Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
waah
Jun 20, 2011

Better stay in line when
You see a Pavel like me shinin

ijyt posted:

Unless you're waiting for varnish to dry. :negative:

Or you bit off more than you can chew :negative:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

signalnoise
Mar 7, 2008

i was told my old av was distracting
Yeah my oathed mans are gonna look like poo poo but I guess they'll be done

krushgroove
Oct 23, 2007

Disapproving look
:siren: Goons who donated prizes in the Season 4 thread! :siren:

Please make sure you're on this list if you donated any prizes to the Season 4 thread. If you're not, drop me a line at krushgroove169 at gmail.com and remind me what you sent! I'm worried I may have missed at least one cash donation and one or two Grab Bag prizes.

Ineptmule for your themed model group prizes
Manifest for your bits prizes
Bachtere for your painted figures to a lucky winner every quarter!
Arlaharen - $75 towards the prize of your choice!
liljonas a Grand Prize for your sub-25mm army painters, AND another random prize for anyone who paints any sub-25mm oath!
Mr.Booger - several Grab Bag prizes
Namelos - more Grab Bag prizes plus books from the Black Library!
Pierrethemime - once again, Oathbreaker avatars!
Tadhg - for the second year, a fantastic Grand Prize - ANY Games Workshop starter set!
Thundercloud - boxed and bagged Grab Bag prizes
Zhent - $100 towards a set of gift vouchers for our mini-competitions!
Signal - Grab Bag prizes
Maniac Matt - Grab Bag prizes
Vondizimo - TWO special one-off prizes!
Slimnoid - a special one-off prize!
djfooboo - Grab Bag prizes
NTRabbit - a special one-off prize!
IrvingWashington - stone-cold CASH donation to help out (quite a lot) with postage costs!

Again, if I'm missing anyone at all, please email me at krushgroove169 @ gmail.com and remind me what you donated! I don't want to miss anyone in the run-up to the end of the thread, and everyone who donated something (unless you opt out) is up for your own prize draw!

krushgroove
Oct 23, 2007

Disapproving look
Hey! Speaking of prize donations, anyone who's got models, supplies or whatever burning a hole in your pocket is welcome to donate stuff to this year's Grab Bag!

As noted above, you'll have the gratitude of multitudes of fellow goons and painters, PLUS you'll be entered into a prize draw at the end of Season 5 to thank you for your generosity!

This time around, to simplify things, we'll try to have TWO locations for Grab Bag prizes: one UK/EU, and one US. If this works out, winning goons will choose from the appropriate grab bag location, which will save us quite a bit on postage costs. Aus goons, you'll be able to choose from either location.

Rulebook Heavily
Sep 18, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
Oath Complete

Six Mantic Elohi in two units of three each for use with Kings of War.

I'll varnish and maybe white-coat airbrush them when I get home from my sudden and somewhat unexpected weekend retreat, but they're complete enough to claim.

Jurnal

I also did some stuff with magnetizing my bases:

Parts List:

(Plus, not pictured, the Tan Flesh and Dark Flesh colors also from Vallejo.)
The sand is Icelandic highland desert sand. (It's not as cool as it sounds.) Inlaid in the belt of each Elohi is additionally one approx. 1.05mm cut Tsavorite gemstone because why the hell not; the only blood on them is the blood of my enemies.

Claiming:
Season 5iver!
Journal (3+ pics)
Parts List
They're full units so Themed Group?

And I think that also gets me Double the Fun.

The Sex Cannon
Nov 22, 2004

Eh. I'm pretty content with my current logo.

OneTrueBru posted:

:vomarine: May oath completed! :vomarine:

This model is so pretty. Great job!

Lord Hypnostache
Nov 6, 2009

OATHBREAKER
Oath complete!

Inquisitor and the Crusaders

And the Space Marines

And here's some WIP pictures

Touch up on the basecoat, add black and boltgun metal.

Start working on details. The honour guard on the right has most of his details already washed and highlighted (I got carried away with the model)

This is after one or two layers of washes before edge highlighting.

And one picture of the crusaders. Didn't take more pictures since I didn't have a clear vision of a colour scheme for the inquisition dudes when I started painting them.

So, that's Season 5iver and Journal.

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

Oh man, I just realized I totally get to compliment people on their work this year! I didn't ever want to do that last year because of my empowered position.

These guys are really pushing my buttons. Very nice work and good photography too.

I'm delighted to see someone else doing dreadfleet models and this looks really good. I've got a ton of work to do still on the Heldenhammer and I have to do it all tonight, because Saturday I have guests over all day (to play Twilight Imperium) so there won't be time for painting. Are you planning on oathing more Dreadfleet stuff this year? My wife gave me my copy for my birthday like two or three years ago and she's annoyed I've never played it, but I can't assemble most of the ships until I'm ready to paint them. So finally getting around to it is a big priority. My goal is to have it fully painted by the end of this year's oath thread.

Dr. Gargunza
May 19, 2011

He damned me for a eunuch,
and my mother for a whore.

Fun Shoe

Deanut Pancer posted:

Here's my jurnal/parts-list entry, in poster format:

These are fantastic. :allears:

Gareth Gobulcoque
Jan 10, 2008

Leperflesh posted:

Oh man, I just realized I totally get to compliment people on their work this year! I didn't ever want to do that last year because of my empowered position.

These guys are really pushing my buttons. Very nice work and good photography too.

I'm delighted to see someone else doing dreadfleet models and this looks really good. I've got a ton of work to do still on the Heldenhammer and I have to do it all tonight, because Saturday I have guests over all day (to play Twilight Imperium) so there won't be time for painting. Are you planning on oathing more Dreadfleet stuff this year? My wife gave me my copy for my birthday like two or three years ago and she's annoyed I've never played it, but I can't assemble most of the ships until I'm ready to paint them. So finally getting around to it is a big priority. My goal is to have it fully painted by the end of this year's oath thread.

My goal is also to complete Dreadfleet by the end of the oath thread. I'm doing everything besides boats first then working backwards from the order the ships appear in scenario. Assuming I finish my oath this month, which I should, then next month I will finish the last of islands and shipwrecks. I already have the rulers and turning things done from last season, so progress is occurring!

Pyrolocutus
Feb 5, 2005
Shape of Flame

Oath complete

Jurnal - May (3+ pictures of process)

Starting off with the initial layers, putting down some P3 Morrow White, P3 Bastion Grey, and P3 Quicksilver.

Adding some GW Drakenhof Nightshade to coat the Morrow White and using some P3 Armor Wash on the grey and silver.

Let's add something that pops! P3 Arcane Blue in the hammer's notches, as well as the eyes and grill (as well as two power conduits in the back).

A Charger boldly squares off against a Ravagore on a rocky outcropping in the woods for In Battle!

Parts List
Krylon White Primer
P3 Morrow White
P3 Bastion Grey
P3 Quick Silver
P3 Arcane Blue
P3 Armor Wash
GW Drakenhof Nightshade

Claiming in total, assuming I did everything to satisfaction:
Oath complete
May Jurnal
In Battle!
Parts List
Double The Fun
Season 5iver

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

Gareth Gobulcoque posted:

My goal is also to complete Dreadfleet by the end of the oath thread. I'm doing everything besides boats first then working backwards from the order the ships appear in scenario. Assuming I finish my oath this month, which I should, then next month I will finish the last of islands and shipwrecks. I already have the rulers and turning things done from last season, so progress is occurring!

Oh yeah! I remember seeing your islands and stuff too.

I've already done a couple sea monsters and some treasure tokens and stuff, as well as the dwarf ship. My goal is to be able to play as soon as possible. So I'm trying to do the ships that are needed for the first scenario first; that way I can play before the whole thing is painted up.

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

i wear this armour to protect myself from the histrionics of hysterical women

bitches

I'm planning to make a diorama featuring the Dystopian Wars French fleet I've been picking up at the discount table the last 6 months, just short a couple units, some terrain bits, a way to make 1:1200 scale shoreline/harbor and a big bit of MDF to get started. Gotta paint all them ships, airships and maybe tanks in the next 11 months. I think I should trawl the Terrain Megathread for ideas...

Also I think I should finish my Wave Serpent tomorrow before time gets away from me :downs:

enri
Dec 16, 2003

Hope you're having an amazing day

Leperflesh posted:

Ha, snap.. my wife bought me my copy too, back when it came out and similarly has pointed out that I've never played it. My fall back excuse is "I'm buying games for the kids to play with me when they're older! honest luv" - works a treat.

I'm not sure if I will try to get the lot oathed, in all honesty, I was lacking anything to paint this month and took a cue from you oathing the heldenhammer :) Picked the ship I most liked the look of and figured I'd get in on the dreadfleet fun! Back to my usual Malifaux / Hordes oathing next month I think, I'll see if I can't convince myself to paint up an island or two in the coming months though to keep the ball rolling :)

One day I'll try to get my space hulk minis painted up but that isn't a task taken on lightly :ohdear:

Bavius
Jun 4, 2010

Smurfs don't lay eggs! I won't tell you this again! Papa Smurf has a fucking beard! They're mammals!
Just wanted to pop by and note that I finally received the Games 'n' Gears brushes from last year's oath thread. They're really nice - I'd buy brushes from these guys. Kudos to them for offering to back this thing again and I hope you goons get lots painted.

Signal
Dec 10, 2005

Oath Complete!

NTRabbit posted:

I'm planning to make a diorama featuring the Dystopian Wars French fleet I've been picking up.

I've had a lot of fun with them, and really like the French aesthetic.

Journal Pictures:

Obviously I'm claiming Season 5iver, but I don't know if my first image counts for Strike a Pose or not.

Parts List
Vallejo Gray Surface Primer
A Sherwin Williams house paint that's grayish. >.>
VGC Ghost Gray
Black India Ink
VGC Dark Fleshtone for the wood
VGC Hammered Copper
VMC Gunmetal Grey mixed with VGC Brassy Brass
VGC Hot Orange and Orange Fire

And Double the Fun.

The Supreme Court
Feb 25, 2010

Pirate World: Nearly done!
Definitely good to see you guys doing dreadfleet, I oathed the treasure tokens for a relaxing start, but I'm hoping to get the full thing painted this year!

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

enri posted:

Ha, snap.. my wife bought me my copy too, back when it came out and similarly has pointed out that I've never played it. My fall back excuse is "I'm buying games for the kids to play with me when they're older! honest luv" - works a treat.

I'm not sure if I will try to get the lot oathed, in all honesty, I was lacking anything to paint this month and took a cue from you oathing the heldenhammer :) Picked the ship I most liked the look of and figured I'd get in on the dreadfleet fun! Back to my usual Malifaux / Hordes oathing next month I think, I'll see if I can't convince myself to paint up an island or two in the coming months though to keep the ball rolling :)

One day I'll try to get my space hulk minis painted up but that isn't a task taken on lightly :ohdear:

Haha oh man, my space hulk guys! Well, at least they're assembled and I've played the game. Dreadfleet just has enough ships with inside-parts that I know would be impossible to paint well if I glue them together first, that I've held off on assembly, and that prevents me from playing.

I have so many unpainted things I know I'll never in a lifetime get them all painted, and yet I keep buying more. I've got a big box of Bones I, completely unpainted, and I've got Bones II coming this year too!

If I painted as much as Red Shoe it'd still take me years to get through this pile.

ijyt
Apr 10, 2012

Might not have time to post otherwise so... Oath Complete! (With the most :effort: inquisitorial log ever, where I forger to take half the photos! I promise to do better next time.)

loving varnish didn't dry properly though. I promise they look better in person.

Journal:

Parts List:

PAINTS 'N' poo poo posted:

Citadel
Khorne Red
Wazdakka Red
Abaddon Black
Mechanicus Standard Grey
Administratum Grey
Warpstone Glow
Warboss Green
Skarsnik Green
Yriel Yellow
Averland Sunset
Ungor Flesh
Ceramite White
Steel Legion Drab
Baneblade Brown
Karak Stone
Leadbelcher
Runefang Steel

Carroburg Crimson
Waywatcher Green
Nuln Oil
Agrax Earthshade
Reikland Flesh

Typhus Corrosion

Vallejo
Negro / Black
Gris Negro / Black Grey

So I'm claiming:

Season 5iver
Parts List
Inquisitor's Log
Double the Fun

Dr. Gargunza
May 19, 2011

He damned me for a eunuch,
and my mother for a whore.

Fun Shoe

enri posted:

You can do it! I managed to get my entire set painted up in just a few months, thanks to the Season 4 oath thread (so thanks to the mods!). I didn't oath termies or Genestealers every month, and a lot of the painting was crammed into the last three weeks before GenCon, but I got them done! (Of course, I keep tinkering with them, but the principle still stands.)

I kind of wish we had a version of the Alternate Universe Oath this year, though, simply because I'd like to finally get all of the figures for my Fortune & Glory game painted up. I'm part of the way there; all I have left are eight more heroes, 11 villains, 8 mobsters, 16 Nazis, 8 Crimson Hand cultists, what the hell have i gotten myself into

WhiteOutMouse
Jul 29, 2010

:wom: will blow your mind.
:vomarine:Oath Complete!:vomarine:

Play by Play:
and
Part List:

quote:

Sprayed Red (FW ink Flame Red)

Basecoat armor parts black (P3 Coal black) and Gun Grey (GW Mechanicus Standard Grey)

Wash Gun black (Seacret Weapon Soft Body Black) and everything else red (GW Carroburg Crimson)

Drybrush armor, gun and dirt with grey (GW Dawnstone) *Black to touch up any spots on base not 100% black first*

Basecoat visors with Turquoise (Vallejo Game Color: Jade Green) and the Tiberium Warp Stones green (GW Goblin Green *oop) moderate drybrush for OSL on adjacent dirt.

Highlight both visors and ~special~ rock with brighter green (GW Scorpion Green *oop) with less adjacent drybrushing for OSL glow. Then lightly highlight extreme edges white for visor and stone (P3 Morrow White)

Basecoat faces with darker skintone (GW Ratskin Flesh) but leaving a few dark lines of red+wash in extreme recesses and mouth. Highlight with lighter skin (GW Cadian Flehstone).

Paint eyesockets black (FW Black) and then dot them white (FW White). *I used these awesome inks because they don't dry on the brush and have super control. I tried to use the P3 Morrow white because I was being lazy since my ink was upstairs and it was loving impossible. I finally got my ink and I one-shot'ed that poo poo.* It ends up with almost super-hero/comic book eyes that I kinda like. Easy to do and contrast great at tabletop distance.

Some guys have some shades so I painted them metal (GW Boltgun Metal *oop) and once very observant guy I mixed orange and yellow into the mix (GW Blazing Orange *oop and GW Sunburst Yellow *oop Retrospectively)

Done!

I don't think this will qualify but why not...

Box art?

My guys are Not-Nod guard. I have also been painting my Mantic Enforcers with similar schemes but I will probably adapt this color mixture instead of what I had for them, this mixture looks better and is much easier to execute. Maybe one day that warpath game will come out with Deadzone style rules and I can play these guys. Or they will get a deadzone deck I can use.

Red Shoe
Apr 16, 2005

Brogies in arms!
:siren:Oath complete!:siren:

Step 1: Prime Duplicolor White. Basecoat flesh with P3 Thrall Flesh + Moldy Ochre, wash with Battledress Green. Basecoat scales and fins with Battledress Green, wash with Thornwood Green+Black. Basecoat ground with Battlefield Brown. Basecoat the gator tail quiver with Menoth White Highlight.
Step 2: Drybrush base with Bootstrap Leather then Jack Bone. Paint swampy part with Traitor Green. Highlight scales and fins with Thornwood Green mixed with Menoth White Highlight. Basecoat silver parts with P3 Pig Iron, gold with Rhulic Gold, cloth with Bloodtracker Brown, leather straps on the harpoon gun with Bootstrap Leather, leather straps on the body with Battlefield Brown. Basecoat bone plates with Jack Bone. Wash the quiver with Traitor Green, paint the spines Cryx Bane Base then drybrush with Traitor Green followed by a GW Nuln Oil wash.
Step 3: Wash metal with GW Nuln Oil then highlight silver with P3 Chainmail, gold with Rhulic Gold and then Brass Balls. Wash the leather straps on the body with GW Nuln Oil then highlight with P3 Battlefield Brown + Menoth White Highlight. Highlight the straps on the gun with Bootstrap Leather + Rucksack Tan. Wash the cloth with GW Agrax Earthshade then highlight with Bloodtracker Brown + Rucksack Tan. Basecoat the ropes with Hammerfall Khaki. Wash the bone and rope with GW Earthshade.
Step 4: Highlight the flesh with the base color + Menoth White Highlight. Glaze the antennae with Khador Red Base. Paint the eyes with Skorne Red highlighted with Ember Orange and then Menoth White Highlight. Paint the plants Iosan Green + Olive and wash with Nuln Oil. Highlight bone with Jack Bone + Menoth White Highlight.
Finishing steps: Paint base rim black, carefully apply Envirotex Polymer mixed with Vallejo Smoke to the green part of the base.
Parts list:
Duplicolor: White primer.
Games Workshop: Nuln Oil, Agrax Earthshade.
Vallejo: Smoke
Envirotex 1:1 Polymer
P3: Thrall Flesh, Moldy Ochre, Battledress Green, Thornwood Green, Thamar Black, Battlefield Brown, Menoth White Highlight, Traitor Green, Bootstrap Leather, Bloodtracker Brown, Jack Bone, Pig Iron, Chain Mail, Rhulic Gold, Brass Balls, Cryx Bane Base, Hammerfall Khaki, Rucksack Tan, Iosan Green, Olive, Khador Red Base, Ember Orange.

That should be:
Jurnal
Season 5ver
Parts List
Double The Fun

Completed Rask

Maelok, Bokor, and Witch Doctor

Gatorman Posse

Croak Hunter

Thrullg

Lord Carver

Midas

Razorback Crew

Bone Grinders

Brigands

Gun Boars

Road Hog and War Hog

Gareth Gobulcoque
Jan 10, 2008

OATH COMPLETE

Inquisitor's Journal

1) After priming the Archidon with Vallejo Surface Primer White I spray Minitaire Nebula Red on the armor.
2) I applied some shading to the red with Minitaire Ghost Tint Purple. It's pretty subtle. On the finished model it's barely notceable.
3) I masked off the armor with blue tac.
4) The whole model gets a coat of Minitaire Bark. I'm not super concerned with laying down a very coat here. It's not going to matter much in a few more steps.

5) I thin down Minitaire Bloodstained Mud down with Lquitex Arbrush Medium at about 3 parts thinner to 1 part paint. The bloodstained mud is an extremely dark red, but it's also really transparent before the thinner. I airbrush it in the shadows focusing especially on the chest and the base of the wings. My lighting is pretty horrible; it's more noticeable in person.
6) I drop the PSI down to 5 and with short flicking motions with the airbrush I apply Mintaire Muddy Brown
7) Minitaire Jaundice is applied to the wings. I'm using a little more thinner than normal here at about 3:2 paint to thinner because I want those spots to show through even on the lighter portions of the wings. Again this is a pretty subtle, but unlike the purple ghost tint this does show up on the finished model by adding some depth to the wings.
8) Minitaire Ancient Bone is applied to the back of the wings leaving some, but not a lot of the jaundce behind.

9) At about 4:1 thinner to paint I reapply minitaire bark to the whole model. It's acting as a filter and tying everything together. I'm bringing down the whites and evening out the spots so they aren't as stark.
10) I masked off the wings around the arms with Daler Rowney Art Masking Fluid and painters tape and reapplied straight minitaire bark to the arms.
11) With a mix of 3 parts bark to 1 part ancient bone I highlighted the arms. This was pretty sloppy. I really needed to clean my airbrush at this point, but screw it. I'm just shooting for tabletop here.
12) Oh hello, friend. The whole model gets a coat of Liquitex Gloss Varnish in preparation for the next step...

13) I dab on some blotches of Dick Blick Burnt Unmber and Yellow Ochre oil paint near the front edges of the wings and then streak down with mineral spirits to create striations in the wing. You can make this effect as subtle or striking as you want. Since I've already got the mottling, I really want to keep these pretty subdued. While I've got the oil paints out and a coat of gloss varnish on, I work some of the paint into the recesses of the arm to start defining the shadow.
14) I add a cactus from Pegasus Hobbies Cactus Set #2 along with some playground sand to the base. I basecoat the metals with the redundant Vallejo Gunmetal Metal and Golden Fluid Acrylics Iridescent Gold Deep(fine)
15) The rock (pine bark) gets a coat of bloodstained mud, the sand gets a coat of bark, and the cactus gets Minitaire Sewage Water. I'm reusing colors from the models on the base to hopefully give it a more natural feel.
16) I halve the base with Minitaire Innards and Liquitex Basics Mars Black. The rock gets a drybrush of a mix 1:1 Minitaire Red Clay and Skull White while the Cactus gets a drybrush of Minitaire Pestilence Flesh.
17) Almost there. using matte medium, water, and flow aid I apply make up essentially a dark and a light wash for both the brown and the gold using Daler Rowney FW Black Ink, Liquitex ink! Transparent Burnt Umber, and Vallejo Brown Ink. The burnt umber provides a nice half-assed black lining while I really like the effect of the vallejo's orange brown ink on gold.

At this point, I gave it a coating of Liquitex Matte Varnish and applied some highlights to metals to bring them back up with their base colors.

It kind of looks like this:

Inquisitor's Journal
Parts List
Double the fun
Box Art
Theme Group

Gareth Gobulcoque fucked around with this message at 06:39 on May 31, 2014

Ledgem
Oct 20, 2010
Oath Complete!

Detektuv's Jurnal

ijyt
Apr 10, 2012

Red Shoe posted:

:stare:

How the hell do you have the time to paint all that in a month? Awesome job.

thiswayliesmadness
Dec 3, 2009

I hope to see you next time, and take care all

ijyt posted:

I've always imagined it's something similar to this (but with painting)

Schmetterling
Apr 1, 2011

:krakentoot: Oath Complete! :krakentoot:

For the Inquisitor's Journal, Parts List and Double the Fun:

First, I put on base coats of Citadel Foundation Astronomican Grey for the bases, Citadel Foundation Knarloc Green on the ghost, and Citadel Foundation Calthan Brown on the dog.

Then, washes! The ghost got a whole bunch of different ones; Secret Weapon Washes algae all over, followed by Secret Weapon Washes Ruby on the face, hands, and spine, Secret Weapon Washes Amethyst and Secret Weapon Washes Blue on the robes/body, and Secret Weapon Washes Heavy Body Black on the base. The dog got Secret Weapon Washes Ruby on the lower half of his body, Secret Weapon Washes Amethyst on the top half, and a mix of Secret Weapon Washes Ruby and Secret Weapon Washes Heavy Body Black on the base.

Then, I painted the spikes, claws, teeth, and eye sockets on the dog with Game Color Off White and then washed the top of body and spikes with Secret Weapon Washes Amethyst again. Next I highlighted the furry bits with Citadel Foundation Mechrite Red, highlighted the body with Mantic Warpaints Brown, re-painted the spikes with Game Color Off White, and brushed a little Mantic Warpaints Brown mixed with Game Color Off White onto the spikes and claws. The eyes were washed with Secret Weapon Washes Heavy Body Black and then dotted and lined with Citadel Colour Scorpion Green.

The ghost got highlighted with a mix of Game Color Scorpy Green and Mantic Warpaints Silver for a pretty, pearlescent colour.

Both bases got highlighted with Game Color Cold Grey and a little bit of Game Color Cold Grey mixed with Secret Weapon Washes Heavy Body Black.

The end result (with flash because I need another lamp):

So that's me claiming:
Inquisitor's Journal
Parts List
Double the Fun
Season 5'er

Schmetterling fucked around with this message at 11:05 on May 31, 2014

Schmetterling
Apr 1, 2011

Red Shoe posted:

Croak Hunter

I love this froggie :allears: his stripy neck is awesome

Ripley
Jan 21, 2007
Oath failed. I can't believe I'm having to bail on the very first month of oaths, but my body sabotaged me - I've spent the last few weeks unable to focus my left eye, which makes trying to paint both difficult and painful. Hopefully the eye will be back to normal by mid-June so I can get back into it.

Red Shoe posted:

Your work (and workrate) is amazing as always.

ForkBanger
Jul 19, 2007

Oath Complete

Traditional awful photo-

The Beckoners and Mr. Tannen are a Themed Group, employees of Jakob Lynch's Honeypot Casino (and also horrible monsters hidden in human guises).

Under 15
Jan 6, 2005

Mr. Helsbecter will you please stop shooting I am on the phone

Ledgem posted:

Oath Complete!

I like these guys, have a very sardaukar vibe to them

Red Shoe
Apr 16, 2005

Brogies in arms!
Thanks everyone!

ijyt posted:

At this point it's mostly practice moving quickly. I also batch paint anything I can (all of the gator scales and farrow fur were done at the same time) and use a lot of washes which I find get good results but are faster to apply.

thespaceinvader
Mar 30, 2011

The slightest touch from a Gol-Shogeg will result in Instant Death!
Fnahrk. Oath complete, but rushed to gently caress. Such a busy month.
WIP 1: base colours.

WIP 2: Slapped on some Gryphonne Sepia

WIP 3: Finished with some bits

Proper completion photo to follow once I've dug out my photo box.

E:
:effort:

E: oh yeah:
Inquisitor's Jurnal, Season 5iver. Need to do more next month but been busy this month.

thespaceinvader fucked around with this message at 23:02 on May 31, 2014

signalnoise
Mar 7, 2008

i was told my old av was distracting
OATH COMPLETE

signalnoise fucked around with this message at 20:16 on May 31, 2014

Electric Hobo
Oct 22, 2008

What a view!

Grimey Drawer
Oath complete

I should probably look into how to take some pictures that aren't horrible. Oh well...
I tried out some oil washes on the Rune Golems to get the inner glow thing they've got going on. Worked pretty well but I need some practice at mixing them. This is also my first time basing anything! I like the result but the one piece base and mini makes it a pain in the rear end.

Then I wanted to try wet blending on the Rider's cloaks. It looks a little streaky, but it still looks waaay better than what I usually do. Good thing I have a bunch more to practice on.

Jurnal

Starting off with some zenithal base coating.

Hitting it with a blue oil wash.

And a bunch of light blue oil washes. Starting to look right.

Part list
Rune Golems:
Vallejo White Primer
Vallejo Airbrush Thinner
Vallejo Model Color - Black
Vallejo Model Color - White
Vallejo Model Color - Turquoise
Vallejo Model Air - Sandy Brown
Vallejo Model Air - Sand(Ivory)
Vallejo Matt Medium
Vallejo Matt Varnish
Vallejo Gloss Varnish
Vallejo Model Color - Burnt Umber
Marie's Oil Colour - Raw Umber
Marie's Oil Colour - Titanium White
Marie's Oil Colour - Cerulean Blue
Marie's Oil Colour- Phthalocyanine Blue

Riverwatch Riders:
Vallejo White Primer
Vallejo Airbrush Thinner
Vallejo Matt Medium
Vallejo Matt Varnish
Vallejo Gloss Varnish
Vallejo Model Color - White
Vallejo Model Color - Black
Vallejo Game Color - BoneWhite
Vallejo Model Color - Flat Flesh
Vallejo Model Color - Light Brown
Vallejo Model Air - Sandy Brown
Vallejo Model Color - Dark Red
Vallejo Game Color - Cobra Leather
Vallejo Game Color - Sunblast Yellow
Vallejo Model Color - Turquoise
Vallejo Model Air - German Grey
Vallejo Model Color - Burnt Umber
Vallejo Model Color - Gold
Vallejo Model Air - Aluminium

So that should be:
Inquisitor's Journal
Parts List
Double the Fun
Season 5'er

Galaspar
Aug 20, 2006
Will reign this way again
Oath Complete

Complete with failed assassin:

I followed the Box Art scheme (with slight variations due to my modelling choices), as per this pic from GW's site

Found here: http://www.games-workshop.com/en-GB/Militarum-Auxilla-Nork-Deddog

Also took the three WIP photos as I went along:

So I'm going for:
Inquisitor's Journal
Box Art
Double the Fun
Season 5iver

Galaspar fucked around with this message at 23:04 on May 31, 2014

The Supreme Court
Feb 25, 2010

Pirate World: Nearly done!
oath failed

I have a fever and am stuck in bed. Gutted: I've only got the dreadfleet tokens yet to finish.

Iris of Ether
Sep 29, 2005

Valkyrie is not amused

enri posted:

So I guess that's this months Journal and also Season 5iver? I'll save some of the achievements for later months... and er... doesn't that mean that everyone who bothers with the journal this month is also eligible for Double the fun? :)

Nah, we ruled earlier in the month that Season 5iver doesn't count towards fulfilling Double the Fun, or absolutely everyone (as opposed to like 75% of you) would get it. :)

I'm fine with including this as Box Art (though it's more of a 'Breaking the 4th Wall'), but I want to hear feedback from the other thread runners before giving you the points.

ForkBanger posted:

The Beckoners and Mr. Tannen are a Themed Group, employees of Jakob Lynch's Honeypot Casino (and also horrible monsters hidden in human guises).

Unless the rules have changed for this year, I think you need a set of 5 figures at 28mm scale to qualify for themed group.

Iris of Ether
Sep 29, 2005

Valkyrie is not amused

Under 15 posted:

I can claim the journal because I took the WIP photos for the first set, right?

I think I gave you Journal credit, but in the future, please relink the pictures in the final post, or it becomes a crapshoot as to whether I notice them again. :)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pierzak
Oct 30, 2010
Last day and a shitload of work. Welp, time to prime :haw:

Are you still accepting speedpainting declaration photos? :v: (the oath itself was declared earlier)

• Locked thread