Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
The Big Taff Man
Nov 22, 2005

Official Manchester United Posting Partner 2015/16
Fan of Britches

Soccer Aid is a biennial British charity event that has raised £12 million in aid of UNICEF UK through ticket sales and donations.

The event is a football match between two teams of celebrities and former professional players, representing England and the Rest of the World. Soccer Aid was initiated by Robbie Williams and the man who is famous for being Robbie Williams best mate Jonathan Wilkes.

This years teams are as below

Of the players who have played before Wilkes is pretty decent and has scored in a few games. Olly Murs is alright too and had a bit of pace about him last time he played. Ben Shepherd was alright last time I think. Jamie Theakston wasnt the worlds worst keeper, but he cant take a pen to save his life

Martin Sheen fancies himself, he took over captaincy from Gordon "I played for Rangers" Ramsey who thinks he is much better than he actually is and probably inevitably goes off injured. Paddy Kielty is a better keeper than Theakston. I dont know most of the others, except the guy from Man V Food who I'm a big fan of. Look at their legends tho, they piss all over the England legends. Ive seen Big Jaap Stam play a few times in recent years in legends matches and he's still got it and plays at 100%. Look out for him crunching some English boyband member.

History

2006 - England win after goals from Sir Les Ferdinand and Jonathan Wilkes, depite a goal from Maradonna.

2008 - This years Soccer Aid saw England retain the title, with a 4-3 victory thanks to two from Shearer, one from Sheringham and another from Jonathan Wilkes. ROTW scorers were Di Canio and Gilles Marini.

2010 was a draw in normal time, 2-2 with goals from Redknapp and Sheringham for England, and Calzaghe and Hyypia for ROTW. The penalty shoot out saw ROTW win 6-7 with the winning penalty scored by Woody Harrelson.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kdkVKMND7cQ

2012 saw england regain their title with a 3-1 win, goals from Sheringham, Wilkes and Kevin Phillips coming after Serge from Kasabian had scored this stunner

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y0_7_CxBq-Y

He defo meant it too, given he scored this stunner once on Soccer AM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=upcNBHmfl9E

Anyway, its on ITV now

Text CHILD to donate £5 to Unicef 70333 - Costs £5 + your standard message costs

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sneaks McDevious
Jul 29, 2010

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
Sergios goal is proper phwoar I must say. Like the rest of the world team but with Mou as manager it could be some boring shite

EvilHawk
Sep 15, 2009

LIVARPOOL!

Klopp's 13pts clear thanks to video ref

Always love a bit of Soccer Aid, nothing better than seeing Robbie get destroyed by some foreign defender.

What series was it a few years ago which had like a month of build-up with reality show voting to build the team because that was pretty cool

Was Taters
Jul 30, 2004

Here comes a regular
How does Jeremy Renner manage to be the least-goodlooking guy on that team? He's been out-cuted by Jaap Stam.

I love a good charity match. Let's see some troublesome tackles.

The Big Taff Man
Nov 22, 2005

Fan of Britches

julian assflange posted:

Sergios goal is proper phwoar I must say. Like the rest of the world team but with Mou as manager it could be some boring shite

Tbf its not difficult to lob Seaman.

The Big Taff Man
Nov 22, 2005

Fan of Britches

EvilHawk posted:

Always love a bit of Soccer Aid, nothing better than seeing Robbie get destroyed by some foreign defender.

Robbie cant play as he's done his back in and he's just about to tour so he cant get insured.

Jaap doesnt care. He will destroy someone

Soulex
Apr 1, 2009

Cacati in mano e pigliati a schiaffi!

Got a stream?

Adam Richman is a hardcore Spurs fan, and Ramsey will get two footed at some point in the game

EvilHawk
Sep 15, 2009

LIVARPOOL!

Klopp's 13pts clear thanks to video ref

Taff posted:

Robbie cant play as he's done his back in and he's just about to tour so he cant get insured.

He'll pull a John Terry if England win.

Sneaks McDevious
Jul 29, 2010

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Taff posted:

Big sam hopefully

euroboy
Mar 24, 2004

I dont know who any of the English celebrities are, except for Bishop who I've seen on QI a few times.

The Big Taff Man
Nov 22, 2005

Fan of Britches

euroboy posted:

I dont know who any of the English celebrities are, except for Bishop who I've seen on QI a few times.

How can you not know Mark Owen of Take That, Paddy McGuiness of Take Me Out, or Olly Murs of Olly Murs.

Ponce de Le0n
Jul 6, 2008

Father jailed for beating 3 kids after they wouldn't say who farted in his car
i think big sam has this, rest of the world has some no-name foreign manager, this is just a warm up for big sams 2018 world tour where he'll bring it home again after we bring it home this summer.

euroboy
Mar 24, 2004

I remember Take That, but just barely.

Pissflaps
Oct 20, 2002

by VideoGames
Cool more rich people telling me to give my money to their pet charities while they literally defraud the taxman of millions.

Gene Ricman
Aug 14, 2008

Taff posted:

We can only hope its Paddy McGuinness

DEAD MAN'S SHOE
Nov 23, 2003

We will become evil and the stars will come alive

Soulex posted:

Got a stream?

Adam Richman is a hardcore Spurs fan, and Ramsey will get two footed at some point in the game

He's also a hardcore Leeds and Man U? fan

HJB
Feb 16, 2011

:swoon: I can't get enough of are Dan :swoon:

Pissflaps posted:

Cool more rich people telling me to give my money to their pet charities while they literally defraud the taxman of millions.

Yeah I'm watching the F1 instead too.

The Big Taff Man
Nov 22, 2005

Fan of Britches
I think Murs is going to have a top top match

Ponce de Le0n
Jul 6, 2008

Is that the guy from mcfly?

Lemon
May 22, 2003

This is always fun but I really wanted to see Woody again.

Kwagga
Jun 11, 2002

I am small

Soulex posted:

Got a stream?

Use Hola plugin with the Chrome browser and watch it in pretty decent uninterrupted quality on itv.com

Pissflaps
Oct 20, 2002

by VideoGames
Sorry for my mean spirited outburst I'm actually going to watch it

Pissflaps
Oct 20, 2002

by VideoGames

Boeing Troll posted:

Use Hola plugin with the Chrome browser and watch it in pretty decent uninterrupted quality on itv.com

This but consider tvcatchup.com instead I think it's less fussy than the itv player

Total Meatlove
Jan 28, 2007

:japan:
Rangers died, shoujo Hitler cried ;_;

Boeing Troll posted:

You're a vicious troll

The Big Taff Man
Nov 22, 2005

Fan of Britches

Ponce de Le0n posted:

Is that the guy from mcfly?

This is the guy from McFly yes

Lemon posted:

This is always fun but I really wanted to see Woody again.

that was a gold year, you had all these Americans who knew nothing about football playing like Woody and Mike Myers

Ponce de Le0n
Jul 6, 2008

I own a tv and Im watching it on my tv.

Pissflaps
Oct 20, 2002

by VideoGames

Ponce de Le0n posted:

I own a tv and Im watching it on my tv.

I'm watching it on the small tv in the kitchen

The Big Taff Man
Nov 22, 2005

Fan of Britches
I think ROTW have got this tbh.

Machinegunboyo
Apr 26, 2010

life is good
Looking forward to seeing what Sam Worthington can do, hoping he straight up beasts it. What a hunk.

Lemon
May 22, 2003

Taff posted:

that was a gold year, you had all these Americans who knew nothing about football playing like Woody and Mike Myers

I can honestly say that Woody's penalty is one of my favourite footballing moments of all time.

Edit: I was hoping to see more of Kevin Bridges but he hasn't been featured much, he must be awful.

Lemon fucked around with this message at 19:05 on Jun 8, 2014

Pissflaps
Oct 20, 2002

by VideoGames
Kevin Phillips is such a great footballer.

The Big Taff Man
Nov 22, 2005

Fan of Britches

Lemon posted:

I can honestly say that Woody's penalty is one of my favourite footballing moments of all time.

Edit: I was hoping to see more of Kevin Bridges but he hasn't been featured much, he must be awful.

hes scottish

The Big Taff Man
Nov 22, 2005

Fan of Britches
Hmmm after seeing those starting line ups I think England might have this, I can see Danny from McFly and Olly Murs really doing over Michael Sheen and Gordon Ramsey

Pissflaps
Oct 20, 2002

by VideoGames
Can't wait to see England gently caress up this poo poo ROTW team. loving arseholes.

Lemon
May 22, 2003

It's unlikely but I want to see Stam go in two-footed on Gordon Ramsey.

emjayo
Apr 11, 2013

Lemon posted:

It's unlikely but I want to see Stam go in two-footed on Gordon Ramsey.

gord's gonna dive before the fact, he's had jose in his ear all week

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011
Jose has stacked his midfield. They're just going to keep the ball all day until Seedorf rifles one in from 40 yards.

The Big Taff Man
Nov 22, 2005

Fan of Britches
I'd like to take a break from this fun posting to remind you to text CHILD to 70333 to donate £5 to Unicef.

Pissflaps
Oct 20, 2002

by VideoGames

Taff posted:

I'd like to take a break from this fun posting to remind you to text CHILD to 70333 to donate £5 to Unicef.

It's a scam these messages don't come out of your allowance and cost a fortune.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pissflaps
Oct 20, 2002

by VideoGames
I've had this woman in the red frock

And I had cat deeley a few years ago when she looked nice and not like a ghost.

• Locked thread