Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Bruteman
Apr 15, 2003

Can I ask ya somethin', Padre? When I was kickin' your ass back there... you get a little wood?

I made the mistake of not checking my GOG wishlist after the sale started; I mistakenly thought it was empty. Actually, I had the Quest for Glory pack on there, and I missed it the first two times it was up.

It's going to come up soon, when I'm otherwise not near my PC or phone, just because that's how this all works.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Caufman
May 7, 2007

Pengu! posted:

For what it's worth, I actually liked DX:IW. Likely because it was my first experience with the DX series.

Aside from being a well-adjusted individual, this is the best way to enjoy Invisible War. It is actually good FPS RPG (of which there aren't that many), but a large step down from the first game. That's pretty hard to ignore going from one to two.

Cool Dad
Jun 15, 2007

It is always Friday night, motherfuckers

Painkiller is up, guy who wanted Painkiller.

EDIT: Now Shelter, guy who wanted Shelter.

Cool Dad fucked around with this message at 22:52 on May 15, 2014

Peas and Rice
Jul 14, 2004

Honor and profit.

Bruteman posted:

I made the mistake of not checking my GOG wishlist after the sale started; I mistakenly thought it was empty. Actually, I had the Quest for Glory pack on there, and I missed it the first two times it was up.

It's going to come up soon, when I'm otherwise not near my PC or phone, just because that's how this all works.

It's up right now. Go go go! :qfg:

OAquinas
Jan 27, 2008

Biden has sat immobile on the Iron Throne of America. He is the Master of Malarkey by the will of the gods, and master of a million votes by the might of his inexhaustible calamari.
QFG1-5 is now on the block. Hurry and grab it or get beat down by an Antwerp

Bruteman
Apr 15, 2003

Can I ask ya somethin', Padre? When I was kickin' your ass back there... you get a little wood?

Got it. Now I can rest :)

Peas and Rice
Jul 14, 2004

Honor and profit.
Rest?

Spielburg needs a hero, son.

:qfg:

Edit:

Quest for Glory posted:

You're too impatient to rest right now.

Peas and Rice fucked around with this message at 23:15 on May 15, 2014

JustJeff88
Jan 15, 2008

I AM
CONSISTENTLY
ANNOYING
JUST TERRIBLE

THIS BADGE OF SHAME IS WORTH 0.45 DOUBLE DRAGON ADVANCES

:dogout:
of SA-Mart forever

Bruteman posted:

Got it. Now I can rest :)

You bastard!

I bought QfG on release day ($10 for 6 games, you cheap gits!), but I grabbed an extra copy on the Last Chance because I knew that it was a hot property that would go fast. I was saving it for Bruteman here, but he got this so I will spoiler the key below. Again, don't be a twat: only take it if you'll actually play the sodding thing and let us know if you redeem it.

CVRT-RLPA-WBDN-H8YC

gary oldmans diary
Sep 26, 2005
Wish I had held out and gotten the Trine and Torchlight games on GOG instead of Steam. Steam gets enough business already.

JustJeff88
Jan 15, 2008

I AM
CONSISTENTLY
ANNOYING
JUST TERRIBLE

of SA-Mart forever

gary oldmans diary posted:

Wish I had held out and gotten the Trine and Torchlight games on GOG instead of Steam. Steam gets enough business already.

I always give preference to GOG, but quite often they will get a game quite a while after Steam and I end up getting it on Steam first because I don't know that it's going to make it there - always a little frustrating. Just had that happen with "Sir, You Are Being Hunted."

Justin_Brett
Oct 23, 2012

GAMERDOME put down LOSER
Please don't let Season 2 of Sam and Max be on at like six am.

NadaTooma
Aug 24, 2004

The good thing is that everyone around you has more critical failures in combat, the bad thing is - so do you!
Well, it doesn't look like they're updating that "last chance" thread on Reddit anymore, dammit. Anybody know if "Long Live The Queen" is still in the queue?

I want play a pretty princess that gets killed a lot

Bruteman
Apr 15, 2003

JustJeff88 posted:

You bastard!

I bought QfG on release day ($10 for 6 games, you cheap gits!), but I grabbed an extra copy on the Last Chance because I knew that it was a hot property that would go fast. I was saving it for Bruteman here, but he got this so I will spoiler the key below. Again, don't be a twat: only take it if you'll actually play the sodding thing and let us know if you redeem it.

CVRT-RLPA-WBDN-H8YC

Thanks for doing that! Hope it doesn't get lurked.

FriggenJ
Oct 23, 2000

JustJeff88 posted:

You bastard!

CVRT-RLPA-WBDN-H8YC

I grabbed this, thank you very much! I used to love these games as a kid and want to replay them. =)

JustJeff88
Jan 15, 2008

I AM
CONSISTENTLY
ANNOYING
JUST TERRIBLE

of SA-Mart forever

NadaTooma posted:

Well, it doesn't look like they're updating that "last chance" thread on Reddit anymore, dammit. Anybody know if "Long Live The Queen" is still in the queue?

I want play a pretty princess that gets killed a lot

I believe that this is still being updated.

Bruteman posted:

Thanks for doing that! Hope it doesn't get lurked.

FriggenJ posted:

I grabbed this, thank you very much! I used to love these games as a kid and want to replay them. =)

It got lurked. (just kidding)

MysticalMachineGun
Apr 5, 2005

Hitman 2: Silent Assassin is the next game.

Kangra
May 7, 2012

I wonder if anyone (aside from GoG themselves) has been monitoring how often the games are changing. Aside from some lengthier stretches when it's night in Europe, it seems like they've gotten better at matching the quantities to make the amount of time between titles more regular with this sale.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"
I'm still expecting Jack Keane 2 to turn up at the end with some large quantity as a punchline to the whole sale.

al-azad
May 28, 2009

Kangra posted:

I wonder if anyone (aside from GoG themselves) has been monitoring how often the games are changing. Aside from some lengthier stretches when it's night in Europe, it seems like they've gotten better at matching the quantities to make the amount of time between titles more regular with this sale.

Overall it seems that there are fewer high priced games and the discounts go up to 90% so you'll see games going for .99 which is pretty much an instant buy for most people even if they don't care about the game being sold. I'm looking at the list for Fall Insomnia and there's a lot of games $4 and above although majority is still $1.49. Still, with the Jack Keane 2 the Fall sale went pretty fast.

Probottt
Dec 15, 2013
I realize the last chance for Inquisitor has come and gone, and I couldn't get it since I was at work, but was that game any good? It seems kinda interesting, but looks a little janky.

Kangra
May 7, 2012

Last Chance for the Last Express. I figure for $1.79 it won't hurt to have another copy.

AndyP
Nov 7, 2011
Did I miss last chance for Democracy 3?

Kangra
May 7, 2012

Pretty sure you did. Democracy 3 was up earlier, and while I'm not 100% sure it said Last Chance, I think everything is at this point.

mango sentinel
Jan 5, 2001

by sebmojo
Democracy 3 was an hour or two ago. Finally grabbed Last Express and can stop paying attention to this dumb thing!

Gobblecoque
Sep 6, 2011

Pengu! posted:

I realize the last chance for Inquisitor has come and gone, and I couldn't get it since I was at work, but was that game any good? It seems kinda interesting, but looks a little janky.

It was on sale on steam for like a buck ninety nine. I played about an hour of it and uh, janky is certainly a word for it. It's bad.

Probottt
Dec 15, 2013

Gobblecoque posted:

It was on sale on steam for like a buck ninety nine. I played about an hour of it and uh, janky is certainly a word for it. It's bad.

Thanks. At least I know I'm not missing anything.

Leper Residue
Sep 28, 2003

To where no dog has gone before.
Well, bought the Last Express. I've only ever liked maybe two or three point and click adventure games, but the description for it sounds really awesome. I can't wait to lose the game over and over again because I suck so much at and the AI beats me.

saucerman
Mar 20, 2009

Gobblecoque posted:

Only the combat is bad but otherwise it is atmospheric. Play on easy to enjoy the game. Graphics are outdated, sure, but anyone who post in this thread probably doesn't care.

doctorfrog
Mar 14, 2007

Great.

Last Express is quite good, and this is from someone who does not cotton to adventure games.

AndyP
Nov 7, 2011

mango sentinel posted:

Democracy 3 was an hour or two ago. Finally grabbed Last Express and can stop paying attention to this dumb thing!

Dammit. I've been waiting for that one to drop -$10.

General Emergency
Apr 2, 2009

Can we talk?

AndyP posted:

Dammit. I've been waiting for that one to drop -$10.

Same here. The developer site claims it's on sale when you buy it from them but it's still 25€ there...

choobs
Mar 25, 2004
Never bring a duck to a cock fight.

Kangra posted:

Last Chance for the Last Express. I figure for $1.79 it won't hurt to have another copy.

drat it!! I knew they would do this as soon as I went to bed!!!

Oh well, it's not like it's that expensive, and this sale reminded me that it was a thing that exists and I should have.

Cool Dad
Jun 15, 2007

It is always Friday night, motherfuckers

Did Betrayal at Krondor go up yet? That's the last thing I'm waiting for.

General Emergency
Apr 2, 2009

Can we talk?

Gilok posted:

Did Betrayal at Krondor go up yet? That's the last thing I'm waiting for.

I don't think so. Someone buy 100 copies of Shadow Man please. It's a pretty good game.

Gobblecoque
Sep 6, 2011
Yeah, Shadowman actually does own. It's like a Legend of Zelda/Tomb Raider thing with voodoo and undead and serial killers.

Bart Fargo
Mar 24, 2005

Il Raggio Infernale

Has Capitalism come and gone yet? Alternatively, where's the current list of last chance games being kept?

Zat
Jan 16, 2008

Bart Fargo posted:

Has Capitalism come and gone yet? Alternatively, where's the current list of last chance games being kept?

Capitalism 2 is up right now!

Bart Fargo
Mar 24, 2005

Il Raggio Infernale

Zat posted:

Capitalism 2 is up right now!

If only I could apply this prediction ability to the lottery!

Sylphosaurus
Sep 6, 2007
So, what's the general verdict on Capitalism 2? Is it worth a look if you enjoy management/strategy sims?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bart Fargo
Mar 24, 2005

Il Raggio Infernale

Sylphosaurus posted:

So, what's the general verdict on Capitalism 2? Is it worth a look if you enjoy management/strategy sims?

I actually don't know much about it other than it's an interesting premise. I figured $2 was a good venture price. If it isn't, then I'm going to do poorly at this game.