Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Silver Alicorn
Mar 30, 2008

𝓪 𝓻𝓮𝓭 𝓹𝓪𝓷𝓭𝓪 𝓲𝓼 𝓪 𝓬𝓾𝓻𝓲𝓸𝓾𝓼 𝓼𝓸𝓻𝓽 𝓸𝓯 𝓬𝓻𝓮𝓪𝓽𝓾𝓻𝓮
pls dont talk about my girlfriend like that

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr.Unique-Name
Jul 5, 2002

I like Rubick he's pretty cool

Silver Alicorn
Mar 30, 2008

I like to imagine if rubick took off his armor he'd collapse into a greenish puddle

stoutfish
Oct 8, 2012

by zen death robot

Luigi Thirty posted:

yes at last a player who picks cm when i pick juggernaut

oh wait she called me a friend of the family when i told her to stop autoattacking the creep wave and started feeding couriers gg i guess

i think juggie is too team reliant

lol you got trolled.

Silver Alicorn
Mar 30, 2008

uhh juggernaut just needs level 6 and either a drum or a point booster and then he has to go to work, anyone who sucks w/ him is just playing wrong

BigLeafyTree
Oct 21, 2010

Black Baby Goku. posted:

day one: i would gently caress crystal maiden, if she existed in the real world i would suck on her tits and gently caress her ice cold pussy

that sounds uncomfortable

stoutfish
Oct 8, 2012

by zen death robot
i've had bad luck with jugg idk

Black Baby Goku.
Feb 5, 2014

by Lowtax

BigLeafyTree posted:

that sounds uncomfortable

We Found The Next School Shooter

Silver Alicorn
Mar 30, 2008

stoutfish posted:

i've had bad luck with jugg idk

jugg's ult does a shitload of damage and makes you invulnerable and aghs makes it even better, basically buy things that make your ult better and you can't lose

also healing ward is super good, you want to max it before you put points in blade dance and drop it for every fight or push, or even use it to jungle. having drum or aghs makes sure you have enough mana to use all your good poo poo

Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

Emergency confection port.

Silver Alicorn posted:

uhh juggernaut just needs level 6 and either a drum or a point booster and then he has to go to work, anyone who sucks w/ him is just playing wrong

i had my agh's and a Positive KDR but one juggernaut can't carry a game by himself against luna and sniper though they are both easy to kill through omnislash

Silver Alicorn posted:

also healing ward is super good, you want to max it before you put points in blade dance and drop it for every fight or push, or even use it to jungle. having drum or aghs makes sure you have enough mana to use all your good poo poo

this depends on how well you're doing. if you're clowning the other team by all means drop a value point in your crit before you max healing ward, it's the best crit in the game and his BAT got buffed so you'll hit fast and hard

Luigi Thirty fucked around with this message at 06:25 on May 26, 2014

Silver Alicorn
Mar 30, 2008

yeah sniper is a real b*tch to play against when you don't have a serious gap closer like maybe specter

Silver Alicorn
Mar 30, 2008

I thought boner king's crit was the best crit

Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

Emergency confection port.

wrongo, boner king's crit at level 4 is a 15% chance for 3x damage, an effective 30% increase in your deeps. juggs is a 35% chance for double damage at level 4, a 35% deeps increase and the same as having a daedalus.

coup de grace is a 15% chance of a 4.5x crit for a 52.5% deeps increase so it's technically the best anyway

Silver Alicorn
Mar 30, 2008

I see

Coolguye
Jul 6, 2011

Required by his programming!
hey you know how those old commercials were like this is your brain and this is your brain on drugs

the brain on drugs is a brain on dota

and you guys are on dota right now

lol

Studio
Jan 15, 2008

what's nice about boner king's crit is that it's still really high bursty crit so it can destroy a support if you get it first or second hit, kinda like PA. Jugg's works well for himself though since he gets in a lot of attacks through his ult

Studio
Jan 15, 2008

oh and lina, cm, windrunner, and qop are all poo poo waifus

BigLeafyTree
Oct 21, 2010

Studio posted:

oh and lina, cm, windrunner, and qop are all poo poo waifus

state your waifu for judgement

Studio
Jan 15, 2008

voice file

barkbell
Apr 14, 2006

woof

No Such Thing posted:

Given that balance is an issue that even the big guys struggle with I just want to see some top tier dota/lol player run through a bunch of the not-at-all-thought-out mobas and just faceroll enemy teams

yo i kinda want 2 do this

barkbell
Apr 14, 2006

woof
someone give me a list of mobas

Tiger Millionaire
Jan 25, 2014

He'll eat your kids and fire your parents!
Just opened the Terrorblade arcana in my 5-level present, proof that i am god of dota

Enigma89
Jan 2, 2007

by CVG

Tiger Millionaire posted:

Just opened the Terrorblade arcana in my 5-level present, proof that i am god of dota

Giff

barkbell
Apr 14, 2006

woof
im playing this strife game and its like every moba including hots woah

stoutfish
Oct 8, 2012

by zen death robot

KyloWinter posted:

yo i kinda want 2 do this

your skills and knowledge of dota won't transfer over so well to other mobas.

barkbell
Apr 14, 2006

woof

stoutfish posted:

your skills and knowledge of dota won't transfer over so well to other mobas.

y not

stoutfish
Oct 8, 2012

by zen death robot

you have to memorize 100 new items and heroes, meta

the controls also feel different, the speed you move and turnrates could feel weird

like dota is an aggressive game while league is a very passive game where farming is more profitable than getting a kill. i remember singsing and some other guys were in a 5 man party who lost to easy bots in lol.

basically, mobas are all complex dumb webs that take too long to understand, so you won't be stomping noobs (except for the first game where you play with people who have never played before)

satsui no thankyou
Apr 23, 2011
i hear this is the place i can say friend of the family about my favorite game, defense of the dota.

barkbell
Apr 14, 2006

woof

stoutfish posted:

you have to memorize 100 new items and heroes, meta

the controls also feel different, the speed you move and turnrates could feel weird

like dota is an aggressive game while league is a very passive game where farming is more profitable than getting a kill. i remember singsing and some other guys were in a 5 man party who lost to easy bots in lol.

basically, mobas are all complex dumb webs that take too long to understand, so you won't be stomping noobs (except for the first game where you play with people who have never played before)

i dunno about all that i just played my first 2 games of strife and had infinite-0 kda i just bought whatever looked good. ez.

Silver Alicorn
Mar 30, 2008

satsui no thankyou posted:

i hear this is the place i can say friend of the family about my favorite game, defense of the dota.

I think maybe you heard wrong

stoutfish
Oct 8, 2012

by zen death robot

KyloWinter posted:

i dunno about all that i just played my first 2 games of strife and had infinite-0 kda i just bought whatever looked good. ez.

you can do the same by starting a new account in dota, i played on someone elses clean account and went like 20-3 invoker

Mr.Unique-Name
Jul 5, 2002

I kinda liked razor's old ult that was just a passive that made lightning bolts hit a random thing in a big radius around you periodically but I can see why they changed it

barkbell
Apr 14, 2006

woof

stoutfish posted:

you can do the same by starting a new account in dota, i played on someone elses clean account and went like 20-3 invoker

ya but this game only has like 300 active players so ive already played with a bunch of em

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

Mr.Unique-Name
Jul 5, 2002

Has anybody played smite?

I tried a bot game and it feels like lol only in third person so yeah.

Silver Alicorn
Mar 30, 2008

I think I've tried 3? times to play smashmuck champions and every time I've quit during the tutorial, it is so bad

Falsum
May 10, 2013

Crazy for the Bros
My brother plays it so I tried it for a few games. It's bad. I don't think I've ever played a third-person game that handles worse than Smite. The gods' abilities felt uninspired and all over the place. It's basically third-person LoL.

I'd pick it over LoL though.

Also bushes suck and are a complete joke when you consider that they replaced trees and ramps.

Falsum fucked around with this message at 08:09 on May 27, 2014

Spudd
Nov 27, 2007

Protect children from "Safe Schools" social engineering. Shame!

Mr.Unique-Name posted:

Has anybody played smite?

I tried a bot game and it feels like lol only in third person so yeah.

I'm told okay-ish stuff about it, haven't played it myself.

satsui no thankyou
Apr 23, 2011
smite is fun but not good. play with friends or not at all.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

satsui no thankyou
Apr 23, 2011
i mean uhhh...friend of the family lol

• Locked thread