not like being fat is ENTIRELY my own personal issue and the sum total of the choices I've made for my body - it's YOUR fault Louie that human beings are put off by obesity.

A bit too subtle to be a brilliant commentary from Louie.

tiananman fucked around with this message at 13:47 on May 15, 2014

Lord Frankenstyle
Dec 3, 2005

Mmmm,
You smell like Lysol Wipes.

tiananman posted:

Even if you're not sure if they're fat or not, play it safe, and tell them that yes, they are definitely fat - because remember: the worst thing is to tell them they're not fat, so why risk it?

Be tactful. Always ask fat girls "So, when are you due?". That way you acknowledge their massive bulk, but you're also suggesting that their size could possibly be the result of something more socially acceptable than self loathing. Plus you're implying that someone out there may have found them fuckable once.

*There is a 40% chance that being tactful will result in her falling in love with you, so be warned.

Cnut the Great
Mar 30, 2014

Faux-rear end Nonsense posted:

same, except i exercise now.you should probably get into the habit of doing that as well because apparently it'll slow down and you'll be up poo poo creek

according to the precedent my older family members set my metabolism won't slow down and make me fat until i'm in my 40s

so i'll start watching what i eat when i'm in my late 30s i guess. lolling at all you guys who can't eat a loving snack without turning into monstro

MeLKoR
Dec 23, 2004

by FactsAreUseless

uG posted:

perhaps fats will have an evolutionary advantage over us sex havers in the future

When they start reproducing by osmosis we're hosed.

Bored
Jul 26, 2007

Dude, ix-nay on the oice-vay.

Bug Bill Murray posted:

exercising helps depression though, it's win win you just gotta have the right attitude

:lol:

Tripalium
Mar 20, 2009

coin coin connard

Waroduce posted:

Its time to go on a diet if u look down and cant see ur dick

what if you look anywhere and you see dicks, you're surrounded by walls of dicks, what then

King Vidiot
Feb 17, 2007

You think you can take me at Satan's Hollow? Go 'head on!

Hold up, hold up...

Weightoff Fitler

fuck the ROW
Aug 29, 2008

by zen death robot
not one of you fuckers could stop me from eating a whole bag of grapes, and not one of you pieces of poo poo could ever make me watch an episode of louie ck the fat man's adventure series

Waroduce
Aug 5, 2008

King Vidiot posted:

Hold up, hold up...

Weightoff Fitler

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Waroduce
Aug 5, 2008
Good morning everyone we had alot of fun here yesterday

Kill all fats

Also lol @the dude w a fat gf

Have u ever tried to gently caress her rolls

Im always surprised when i see an obese couple w a fat.child. I dont get how the penis reaches the vagina if u both have massive guts and how does the dude even keep it up when looking at the lard bucket surrounding the pussy

• Locked thread