Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
let it mellow
Jun 1, 2000

Dinosaur Gum
Real talk, golf owns. if you don't ply it, you should start

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

naem
May 29, 2011

"A good walk, ruined"

-Mark twan

Digi_Kraken
Sep 4, 2011
Putt a golf ball into my gaping anus

rcman50166
Mar 23, 2010

by XyloJW
golf is unnecessarily expensive, op

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
golf is a piece of poo poo sport for elitists that takes up way too much land and water

let it mellow
Jun 1, 2000

Dinosaur Gum
wow you guys don't like golf but it's fun and you can win money gambling in it if you get good.

Vashro
May 12, 2004

Proud owner of Lazy Lion #46

Moridin920 posted:

golf is a piece of poo poo sport for elitists that takes up way too much land and water

if golf is a sport then frisbee golf is a sport

naem
May 29, 2011

Country clubs are suffering because while they were a status symbol for an older generation, younger people see them as an 80 year old's activity and won't pay huge money to watch grandpa drink scotch and piss his depends in the clubhouse

PlantRobot
Feb 13, 2010

naem posted:

-Mark twan

mah spirit animule

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

Reporting for shovel mission Sir.

jackyl posted:

Real talk, golf owns. if you don't ply it, you should start

Rich gently caress. You're going down along with the capitalist machine!

a creepy colon
Oct 28, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Moridin920 posted:

lol golf courses actually provide habitat for animals dingus

TEAYCHES
Jun 23, 2002

redshirt posted:

Rich gently caress. You're going down along with the capitalist machine!

this unironically

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

a creepy colon posted:

yeah like the vietcong groundhog

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

a creepy colon posted:

idk what shithole golf courses you live near but the ones in my town hire exterminators

and also paved over existing animal habitat to be built

a misanthrope
Jun 21, 2010

:burgerpug::burgerpug::burgerpug::burgerpug::burgerpug:
When the revolution comes, it won't be a good day to be on a golf course.

let it mellow
Jun 1, 2000

Dinosaur Gum
well that's dumb because you can gamble and drink

I opened my first beer 16 hours ago and won some money as a guest in a different clubs member guest. my clubs member guest, I don't think I've ever lost money

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Nap Ghost
golf is fun. gonna play chip and putt this thursday. Can't wait!

a creepy colon
Oct 28, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Moridin920 posted:

idk what shithole golf courses you live near but the ones in my town hire exterminators

and also paved over existing animal habitat to be built

http://www.usga.org/Content.aspx?id=25900

u

r

dumb

----------------
This thread brought to you by a tremendous dickhead!

a creepy colon
Oct 28, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
golfing sucks

a misanthrope
Jun 21, 2010

jackyl posted:

well that's dumb because you can gamble and drink

I opened my first beer 16 hours ago and won some money as a guest in a different clubs member guest. my clubs member guest, I don't think I've ever lost money

uh huh

let it mellow
Jun 1, 2000

Dinosaur Gum

a creepy colon posted:

golfing sucks

no you sucks and golf owns

EugeneJ
Feb 5, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
If I'm going to throw my back out, it has to be for a more worthwhile sport

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

lolling using a industry website to prove a golf course is good when it doesn't do anything better than a public park except maybe keep out poors.

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

you literally just linked me a pro-golf argument from the USGA website you fool

meanwhile golf courses pave over natural biome land all the time in order to provide the animal habitat of short trim grass LOL yeah that's great for all the snakes, birds, coyotes, and such that live out here

http://blog.savesfbay.org/2013/09/citys-plan-would-pave-bay-wetlands-with-golf-course-nearly-500-houses/

first link I found searching for "golf courses pave over natural habitat"

the fact is the golf course is short trim grass, even if the owners let animals chill there it still has wrecked the natural biome. unless you live in an area that just has rolling green hills as the natural landscape I guess.

Node
May 20, 2001

KICKED IN THE COOTER
:dings:
Taco Defender

naem posted:

"A good walk, ruined"

-Mark twan

more like mark twat. who is this pretentious fuk

Huge Fucker Bitch
Jan 8, 2004
I spent $700 on a set of clubs but never took lessons. Any advice to become a golf pro?
(the clubs are chilling in their bag in my closet, never used them.)

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

We should rise up and seize back the land taken by golf courses and build quality low income housing and plant beans and corn and let our children run outside without shoes.

To the links, brothers!

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Nap Ghost

Im poor as poo poo, and I need my friend, who has 4 kids and is also poor as poo poo, to take me there.

Master Twig
Oct 25, 2007

I want to branch out and I'm going to stick with it.
Golf has a set standard goal for the number of strokes that it should take to complete a hole. This This standard is called par. Totalled up on the 18 holes they refer to this as "par for the course" and matching this is called shooting even.

99.9% of people who ever play golf will never shoot even par on a regulation 18-hole course (which is a score of 72.) Not only this, a majority of golfers will never even break 100.

Whoever came up with par at the level it's at is a cruel bastard.

a misanthrope
Jun 21, 2010

Pumpy Muffinz posted:

Im poor as poo poo, and I need my friend, who has 4 kids and is also poor as poo poo, to take me there.

kill and eat some rich people while you're there, thnks

FreudianSlippers
Apr 12, 2010

Shooting and Fucking
are the same thing!

I like it when hidden camera shows gently caress with golfers because they always throw a tantrum and try to murder the person who is annoying them.

Digi_Kraken
Sep 4, 2011
golf is a great way to line yourself up for some prime cocktail waitress slopfucks if you're into that sort of thing (or so I've heard)

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

FreudianSlippers posted:

I like it when hidden camera shows gently caress with golfers because they always throw a tantrum and try to murder the person who is annoying them.

jackass was the best:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7C1Pr4AU2wc

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Nap Ghost

A misanthrope posted:

kill and eat some rich people while you're there, thnks

at the public park were gonna play chip and putt. Ok. The geese might get angry though

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

When I play golf I do so covertly, and am really loving everything up.

I like shooting early at the old rich fucks in front of me.

Also, tearing huge divots and making big canyons in sand traps.

Finally, I like wading into water and collecting golf balls.

let it mellow
Jun 1, 2000

Dinosaur Gum

Huge Fucker Bitch posted:

I spent $700 on a set of clubs but never took lessons. Any advice to become a golf pro?
(the clubs are chilling in their bag in my closet, never used them.)

I'm not a pro but for getting better I recommend the hammer game

You play dollar skins with carry overs and tpresses automatically accepted if you're down then the hammer works like the backgammon doubling cube. If you hammer, the hole bet either doubles or your opponent concedes the hole bet. you get a few hammers carry overs and presses, next thing you know you're playing a single hole for like five hundred bucks

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Nap Ghost

jackyl posted:

I'm not a pro but for getting better I recommend the hammer game

You play dollar skins with carry overs and tpresses automatically accepted if you're down then the hammer works like the backgammon doubling cube. If you hammer, the hole bet either doubles or your opponent concedes the hole bet. you get a few hammers carry overs and presses, next thing you know you're playing a single hole for like five hundred bucks

he spent $700 on clubs. He never won a game in his life.

let it mellow
Jun 1, 2000

Dinosaur Gum

Pumpy Muffinz posted:

he spent $700 on clubs. He never won a game in his life.

it's a good point you're making

naem
May 29, 2011

Personally I prefer t-pones. The dialer's much the same but wwithout hammers, you do the shine-poke and with every turkey grond you have to super nail them bogies. Put your balls in teh hole

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

a misanthrope
Jun 21, 2010

naem posted:

Personally I prefer t-pones. The dialer's much the same but wwithout hammers, you do the shine-poke and with every turkey grond you have to super nail them bogies. Put your balls in teh hole

yeah

• Locked thread