Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Tequila
Apr 16, 2002
DRIVE BY RANDOM TITLING! YOU MAY BE NEXT!
I'm using the +5 "welcome back" gear set that seems incredibly overpowered for my level to plow through content before it disappears in a month. At the risk of being forced to run around in horribly out dated gear, how hard is the gear progression as you're leveling up past the late teens?

Edit: in as JohnShaft

Tequila fucked around with this message at 03:46 on May 6, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

OnceIWasAnOstrich
Jul 22, 2006

Trivially easy as long as you aren't trying to get every single set. Before the XP revamp I was able to upgrade my armor regularly up to level 60, and managed to complete a decent 60 set by about level 61. You'll get a few sets for free anyway. Level 70 is when it becomes a completely ridiculous grindfest which I am thankfully avoiding for now because Evie doesn't really have an amazing reason to upgrade past Wonderland even at level 80. Although it gets so bad at 70 + obtaining poo poo like the 10 Enthusiastic scrolls I'll need to finish my armor set and 70/80 armor sets I've pretty much given up all hope of getting substantially better equipment in this game until they release a whole new tier and this stuff becomes trivial if that ever happens.

ArchWizard
Mar 27, 2009

There's the Roy I know and love.

Someone has figured out how to play Vindictus as Sexy Thor:

Also, Poe the rabbit is giving away more stuff. Log in today, log in on the weekend, get things that are good.

ArchWizard
Mar 27, 2009

The ultimate objective event is almost over, but another event is coming:

quote:

Vindictus has hosted hot time events in the past, but rarely have these attendance events lasted for a whole month. For five weeks, log in and play Vindictus during set times and get rewarded. If you're participating in the Monster Bingo Event, then the Golden Time Stamp Event is the perfect complement—you'll receive Pink Bingo Tickets, which can be traded in for Bingo Numbers and used in the Monster Bingo minigame.

Every week of the event features a different theme and different prizes for you to claim. This week we honor our expert crafters, with bonus Expertise points awarded during crafting. Read on for the full details:

Expertise Event
Dates Tuesday, May 20 – Sunday, May 25, 5:00 – 7:00 PM PDT
Details Receive bonus Expertise points when crafting an item with the Expertise skill.
Note Bonus does not apply to dismantling.
You can only get up to 2 bonus points at a time.
Item Giveaway
Dates Saturday, May 24 – Sunday, May 25, 7:00 PM PDT
Details Log in during the event period to receive a box containing the following rewards:

Item Giveaway for Saturday, May 24

Unbind Potions (x5) A mysterious potion that is said to have been gifted only to great soldiers. Has the power to unbind bound objects.
Title Fortune Cookie This little fortune cookie contains 1 out-of-this-world special title!
Monster Bingo Pink Ticket A pink ticket used in the Monster Bingo Event coming soon.
Golden Time Stamp Proof that you checked in during the Attendance Event. Every weekend, the Strange Traveler prepares something extra for dedicated mercenaries. (The Event Stamp Shop closes on 7/16)

Item giveaway for Sunday, May 25

Fusion Runes (x2) This rune allows you to fuse the stats of one item with the appearance of another. All wearable equipment (except weapons and shields) can be fused, but must be of the same equipment type.
Monster Bingo Pink Ticket A pink ticket used in the Monster Bingo Event.
Golden Time Stamp A sign that you checked in during the Attendance Event. Every weekend, the Strange Traveler prepares something extra for dedicated mercenaries. (The Event Stamp Shop closes on 7/16)

NOTE: Stamps can be traded with the Strange Traveler for even more rewards.

The excitement doesn't end there, mercenaries. Log in every week for the next five weeks to earn even more prizes. They'll only get more and more awesome...
Fusion runes! I like fusion runes! I have no moral objection to those!

Bakalakadaka
Sep 18, 2004

RIP jump (the only thing I ever used it for was flying with Vella).

vvv supposedly they've changed all the bosses where jumping was intended for dodging poo poo so you can dodge them without jumping. I won't notice because Vella could storm step all of them anyway :v:.

Bakalakadaka fucked around with this message at 19:42 on May 22, 2014

OnceIWasAnOstrich
Jul 22, 2006

Does this mean there aren't shockwaves, or that you have to rely on iframes to dodge them?

ArchWizard
Mar 27, 2009

quote:

- Removed the 8-29 and 30-49 level difficulties in Season 2 dungeons.

Nooooooooooo

EDIT: The OP is rapidly becoming obsolete and there are more major updates on the horizon. Do we need a new thread when S2E4/Lynn comes out, or should I try to keep the current OP updated? Or perhaps I should ask if someone else wants to make a new thread?

ArchWizard fucked around with this message at 22:42 on May 22, 2014

Kuai
May 25, 2004
I would just wait till Lynn/EP4 comes out because that will probably be the biggest influx of new people the game will get in a while.

ArchWizard
Mar 27, 2009

Here's the latest from Necks On:

- There's a sale on stuff in the item shop (boring, who cares). There are also two new outfits: Flamenco dancer (women) and Matator (dudes). They look pretty decent, actually.

- Monster Bingo. It's the bingo event yet again, but the rewards are new.

quote:

Wednesday, May 21 – Sunday, June 8
Details
Certain monsters will drop randomized Bingo numbers every day during the event period.
Monsters will be randomized, meaning different monsters will carry numbers each day.
Monsters carry double the amount of numbers on weekends.
Collect Bingo numbers and complete the Bingo board to receive rewards based on the number of rows completed:
1 Row - Consumable (corresponds to each row on board)
3 Rows - AP 1000 Capsule
5 Rows- Appearance Alteration Coupon
8 Rows- Shared Storage (60 Days)
All Rows- Shining Halo Ring
Pink Tickets acquired during a special Golden Time event can be traded into the Strange Traveler for Bingo numbers on a two for one basis.

Important Notes
Only 25 Bingo numbers will be made available per player.
1 number will drop on Wednesday, May 21 followed by 2 on May 22, 3 on May 23, etc., for a total of 25.
The Shared Storage is a new item that allows all characters on a single account to trade items.

- May 2014 Punch Nuts:

quote:

Hero Mode: The Ultimate Challenge
Several Battle Quests can now be played on Hero Mode, which is only available to Level 70 mercenaries. Hero Mode increases the strength and attack damage of monsters and bosses, meaning you will need to be a truly skilled warrior to survive. If you make it to the end, you will be rewarded for your struggles with greater rewards than a normal Battle Quest.

Hero Mode is available on the following Battle Quests: The Giant, The Dark, Dank Sewers, The Central Garden, Ahglan the Golem, Avatar of Destruction and The Fomorian Leader.

So far, there are no reports of these Hero Mode raids dropping anything special. Then again, they take a while to beat even with a team of geared level 80s, so the sample size is small.

quote:

In celebration of Karok’s Revamp, we have a big contest happening right now! “Clash of the Karoks” is all about showing us your most epic clashing moments. Enter in the contest for a chance at winning cool Vindictus swag and in game prizes.

Click here for more information.

Karok Obama, show us the Clash certificate!

quote:

Character Revamp: Karok

With evil looming on the horizon, Karok has been busy training and improving his skills. His Pillar has been overhauled, with increased attack range and speed. Damage and knockdown damage from Pillar Toss has also been increased. Karok's War Slam ability is now far more powerful, and can be linked after all other types of smash attacks. You can also link the Crushing Sweep skill after activating War Slam.

Karok can also upgrade several skills to Rank 6, including Howl, Earthquake, Whirlwind, Absorb Shock, Crushing Sweep, Unarmed Combat and Pillar Toss.

Battle Pillar Karok

Absorb Shock
- Can now be trained up to Rank 6.
- Perfect Absorb Shock can now be triggered during the first part of smash attacks performed with the Battle Pillar.
- Recovery speed has been increased.
- The allowed Absorb Shock trigger time from Dropkick has increased.

War Slam
- Can now be linked after all smash attacks.
- You can now change directions when using War Slam.
- Stamina cost will now be based on the skill’s rank.
- At Rank 6, Active: Crushing Sweep can now be linked after War Slam.
- A 5 stage status will be applied after linking War Slam and Active: Crushing Sweep. The higher the stage, the higher the bonus damage and the more stamina recovered when Crushing Sweep is performed.

Pillar Toss
- Damage and knock down damage have been increased.
- Smash Mastery will now affect Pillar Toss.
- Time taken for pillar to return has been reduced.
- You can pick up the pillar while dodging with the grab button (only works while near pillar).
- Strength Recovery added after Pillar Toss.
- Fatigued Arms debuff removed after Pillar Toss. Pillar can be tossed freely.

Active: Howl
- Will now be applied to party at Rank 9 and above.

Active: Earthquake
- Slow effect has been removed.
- Will now stun monsters.

Active: Whirlwind

Active: Crushing Sweep

New Skill: Pillar Counter
- Can be learned after achieving Rank A in Absorb Shock. - Inflicts additional damage when absorb shock triggers during a Smash attack. - More damage and knockdown at higher ranks.

New Skill: Jumbo Pounce
- Perform an extra attack after performing a smash hit.
- More damage and knockdown at higher ranks.

Additional Changes
- Basic Clash damage has increased.
- Clash will now deal additional damage based on how long it’s maintained.
- Normal and smash attack range have been increased.
- Basic kick attack, speed and decision method will be updated.
- Karok's Power Grab prioritized over Evil Core.
Karok: Better than ever!?!?!

quote:

System Improvements/Changes

- Jumping has been removed.
- Shared inventory has been added so that certain equipment and items, as well as cash items, can now be shared amongst characters within the same account.
- Added a sound effect for Hurk picking up objects.
- Made minor changes to how the title Spirited Fighter, Iron-Willed Fighter, Resourceful Fighter, and Indomitable Fighter were obtained.
- Added an error message that appears when you're over the max gold limit for trading in the Marketplace.
- Made a change when there is a grabable opponent and an Evil Core is near your character, character will prioritize grabbing the opponent over the Evil Core.
- Added the Avatar Shop "Louie the Cat", stationed between the Rocheste Dock Entrance/Marketplace Message Board.
- Made changes to update the Tour of Duty item.
- Made changes to the Story "Bleeding Plant". The Item Wild Berry should be easier to obtain.
- Made change to the Bloody Shade plant, now adds M. ATT as well.
- Added a message showing that you cannot place Avatar Items in the Power Infusion UI.
- Made a change so that Fiona will need to Perfect Guard against Smash attacks in PvP in order to guard successfully. (Heavy Stander is unchanged)
- Removed the 8-29 and 30-49 level difficulties in Season 2 dungeons.
Shared inventory would be pretty great so I can get those enhance runes off of my Fiona. Removing jumping is bullshit because jump-smashes were useful for getting breaks. Removing 8-29 and 30-49 for S2 dungeons is mega-bullshit because now S2 is no longer a side-story thing lowbies can do when S1 bores them.

quote:

Bug Fixes

- The awkward War Slam attack decision has been fixed.
- Bug where skill rank wasn’t applied to Active: Whirlwind has been fixed.
- Fixed a bug where Active: Howl was shown in Quick Slot when Cestus was equipped.
- Fixed a bug where Weaving decision disappeared from 1 hit smash attacks performed with the Cestus.
- Fixed a bug where Pillar Karok’s attack motion also shook other players’ screens.
- Now, attack motions will be prioritized when pressing certain keys during combat.
- Fixed a bug where equipment appearance was awkward after changing Karok’s appearance with the Appearance Alteration Coupon.
- Fixed a bug where some attacks couldn’t be avoided with the Weaving or Absorb Shock skills.
- Made improvements to mitigate the likelihood of Ghost boats being created.
- Fixed a bug where guild reward mail could not be claimed.
- Fixed a bug where pet disappears when moving form town to the dock.
- Fixed bug where items could not be previewed using DirectX 8.0.
- Fixed bug where the Destoryed Friendship Sword couldn't be collected for the relevant Story.
- Made adjustments to the following titles so that they are obtained after fullfilling the proper criteria: Spider Destoryer, Vengeful, Jaded by the Tyrant, Decisively Easy, Kobold COmmander Slayer, Firefighter, and Going Mad.
- Fixed a bug where Fullness for a pet was reset when adding Pet Auto Feed, then logging in with another character.
- Fixed a bug where pets didn't summon properly.
- Fixed a bug where you could get locked up in certain areas in Ship Graveryard after defeating certain bosses.
- Fixed a bug where you couldn't walk to Rocheste if you were below level 20.
- Fixed a bug with the Bonus Mission "Defeat 4 Goblin Petty Officers" in the "Secret" Battle Quest.
- Fixed a bug where the /escape command cannot used when Karok equips a Cestus.
- Fixed a bug where if you leave an area in Season 2 dungeon without defeating all the enemies, the boss monster will not spawn if you go back there.
- Fixed a bug where the Oblivion Echant couldn't be used on certain Ivory weapons.
I don't think any of these bugs has ever affected me, but good job?

- Things I have heard in-game: Bark raid is actually for-reals broken and cannot be beaten somehow. Good thing I made my Skeleton Chainblades right before this happened, or I might have paid even more for barrel frags.

ArchWizard fucked around with this message at 00:19 on May 23, 2014

Neo Mara
Apr 20, 2005

ArchWizard posted:

- Things I have heard in-game: Bark raid is actually for-reals broken and cannot be beaten somehow. Good thing I made my Skeleton Chainblades right before this happened, or I might have paid even more for barrel frags.

+best

ArchWizard
Mar 27, 2009

Right now it's at +7, which is as high as I was willing to take it without enhancement runes. I also put a Maelstrom ES on it since I figured it was a good enchant and worth the risk and it's not as if I paid for it because it came from an Ultimate Objective pouch. I guess my next move is to buy NX from someone in-game so I can rune it up.

Also, I can confirm that one Rocheste hero mode raid drops new stuff: Titan drops three-star equipment. Level 54 equipment :catstare:

Friday edit: I got a Thor Ring and a Thor Greatsword from a Thor Hero run :catstare: :catstare:

ArchWizard fucked around with this message at 04:51 on May 24, 2014

ArchWizard
Mar 27, 2009

First weekend giveaway. I got the expected stamps and unbind potions. This is the random title I got:

Not enough :catstare: in the world for this.

BI NOW GAY LATER
Jan 17, 2008

So people stop asking, the "Bi" in my username is a reference to my love for the two greatest collegiate sports programs in the world, the Virginia Tech Hokies and the Marshall Thundering Herd.

ArchWizard posted:

First weekend giveaway. I got the expected stamps and unbind potions. This is the random title I got:

Not enough :catstare: in the world for this.

I got In Need of Carry :wow: Nexon knows me to well.

ArchWizard
Mar 27, 2009

Golden Time Week 2 is here.

quote:

Vindictus has hosted hot time events in the past, but rarely have these attendance events lasted for a whole month. For five weeks, log in and play Vindictus during set times and get rewarded. If you're participating in the Monster Bingo Event, then the Golden Time Stamp Event is the perfect complement—you'll receive Pink Bingo Tickets, which can be traded in for Bingo Numbers and used in the Monster Bingo minigame.

Today marks the start of the second week in Vindictus' Golden Time Stamp Event. Last week we rewarded our expert crafters, this week we're rewarding our most hardcore raiders with an additional two runs on all raids.

The full rundown below:
Raid +2 Event
Dates Monday, May 26 – Sunday, June 1, 5:00 – 7:00 PM PDT
Details Get an additional two runs on all raids.

Repair Discount Event
Dates Monday, May 26 – Sunday, June 1, all day
Details Receive a 50% discount when repairing equipment.
Item Giveaway
Dates Saturday, May 31 and Sunday, June 1, 7:00 PM PDT. Log in 10 to 15 minutes early on each day, because the items will be distributed exactly at 7:00 PM PDT
Details Log in during the event period to receive a box containing the following rewards:

Item Giveaway for Saturday, May 31

Enhancement Runes (x2) This rune will protect your items from failure penalties that occur during enhancement.

Golden Time Stamp Proof that you checked in during the Attendance Event. Every weekend, the Strange Traveler prepares something extra for dedicated mercenaries. (The Event Stamp Shop closes on 7/16)

Item giveaway for Sunday, June 1

Max +3 Enhancement Coupon This coupon sets a piece of equipment to +3 enhancement. This coupon won't work on items that can't be enhanced. This coupon will not get your item past the current limit of 10.

Golden Time Stamp A sign that you checked in during the Attendance Event. Every weekend, the Strange Traveler prepares something extra for dedicated mercenaries. (The Event Stamp Shop closes on 7/16)
We're not even halfway through, Mercenaries. Keep playing Vindictus. Keep getting rewarded.

I'm looking forward to those free runes hell yeah.

ArchWizard
Mar 27, 2009

Since the patch, I noticed that drops from Perilous Ruins and Hoarfrost Hollow now NPC for 0 gold. I also noticed that equipment drops that NPC for 0 gold cannot be dismantled. Today, while checking the Vindictus forums for today's bingo missions, I found out that this is part of an attempt to frustrate gold-farming bots. In addition to making low-level drops worthless, low-level missions give absolutely no money as a reward. A side effect is that it's now borderline impossible for completely new players to get money since the only way to get money is to put drops on the market and whoops it's not as if those drops are worth anything to the people who have money.

Nexon: Kind of Dumb.

ArchWizard fucked around with this message at 02:55 on May 30, 2014

ArchWizard
Mar 27, 2009

The Vindictus Sun Also Rises:

quote:

As you may have noticed, Vindictus now sports a new logo, both on the Nexon Launcher and in-game. Astute players may have noticed that the logo, inspired by the same Celtic mythology Vindictus is based on, features the goddess Morrighan at its center. This attention to detail not only shows our appreciation for the game's lore, but the direction we are taking Vindictus in the future. We want the style, look and feel of Vindictus to match the brutal combat and dark world players have come to know and love.

To that end, we are improving the in-game experience in addition to the new logo, new art, and new brand image. From technical changes that will improve the combat and battle experience to a more streamlined character selection window, we're implementing changes that will improve your Vindictus experience across the board. We're also redesigning our game forums to provide you with a deeper, more immersive, and more enriching community experience. More details on forum changes will arrive later this summer.

In addition, we're rebuilding the monetization system from the ground-up. We hate the label "pay-to-win" and want to ensure that Vindictus is fun for all. This is a work in progress, and we’ll have more details for you on our new shop system in the coming months.

Though we know change can be scary, we believe that ultimately these adjustments will better reflect the true spirit of Vindictus.

Welcome to the new Vindictus. Welcome to a world beyond.

- The Vindictus Team
A total revamp of the cash shop? What could this meaaaan

OnceIWasAnOstrich
Jul 22, 2006

ArchWizard posted:

A side effect is that it's now borderline impossible for completely new players to get money since the only way to get money is to put drops on the market and whoops it's not as if those drops are worth anything to the people who have money.

The only people who need those drops are low level people, who now have even less money, so prices on early items goes...further down.

Pesterchum
Nov 8, 2009

clown car to hell choo choo
They should just ban anyone who does any low level mission, problem solved forever.

RoyalScion
May 16, 2009

ArchWizard posted:

The Vindictus Sun Also Rises:

A total revamp of the cash shop? What could this meaaaan

They will raise prices on everything then add in .00000001% chance to get cash shop items from bosses.

BI NOW GAY LATER
Jan 17, 2008

So people stop asking, the "Bi" in my username is a reference to my love for the two greatest collegiate sports programs in the world, the Virginia Tech Hokies and the Marshall Thundering Herd.

ArchWizard posted:

Since the patch, I noticed that drops from Perilous Ruins and Hoarfrost Hollow now NPC for 0 gold. I also noticed that equipment drops that NPC for 0 gold cannot be dismantled. Today, while checking the Vindictus forums for today's bingo missions, I found out that this is part of an attempt to frustrate gold-farming bots. In addition to making low-level drops worthless, low-level missions give absolutely no money as a reward. A side effect is that it's now borderline impossible for completely new players to get money since the only way to get money is to put drops on the market and whoops it's not as if those drops are worth anything to the people who have money.

Nexon: Kind of Dumb.

Yeah, but they also *hand* you everything you'd ever need till level 20 when you start getting money.

I am leveling a Hurk and didn't need gold at all. As a side note, they completely changed the Anile quest poo poo and its a little strange.

PS> Hurk is recockulous

BI NOW GAY LATER fucked around with this message at 06:04 on Jun 2, 2014

ArchWizard
Mar 27, 2009

Golden Time Week 3 is here:

quote:

By now, you're probably well aware of our month-long Golden Time event. Each week has a different theme with different corresponding prizes and events, but all are about one thing: player appreciation. This week, cheat death with a resurrection event, and keep your equipment in tip top shape with a special discount on repairs.

Read on for more:
Free Resurrection Event
Dates Monday, June 2 – Sunday, June 8, 5:00 – 7:00 PM PDT every day
Details Resurrect for free during the event period.

Repair Discount Event
Dates Monday, June 2 – Sunday, June 8, all day
Details Receive a 50% discount when repairing equipment.
Item Giveaway
Dates Saturday, June 7 – Sunday, June 8, 7:00 PM PDT. Log in 10 to 15 minutes early on each day, because the items will be distributed exactly at 7:00 PM PDT

Item Giveaway for Saturday, June 7

quote:

Enchant Scroll Gachapon
An enchant box from the Golden Time Event. Contains 1 good quality Enchant. Only available to players Lv. 30 and above.

Item giveaway for Sunday, June 8

Premium Enchant Rune Protects items during enchantment, preventing destruction of both the item and the Enchant Scroll in the event of enchant failure.

Vindictus is the game that keeps on giving. Come back next week for even better events and prizes.
Free graces is pretty much the best possible event to get in terms of fun. 2x EXP and panda fursuits don't quite compare to being able to flip out on hard bosses without worrying about dying. Not that I think Premium Enchant Runes suck; they're a really good thing to get, too.

BI NOW GAY LATER
Jan 17, 2008

ArchWizard posted:

Golden Time Week 3 is here:

Vindictus is the game that keeps on giving. Come back next week for even better events and prizes.
Free graces is pretty much the best possible event to get in terms of fun. 2x EXP and panda fursuits don't quite compare to being able to flip out on hard bosses without worrying about dying. Not that I think Premium Enchant Runes suck; they're a really good thing to get, too.
[/quote]

TIME TO GRIND FOR ENCHANTS

Bakalakadaka
Sep 18, 2004

Perfect event to try soloing new hero mode bosses :getin:.

BI NOW GAY LATER
Jan 17, 2008

Bakalakadaka posted:

Perfect event to try soloing new hero mode bosses :getin:.

I will prolly spend the entire event running hero Lost Road or Larkan for Mael scrolls if anyone wants in. Or Gate Keeper for Enthusiastic.

ArchWizard
Mar 27, 2009

Lynn is coming to Vindictus NA this month holy shiiiiiiiiit

EDIT: Nexon admitted they hosed up with the +3 event and that they worded the announcement really badly, so everybody got +2 enhance coupons. Hooray!

ArchWizard fucked around with this message at 01:37 on Jun 4, 2014

OnceIWasAnOstrich
Jul 22, 2006

ArchWizard posted:

EDIT: Nexon admitted they hosed up with the +3 event and that they worded the announcement really badly, so everybody got +2 enhance coupons. Hooray!

Unless you hadn't opened your box yet because you were saving it until you had a weapon to use the coupon on. Then you get nothing.

BI NOW GAY LATER
Jan 17, 2008

OnceIWasAnOstrich posted:

Unless you hadn't opened your box yet because you were saving it until you had a weapon to use the coupon on. Then you get nothing.

Heh

ArchWizard posted:

Lynn is coming to Vindictus NA this month holy shiiiiiiiiit

This has to be one of the quicker turn-arounds on us getting Korean content.

Kuai
May 25, 2004

BI NOW GAY LATER posted:

Heh

This has to be one of the quicker turn-arounds on us getting Korean content.

Not really. It has been 6 months for her just like almost every other update this game has had.

ArchWizard
Mar 27, 2009

Today was the last day of the bingo event. I got a blackout for once. My halo was blue :(

ArchWizard
Mar 27, 2009

Bingo is over but Golden Time is not:

quote:

Welcome back, mercenaries. The Golden Time event is still going strong, and the rewards just keep on coming. If you've been looking to change up your style, then this week's event is for you. Dye your clothes with all the colors of the rainbow, at half off. Also, monsters will drop two additional Evil Cores throughout the week, and more items are being given away this weekend as well.

Read on for more:
Evil Core Event
Dates Monday, June 9 – Sunday, June 15, 5:00 – 7:00 PM PDT every day
Details Monsters and bosses drop two additional Evil Cores.

Dye Discount Event
Dates Monday, June 9 – Sunday, June 15, all day
Details Receive a 50% discount when dyeing equipment in the Dye Shop.
NOTE: 50% discount is only applied for the in-game dye system that uses gold and does NOT apply to dye ampoules that are bought from the Supply Depot.
Item Giveaway
Dates Saturday, June 14 and Sunday, June 15, 7:00 PM PDT. Log in 10 to 15 minutes early on each day, because the items will be distributed exactly at 7:00 PM PDT

Item Giveaway for Saturday, June 14

Apocalyptic Necklace (3 hour duration)
If the equipped weapon is lower than +15, the weapon's stats will be changed to match +15. Only works when the item is equipped.

Premium Armor Fusion Rune This rune allows you to combine the stats of one item with the appearance of another. All armor (excluding shields) can be fused together but both items must be of the same equipment type. No chance of failure when used. Once an item is fused, it is bound to you. Identical items or bound items cannot be fused. Can be used on armor that is already bound.

Golden Time Stamp (x2) Proof that you checked in during the Attendance Event. Every weekend, the Strange Traveler prepares something extra for dedicated mercenaries. (The Event Stamp Shop closes on 7/16)

Item giveaway for Sunday, June 15

Golden Time AP Box
An AP Box from the Golden Time Event. Opening this box gives you an AP Capsule that provides a certain amount of AP. You can have only have a maximum of 10000 AP.

Premium Weapon Fusion Rune A magical rune that can change the appearance of weapons or shields bound to you. Limited to the weapons or shields that you can equip, it can be used to synthesize the appearance of weapons or shields of the same type. This process will always succeed, but you can't use it on identical items. Using this on unbound items will bind them to you.

Golden Time Stamp (x2) A sign that you checked in during the Attendance Event. Every weekend, the Strange Traveler prepares something extra for dedicated mercenaries. (The Event Stamp Shop closes on 7/16)

ArchWizard
Mar 27, 2009

Lynn is coming out in a week or two, so we need to work on that OP. We also need a new thread title. My opinion: don't ask for my opinion because look at what we got last time I picked a thread title :smith:

ArchWizard
Mar 27, 2009

Fishing :argh::

quote:

This weekend, we’re celebrating dads everywhere with a Father’s Day Event!

With the weather getting hotter, fishing season is in full bloom. From now until noon on Monday, June 16, cast off to the Ignacht River and reel in rewards and chests full of goodies! Need to stock up on gear? Then head over to the Supply Depot and buy special Father’s Day celebration items to help with all your fishing and adventurer needs.

Fishing Event
It seems like the Ignacht River has had some changes. More fish have been seen, and local fishermen have reported a Sunken Ignacht Treasure Box full of new goodies for the taking.

Event Dates Friday, June 13 at 7 PM PDT - Monday, June 16 at 12 PM PDT
Details Fishing in the Ignacht River, you’ll have a chance to get the Sunken Ignacht Treasure Box. This box contains an abundance of riches, and will randomly generate an item, including, but not limited to the following items:

Storage Chest Expansion Ticket (90 days)
Unlimited Inner Armor Coupon (30 days)
Unlimited Hair Coupon (30 days)
AP 300 Capsule
Enhancement Stones
Enhancement Elixirs
…and more
NOTE: This does not apply when using the Improved Salmon Egg Fishing Pole.
Special Father's Day Celebration Items
Celebrating fathers all around the world wouldn’t be complete without new items in the Supply Depot. No matter if it’s battling Formors or fishing in the Ignacht River, new items are available at a discounted price.

Fishing Rod

Period Friday, June 13 at 7 PM PDT - Monday, June 16 at 12 PM PDT
Price (NX) / Quantity 742 NX / 100
1050 NX / 200
1400 NX / 400
Location Supply Depot
*Limit one per account.

Improved Salmon Egg Fishing Poles

Price (NX) / Quantity 742 NX / 100
1050 NX / 200
1425 NX / 400
Location Supply Depot
*Limit one per account.

Armor Surprise Supplies

Price (NX) / Quantity 1485 NX / 2
13350 NX / 20
36000 NX / 60
Location Supply Depot
*Limit one per account.

Triumph Medal 2x Potion Box

Price (NX) / Quantity 8850 NX / 2
Location Supply Depot
*Limit one per account.
What better way to celebrate dads, than with items that every dad loves?
My dad's dead, so I don't know if he would want any of this stuff. Probably not; he preferred golfing.

ArchWizard
Mar 27, 2009

Golden Time Week 5:

quote:

All good things must come to an end, and so too must the Golden Time event. This week receive double EXP and AP, and be sure to dye your clothes- the 50% discount on dyeing has been extended through the week. And don't miss our final item giveaway this weekend—it's sure to be our best yet.

Double EXP/AP Event
Dates Monday, June 16 – Sunday, June 22, 5 – 7 PM PDT every day
Details Clear dungeons during the event period and receive double EXP and AP.

Dye Discount Event
Dates Monday, June 16 – Sunday, June 22, all day
Details Receive a 50% discount when dyeing equipment in the Dye Shop.
NOTE: 50% discount is only applied for the in-game dye system that uses gold and does NOT apply to dye ampoules that are bought from the Supply Depot.
Item Giveaway
Dates Saturday, June 21 and Sunday, June 22, 7:00 PM PDT. Log in 10 to 15 minutes early on each day, because the items will be distributed exactly at 7 PM PDT.

Item Giveaway for Saturday, June 21

Golden Time +10-15 Enhancement Box
A box containing a +10-15 Enhancement coupon.

Golden Time Element Stone Box A box containing a Golden Time Element Stone perfect for your character.
Evie: Golden Time Magic Element Stone
Others: Golden Time ATT Element Stone
Note: Performing Power Infusion with this item doesn't cost gold or AP. This can be used to enhance equipment via the Power Infusion Process. It works just like other Element Stones.

Golden Time Stamp (x3) Proof that you checked in during the Attendance Event. Every weekend, the Strange Traveler prepares something extra for dedicated mercenaries. (The Event Stamp Shop closes on 7/16)

Item giveaway for Sunday, June 22

Quality Booster Coupon (+1 Star)
A coupon that improves the quality of an item by 1 Star. This limited item can only be used on items 4 Stars and lower. Can't be used on an item if its stats are fixed.

Golden Time Stamp (x3) A sign that you checked in during the Attendance Event. Every weekend, the Strange Traveler prepares something extra for dedicated mercenaries. (The Event Stamp Shop closes on 7/16)
We hope you enjoyed the Golden Time event, mercenaries. Without you, the world would surely succumb to darkness, so this is our way of saying thanks for saving the day.
We're getting some really good poo poo this weekend. Maybe. Too bad I already used my free enhancement runes to get my weapon to +10.

Bakalakadaka
Sep 18, 2004

ArchWizard posted:

Golden Time Week 5:

We're getting some really good poo poo this weekend. Maybe. Too bad I already used my free enhancement runes to get my weapon to +10.

Well you obviously have to get a new weapon for your free +10 coupon (no one is getting anything higher than 10 this is Vindictus).

ArchWizard
Mar 27, 2009

The Lynn trailer page has been updated with more information. Age of Wushu must have spoiled me because I feel as though those skill names aren't China enough. "Drunk Mantis" almost makes up for it.

BI NOW GAY LATER
Jan 17, 2008

Bakalakadaka posted:

Well you obviously have to get a new weapon for your free +10 coupon (no one is getting anything higher than 10 this is Vindictus).

Hey now. Someone will get a +15 coupon. They will doubtlessly already have a +15 Skeleton Weapon of their class choice, but you know.

Bakalakadaka
Sep 18, 2004

BI NOW GAY LATER posted:

Hey now. Someone will get a +15 coupon. They will doubtlessly already have a +15 Skeleton Weapon of their class choice, but you know.

Realtalk there are 2 dudes in my guild on East that have made multiple +15s each. One has like 7 level 60 ones and the other has made 3 or 4 level 80 ones and who knows how many lower ones. They will probably both get +15 coupons because that's how it works :shepface:.

OnceIWasAnOstrich
Jul 22, 2006

The weapon buying/making frenzy is amazing. I turned what was probably 15m in mats into 70m by waiting until 10:15...

Bakalakadaka
Sep 18, 2004

Apparently a bot on East got a +14 coupon. A+ nexon.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ArchWizard
Mar 27, 2009

Bakalakadaka posted:

Apparently a bot on East got a +14 coupon. A+ nexon.
Thanks Nexobama :freep:

Golden Time is over and we have entered a dark age that will last until S2E4 comes out. I don't know when that will happen, though I do know Lynn will come out next week.

Oh! It turns out that quality boost coupon Nexon gave out today is a guaranteed coupon. That's a nice change from the lubber coupons that can actually make your equipment worse. I hope that Nexon giving out genuinely good stuff isn't a sign they're getting desperate to retain players :ohdear:

• Locked thread