Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
So Math
Jan 8, 2013

Ghostly Clothier
I'm getting a Goofy/Pluto vibe about the non-person gems, like the shards that animate clothing or the pillow that builds sand castles.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Pandamn It Feels Good To Be A Gangsta
Grimey Drawer

axleblaze posted:

It honestly reminded me alot of video game creepypasta, except, y'know, good.

No hyper-realistic blood, 0/10.

JT Jag
Aug 30, 2009

#1 Jaguars Sunk Cost Fallacy-Haver

So Math posted:

I'm getting a Goofy/Pluto vibe about the non-person gems, like the shards that animate clothing or the pillow that builds sand castles.
The pillow that builds sand-castles was serious business tho

Smiley!
Dec 7, 2009

The Picard Maneuver
Discovered another neat continuity moment- that wasn't the first time Steven's been in Rose's room. When he's sliding down the temple's heart in Together Breakfast, he passes through there for a few seconds. It's even got the same music cue.

Skippy McPants
Mar 19, 2009

Smiley! posted:

Discovered another neat continuity moment- that wasn't the first time Steven's been in Rose's room. When he's sliding down the temple's heart in Together Breakfast, he passes through there for a few seconds. It's even got the same music cue.

You're a jerk. Now I want strawberry waffles.

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?
http://www.comicbookresources.com/?page=article&id=52900

Steven Universe comics starting on August :allears: BOOM! has been really good with Adventure Time, so I'm guessing these comics are gonna be rad.

XboxPants
Jan 30, 2006

Steven doesn't want me watching him sleep anymore.

JT Jag posted:

The pillow that builds sand-castles was serious business tho

Speaking of this I noticed something cool rewatching that episode recently. The first scene after they come it looks like Steven & Amethyst built a pillow fort and are sleeping in it. What actually happened was they left the gem-pillow on the couch, and the pillow-fort was its attempt to build a castle out of the only materials it had available.

Someone can post a screenshot?

JT Jag
Aug 30, 2009

#1 Jaguars Sunk Cost Fallacy-Haver

Smiley! posted:

"AAAAA .... Hey, this is kind of nice ... AAAAA"

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

The episode with the Pizzas is on and I still really appreciate that they're a Ghanian family.

I Am Fowl
Mar 8, 2008

nononononono
When does this come back?

Rasamune
Jan 19, 2011

MORT
MORT
MORT

Mr. Fowl posted:

When does this come back?

Looks like we're gonna be waiting till June for new episodes

LostRook
Jun 7, 2013
It definitely feels like this show has a slower episode release rate than other CN shows. I don't know if its because it's true or if it's just the tone of the show itself.

Starting just before the holiday break didn't help.

Indigo Cephalopods
Oct 26, 2012

Justice Rains From Above
I remember hearing that this is just a thing Cartoon Network is doing now. Rather than have 12/13 straight weeks of new episodes and then months of no new episodes, they have new episodes all year round with more frequent shorter breaks.

frank.club
Jan 15, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Indigo Cephalopods posted:

I remember hearing that this is just a thing Cartoon Network is doing now. Rather than have 12/13 straight weeks of new episodes and then months of no new episodes, they have new episodes all year round with more frequent shorter breaks.

They've been doing this with Regular Show for a looong time. It's been over a year since a month without a new Regular Show episode.

Rasamune
Jan 19, 2011

MORT
MORT
MORT

Acquire Currency! posted:

They've been doing this with Regular Show for a looong time. It's been over a year since a month without a new Regular Show episode.

And yet for some reason this information doesn't stop people panicking about how the network is actively throttling releases of new Steven Universe episodes in an attempt to kill the show despite the fact that it's the #1 show in its timeslot for its target audience and they've already ordered another 26 episodes

Lacrosse
Jun 16, 2010

>:V

I like the staggered episode releases myself. Meanwhile, the wait between seasons is 1+ year for my other two favorite shows: Legend of Korra, and Gravity Falls.

Crabtree
Oct 17, 2012

ARRRGH! Get that wallet out!
Everybody: Lowtax in a Pickle!
Pickle! Pickle! Pickle! Pickle!

Dinosaur Gum

Rasamune posted:

And yet for some reason this information doesn't stop people panicking about how the network is actively throttling releases of new Steven Universe episodes in an attempt to kill the show despite the fact that it's the #1 show in its timeslot for its target audience and they've already ordered another 26 episodes

It isn't like CN hasn't killed a good show before. As long as this likely unfounded fear keeps people watching Steven Universe and not flooding SA with THE SKY IS FALLING posts then I don't really see a problem with the paranoia.

LostRook
Jun 7, 2013
Particularly a female centric show. The wound of "Young Justice" still stings.

Magnus Condomus
Apr 23, 2010

Y'all need to believe in steven

frank.club
Jan 15, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Steven Universe is better than Adventure Time so I think it'll be okay.

axelblaze
Oct 18, 2006

Congratulations The One Concern!!!

You're addicted to Ivory!!

and...oh my...could you please...
oh my...

Grimey Drawer

Quality has nothing to do with how long a series will last.

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?
I'll say. Secret Saturdays only got 36 episodes while Young Justice somehow reached 46.

kefkafloyd
Jun 8, 2006

What really knocked me out
Was her cheap sunglasses

Magnus Condomus posted:

Y'all need to believe in steven

I BELIEVE

I know people are worried about CN being dumb but it's counterproductive. Let's enjoy the show.

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

I'm wondering how it stacks up popularity wise.
Plus AT is very big on merchandise sales. Is SU the same?

axelblaze
Oct 18, 2006

Congratulations The One Concern!!!

You're addicted to Ivory!!

and...oh my...could you please...
oh my...

Grimey Drawer

Say Nothing posted:

I'm wondering how it stacks up popularity wise.
Plus AT is very big on merchandise sales. Is SU the same?

I'm not sure if they've put out merch yet. At least I haven't seen any :ohdear:

PicklePants
May 8, 2007
Woo!

ArmyOfMidgets posted:

I'll say. Secret Saturdays only got 36 episodes while Young Justice somehow reached 46.

I'm no fan at all of Young Justice, but man.. I think it deserved those extra ten episodes over Secret Saturdays.

LostRook
Jun 7, 2013
The Cartoon Network store has some cool, if not particularly innovative merch. A comic coming out is good news.

Combed Thunderclap
Jan 4, 2011

I'm no TV rating guru, but the current SU ratings are around the same as mid-Season 1 for Adventure Time.

Then AT blew up into the ratings stratosphere (for Cartoon Network) so it doesn't exactly make for a good yardstick.

Crabtree
Oct 17, 2012

ARRRGH! Get that wallet out!
Everybody: Lowtax in a Pickle!
Pickle! Pickle! Pickle! Pickle!

Dinosaur Gum

kefkafloyd posted:

I BELIEVE

I know people are worried about CN being dumb but it's counterproductive. Let's enjoy the show.

I will when there's a new episode! I'm just being realistic of the station that burned its bridge with Genndy loving Tartakovsky. :(

Crabtree fucked around with this message at 08:18 on May 25, 2014

Sithsaber
Apr 8, 2014

by Ion Helmet
SU is all about the atmosphere, and that brilliant piano can make everything gold. 6 episodes in and I was already feeling the horror a father would face if his son turned to cats. I love it.

Fan theory: The tone is less about loss and more about living in a "lesser age", kind of like a less narcissistic Venture Bros

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost

Lacrosse posted:

I like the staggered episode releases myself. Meanwhile, the wait between seasons is 1+ year for my other two favorite shows: Legend of Korra, and Gravity Falls.

Whatever, I love Venture Brothers.

Sithsaber
Apr 8, 2014

by Ion Helmet
I do too.

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008
Wait why was this stickied? I don't think there is a new Steven Universe tonight.

Lord of the Bones
Nov 1, 2007

Oh my, there are a lot of zombies down there. Starchy's glad he's safe up here.
Doo dee doo doo doo doo~
The tumblr updated saying it won't be back til July/August... Do not kill this show CN.

e: I am a rumor-mongering idiot, please ignore.

Lord of the Bones fucked around with this message at 13:36 on Jun 6, 2014

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

I'm assuming that's just episodes not being ready because otherwise it would have fit right in with their new Thursday night block that's starting tomorrow.

Flobbster
Feb 17, 2005

"Cadet Kirk, after the way you cheated on the Kobayashi Maru test I oughta punch you in tha face!"

muscles like this? posted:

I'm assuming that's just episodes not being ready because otherwise it would have fit right in with their new Thursday night block that's starting tomorrow.

I wish. If they swapped out Gumball for Steven Universe, that would be a 2-hour block where my butt wouldn't leave the couch. (Nothing against Gumball, it's just not on my must-watch list.)

At least Uncle Grandpa isn't ruining the same night anymore.

PantsBandit
Oct 26, 2007

it is both a monkey and a boombox

Lacrosse posted:

Legend of Korra? What I watched of Season 2 was pretty bad, did it end up getting more watchable? Season 1 was decent, definitely not up to the level of the original series but not bad.

Bongo Bill
Jan 17, 2012

PantsBandit posted:

Legend of Korra? What I watched of Season 2 was pretty bad, did it end up getting more watchable? Season 1 was decent, definitely not up to the level of the original series but not bad.

Season 2 contained both the best and the worst episodes of both series.

Hemingway To Go!
Nov 10, 2008

im stupider then dog shit, i dont give a shit, and i dont give a fuck, and i will never shut the fuck up, and i'll always Respect my enemys.
- ernest hemingway
Korra season 2 continued most of the lovely trends of the first season and never got better.

I'm not going to even bother with season 3.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

Lord of the Bones posted:

The tumblr updated saying it won't be back til July/August... Do not kill this show CN.
If they wanted to do that they'd air them all right away, by staggering them they're trying to make those new episodes stretch longer across the schedule while they continue to produce more episodes.

• Locked thread