Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
PathAsc
Nov 15, 2011

Hail SS-18 Satan may he cleanse us with nuclear fire

PISS TAPE IS REAL

Some people I knew a long time ago had a "punk" band that was really just a terrible bassist, saxophone, some other horn, and guitar players with whatever random chick they were sleeping with at that point singing. They all wore fedoras and steampunk goggles. They were totally against the man, so they played at all the football games. gently caress 2000-2004, hth.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Monday_
Feb 18, 2006

Worked-up silent dork without sex ability seeks oblivion and demise.
The Great Twist

PathAsc posted:

Some people I knew a long time ago had a "punk" band that was really just a terrible bassist, saxophone, some other horn, and guitar players with whatever random chick they were sleeping with at that point singing. They all wore fedoras and steampunk goggles. They were totally against the man, so they played at all the football games. gently caress 2000-2004, hth.

You mean a ska band?

EbolaIvory
Jul 6, 2007

NOM NOM NOM

Dylstew posted:

This is my favourite ska punk album of all time.
Seriously, I loving love it. Let that Crack Rock Steady beat drum on

But uuhm, about NOFX. I think they're okay, but I defintiely prefer them over Lagwagon and Pennywise.
But if we're talking about these type of pop punk bands, Bad Religion is better than all of them. That or The Vandals.
And hey, I like propaghandhi. Especially how to clean everything and today's empires tommorow's ashes.
But my favourite song is A Speculative Fiction, even though it's on the only Propagandhi album I don't really like.

Leftover Crack is pretty rad too.

Monday_
Feb 18, 2006

Worked-up silent dork without sex ability seeks oblivion and demise.
The Great Twist
Yeah if only Stza wasn't the worst person on the planet.

EbolaIvory
Jul 6, 2007

NOM NOM NOM

MondayHotDog posted:

Yeah if only Stza wasn't the worst person on the planet.

*shrug*

Not my problem.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tersmvh6fFI

*Dance*

aeternum
Sep 3, 2003

MOOBS! posted:

Pennywise is the only good punk bro

the decline > pennywise's entire discography

get that OUT of my face
Feb 10, 2007

OP is wrong

ur in my world now
Jun 5, 2006

Same as it ever was
Same as it ever was
Same as it ever was
Same as it ever was

Smellrose
i played the decline on audiosurf once

PathAsc
Nov 15, 2011

Hail SS-18 Satan may he cleanse us with nuclear fire

PISS TAPE IS REAL

MondayHotDog posted:

You mean a ska band?

I do, but wanted to keep the story in line with how they described their musical travesty.

Captain Matchbox
Sep 22, 2008

BOP THE STOATS
I always get drunk as gently caress when I play the Pennywise drinking game and drink everytime the guy says society

Hobohemian
Sep 30, 2005

by XyloJW

Captain Matchbox posted:

I always get drunk as gently caress when I play the Pennywise drinking game and drink everytime the guy says society

Speaking of drinking games, you guys ever hear of a Japanese punk band called Guitar Wolf? Well they made a a zombie movie in 99' called Wild Zero that comes with a drinking game built in. It's pretty baller and funny as hell. Definitely a good time with a few friends. Also, the movie opens with Bikini Kill on the soundtrack, and only gets better.

Captain Matchbox
Sep 22, 2008

BOP THE STOATS

Hobohemian posted:

Speaking of drinking games, you guys ever hear of a Japanese punk band called Guitar Wolf? Well they made a a zombie movie in 99' called Wild Zero that comes with a drinking game built in. It's pretty baller and funny as hell. Definitely a good time with a few friends. Also, the movie opens with Bikini Kill on the soundtrack, and only gets better.

If I remember correctly the main girl has a dick, and Guitar Wolf just show up at random times drinking beer and yelling a lot

Hobohemian
Sep 30, 2005

by XyloJW

Captain Matchbox posted:

If I remember correctly the main girl has a dick, and Guitar Wolf just show up at random times drinking beer and yelling a lot

I honestly don't remember much. I remember guitar wolf cutting a ufo in half with his guitar sword.Also, the hair combing. And drinking a shitton. Man, we were loving wasted after that movie.

Hobohemian fucked around with this message at 06:14 on Jun 2, 2014

get that OUT of my face
Feb 10, 2007

Captain Matchbox posted:

is there a Bad Religion drinking game where you take a shot every time Greg Graffin says a word you don't know the meaning of

Hobohemian
Sep 30, 2005

by XyloJW

Y-Hat posted:

is there a Bad Religion drinking game where you take a shot every time Greg Graffin says a word you don't know the meaning of

The most sober drinking game on the planet. Sounds like a ton of fun.

Captain Matchbox
Sep 22, 2008

BOP THE STOATS

Y-Hat posted:

Does it include Greg's nonsense filler words too, because puking is on the cards

Eptar
Jan 14, 2003
Oh no, not again.
guttermouth best skate punk band https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y-P7QWuw45M (although most of their later albums were pretty poo poo).

EbolaIvory
Jul 6, 2007

NOM NOM NOM

Eptar posted:

guttermouth best skate punk band https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y-P7QWuw45M (although most of their later albums were pretty poo poo).

You link guttermouth but dont link lipstick?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9SQ85HVegOE

So Novice.

Hobohemian
Sep 30, 2005

by XyloJW

EbolaIvory posted:

You link guttermouth but dont link lipstick?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9SQ85HVegOE

So Novice.

I leaned how to skank from guttermoth's girlfriend video. Let the avalanche come. I've been waiting for this moment.

get that OUT of my face
Feb 10, 2007

Captain Matchbox posted:

Does it include Greg's nonsense filler words too, because puking is on the cards
yeah sure why not

Steak
Dec 9, 2005

Pillbug
nofx wrote a song about a local punk guy which is cool but fat mike is a dick so i'm conflicted.

Million Ghosts
Aug 11, 2011

spooooooky
SERIOUS lack of regard for NOFXs Dont Call Me White ITT especially wrt its catchiness and relevance to tumblr 'punk' ''culture''

Das Butterbrot
Dec 2, 2005
Lecker.
rancid better than nofx hth

Gaz2k21
Sep 1, 2006

MEGALA---WHO??!!??
Pennywise did a new song.....

http://youtu.be/ET9EjWiXQpM

Uranium 235
Oct 12, 2004

A Strange Aeon posted:

Drugs are good and if you do them people think that you're cool
came here to post this

Hobohemian
Sep 30, 2005

by XyloJW

Das Butterbrot posted:

There are a whole lot of true facts that people in this thread are ignoring. My name is Tim, I'm a lesser known poster.

Catgirl Al Capone
Dec 15, 2007

Counterculture anthropologists still baffled by how the cat got so fat

Kleen_TheRacistDog
Feb 17, 2014

Can't bust the Krust fuckman
www.skullmund.com

Das Butterbrot posted:

the Rancid 2000 s/t album still loving slays

----------------
This thread brought to you by a tremendous dickhead!

ur in my world now
Jun 5, 2006

Same as it ever was
Same as it ever was
Same as it ever was
Same as it ever was

Smellrose
punk's not dead

frogge
Apr 7, 2006

I didn't realize they were still making records... I mean, good on them, but isn't it time to pass the torch to a new generation?

get that OUT of my face
Feb 10, 2007

Kleen_TheRowdyDog posted:

you're a rattlesnake
and you're full of poo poo

Gaz2k21
Sep 1, 2006

MEGALA---WHO??!!??

Kleen_TheRowdyDog posted:

It's the only Rancid album I listen to from start to finish.

Lars Fredriksen and the bastard's we're the poo poo

Boner Medicine
Feb 1, 2014
and out come the wolves is poppier than anything green day has ever done

Hobohemian
Sep 30, 2005

by XyloJW

bobthedinosaur posted:

I didn't realize they were still making records... I mean, good on them, but isn't it time to pass the torch to a new generation?

There's nobody to pass to. The Arctic Monkeys and The Cribs maybe. All The bands I know are full of old people now.

Dandywalken
Feb 11, 2014

Lori Meyers was a good song imo

Captain Matchbox
Sep 22, 2008

BOP THE STOATS
Cloud Nothings and the Bronx are probably the only decent new school poo poo heard on semi-mainstream radio

Hobohemian
Sep 30, 2005

by XyloJW

Captain Matchbox posted:

Cloud Nothings and the Bronx are probably the only decent new school poo poo heard on semi-mainstream radio

What type are they. I'll check them out if it's not that pop punk poo poo with the "melody".

poopzilla
Nov 23, 2004

Boner Medicine posted:

and out come the wolves is poppier than anything green day has ever done

it is, but its still a good rear end album.

op ivy was the best rancid, like woah

Captain Matchbox
Sep 22, 2008

BOP THE STOATS

Hobohemian posted:

What type are they. I'll check them out if it's not that pop punk poo poo with the "melody".

The Bronx are pretty rocking, so good live, closest I've heard to punk/hardcore getting on the radio here. Lots of yelling on their rad 1st album. 4th album the guy learned how to sing and it's really good. 3rd album wasn't that great. Never listened to the mariachi stuff.

Cloud Nothings, I guess it's up to if you like the singers voice or not. Snotty pop-rock sounding band with some catchy riffs and some yelling. Their latest 2 albums are good.

Rancid's best album was Let's Go.

NOFX's best song is their cover of radio haha

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fuck Your Website
Nov 29, 2003
FUCK YOU, AND FUCK YOUR WEBSITE
NOFX?

No thx

• Locked thread