Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Hockles
Dec 25, 2007

Resident of Camp Blood
Crystal Lake

I went with a random number, 369. Who guessed highest?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Stickarts
Dec 21, 2003

literally

Hockles posted:

I went with a random number, 369. Who guessed highest?

Follow along link for the new page:

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1B1GSfpyDmA3l_-8chpnB8aujZzHZOQCPV2kNAafJhXc/edit#gid=0

darkwolf220 did, with 529. Only half a dozen of you or so have a realistic chance at that one, unless some 1-0 sweeps start happening.

---

From the west coast cutting against the sun, the return. Blood has been spilled. Except Minnesota, because seriously nobody friggin picked them.

30 of you predicted 7 games in in Bos-Mtl, and 29 in NYR-Pitts. Congratulations. Most of you are already dead in Chicago's trenches.

Stickarts fucked around with this message at 07:27 on May 13, 2014

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

another game at nationwide arena. everybody keeps asking me if they can fuck the cannon. buddy, they don't even let me fuck it

You...uh...got some insider info you want to share?

fits
Jan 1, 2008

Love Always,
The Captain
I finally got one right!

Thanks, Chicago

Stickarts
Dec 21, 2003

literally

CBJSprague24 posted:

You...uh...got some insider info you want to share?

Yes.

I'm dumb.

Stickarts
Dec 21, 2003

literally

mid round full update

Stickarts posted:

lazerwolf 46
T-Bone 36
whatis 35
Dak02 33
HOW COULD YOU 33
Thufir 31
Zamboni Jesus 30
Zat 30
CBJSprague24 28
darkwolf220 28
-10-
EvilJimmyCarter 28
Flyinglemur 28
mono 28
Xtanstic 28
Twin Cinema 27
astr0man 26
Hockles 26
Jaw Knee 26
mentholmoose 26
ThinkTank 26
-20-
Veskit 26
Zodijackylite 26
DickBoat 24
fancy stats 24
Hand Knit 24
Infidel Castro 24
kalensc 24
Mind_Taker 24
Pancakes by Mail 24
wonder llama 24
-30-
a false 22
CDX 22
Drunk Canuck 22
Duro 22
ffoecaf 22
JayMax 22
MononcQc 22
Pleads 22
Sadmantongue 22
SporkofTruth 22
-40-
Stanos 22
.Spec 20
Blackbelt Bobman 20
INSPECTAH DECK 20
mennoknight 20
MrCodeDude 20
OldSenileGuy 20
revtoiletduck 20
Rutkowski 20
Technetium 20
-50-
deafmute 18
Diet Crack 18
HootTheOwl 18
Karnegal 18
NJD2005 18
Pierre McGuire 18
Shoeonhead22 18
Stickarts 18
The Angry Bum 18
THE MACHO MAN 18
-60-
Topoisomerase 18
Bilirubin 16
BOXC 16
Chad Sexington 16
fits 16
Guignol 16
HookShot 16
ist 16
Jordan7hm 16
Knowlue 16
-70-
Rene Rancourt 16
AAB 14
Kilza 14
Shinjobi 14
tofes 14
aejix 12
Grimby 12
Jedimastafez 12
Kreez 12
mutations 12
-80-
Rotten Cookies 12
VJeff 12
marsisol 10
Shadow Ninja 64 10
ShyftedOne 10
SURPRISE WITNESS 10
double sulk 8
EVGA Longoria 8
Filthee Fingas 8
marioinblack 8
-90-
mcvey 8
yellowcar 8
Buane 6
deadEd 6
Furnaceface 6
Habibi 6
Naet 6
flakeloaf 4
goldrush 4
Largo LaForge 4
-100-
Levitate 4
Porrima 4
RC Cola 4
Wrax 4
Daeno 2
Laderhan 2
Serisothikos 2
stab 2
Zyla 2

Stickarts
Dec 21, 2003

literally

Oh and shyfted one is in last place of all those who participated in both rounds! Huzzah!

Twin Cinema
Jun 1, 2006

Playoffs are no big deal,
don't have a crap attack.
The New York Rangers winning in 7 is the first series I got both the team and games they won by correct. I went 7/8 in the first round, and somehow missed on all 8 of those series'.

I am also surprised I guessed the fourth highest amount of goals scored in the playoffs. I think I guessed at the amount of games would probably be played in the playoffs, and multiplied that by a reasonable average goals per game. I was trying to be conservative, too.

Zamboni Jesus
Jul 3, 2007

We don't really care about what that bug-eyed fat walrus has to say
i did approximately total number of games in last couple playoffs multiplied by 5

Stickarts
Dec 21, 2003

literally

A quick question for anyone interested in giving their input:

Should I increase the value of the Conference Finals/Cup Finals in terms of points share?

The current format of 2 points for correct winner, 2 points for correct # of games, 6 points (2-2-6) for getting both, seems like a decent way to reward getting something right in a series.

Does awarding, say, 4-4-12 (opposed to 2-2-6) place too much emphasis on the later rounds? The reasoning that later rounds=more important holds a little bit of water, but I don't think it is necessarily fair to dilute rounds 1 and 2 (12 of 15 total rounds) too much.

So, yea. Should I alter 3rd/4th round points to 3-3-9 or 4-4-12, or some other distribution?

Or is the Messier Guarantee (thinking a 5 point bonus for every successful next game guarantee) enough of a point increase? The guarantee being kind of like football challenges, where if you get it right you get another (maximum of 3, say) but if you get it wrong you don't get any more.

Stickarts fucked around with this message at 21:58 on May 14, 2014

Stickarts
Dec 21, 2003

literally

And if my tallying is correct, this is actually a high scoring playoffs thus far.

66 gp, 396 goals= Exactly 6 gpg

JawKnee
Mar 24, 2007

You'll take the ride to leave this town along that yellow line

Stickarts posted:

And if my tallying is correct, this is actually a high scoring playoffs thus far.

66 gp, 396 goals= Exactly 6 gpg

well that's about exactly twice as high as I budgeted for, stupid goalies no doing their jobs

Twin Cinema
Jun 1, 2006

Playoffs are no big deal,
don't have a crap attack.

Zamboni Jesus posted:

i did approximately total number of games in last couple playoffs multiplied by 5

It looks like we did the same thing, although I may have added a game.

Stickarts posted:

Or is the Messier Guarantee (thinking a 5 point bonus for every successful next game guarantee) enough of a point increase? The guarantee being kind of like football challenges, where if you get it right you get another (maximum of 3, say) but if you get it wrong you don't get any more.

I don't like the Messier Guarantee because I forget this thread exists. But, it's your thread! Do what you think is best.

Stickarts
Dec 21, 2003

literally

Yea we're definitely out in the sticks here in TAQB. I note with some e-displeasure NBA's pick'em gets SAS proper. Which is to say, meh.

Zamboni Jesus
Jul 3, 2007

Stickarts posted:

Yea we're definitely out in the sticks here in TAQB. I note with some e-displeasure NBA's pick'em gets SAS proper. Which is to say, meh.

this thread probably could have stuck around in the main forum but you requested to move it here so

i would keep the points the same as they are because constantly changing things as the playoffs go along just gets confusing

lazerwolf
Dec 22, 2009

Orange and Black

Stickarts posted:

Does awarding, say, 4-4-12 (opposed to 2-2-6) place too much emphasis on the later rounds? The reasoning that later rounds=more important holds a little bit of water, but I don't think it is necessarily fair to dilute rounds 1 and 2 (12 of 15 total rounds) too much.

Yes it does because everyone gets a chance to pick the winner for the conference finals/cup finals. Later rounds = more important would hold more water if you structured the picks bracket style where everyone locks their picks in from the beginning of the playoffs. It's actually harder to pick the correct winner and games in the earlier rounds rather than the Conf/Cup finals because there are more matchups. Half of the posters should be able to pick the winner of the cup based on chance alone.

Stickarts
Dec 21, 2003

literally

Of the 86 original entrants, only 23 picked a team to win the cup who is still in it. 16 if LA wins, 20 if Anaheim does.

Anaheim - 7
Montreal - 6
Rangers - 5
LA - 3
Chic - 2

4 each of Montreal and New York were homer picks acing their way to victory.

Zamboni Jesus
Jul 3, 2007

i picked new york to make the finals without it even being a homer pick :smug:

we'll just ignore that i picked san jose to win the cup

T-Bone
Sep 14, 2004

jakes did this?
I am dominating the chicken poo poo repick round btw

Stickarts
Dec 21, 2003

literally

If LA gets it done in game 7 I have a set of 6s. Pittsburgh of course greased its shorts.

Stickarts
Dec 21, 2003

literally

T-Bone posted:

I am dominating the chicken poo poo repick round btw

For the record you, myself and and four others have 12 points locked in this round, which is the second most points. Four others have 14.

Also, I found a photo of the print I made for the poster formerly known as FlyingLemur from a few years back:

Stickarts
Dec 21, 2003

literally

I'm at 99% monthly bandwidth with a week to go. Looks like imgur might be getting a new customer. If that's the web hosting site to use these days.

deafmute
Jun 24, 2003

You can't choke if you chew forever
:dukedog:

Stickarts posted:

I'm at 99% monthly bandwidth with a week to go. Looks like imgur might be getting a new customer. If that's the web hosting site to use these days.
Imgur is the way to go, if it's anything over 3megs use minus

Zamboni Jesus
Jul 3, 2007

New York Rangers in 4
Chicago Blackhawks in 7

Hockles
Dec 25, 2007

Resident of Camp Blood
Crystal Lake

Montreal in 7
Chicago in 7

RC Cola
Aug 1, 2011

Dovie'andi se tovya sagain
Hawks in 4.
Montreal in 7

Furnaceface
Oct 21, 2004

Hawks in 7
Habs in 5 :getin:

T-Bone
Sep 14, 2004

jakes did this?
Rangers in 5
Kings in 6

Kilza
Oct 4, 2013

Montreal in 5
Chicago in 6

deafmute
Jun 24, 2003

You can't choke if you chew forever
:dukedog:
Montreal in 6
Chicago in 6

Austrian mook
Feb 24, 2013

by Shine
Kings in 5

New York in 6

Karnegal
Dec 24, 2005

Is it... safe?
Chicago in 6
Habs in 6

Xtanstic
Nov 23, 2007

Chicago in 7
Rangers in 6

Topoisomerase
Apr 12, 2007

CULTURE OF VICIOUSNESS
Montreal in 6
Chicago in 5

JawKnee
Mar 24, 2007

You'll take the ride to leave this town along that yellow line
Habs in 6
Kings in 7

Pleads
Jun 9, 2005

pew pew pew

Ugh.

Chicago in 6
Habs in 7

Drunk Canuck
Jan 9, 2010

Robots ruin all the fun of a good adventure.

New York in 6

LA Kings in 5

Knowlue
Nov 11, 2012

I could eat a sea cucumber
Habs in 6
Chicago in 6

fancy stats
Sep 9, 2009

A man's man, wears a lot of denim, tells long stories and has oatmeal saved from this morning.

Montreal in 6
Chicago in 7

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

JayMax
Jun 14, 2007

Hard-nosed gentleman
Habs in 5
Kings in 7

• Locked thread