Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
MononcQc
May 29, 2007

So who's in line to replace Prust? I'm hoping not Ryan White

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DO YALL WANT A BOXC
Jul 20, 2010

HAHA! WOOOOOOO WOOO!
Fun Shoe
game 3 was one of the worst-reffed games i've seen in a long time. i like watching hitting so i don't give a poo poo if that's the way it's going to be called, but prust should have gotten a lot more based on the way they call it. oh well,

fancy stats
Sep 9, 2009

A man's man, wears a lot of denim, tells long stories and has oatmeal saved from this morning.

MononcQc posted:

So who's in line to replace Prust? I'm hoping not Ryan White

Hopefully, Bournival. It'd be nice if the department of player safety could suspend the Canadiens into an ideal roster.

Just get Emelin, Murray and Boullion next.

Xtanstic
Nov 23, 2007

fancy stats posted:

Hopefully, Bournival. It'd be nice if the department of player safety could suspend the Canadiens into an ideal roster.

Just get Emelin, Murray and Boullion next.

It's debatable if a rusty Tinordi is better than Emelin at this point. It's obviously gonna be Bournival slotting in for Prust.

shyduck
Oct 3, 2003

Too many people on twitter don't understand what the word "automatic" means

Blackbelt Bobman
Jul 17, 2004

I don't need friends! I've been
manipulatin' you since the start!
All so I can something,
something X-Blade!

xzzy posted:

Why do they single out spitting? Are snot rockets legal?

The rule specifically states that if you spit on an official it's an automatic 10 games.

Glambags
Dec 28, 2003

"Don't you know that everything's on fi-yurrrrr" - Dan Carcillo

Overwined
Sep 22, 2008

Wine can of their wits the wise beguile,
Make the sage frolic, and the serious smile.
Carcillo has made his contribution to this team, by some stroke of luck. I'm not sad in the least that he's out and I think what he did was stupid beyond belief.

some kinda jackal
Feb 25, 2003

I kind of tweeted about how it's funny that Carcillo got 10 for punching a ref but Prust only got two for breaking a dude's jaw, but in retrospect I kind of regret doing that because both seem fine to me and you can't really compare apples and oranges.

goldrush
Sep 27, 2005

~~~No Worries~~~

y'all really need to read puck daddy using this link so you don't have to deal with that terrible redesign http://ca.sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nhl-puck-daddy/ (canadian version still uses old format)

soggybagel
Aug 6, 2006
The official account of NFL Tackle Phil Loadholt.

Let's talk Football.

Martytoof posted:

I kind of tweeted about how it's funny that Carcillo got 10 for punching a ref but Prust only got two for breaking a dude's jaw, but in retrospect I kind of regret doing that because both seem fine to me and you can't really compare apples and oranges.

No. It's still funny. Carcillo getting ten for basically flailing his arm in anger versus actually hurting someone. Funny no matter what.

Darkman Fanpage
Jul 4, 2012
Do NOT touch the refs!!!

Hockles
Dec 25, 2007

Resident of Camp Blood
Crystal Lake

Pleads posted:

They are illegal just for some healthy dude to wear, you need like a doctor's note to wear a cage or fishbowl in the NHL.

e: Most dudes opt for the jaw guard because it's the least intrusive option and hockey players only care about the bare minimum of safety to play at MAX PLAYATUDE

Because if you hit a dude square in the face while you are wearing, he gets really really hurt while you probably won't. Whereas, in the same situation if you aren't wearing a cage, both players probably get hurt as much as one another.

Equality!

Newf
Feb 14, 2006
I appreciate hacky sack on a much deeper level than you.
Prust's hit was garbage and the NHL is garbage. All hits that are too late to conceivably be about removing the puck from the target's possession should be treated as attempts to injure, because that is what they are. I'm so tired of watching it. Can't they just play hockey?

Verviticus
Mar 13, 2006

I'm just a total piece of shit and I'm not sure why I keep posting on this site. Christ, I have spent years with idiots giving me bad advice about online dating and haven't noticed that the thread I'm in selects for people that can't talk to people worth a damn.
cool rangers post http://www.mc79hockey.com/2014/05/anton-stralman-secret-star/

Excelzior
Jun 24, 2013

i'm fine with defending the guys wearing no protection except a helmet from angry, armored dudes with weapons in hand TBH

chocolateTHUNDER
Jul 19, 2008

GIVE ME ALL YOUR FREE AGENTS

ALL OF THEM

Newf posted:

Prust's hit was garbage and the NHL is garbage. All hits that are too late to conceivably be about removing the puck from the target's possession should be treated as attempts to injure, because that is what they are. I'm so tired of watching it. Can't they just play hockey?

Wait 20 more years and we'll be there, don't worry!

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
The only thing wrong with this situation is that Prust should be gone for 5, not 2. Clocking a ref in the side of the head getting you 10 games is 1000% the right call because if they didn't do that, you'd see a lot more refs "accidentally" getting knocked around.

neoaxd
Nov 13, 2004

2 is a bit low.

Tochiazuma
Feb 16, 2007

neoaxd posted:

2 is a bit low.

I would say 5 as a disinterested fan, but as a Habs fan anything less than 40 is a terrible decision

AsInHowe
Jan 11, 2007

red winged angel
Don Cherry ‏@CoachsCornerCBC 2h
1) Here's another thing I don't understand on tv. There's a show that shows people going through homes of other people that they think they

2) may want to buy the home. They walk through with their shoes on, on beautiful white carpet. I just don't understand it. They can't be

3) Canadian. Canadian's I think, at least they used to take their shoes off. I know I take my shoes off when I go into someone's home.

3) is that still the Canadian way? Do we still do that? We have lost so much of our Canadian way. Politeness, manners, respect for the law.

4) maybe I am just behind the times.

Zybl0re
Aug 10, 2002

I'M TOO OLD FOR THIS SHIT!
For all the debate about how lovely or not lovely all these injury-inducing hits and ref-challenging shoves have been, I'm just happy that Brandon Prust is the shittiest player on the Habs' active roster right now. :cool:

JawKnee
Mar 24, 2007

You'll take the ride to leave this town along that yellow line

AsInHowe posted:

Don Cherry ‏@CoachsCornerCBC 2h
4) maybe I am just behind the times.

Maybe :bahgawd:

DStecks
Feb 6, 2012

I take my shoes off when I enter a private home, as does everybody I know. :shrug:

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
I don't think taking your shoes off when you enter your house is a specifically Canadian thing.

Rutkowski
Apr 28, 2008

CAN YOU BELIEVE THIS GUY?
Nah, it's the same here in Sweden.

MononcQc
May 29, 2007

Taking your shoes off is a thing at least in many countries where you have poo poo weather including snow that would melt and ruin stuff.

goldrush
Sep 27, 2005

~~~No Worries~~~
oh cool the famous internet shoes on/off debate that I can't believe exists

hifi
Jul 25, 2012

In Japan they give you two sets of slippers, one for inside and one for the bathroom

soggybagel
Aug 6, 2006
The official account of NFL Tackle Phil Loadholt.

Let's talk Football.
He hit the ref in the head? I only watched the video once and I thought he was just hitting him in the side

Blackbelt Bobman
Jul 17, 2004

I don't need friends! I've been
manipulatin' you since the start!
All so I can something,
something X-Blade!

soggybagel posted:

He hit the ref in the head? I only watched the video once and I thought he was just hitting him in the side

He also apparently spat on the ref which is an automatic 10.

Stickarts
Dec 21, 2003

literally

God is Carcillo a walking paper bag full of rancid poo poo or what.

Levitate
Sep 30, 2005

randy newman voice

YOU'VE GOT A LAFRENIÈRE IN ME
They shouldn't have called a terrible non-penalty on him if they didn't want to get spit on

Otis Reddit
Nov 14, 2006
I love Carsillo

Levitate
Sep 30, 2005

randy newman voice

YOU'VE GOT A LAFRENIÈRE IN ME

quote:

Sean AveryVerified account
‏@imseanavery
What a league......10 games for what?
I used to pretend i was dumping the puck and instead try and hit the stripes :)

quote:

Sean AveryVerified account
‏@imseanavery
Refs pull power trips every game, obviously they are pissed off they fly commercial and stand at the bar..

aejix
Sep 18, 2007

It's about finding that next group of core players we can win with in the next 6, 8, 10 years. Let's face it, it's hard for 20-, 21-, 22-year-olds to lead an NHL team. Look at the playoffs.

That quote is from fucking 2018. Fuck you Jim
Pillbug
Sean Avery still owns

some kinda jackal
Feb 25, 2003

aejix posted:

Sean Avery still owns

Halisnacks
Jul 18, 2009
Sean Avery: makes fun of people for making less money than him.

Wamsutta
Sep 9, 2001

Carcillo is a toilet but I will always maintain the penalty whistled on him for grazing Prust with an attempted hit was bullshit, and Prust should have his balls clipped off for headhunting Stepan like he did

I didn't expect to get this loving angry during this series because my opinion on the Habs is typically neutral, but god drat

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Darkman Fanpage
Jul 4, 2012
Thank you Carcillo for distracting HAS from Looch.

• Locked thread