Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Wanderer
Nov 5, 2006

our every move is the new tradition
I kind of hope there's more information on Left 4 Dead 3, since that leak from a few months ago that indicated they were working on it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr. Pumroy
May 20, 2001

Quest For Glory II posted:

Easy to parse: Valve has a multi-platform title that will be seen first at Sony's press conference.

It's probably Left 4 Dead 3.

DOTA 2 for consoles obviously.

Cantorsdust
Aug 10, 2008

Infinitely many points, but zero length.

Mr. Pumroy posted:

DOTA 2 for consoles obviously.

Oh god I could totally see this.

Yechezkel
Oct 5, 2004

Fun Shoe

Quest For Glory II posted:

Easy to parse: Valve has a multi-platform title that will be seen first at Sony's press conference.

It's probably Left 4 Dead 3.

It's a swerve! It'll be a PS app for Steam in-home streaming.

...I wish.

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

What I'm getting at is...
Do you feel the same way?

Cantorsdust posted:

how

stev
Jan 22, 2013

Please be excited.

Cantorsdust posted:

It's by far and away the least likely thing to ever happen in the known universe.

limaCAT
Dec 22, 2007

il pistone e male
Slippery Tilde
Steam Controller for PS4 with share button, options button and led. :allears:

Commissar Ken
Dec 9, 2006

Children STILL love me, dammit!

When you look up "Date Rapist" in the Encyclopedia Britannica, Andy McNamara's picture is there. That encyclopedia set has everything.

karoshi
Nov 4, 2008

"Can somebody mspaint eyes on the steaming packages? TIA" yeah well fuck you too buddy, this is the best you're gonna get. Is this even "work-safe"? Let's find out!
SteamOS for PS4. The PS4 runs a modified BSD kernel, it could easily run a linux compatibility layer, with AMD OpenGL drivers. Yay! Portal on PS4!

Neo Rasa
Mar 8, 2007
Everyone should play DUKE games.

:dukedog:

limaCAT posted:

Steam Controller for PS4 with share button, options button and led. :allears:

It's just a green DualShock 4 controller with the share button relabeled to "buy hat."

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

Neo Rasa posted:

It's just a green DualShock 4 controller with the share button relabeled to "buy hat."
Buttons? Where Valve's going, we don't need buttons.

Lemming
Apr 21, 2008
Could be something to do with project Morpheus? Valve helped out a lot with Oculus.

Random Stranger
Nov 27, 2009

Valve game. Special cover (assuming it actually is something special, I've heard that game magazines have a tendency to talk up things that aren't that special). Sony conference.

It's almost definitely Portal 3.

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

I think it might be a feature on Valve unrelated to the Sony conference, unless I'm reading that tweet wrong

stev
Jan 22, 2013

Please be excited.

Random Stranger posted:

Valve game. Special cover (assuming it actually is something special, I've heard that game magazines have a tendency to talk up things that aren't that special). Sony conference.

It's almost definitely Portal 3.

Really? Portal 2, while incredibly popular, pretty much closed the door on the story and took the concept as far as it could go. It's more likely one of the other two '3' games that they're actually developing.

Yechezkel
Oct 5, 2004

Fun Shoe
Bellevue, WA now has a theater for PlayStation E3 Experience.

Boise, ID and Anchorage, AK also still have seats. They are the only ones with available tickets.

Yechezkel fucked around with this message at 23:22 on Jun 3, 2014

Lugaloco
Jun 29, 2011

Ice to see you!

I'm not sure anyone wants a Portal 3. I mean Portal 2 was pretty great and all but it felt pretty drat conclusive. Everything points to Left 4 Dead 3 if all the development rumours are to be believed and that's if Valve even shows up to E3 in the first place. Probably too busy rolling in all that Dota compendium money.

ReV VAdAUL
Oct 3, 2004

I'm WILD about
WILDMAN
Valve have bought the Xbox brand from MS solely to run it down. The Sony conference will be a joint celebration where Sony and Valve declare total victory over Microsoft.

That is why Sony have been so tight lipped, they're not announcing anything apart from their triumph.

Neo Rasa
Mar 8, 2007
Everyone should play DUKE games.

Lugaloco posted:

I'm not sure anyone wants a Portal 3. I mean Portal 2 was pretty great and all but it felt pretty drat conclusive. Everything points to Left 4 Dead 3 if all the development rumours are to be believed and that's if Valve even shows up to E3 in the first place. Probably too busy rolling in all that Dota compendium money.

Agreed. If it's a new Portal game, for anyone to want it it'd have to have so much new stuff that it wouldn't really be Portal. If they didn't, I'm sure they could make another great game with the basic premise of "you have a portal gun" but then it would just be seen as "not the real deal."

It's gotta be Left 4 Dead 3.

Though it would be amazing if it was Half-Life 2: Episode 3. :getin:

Random Stranger
Nov 27, 2009

Steve2911 posted:

Really? Portal 2, while incredibly popular, pretty much closed the door on the story and took the concept as far as it could go. It's more likely one of the other two '3' games that they're actually developing.

I didn't say it was a good idea, just that it all fits together perfectly.

That Fucking Sned
Oct 28, 2010

Half-Left 4 Portal 3. Only on Wii U.

Broken Cog
Dec 29, 2009

We're all friends here
Valve will announce that Half Life 3 will be a PS4 exclusive.

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

It's probably not Steam Machine because Sony wants people to go through their storefront and not Valve's. Left 4 Dead 3 makes the most sense.

Lemming
Apr 21, 2008

Broken Cog posted:

Valve will announce that Half Life 3 will be a PS4 exclusive.

I'd buy a PS4 for that. It's not happening, but I still would. If they required me to buy 2 PS4s I would still do it.

gently caress I want Half Life 3.

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

Lugaloco posted:

Neo Rasa posted:

Agreed. If it's a new Portal game, for anyone to want it it'd have to have so much new stuff that it wouldn't really be Portal. If they didn't, I'm sure they could make another great game with the basic premise of "you have a portal gun" but then it would just be seen as "not the real deal."

Uh, I want a Portal 3. As long as they have the designers, there's plenty more they can do with the portal gun, "real deal" or not. I don't care about the narrative that much, either.

Dewgy
Nov 10, 2005

~🚚special delivery~📦

Lemming posted:

I'd buy a PS4 for that. It's not happening, but I still would. If they required me to buy 2 PS4s I would still do it.

gently caress I want Half Life 3.

"PS4 will run Steam OS." *mic drop*

Like hell that's gonna happen, but hey, there's your deployment and hardware problems solved, Valve. :haw:

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

A version of Steam OS where you can use your PS4 to stream your Steam games from your PC to your PS4 and use the PS4 controller. Steam already has streaming capabilities like what the PS4 to Vita is.

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich
Speaking of E3 rumors, has the annual "Final Fantasy VII remake" rumor appeared again yet?

Peanut President
Nov 5, 2008

by Athanatos

Steve2911 posted:

Except when they did.

They have never left their reclusive castle in Washington, afaik.

OneEightHundred
Feb 28, 2008

Soon, we will be unstoppable!
It's DotA 2 for PS4. If you want to play Brewmaster then you need 3 controllers.

testtubebaby
Apr 7, 2008

Where we're going,
we won't need eyes to see.

Peanut President posted:

They have never left their reclusive castle in Washington, afaik.

They were definitely at E3 2003

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yxYviVfwAHA

testtubebaby fucked around with this message at 02:23 on Jun 4, 2014

Yechezkel
Oct 5, 2004

Fun Shoe
And at E3 2010:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PuQzw_XjHG8

None of those Steam plans on Portal 2 PS3 version ever happened, right?

Yechezkel fucked around with this message at 02:46 on Jun 4, 2014

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich

Yechezkel posted:

And at E3 2010:

My copy of Portal 2 was actually the PS3 version that redeemed the PC version. Of course I think one of the main reason Portal 2/Steam on PS3 didn't do so well was the fact it came out the week the hacking knocked the PSN out for a month.

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

Yechezkel posted:

And at E3 2010:

I don't remember the details of what they promised, but a PS3 copy entitled you to a Steam copy, you could sync saves between versions (or at least chapter progress), and you could see Steam friends from Portal 2. Might have been something more as well.

Wiggly Wayne DDS
Sep 11, 2010

Rinkles posted:

I don't remember the details of what they promised, but a PS3 copy entitled you to a Steam copy, you could sync saves between versions (or at least chapter progress), and you could see Steam friends from Portal 2. Might have been something more as well.
That's everything mentioned in that video.

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

It was pretty bonkers. Sadly didn't lead to much afterwards. It was an interesting direction for both parties.

Yechezkel
Oct 5, 2004

Fun Shoe
I didn't have a Steam account back then, and I just remember seeing a Steam newsfeed on the PS3 version. That and PSN was down for most of the time while I had the game. :mad:

I don't believe the PS3 version had automatic updates from Steam, unlike what Gabe said.

ymgve
Jan 2, 2004

Offensive Clock
I'm 100% certain we will see Left 4 Dead 3 before both Portal 3 and HL3. I'm also relatively sure we will hear something official about L4D3 this year, but possibly not during E3.

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

ymgve posted:

I'm 100% certain we will see Left 4 Dead 3 before both Portal 3 and HL3.

Well since L4D3's existence was leaked not long ago, yeah, those seem like good odds.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wiggly Wayne DDS
Sep 11, 2010

Yechezkel posted:

I didn't have a Steam account back then, and I just remember seeing a Steam newsfeed on the PS3 version. That and PSN was down for most of the time while I had the game. :mad:

I don't believe the PS3 version had automatic updates from Steam, unlike what Gabe said.
I took that to be them sugar-coating a more flexible update process through Sony that got sidetracked after the hack.

Rinkles posted:

Well since L4D3's existence was leaked not long ago, yeah, those seem like good odds.
Valve working on all those games isn't really a leak. Whether it's actually coming out this year, or even this decade, would be though.

• Locked thread