Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

Your Personal Muse posted:

Why am I the best choice?

the initiation of the claim is much more suspicious than someone taking it seriously

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ardulac
May 31, 2005

"There is a difference between fear and caution."

Tremendous Taste posted:

the initiation of the claim is much more suspicious than someone taking it seriously
So I'm curious, what do you think YPM's plan was then?

Chili
Jan 23, 2004

college kids ain't shit

Fun Shoe
My brother told me to do this.

##vote KFC

Love you, man.

Chili
Jan 23, 2004

college kids ain't shit

Fun Shoe
Oh and Fry is almost positively town.

He, like me, hates being town, and when he gets town he has to try and be a jackass, like me, to have any fun.

So yeah, we're both town.

apostateCourier
Oct 9, 2012

I don't think that YPM would try this poo poo as scum. It's way too easy for it to backfire. Too early to tell for sure though.

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

Ardulac posted:

So I'm curious, what do you think YPM's plan was then?

either "hook" someone on it, as he has, or give background as an excuse if it backfired. If Apo got turboed just shurg

Chili
Jan 23, 2004

college kids ain't shit

Fun Shoe

apostateCourier posted:

I don't think that YPM would try this poo poo as scum. It's way too easy for it to backfire. Too early to tell for sure though.

Holy Olmec Balls, this is the scummiest post I've seen in any game. In a very long time.

YPM didn't "try any poo poo".

Too easy to backfire... that literally means nothing with regards to alignment or even much of anything else for that matter.

And then he hedged with a "too early to tell for sure."

To tell WHAT for sure? What in the sam hill are you talking about?

Please excuse me while I go check which team he is on and if I can now vote him. I shall return with a post riddled with obscenity for not being able to vote the prostate courier or I will vote him.

Fry, you should do this too.

Chili
Jan 23, 2004

college kids ain't shit

Fun Shoe
Awww yiss: :getin:

##vote: apostateCourier

CapitalistPig
Nov 3, 2005

A Winner is you!

Opopanax posted:

Pig you idiot, you're making us look bad.

It's part of my secret plan :ssh:

apostateCourier
Oct 9, 2012

It's day one. I refuse to be sure about anything with so little information.

Chili
Jan 23, 2004

college kids ain't shit

Fun Shoe

apostateCourier posted:

It's day one. I refuse to be sure about anything with so little information.

Aw man, you're only getting worse.

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

YPM, AC, which of you first came up with the idea of the scum claim

apostateCourier
Oct 9, 2012

He did. Like last time.

apostateCourier
Oct 9, 2012

Though this time he just posted it instead of consulting me first.

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

cool not moving my vote

Chili
Jan 23, 2004

college kids ain't shit

Fun Shoe
Everyone knows it's day 1, and AC stating that he refuses to be sure of anything is self serving. He's playing the wisdom card.

apostateCourier
Oct 9, 2012

Chili posted:

Aw man, you're only getting worse.

Worse how. I refuse to be sure about alignment d1. YPM and I have a specific history of him doing weird gambit stuff like this, which is in fact "trying some poo poo." This ploy, if he is scum, can turn back on him really easily, hence my saying that it could backfire.

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

Chili I don't buy it

Philip J. Fry
Jan 3, 2009

What smells like blue?

##vote aC

I don't think Chili would try this poo poo as scum. It's way too easy for it to backfire. Too early to tell for sure though.

:v:

Chili
Jan 23, 2004

college kids ain't shit

Fun Shoe

apostateCourier posted:

Worse how. I refuse to be sure about alignment d1. YPM and I have a specific history of him doing weird gambit stuff like this, which is in fact "trying some poo poo." This ploy, if he is scum, can turn back on him really easily, hence my saying that it could backfire.

Oh and there's a point in mafia where people are suddenly sure of alignment? This is a ridiculous statement and you're excusing hedging. I'm hardly even seeing a "ploy" it's just a guy, farting around. I would do either as either alignment. It means nothing. Your posts so far are just screaming scum at me.

And hey I will be sure about your alignment d1. You'd probably be one of those horrible people that would have a hard time in the shrine of the silver monkey.

Philip J. Fry
Jan 3, 2009

What smells like blue?

apostateCourier posted:

There's a distinct difference between not being sure about someones alignment (lets face it, you should never be sure about someone's alignment cause we're all a bunch of loving liars), but it's another thing to qualify your assumptions like that

Chili
Jan 23, 2004

college kids ain't shit

Fun Shoe

Philip J. Fry posted:

##vote aC

I don't think Chili would try this poo poo as scum. It's way too easy for it to backfire. Too early to tell for sure though.

:v:

I'm not wrong. We will win this.

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

oh btw Hurt's scum this game

Philip J. Fry
Jan 3, 2009

What smells like blue?

Chili posted:

I'm not wrong. We will win this.

that's what you said on the steps of knowledge :negative:

CapitalistPig
Nov 3, 2005

A Winner is you!

Tremendous Taste posted:

Chili I don't buy it

Neither do I, I think chili comes out of this interaction looking bad and he's making my pig guts feel weird, that could be the chorizo and pinto bean burritos I made for dinner too. He's instantly gung ho and not giving really solid reasoning other than "do this guys I'm totes town and am correct"
Unfortunately I can't vote him or I would.
Of the vote candidates I'm leaning towards Ypm or apostate over kfc or ardulac. I'm not quite ready to throw down a vote yet though.

Tell me what you think privately opop since we haven't set up a doc yet because :effort:

Philip J. Fry
Jan 3, 2009

What smells like blue?

Tremendous Taste posted:

Cool, I'll challenge your rear end tomorrow and we'll take care of bidniss.

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

Philip J. Fry posted:

Cool, I'll challenge your rear end tomorrow and we'll take care of bidniss.

efficient

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

CapitalistPig posted:

Tell me what you think privately opop since we haven't set up a doc yet because :effort:

No let's fly solo here, it suits us better.

Also I have a mouse in my house and cannot deal with anything else until it is gone.

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Nevermind, he's dead, me and my dog trapped him. I tried to be humane but I think he had a tiny heart attack.

Your Personal Muse
Oct 5, 2010

what a cool dude

Opopanax posted:

Nevermind, he's dead, me and my dog trapped him. I tried to be humane but I think he had a tiny heart attack.

I was rooting for you the entire time

Your Personal Muse
Oct 5, 2010

what a cool dude
So after a relaxing shower where I could think about this situation, I will come out and say that I don't think apostate is scum.

Last time when we were on a team and he was scum, he was very careful in making sure I trusted him. He doesn't have that same quality about him now, although we haven't talked all that much.

So where I stand now, and the actions that I would like to see happen, in order of preference:

1) I still think KFC's scum, even with Ard's endorsement. I think he is a very good mafia player who genuinely messed up when he jumped on me. I think KFC is our best murderlynch at this point.

2) No lynch (if we can). There isn't really any downside to no lynching since scum aren't going to nightkill us, and if KFC isn't getting lynched, I would rather see a no lynch since I am not reading apostate as scum and I think ard is very townie.

3) Lynch Apostate. I can't deny that the man has done scummy things, and I don't really want to lynch him, but I would lynch apostate before Ard

4) I don't want to lynch Ard. I think Ard's reaction to this whole thing has been extremely townie and I do not want to lynch ard unless it comes down to me and him (which I don't think it will)

Crazyeyes
Nov 5, 2009

If I were human, I believe my response would be: 'go to hell'.
I see some chatter in here and what to clarify something:

No lynching is not an option in this game.

If deadline hits and there is no majority, the person with the highest vote count among the duelists gets the ax.

If two or more people are tied for highest vote count, the day continues until the tie is broken.

KhyrosFinalCut
Dec 16, 2004

Get it?

Chili posted:

You'd probably be one of those horrible people that would have a hard time in the shrine of the silver monkey.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WQvzoY9SaQY

Catching up on my way into work but had to post this.

Chili
Jan 23, 2004

college kids ain't shit

Fun Shoe

CapitalistPig posted:

Neither do I, I think chili comes out of this interaction looking bad and he's making my pig guts feel weird, that could be the chorizo and pinto bean burritos I made for dinner too. He's instantly gung ho and not giving really solid reasoning other than "do this guys I'm totes town and am correct"
Unfortunately I can't vote him or I would.
Of the vote candidates I'm leaning towards Ypm or apostate over kfc or ardulac. I'm not quite ready to throw down a vote yet though.

Oh, so in this game you try.

Chili
Jan 23, 2004

college kids ain't shit

Fun Shoe
Actually, you're hardly trying, that was a pretty roundabout way of saying "gut read".

Anyhow, I'm absolutely giving reasoning. You don't have to agree with it, but what I'm saying about courier certainly is backed up by more than what you're saying about me.

Philip J. Fry
Jan 3, 2009

What smells like blue?

So after a relaxing shower where I could think about this situation, I will come out and say that I don't think apostate is scum.

Last time when we were on a team and he was scum, he was very careful in making sure I trusted him. He doesn't have that same quality about him now, although we haven't talked all that much.

So where I stand now, and the actions that I would like to see happen, in order of preference:

1) I still think KFC's scum, even with Ard's endorsement. I think he is a very good mafia player who genuinely messed up when he jumped on me. I think KFC is our best murderlynch at this point.

I don't buy this whole showering businesses.

KFC has a habit of jumping into the game head first on Day 1, I can see his actions as sincere just as easily, if not more so. I also tried to annoy the poo poo out of him and got nothing out of it so to me that's a good sign but w/e that's probably a dumb thing to consider.

KhyrosFinalCut
Dec 16, 2004

Get it?
Okay, caught up. Ard's been engaged and critical in OOT. Def not voting him today.

Ard and Chili have made persuasive cases and I already mentioned that I didn't like courier's driveby vote that abdicated his reasoning to YPM.

I also, however really hate this post:

2) No lynch (if we can). There isn't really any downside to no lynching since scum aren't going to nightkill us, and if KFC isn't getting lynched, I would rather see a no lynch since I am not reading apostate as scum and I think ard is very townie.

3) Lynch Apostate. I can't deny that the man has done scummy things, and I don't really want to lynch him, but I would lynch apostate before Ard

4) I don't want to lynch Ard. I think Ard's reaction to this whole thing has been extremely townie and I do not want to lynch ard unless it comes down to me and him (which I don't think it will)

Hedges on Courier in an objective reasonable-sounding way, argues for a d1 no lynch which is rear end, and is overall overwritten giving himself an out/explanation to vote all other candidates before himself, which he doesn't really need.

However, I'm not sure if I believe both are scum, would be ballsy as hell to make that scumclaiming play if so.

Will bake on this and look forward to hearing from the people who haven't posted yet.

Dr. Hurt
Oct 23, 2010

Catch-up time:

KhyrosFinalCut posted:

Don't buy it. If this actually happened you'd have dueled someone else immediately to make him a candidate. You're trying to rally support for the idea without risking your neck first.

##duel Red Jaguars
##vote YPM

Okay so KFC flies off the handles here at an obvious joke (Opop did a good job of covering that in this post). The fact that he didn't throw a duel down on his partner is sort of obvious (unless you can actually duel your own team, can we do that? That'd be dumb) and it feels like he's grasping at straws to create legitimate reasons to throw down against the Muse. This is either some willingly dense town business or a scum play but I just don't know yet. Ardulac backing him has made me lean a bit more idiot town for now.

apostateCourier posted:

Hell, I'll back YPM's reasoning. ##vote KFC

This has been said by others, but this is some opportunistic "me too" voting to gain some town cred. Looks like scumbody is nervous about being one of four up to vote and wanted to end this as quickly as possible.

I like where Ardulac's head is at in his posts. Feel a town vibe on him. Like this

Ardulac posted:

For the record, I think doing something that is a memorable reference to a previous game where one was Town is more than a little Scummy. "See how I did the same thing I did as Town :hurr:"
is a good point and brought up something I hadn't thought about.

Chili posted:

Oh and Fry is almost positively town.

He, like me, hates being town, and when he gets town he has to try and be a jackass, like me, to have any fun.

So yeah, we're both town.
Hey guys I'm so totally towny and so is this guy, trust us because I said so okay? thnx bye~

Lynch list at the moment is Ac>KFC>YPM>Ard.

Dr. Hurt
Oct 23, 2010

Blue Barracorner

Tremendous Taste posted:

Taste you think I'm scum every game (which for a while was true). Maybe if you'd actually talk to me in the doc about your reasons I could convince you otherwise.

Tremendous Taste posted:

thanks for wasting our time then

##vote ypm
Your vote on YPM is basically as bad as KFC's. You are taking his joke way too seriously.

Tremendous Taste posted:

People make dumb jokes all the time, there's a reason it's called jokephase. Pull back for just a second and think about how you're making a mountain out of a jokehill.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CapitalistPig
Nov 3, 2005

A Winner is you!

Chili posted:

Actually, you're hardly trying, that was a pretty roundabout way of saying "gut read".

Anyhow, I'm absolutely giving reasoning. You don't have to agree with it, but what I'm saying about courier certainly is backed up by more than what you're saying about me.

Yes that " he's scummy look at this guy" case is top notch

• Locked thread