Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Bea Nanner
Oct 20, 2003

Je suis excité!

FullLeatherJacket posted:

I can confirm that I am extremely erect in regard of this story about a man i've never heard of turning down CL football with Liverpool to come and play for the biggest club in the world.

I hope he does the thing where he cuts inside and shoots, he'll fit in well with Young, Januzaj, Robben and Ronaldo.

This is the guy who's name translates to :420:, right?

Also, I reckon Luiz will do just fine in France and what does PSG care about money; it's probably above his value but it's two rich clubs, so that seems about right in these days of revelation. Repent.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FullLeatherJacket
Dec 30, 2004

Chiunque puņ essere Luther Blissett, semplicemente adottando il nome Luther Blissett

Luiz is also 27, so his resale value will be pretty much nil.

Reminder that people were totally upset two weeks ago about the idea of Luke Shaw going for £30m.

Bea Nanner
Oct 20, 2003

Je suis excité!
27-31 is p much the sweet spot for a central defender.

Bea Nanner
Oct 20, 2003

Je suis excité!
Oh. You mean after that. Some club will be dumb enough to pay 10m when he's in his last year.

sticksy
May 26, 2004
Nap Ghost
Obviously we're all just a bunch of plastic autists on the internet who don't know anything about football but I would love to understand the legitimate reason(s?) or scouting report as to why Luiz is so highly rated by the big European clubs.

I can see his athleticism and especially in the last couple of years, more versatility by playing DM, but his positioning and awareness is so horrible, I don't get why a top club would want to compromise with someone prone to completely zoning out in the area a team least can afford it. That he will become the most expensive defender of all time (granted, football is dead and PSG are eagerly violating its corpse with silly money) is almost comical.

I wonder if that scout guy on Twitter whose name I can't remember that euroboy has mentioned has said anything or rates him.

blue footed boobie
Sep 14, 2012

UEFA SUPREMACY
Luiz is a lot better than he gets credit for on TRP, but this is like twice what I would have considered to be the highest possible fee for Luiz.

TwoDogs1Cup
May 28, 2008

DOUGIE DOUGIE DOUGIE! MY LOVE, HE MAKES MY EMPTY HEART FULL! DOUGIE! THE BEST FOREVER THE BEST DOUGIEEE! <3 <3 - TwoDougies1Cup

blue footed boobie posted:

Luiz is a lot better than he gets credit for on TRP, but this is like twice what I would have considered to be the highest possible fee for Luiz.

He's good at everything that doesn't involving defending

Bea Nanner
Oct 20, 2003

Je suis excité!
He will do fine in France.

TheGoatFeeder
Mar 16, 2005

"One Zaba, Two Zaba, Three Zabaleta, Four Zaba, Five Zaba, Six Zabaleta, Seven Zaba, Eight Zaba, Nine Zabaleta, Heeeeeeeeeey Zabaleta"
I always thought with Luiz he'd be fine/good for say 10 games, then in the 11th he'd make a massive gently caress up because he'd go to sleep. Then he'd have another good run of form until the next gently caress up came along.

So yeah he's not worth £40M, but he's not as bad as some are making out.

TelekineticBear!
Feb 19, 2009

hes played pretty well for brazil whenever ive seen them play and thiago silva is real good so they could form a nice partnership

saihttam
Apr 15, 2006
Enter sadman
Wtf is the luiz deal real im not seeing anything in bold

blue footed boobie
Sep 14, 2012

UEFA SUPREMACY

saihttam posted:

It is not ready to be bolded

hadji murad
Apr 18, 2006

not not luvd posted:

The Luiz deal is dodgy as gently caress.

Every Arsenal supporter on Twitter is having their latest giant moan about this.

Doubly sweet.

blue footed boobie
Sep 14, 2012

UEFA SUPREMACY

hadji murad posted:

Every Arsenal supporter on Twitter is having their latest giant moan about this.

Doubly sweet.

Why do arsenal supporters care?

saihttam
Apr 15, 2006
Enter sadman

It is not ready to be bolded

boobie

hadji murad
Apr 18, 2006

A conspiracy of oil to stick it to someone apparently.

Some fans think it's towards UEFA, others think Arsenal personally. Lots of number crunching and fat fingers. It's sad.

saihttam
Apr 15, 2006
Enter sadman
I dont care a bit. Luiz is cool and good with me and i will enjoy watching his hair in the ligue 1

Woodenlung
Dec 10, 2013

Calculating Infinity

Voyeurs.

Bape Culture
Sep 13, 2006

Luiz is loving average and a twat. Psg are a joke.

blue footed boobie
Sep 14, 2012

UEFA SUPREMACY

hadji murad posted:

A conspiracy of oil to stick it to someone apparently.

Some fans think it's towards UEFA, others think Arsenal personally. Lots of number crunching and fat fingers. It's sad.

It totally could be tbf although I don't really care

Woodenlung
Dec 10, 2013

Calculating Infinity

Bape Culture posted:

Luiz is loving average and a twat. Psg are a joke.

I don't know who you support, but I'm sure they are poo poo. Luiz is a great guy and he will fund us stealing Shaw now.

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

and then the car turned in to fire

Bea Nanner posted:

He will do fine in France.

PSG will be steamrolling the league for the next 20 years with their B-team, it's whether he'll be good in the Champions League that matters.

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

and then the car turned in to fire

saihttam posted:

It's on the official PSG twitter...Im going to go out on a limb here and say it's a done deal.

https://twitter.com/PSG_inside/status/469946255737495554

Paperhouse
Dec 31, 2008

I think
your hair
looks much
better
pushed
over to
one side
Good for Chelsea tbh, I actually like Luiz as a player but he doesn't really strike me as a Mourinho type defender he's too much of a fancy dan. If it's really £40m or over then goongrats to Jose

Hashtag Banterzone
Dec 8, 2005

Lifetime Winner of the willkill4food Honorary Bad Posting Award in PWM
Sad to see Luiz go but in this post FFP us small clubs have to sell to buy

aellisr
Oct 11, 2007

Alveolar fibrosis don't give a damn.
Having Silva beside him to actually defend will do wonders for Luiz. In the world of silly football some £45 million for his services is sadly about right. He is globally recognizable and decent at his sport. PSG paid a Ferrari price for a BMW, the end purchase is still nice to drive, but everyone will snicker when they hear what you paid for your auto.

Seltzer
Oct 11, 2012

Ask me about Game Pass: the Best Deal in Gaming!
They overpaid a ton. That bad car analogy doesn't make it sound better.

Bea Nanner
Oct 20, 2003

Je suis excité!
PSG will feel hard done by.

cheese
Jan 7, 2004

Shop around for doctors! Always fucking shop for doctors. Doctors are stupid assholes. And they get by because people are cowed by their mystical bullshit quality of being able to maintain a 3.0 GPA at some Guatemalan medical college for 3 semesters. Find one that makes sense.
Luiz is a mediocre defender and doesn't offer all that much going forward, I don't understand this at all
Ok, that is amazing on so many levels - deal approved

Simone Poodoin
Jun 26, 2003

Che storia figata, ragazzo!

lol if you think that this deal isn't a massive profit maker for some agents

Bea Nanner
Oct 20, 2003

Je suis excité!
http://www.transfermarkt.com/euro-export-assessoria-e-propaganda-ltda-/beraterfirma/berater/724

Interesting link.

euroboy
Mar 24, 2004

fifty million pounds for a defender lmao

Hashtag Banterzone
Dec 8, 2005

Lifetime Winner of the willkill4food Honorary Bad Posting Award in PWM
If his name was Luicci no one would bat an eye at the price tag.

Moktaro
Aug 3, 2007
I value call my nuts.

MrL_JaKiri posted:

Rumour going round that Sunderland will buy Jozy some talent

He'll just fall over when the doctor grabs his arm, why bother.

cheese
Jan 7, 2004

Shop around for doctors! Always fucking shop for doctors. Doctors are stupid assholes. And they get by because people are cowed by their mystical bullshit quality of being able to maintain a 3.0 GPA at some Guatemalan medical college for 3 semesters. Find one that makes sense.

Hashtag Banterzone posted:

If his name was Luicci no one would bat an eye at the price tag.
If he was good no one would bat an eye

hadji murad
Apr 18, 2006
Why did Luke Shaw just mention he was a Chelsea fan?

Steve Evets
Feb 6, 2006

Got no problems with that Luiz deal, the more clubs paying mental fees the better.

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer

Drogadon posted:

lol if you think that this deal isn't a massive profit maker for some agents

I'd normally assume his agent was Jorge Mendes and he'd be signing for Monaco though

saihttam
Apr 15, 2006
Enter sadman
Cant wait for Mourinho to steal every transfer this window

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jippa
Feb 13, 2009
Rumours that Levy has spoken to both FDB and the poch this week.

• Locked thread