Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Zanzibar Ham
Mar 17, 2009

You giving me the cold shoulder? How cruel.

Grimey Drawer

The Time Dissolver posted:

"Pitiful weakness" with that big smile on his face. Kirschen is like the Sarah Palin of Zionists.

He wishes. Then he'd have money and wouldn't need to shill for some dumb hagadah.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

I dont know
Aug 9, 2003

That Guy here...

Pander posted:

I like this Bill Day. It's pretty clean, kept simple, no copy-pasted guns, good expression on the elephant.

Look at the shadows on the elephant. Think of how rare it is for a cartoonist in this thread to actually draw shadows consistent to light sources. Bill Day has really stepped up in the last six months or so.

Shugojin
Sep 6, 2007

THE TAIL THAT BURNS TWICE AS BRIGHT...

Yeah, Bill Day has gotten through... something that was holding him back and has been putting out good cartoons lately. Hard to believe it's the same guy who did just how many "Mitt Romney in state shaped flip flops" cartoons again?

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

I was hoping he would pick it up and become an actual good cartoonist again. :unsmith:

Prism
Dec 22, 2007

yospos

Samurai Sanders posted:

It's so frustrating, I'm so close to being able to read them but those scribbled characters and vocab I have never seen before throw me off; if I tried to translate it I'd do barely better than guessing. Also, surely whatever message it's trying to convey could have been given in like a tenth that much text.

Is that Kanji cursive? I've never actually seen sousho writing before except as a short example to see what it looked like, and though that was years ago, it reminds me of that.

OAquinas
Jan 27, 2008

Biden has sat immobile on the Iron Throne of America. He is the Master of Malarkey by the will of the gods, and master of a million votes by the might of his inexhaustible calamari.

You've watched too much anime when you look at this and go "so I guess he's aroused?"

Monkey Fracas
Sep 11, 2010

...but then you get to the end and a gorilla starts throwing barrels at you!
Grimey Drawer

I know it's just how a teapot is shaped but the first thing I saw was :flaccid:

\/:v:\/

OAquinas posted:

You've watched too much anime when you look at this and go "so I guess he's aroused?"

A scene from the ever-popular "Super Mustache Look-At Highschool"

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Xander77 posted:

Political cartoons from Russo-Japanese war of 1904. Mostly Russian, because I find it easier to search Russian sources, and those aren't that concerned with anything Japanese.

Cool post

Here's a question. I see that the Russian cartoons here are using John Bull and Uncle Sam as national personifications. So I wonder, is that a standardized thing across countries' political cartoons? Like we use the bear for Russia and the dragon for China, do Chinese cartoonists use the dragon as a personification of China as well?

Also does that giant Russian national personification dude have a name?

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011

There's a bit of a furor in Canpol right now because Justin Trudeau, the leader of the Liberal Party and Prime-Minister-in-Waiting, announced that he will only accept pro-choice candidates for his party, and that every new MP from the Liberal Party will be expected to vote for abortion rights in a hypothetical future vote on the issue. This goes against Canada's traditional take on abortion, which is "For the love of God, don't talk about it, you might incite the crazies." We technically don't even have a law on abortion, which means that in theory it's legal right up until the baby's head pops out. Contrary to what the Republican Party would have you believe, this has not resulted in 8 1/2 month old fetuses being crushed to death with hammers or whatever. But Trudeau was asked about it in a press conference and decided to actually give an honest answer rather than BS his way around the issue, which I respect.

Anyway, this was a chance to attack Trudeau so both other leaders jumped on it to criticize him for running his party like a dictator or despising babies or whatever, despite the fact that ostensibly both other leaders are also pro-choice so I don't see what all the fuss is about. I don't know what tack they were actually using to attack him and I really don't care because I'm 100% in support of his position on this issue so they can all get hosed.

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

I normally ignore Canadian cartoons, but in this one I'm loving the guy chugging Tums :allears:

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011

loquacius posted:

I normally ignore Canadian cartoons, but in this one I'm loving the guy chugging Tums :allears:

Just the thing for your
daily dose of political cartoons.

bunnyofdoom
Mar 29, 2008

I've been here the whole time, and you're not my real Dad! :emo:
Bwahahahahahahahahaa. That looks exactly like one of my bosses. Which is probably intentional considering I work for the Party and Tums guy by extension.

LashLightning
Feb 20, 2010

You know you didn't have to go post that, right?
But it's fine, I guess...

You just keep being you!

Monkey Fracas posted:

I know it's just how a teapot is shaped but the first thing I saw was :flaccid:

\/:v:\/

I thought it was on purpose, and look at the multiple teabag bits hanging out the top - It's a pretty neat visual. All that work done by the tea-party by stuffing the GOP with Teabaggers, and it's coming to a flaccid disappointment.

Suspicious Dish
Sep 24, 2011

2020 is the year of linux on the desktop, bro
Fun Shoe
Does anybody have the "good thing is actually bad" edit? I couldn't find it in the OP, but maybe it was one of the attachments that's down.

colonel_korn
May 16, 2003

Apple Pie Hubbub
Feb 14, 2012

Take that, you greedy jerk!

alnilam
Nov 10, 2009

:frogsiren:
Someone alert Kirschen that a US conservative cartoonist has dared to say something negative about Israel! With any luck we'll see an epic cartoonist fight :getin:

Also, bigots are less often out in the open these days, but there are still lots of them, and they still need to be rooted out of the reeds. An anti-duck cartoon?

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

So

"Medicaid Expansion" means he's actually accepting government funds? How is getting more money destroying the state budget?

Or am I not giving JRROSE enough credit, and the budgetcity is already on fire but heroic GOVzilla (in the new movie, Godzilla is a benign force of nature), armed with his trusty Medicaid Expansion, is stomping it out to prevent further damage?

RoyKeen
Jul 24, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Ok, this is adorable. :3:

Prism
Dec 22, 2007

yospos

The Ape of Naples posted:

Ok, this is adorable. :3:

Gotta snort all the tea.

Xander77
Apr 6, 2009

Fuck it then. For another pit sandwich and some 'tater salad, I'll post a few more.

zoux posted:

Cool post

Here's a question. I see that the Russian cartoons here are using John Bull and Uncle Sam as national personifications. So I wonder, is that a standardized thing across countries' political cartoons? Like we use the bear for Russia and the dragon for China, do Chinese cartoonists use the dragon as a personification of China as well?

Also does that giant Russian national personification dude have a name?
His name is Boris.

Seriously though, the personification you see in the first few cartoons - The Motherland - is the right one. Nowdays, she seems to be going the way of Columbia and being replaced by a bear. The bear remains nameless.

I actually thought that Uncle Sam came about during WWI, what with the posters.

Post 9-11 User
Apr 14, 2010

7Oden is either, "pretty good" or abysmal, it's like it's written by two completely different people.

RIP President Herman Cain.

Monkey Fracas
Sep 11, 2010

...but then you get to the end and a gorilla starts throwing barrels at you!
Grimey Drawer

Filed under "Conservative Wank Fantasy"

Yes SevenOdin, all of those "scandals" are gonna pile up and finally sink Obummer! For sure!

Pirate Radar
Apr 18, 2008

You're not my Ruthie!
You're not my Debbie!
You're not my Sherry!
I think Uncle Sam dates to around the Spanish-American War, at least, that's when I think he starts to replace Columbia as the country's representation in art.

alnilam
Nov 10, 2009

I'm surprised the first 2 dominoes were not labelled. Throwing a "Benghazi" and "IRSgate" on there would have been easy peasy. Maybe 7oden was actually exercising restraint and trying to limit the focus to one general topic (healthcare)?

It's still a terrible metaphor - dominoes are about one setting off the other, not about things piling up on top of each other. How does the VA scandal set off the fall of Obamacare?

Sandpuppy
Jun 16, 2012

Social Abscess
of the
Universe

hexwren
Feb 27, 2008

The Iron Rose posted:

Iran doesn't want nuclear weapons and is smart enough to realize that and the talks are going quite well.

B-b-b-but...any day now?

Sir Rolo
Oct 16, 2012

Allen Wren posted:

B-b-b-but...any day now?

An infinite amount of monkeys with an infinite amount of uranium will eventually supply Iran with nuclear weapons.

Stultus Maximus
Dec 21, 2009

USPOL May

alnilam posted:

I'm surprised the first 2 dominoes were not labelled. Throwing a "Benghazi" and "IRSgate" on there would have been easy peasy. Maybe 7oden was actually exercising restraint and trying to limit the focus to one general topic (healthcare)?

It's still a terrible metaphor - dominoes are about one setting off the other, not about things piling up on top of each other. How does the VA scandal set off the fall of Obamacare?

With the VA scandal, everyone will realize that Obamacare is just like the VA health system and hate it.

TapTheForwardAssist
Apr 9, 2007

Pretty Little Lyres

alnilam posted:

:frogsiren:
Someone alert Kirschen that a US conservative cartoonist has dared to say something negative about Israel! With any luck we'll see an epic cartoonist fight :getin:

Nope.

Congressman Steve Israel | Representing the 3rd District of New York

http://israel.house.gov/

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011

alnilam posted:

Clearly the VA scandal has forever discredited any form of government involvement in healthcare.

Vogon Poet
Jun 18, 2004

Someone bought me this custom title because they think I kick ass at Photoshop. They happen to be right.

Post 9-11 User posted:

7Oden is either, "pretty good" or abysmal, it's like it's written by two completely different people.
Wait, there are good 7Odens? I'm having trouble recalling any.

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Restaurant de Nouvelles "À Table" Proudly Presents:
A Climactic Encounter Ending on 1 Negate and a Dream

Sir Rolo posted:

An infinite amount of monkeys with an infinite amount of uranium will eventually supply Iran with nuclear weapons.

poo poo, is there a new Tom Clancy novel out?

Fuckt Tupp
Apr 19, 2007

Science

"Life is tough you childish rape victims. Just get over it."

Pomp
Apr 3, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Internet Webguy posted:

Couple this with good art, and you'd get a legion of goons unironically agreeing with this.

bassguitarhero
Feb 29, 2008

Wasn't some variation of "Close your eyes, lean back and think of England. It will be over soon" actually used by a politician to justify rape?

Stultus Maximus
Dec 21, 2009

USPOL May

bassguitarhero posted:

Wasn't some variation of "Close your eyes, lean back and think of England. It will be over soon" actually used by a politician to justify rape?

Are you thinking of Ann Richards's opponent who said that bad weather is like rape, "it's inevitable so you might as well lie back and enjoy it"?

Randler
Jan 3, 2013

ACER ET VEHEMENS BONAVIS

Internet Webguy posted:

The recent news item about trigger warnings in universitites is not specifically about rape, but I assume you know that already.

Nyarai
Jul 19, 2012

Jenn here.
Clayton Williams, Texas gubernatorial candidate, said, "If rape is inevitable, just relax and enjoy it."

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vriess
Apr 30, 2013

Select the items of interest in the scene.

Returned with Honor.

Randler posted:

The recent news item about trigger warnings in universitites is not specifically about rape, but I assume you know that already.

TW: Fish

• Locked thread