Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Levitate
Sep 30, 2005

randy newman voice

YOU'VE GOT A LAFRENIÈRE IN ME

Vertical Lime posted:

Backups usually look like gold against the Rangers, so I wouldn't say rip Habs yet

My sole consolation is that they scored 3 on Budaj last game (even though he had to come in midgame, he still had an intermission to prepare)

And lets be honest just send Kreider after 'em and it'll work out ;)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rotten Cookies
Nov 11, 2008

gosh! i like both the islanders and the rangers!!! :^)

No, but seriously, it really blows that Price is apparently gone for the series. I was looking forward to the goalie matchup of this series, and I didn't want any real animosity between HAS and RAS, since they're composed of mostly cool people.

And I just read in the paper this morning about how Therrien was unsure about Price for tonight. :sigh:

Deus Ex Macklemore
Jul 2, 2004

Zelensky's Zealots

DyneAvenger posted:

Well, there was also the stick in the skates from the diving d-man, but yeah sure. Go nuts!

I don't think we're watching the same clip. I was trying to give him the benefit of the doubt in that MAYBE that "hook" took him off balance but the truth is, he went in at full speed with, apparently, no idea on how to stop. I mean, its not like he's never done this before. Maybe he should be more respectful to the game. How many goalies will he take out before he gets suspended? Imagine if Torres or Cooke did this.

I'm just mad because I'm somehow cheering for Montreal now.

Veskit
Mar 2, 2005

I love capitalism!! DM me for the best investing advice!
Why would he stop if he has a scoring chance, and an opportunity to propel themselves to the Stanley Cup finals in a legal play?

This is probably super blow hardy but there's no asterisks on the cup.

gco
May 8, 2007

gco deserves bunnies, too!

fancy stats posted:

Well, you should've thought about that before you accidentally ran maliciously charged stabbed Carey Price, shouldn't you? :colbert:

I believe they will be upgrading the charges to murder.

chocolateTHUNDER
Jul 19, 2008

GIVE ME ALL YOUR FREE AGENTS

ALL OF THEM

:allears:

Stickarts
Dec 21, 2003

literally

Veskit posted:

opportunity to propel themselves to the Stanley Cup finals in a legal play?

Come on.

Habibi
Dec 8, 2004

We have the capability to make San Jose's first Cup Champion.

The Sharks could be that Champion.

Emanuel Collective posted:

Here's the official explanation for the disallowed goal:

the call on the ice was "good goal" and nobody signaled "no goal" until after the replay. This explanation doesn't make sense

Well gently caress you refs how does that not describe the allowed goal against Stalock?

Matt Zerella
Oct 7, 2002

Norris'es are back baby. It's good again. Awoouu (fox Howl)
LOOK AT ALL THAT DISREPECT

DyneAvenger
Aug 26, 2005

Bru-Tang Clan member:
Nose Face Killah
^^^ There, that kind of settles it I suppose. The stick actually looks like it throws his right foot backwards and he almost does a split while falling.

Rich Radbards posted:

I don't think we're watching the same clip. I was trying to give him the benefit of the doubt in that MAYBE that "hook" took him off balance but the truth is, he went in at full speed with, apparently, no idea on how to stop. I mean, its not like he's never done this before. Maybe he should be more respectful to the game. How many goalies will he take out before he gets suspended? Imagine if Torres or Cooke did this.

I'm just mad because I'm somehow cheering for Montreal now.

Emelin was diving on Kreider's right, swung his stick, and the shaft hit Kreider's right skate. He appeared to already be on one foot at that point with his left skate out in front of him so it's very reasonable to say that it caused him to lose traction and go down.

I mean there could be an argument that Kreider was going in too hard with his head down or that Emelin's contact wasn't enough to knock him down, but it wasn't just a dude flyin' in and drop-kicking Price.

DyneAvenger fucked around with this message at 18:24 on May 19, 2014

some kinda jackal
Feb 25, 2003

Welp it's been real nice knowing you, playoff threads.

Pancakes by Mail
Oct 21, 2010

Many years later, as he faced the firing squad, Goaltender Carey Price was to remember that distant afternoon when his father took him to discover ice.
I just feel bad for Price. He's had his best season ever, to see it blow a tire like this after coming so far must be absolutely gutting.

onemillionzombies
Apr 27, 2014

Levitate posted:

uhhhhhh holy poo poo

e: not that I don't believe it but if a coach says that and then plays the guy because he was trying to gently caress with the other team, is there something against the rules about doing that kind of thing or is just considered a stupid dick move?

Oh like a very special episode?

Therrien: But seriously folks, we are one injured knee away from a Peter Budaj / Henrik Lundqvist goaltending duel, so crash into the opposing goalie with some responsibility.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Martytoof posted:

Welp it's been real nice knowing you, playoff threads.

Bike.

Bike like you're never biked before.

Shyfted One
May 9, 2008
Gonna need a pic of those glutes for the OP of the GDT

Zamboni Jesus
Jul 3, 2007

We don't really care about what that bug-eyed fat walrus has to say
kreider absolutely ran price on purpose because that is what his entire role as a hockey player is and is what he's been told to do his entire life

Nissin Cup Nudist
Sep 3, 2011

Sleep with one eye open

We're off to Gritty Gritty land

Congrats Chicago on another Stanley Cup

Wilbon is going to be even more insufferable

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

I envision a future where hockey stops are forbidden below the hash marks. Players will be obligated to either skate towards the boards or defensive players are allowed to hook opponents under the arms and stop them like planes on an aircraft carrier.

Matt Zerella
Oct 7, 2002

Norris'es are back baby. It's good again. Awoouu (fox Howl)

xzzy posted:

I envision a future where hockey stops are forbidden below the hash marks. Players will be obligated to either skate towards the boards or defensive players are allowed to hook opponents under the arms and stop them like planes on an aircraft carrier.

hold up kid, you're a big fast player who can drive the net? Sorry, we can't use you.

some kinda jackal
Feb 25, 2003

I don't fault Kreider or anything, it's just a poo poo situation.

If you'll excuse me I'm gonna go .. do .. a sad :[

chocolateTHUNDER
Jul 19, 2008

GIVE ME ALL YOUR FREE AGENTS

ALL OF THEM

Martytoof posted:

Stop being such a level-headed poster, you're making all the others look bad!

Fat Lowtax
Nov 9, 2008

"I'm willing to pay up to $1200 for a big anime titty"

What if...Rick Nash scores another goal :unsmigghh:

Crumbletron
Jul 21, 2006

IT'S YOUR BOY JESUS, MANE

Martytoof posted:

I'll bike for you today Marty

Loqieu
Feb 27, 2001

xzzy posted:

Isn't that just roller hockey?

Furnaceface
Oct 21, 2004

Martytoof posted:

He is a reckless player, but yeah. Any way you look at it Price was going to get injured no matter how he tried to contort himself before impact. I just dislike the whole skates first thing because I get horrifying flashbacks to Malarchuk. :cry:

onemillionzombies
Apr 27, 2014

Keith Jones will still find a way to blame this all on Subban.

Crumbletron
Jul 21, 2006

IT'S YOUR BOY JESUS, MANE

onemillionzombies posted:

If Price hadn't been best bros with Subban,

darkwolf220
May 14, 2009

SOON :stare:

Stickarts posted:

If Murray gets called up and goes on a glacial rampage, clear cutting all in his path and furrowing deep rivers and valleys with his might I might just cheer for him to break off the rest of the ice shelf and float into the Atlantic Ocean and melt.

Thus raising water levels by 6 feet and throwing New York into the sea.

A parade down Saint Laurent in his honour, surely, would be held then.

Manhattan is 8 feet above sea level :ssh:

If PK Subban would have successfully defended the breakaway if it was him, not Emelin :bahgawd:

Wait, that didn't come out right...

Rotten Cookies
Nov 11, 2008

gosh! i like both the islanders and the rangers!!! :^)

darkwolf220 posted:

Manhattan is 8 feet above sea level :ssh:

What about the massive subway system on which the city relies?

Vicas
Dec 9, 2009

Sweet tricks, mom.

Martytoof posted:

this is pretty much what it comes down to, this was gearing up to be a ridiculous series and now there's always gonna be a question of what would've happened if Price wasn't injured

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

If he hadn't wasted all his energy on that earlier non-scoring play, he'd be on the ice.

Deer_fire
Jul 30, 2003
I love Price and was rooting for the Habs but man that's just a totally unfortunate play.

I didn't read the whole thread so it may have been touched on but the worst part about it is the only reason Price got hurt is because his skate (like literally a tip of the blade of his skate) got caught on the post . If he'd been over to his left even 1 inch Kreider would have still crashed into him but his leg/body would have just gone backwards, not been held up, and he would have been absolutely fine.

Edit: I guess it's cruelly ironic that the posts saved Montreal's season vs. Boston and it didn't even take 1 game for one to probably end it vs. the Rangers.

Deer_fire fucked around with this message at 18:53 on May 19, 2014

darkwolf220
May 14, 2009

SOON :stare:

Rotten Cookies posted:

What about the massive subway system on which the city relies?

Do you really think the subway is only 8 feet deep? If it is anything like the DC subway, 20 feet is probably generous. That poo poo is already below sea level, only water at the surface is going to flood it a la Sandy.

What it boils down to is Price's own greed. He already won a gold medal, he is trying to win a Cup too the same year? What does he want to be, the undisputed best goalie in the world? Psh, he tried to touch the sun and his wings melted :colbert:

darkwolf220 fucked around with this message at 18:54 on May 19, 2014

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Deer_fire posted:

I love Price and was rooting for the Habs but man that's just a totally unfortunate play.

I didn't read the whole thread so it may have been touched on but the worst part about it is the only reason Price got hurt is because his skate (like literally a tip of the blade of his skate) got caught on the post . If he'd been over to his left even 1 inch Kreider would have still crashed into him but his leg/body would have just gone backwards, not been held up, and he would have been absolutely fine.

See? They forget to swap out the net with the widened posts they used against Boston and that's what happens.

Levitate
Sep 30, 2005

randy newman voice

YOU'VE GOT A LAFRENIÈRE IN ME
Post was just sick of Price getting all the credit for the series win over the Bruins

Shyfted One
May 9, 2008

Parachute Underwear posted:

If Price hadn't been best bros with Subban,

He's not saying that Subban isn't a good guy. He's just saying that Subban doesn't hang with the right crowd so Price should stay away because it could be a bad influence on him.

soggybagel
Aug 6, 2006
The official account of NFL Tackle Phil Loadholt.

Let's talk Football.
If you think he intentionally stuck his feet into Price you be silly.

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

Loqieu posted:

Isn't that just roller hockey?

See, problem solved. You don't have to bother keeping an ice rink either!

some kinda jackal
Feb 25, 2003

Budaj isn't a dumpster fire so I'm hoping the Habs can keep it competitive, but we'll see. I'm just really pessimistic right now.

Basically just don't get swept :(

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shyfted One
May 9, 2008
Habs win series in 5. Pens give Habs Malkin for Budaj.

• Locked thread