Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
T-Bone
Sep 14, 2004

jakes did this?

Laderhan posted:

It makes him look so autistic.

I don't make lisp jokes, not this poster

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!
I don't think Martinez has taken a shot tonight that wasn't blocked.

Aureus
Nov 20, 2006

Hawks "Our gameplan is.. lucky bounces. Lucky bounces loving everywhere"

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

another game at nationwide arena. everybody keeps asking me if they can fuck the cannon. buddy, they don't even let me fuck it

Everybody quit playing, and Kruger tried a wraparound.

Kevlar v2.0
Dec 25, 2003

=^•⩊•^=

Aureus posted:

Hawks "Our gameplan is.. lucky bounces. Lucky bounces loving everywhere"

Because the Kings haven't gotten any lucky bounces tonight.

onemillionzombies
Apr 27, 2014

Seabrook always looks like a walrus sunning himself after he goes down to block a shot.

ThinkTank
Oct 23, 2007

Didn't expect 7 goals through two periods in this game, but I'm not complaining.

Officiating has been rough though.

Ummagumma
Jul 19, 2004
skydog

mastershakeman posted:

Sharp waited long enough for a good playoff game

He played pretty well in game 6 too.

Coincidentally that was when he stopped playing with Michal Handzus!

Also that was the Hawks best period this series, dominated the possession. I hope they can keep it up for another period but I imagine the Kings are going to have a pretty crazy surge.

Aureus
Nov 20, 2006

Kevlar v2.0 posted:

What is this reason and rationality thing you are trying to do? Out with you Sir!

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

Kevlar v2.0 posted:

The Kings had all the lucky bounces in games 2, 3, and 4.

drizzle
Jul 7, 2004

The world is a fine place and worth the fighting for and I hate very much to leave it.
Like 90% of goals are from capitalizing on lucky bounces guys

Aye Doc
Jul 19, 2007

i have seen so many commercials for laxatives and probiotics and poop yogurt tonight. what the hell kind of audience data is nbcsports using to determine that CONSTIPATION needs to be screamed at me in every intermission

onemillionzombies
Apr 27, 2014

Luck is the residue of Sharp having a 2.5% shooting percentage.

Kevlar v2.0
Dec 25, 2003

=^•⩊•^=

Aye Doc posted:

i have seen so many commercials for laxatives and probiotics and poop yogurt tonight. what the hell kind of audience data is nbcsports using to determine that CONSTIPATION needs to be screamed at me in every intermission

Lots of people in Chicago had deep dish delivered for tonight's game.

Nail Rat
Dec 29, 2000

You maniacs! You blew it up! God damn you! God damn you all to hell!!

drizzle posted:

Wrap it up hockey's done guys

Mr. Kite
Aug 28, 2004

SHUT UP AND PLAY HOCKEY
Physics and the refs are on the Hawks side tonight. Oh well. LA had their chances to close it out.

ThinkTank
Oct 23, 2007

I would love to hear Adam Oates come up with a single piece of analysis that wasn't just parroting an empty saying. "they came out flat." "they upped their game in the second."

Wanna tell me one thing they did that I could not have found out by looking at the box score?

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

Aye Doc posted:

I'll take it since I don't remember a random red couch for a while.

Kevlar v2.0
Dec 25, 2003

=^•⩊•^=

Mr. Kite posted:

Physics and the refs are on the Hawks side tonight. Oh well. LA had their chances to close it out.

I can think of 3 blatant penalties that the Kings committed tonight that weren't called. Stoll ripping Crawford's helmet off, Stoll elbowing Shaw, and a Too Many Men.

Aureus
Nov 20, 2006

Aye Doc posted:

This is why you watch it on NBC Live Extra. Not showing the game or commentary? Blissful silence.

sweet thursday
Sep 16, 2012

PJ Stock is terrible

onemillionzombies
Apr 27, 2014

Mr. Kite posted:

Crawford couldn't stop a beer league 3rd liner right now, I wouldn't be in despair just yet.

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

drizzle posted:

Unless you are Wayne Gretzky.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

Kevlar v2.0 posted:

Stoll elbowing Shaw

He definitely didn't elbow him, not that it might not have been a penalty of some sort. I don't know if it was just a forearm shiver that caught him the right way or he got him with the butt end of his stick or something, it was a weird looking play.

esto es malo
Aug 3, 2006

Don't want to end up a cartoon

In a cartoon graveyard

onemillionzombies posted:

Crawford couldn't stop a beer league 3rd liner right now, I wouldn't be in despair just yet.

To be fair, Quick sucked some venom out of snakebit patrick sharp and went back for seconds.

Kevlar v2.0
Dec 25, 2003

=^•⩊•^=

I want Sharpie to get another just so I can call him Hatrick Sharp.

Zamboni Jesus
Jul 3, 2007

We don't really care about what that bug-eyed fat walrus has to say

ThinkTank posted:

I would love to hear Adam Oates come up with a single piece of analysis that wasn't just parroting an empty saying. "they came out flat." "they upped their game in the second."

Wanna tell me one thing they did that I could not have found out by looking at the box score?

the more he talks the more clear it is why he was a bad coach

Kevlar v2.0
Dec 25, 2003

=^•⩊•^=

"He really held up trying to protect the player he checked"

*drives face into boards*

onemillionzombies
Apr 27, 2014

The greatest hat trick in Hawks history is Toews scoring 3 on hard hat giveaway night.

Kale
May 14, 2010

drizzle posted:

Yeah but it really does seem to happen with the Kings more. They just seem to get a lot of lucky bounces either with quick and his magic puck or just garbage goals going their way.

Also there's no way LA is out of it yet. That team never ever gives up. I wouldn't even be surprised if they managed to take the lead before the 3rd is half over.

Kale fucked around with this message at 03:02 on Jun 2, 2014

Zamboni Jesus
Jul 3, 2007

We don't really care about what that bug-eyed fat walrus has to say
lol bollig didn't play a shift in the second and versteeg only one

Jet Jaguar
Feb 12, 2006

Don't touch my bags if you please, Mr Customs Man.

I would pay extra for a version of Center Ice that just showed the Zamboni clearing the ice instead of intermission "insight."

Kevlar v2.0
Dec 25, 2003

=^•⩊•^=

onemillionzombies posted:

The greatest hat trick in Hawks history is Toews scoring 3 on hard hat giveaway night.
IIRC that was his first career hat trick.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aOWk2AxgOq0

DrunkPanda
Apr 24, 2005
I am trolling you, CineD

28 Days Later is actually a great movie

fuck starcraft

That blonde girl in the genesis commercial was ridiculously hot

onemillionzombies
Apr 27, 2014

@PumperNicholl
Coming into tonight, Justin Williams averaged 2 points per game in Game 7s.

Related: Justin Williams only has 1 point so far in this game.

Aurora
Jan 7, 2008

Jet Jaguar posted:

I would pay extra for a version of Center Ice that just showed the Zamboni clearing the ice instead of intermission "insight."

i wanna see like a 10 hour video with ambient noise while zambonis clear the ice after every period

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

another game at nationwide arena. everybody keeps asking me if they can fuck the cannon. buddy, they don't even let me fuck it

Kevlar v2.0 posted:

IIRC that was his first career hat trick.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aOWk2AxgOq0

Look at 'em go! :lol:

Jet Jaguar
Feb 12, 2006

Don't touch my bags if you please, Mr Customs Man.

DON'T YOU DARE SAY NOTHING ABOUT THE BEEF JERKY

(Please tell me you all saw Richard Sherman talking to the little voice in his stomach just now.)

HOW COULD YOU
Jun 1, 2006

The man in black fled across Middle Tennessee, and Pierre followed.
Finally off the bus, go kings!

Lesser of two evils woop woop

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

drizzle
Jul 7, 2004

The world is a fine place and worth the fighting for and I hate very much to leave it.
I just want to see the shoot the puck

• Locked thread