Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
texaholic
Sep 16, 2007

Well it's floodin' down in Texas
All of the telephone lines are down
The soccer forum has like 20 threads for the World Cup , poo poo makes no sense.

Anyway posted this early because I had dream America would win this stupid tournament last night. Clint Dempsey will score a bunch of goals dude is legit and will make cristiano Ronaldo his personal bitch. Also we need to fire our dumbass coach, I think Jim Harbaugh should be our coach. I don't trust this nazi gently caress jurgan clannsmannn.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Iseeyouseemeseeyou
Jan 3, 2011
LET'S GO TEXAS!

Emanuel Collective
Jan 16, 2008

by Smythe
reminder that the next two world cups are in Russia and Qatar lmao

BrutalistMcDonalds
Oct 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QfeVoGgVdI0

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

Emanuel Collective posted:

If the world cup is at this time of the year here in qatar people are going to burn alive. Unless that air conditioned open air stadium works out

it's loving hot here.

treasured8elief
Jul 25, 2011

Salad Prong

Evil Eagle posted:

If the world cup is at this time of the year here in qatar people are going to burn alive. Unless that air conditioned open air stadium works out

it's loving hot here.

such a bad idea and i cant wait :getin:

baw
Nov 5, 2008

RESIDENT: LAISSEZ FAIR-SNEZHNEVSKY INSTITUTE FOR FORENSIC PSYCHIATRY
lol the US is in a group with germany portugal and ghana

they're hosed

texaholic
Sep 16, 2007

Well it's floodin' down in Texas
All of the telephone lines are down
Also when America wins, the world has the to use the correct term of soccer no more futbol or footie or whatever just soccer. Some more changes after we win no more ties, teams not sides, field not pitch, and no more third place games that poo poo is gay as hell.

Lawman 0
Aug 17, 2010

I personally can't wait :unsmigghh:

The Brown Menace
Dec 24, 2010

Now comes in all colors.

Evil Eagle posted:

it's loving hot here.

more tourists are gonna die in qatar than in south africa, brazil and russia combined

Emanuel Collective
Jan 16, 2008

by Smythe
England is celebrating the world cup by needlessly cutting swaths of Brazilian rainforest

Agrajag
Jan 21, 2006

gat dang thats hot
NWS Woman gives birth in hospital waiting room with no staff in sight even after the birth!

http://www.liveleak.com/view?i=993_1402104298

This is the country hosting the World Cup, lel.

Sophy Wackles
Dec 17, 2000

> access main security grid
access: PERMISSION DENIED.

Evil Eagle posted:

it's loving hot here.

I think I read they are planning to build an air conditioning system with technology that doesn't yet exist. They just assume it will by world cup time.

The Brown Menace
Dec 24, 2010

Now comes in all colors.

http://www.liveleak.com/view?i=92b_1401312047

Lawman 0
Aug 17, 2010

The Brown Menace posted:

more tourists are gonna die in qatar than in south africa, brazil and russia combined

yeah but Russia is actually going to have a mysteriously large jump in GDP growth since they changed it to count the grey and black market.

Emanuel Collective
Jan 16, 2008

by Smythe

Pawn 17 posted:

I think I read they are planning to build an air conditioning system with technology that doesn't yet exist. They just assume it will by world cup time.

Qatar's plans for the world cup have almost all been scratched because Qatar's proposal was mostly focused on a bribery campaign so massive and egregious even by FIFA standards

Agrajag
Jan 21, 2006

gat dang thats hot

Qatar's plans for the world cup have almost all been scratched because Qatar's proposal was mostly focused on a bribery campaign so massive and egregious even by FIFA standards

not like it matters

Sophy Wackles
Dec 17, 2000

> access main security grid
access: PERMISSION DENIED.

How do I get on FIFA's Executive Committee?

Lawman 0
Aug 17, 2010

Pawn 17 posted:

be morally flexible

Emanuel Collective
Jan 16, 2008

by Smythe

Pawn 17 posted:

Bribes, or a dad who bribed his way on and bribed to let you take his place

VanSandman
Feb 16, 2011
SWAP.AVI EXCHANGER
cant wait for some serious cheating to go down so people can say 'how rigged is soccer, anyway?' like we do every 4 years.

nomadologique
Mar 9, 2011

DUNK A DILL PICKLE REALDO
goddamn can't wait to sit through world cup at my favorite pho place eating noodles all day and watchin football

awesome-express
Dec 30, 2008

i worked on the world cup app so take that :cool:

Moola
Aug 16, 2006
world cup?

more like world gently caress

as in I dont give a gently caress

about the world cup

yea

Agrajag
Jan 21, 2006

gat dang thats hot

Moola posted:

world cup?

more like world gently caress

as in I dont give a gently caress

about the world cup

yea

also butt play

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

2 more weeks until everyone can pretend to care about soccer

Agrajag
Jan 21, 2006

gat dang thats hot

etalian posted:

2 more weeks until everyone can pretend to care about soccer

any reason to take extra time for lunch and drink is good enough for me

VVVV who gives a gently caress? the brazilians certainly don't.

Hobohemian
Sep 30, 2005

by XyloJW
What exactly did they do with all the poor people that had to be relocated?

Helicoprion
Oct 31, 2010
A friend of mine went to Brazil once, he got robbed at knife point the first day he was there.

Food for thought.

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

Hobohemian posted:

What exactly did they do with all the poor people that had to be relocated?

they are homeless now after getting kicked out by the government but at least they get $22000 after losing their home

http://www.fairobserver.com/region/latin_america/brazils-world-cup-evictions-insult-soccer-63971/

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Nap Ghost
this is a forum for real americans. real americans are bored with soccer.

Agrajag
Jan 21, 2006

gat dang thats hot

etalian posted:

they are homeless now after getting kicked out by the government but at least they get $22000 after losing their home

http://www.fairobserver.com/region/latin_america/brazils-world-cup-evictions-insult-soccer-63971/

22k is hell of a deal for a loving tin shack built on the side of a hill.

Moola
Aug 16, 2006

Agrajag posted:

also butt play

plz dont trigger me

tia

Frog Act
Feb 10, 2012

anyone post "world cuck" yet?

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Nap Ghost

Fandyien posted:

your the first. how can i submit this to help you win a nobel prize?

Moola
Aug 16, 2006

Fandyien posted:

nice

Emanuel Collective
Jan 16, 2008

by Smythe

awesome-express posted:

i worked on the world cup app so take that :cool:

how much did your boss pay in bribes to get the contract

Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused
Oh cool, another event that requires a bunch of infrastructure to be built that doesn't get completed in time, destroys homes, and will be totally useless once the event is over.

The Brown Menace
Dec 24, 2010

Now comes in all colors.

reminder that some belgian dude invented a collapsible vuvuzela thing which is easily portable and louder than an actual vuvuzela

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Agrajag
Jan 21, 2006

gat dang thats hot

The Brown Menace posted:

reminder that some belgian dude invented a collapsible vuvuzela thing which is easily portable and louder than an actual vuvuzela

i thought the vuvuzela was a South African thing. please don't let it happen to this world cup also.

• Locked thread