Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Ardulac
May 31, 2005

"There is a difference between fear and caution."

Dr. Hurt posted:

Taste you think I'm scum every game (which for a while was true). Maybe if you'd actually talk to me in the doc about your reasons I could convince you otherwise.
Everyone should be doing this as much as possible since it's a great way to catch Scum. It's harder to keep up appearances in real time than it is to keep them up in the thread.

Tremendous Taste posted:

oh btw Hurt's scum this game
So what makes you think Hurt is Scum? Use your words.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chili
Jan 23, 2004

college kids ain't shit

Fun Shoe

CapitalistPig posted:

Yes that " he's scummy look at this guy" case is top notch

I broke down a post and said why elements of it are scummy. What else would you have me do?

CapitalistPig
Nov 3, 2005

A Winner is you!

Chili posted:

I broke down a post and said why elements of it are scummy. What else would you have me do?

Not be scum.

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

Ardulac posted:

Everyone should be doing this as much as possible since it's a great way to catch Scum. It's harder to keep up appearances in real time than it is to keep them up in the thread.

So what makes you think Hurt is Scum? Use your words.

I'm not going to claim for you

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

Also hurt we don't have a doc what are you taking about

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

Tremendous Taste posted:

Also hurt we don't have a doc what are you taking about

Che ked PMs :v:

Your Personal Muse
Oct 5, 2010

what a cool dude

KhyrosFinalCut posted:

Okay, caught up. Ard's been engaged and critical in OOT. Def not voting him today.

Ard and Chili have made persuasive cases and I already mentioned that I didn't like courier's driveby vote that abdicated his reasoning to YPM.

I also, however really hate this post:

Hedges on Courier in an objective reasonable-sounding way, argues for a d1 no lynch which is rear end, and is overall overwritten giving himself an out/explanation to vote all other candidates before himself, which he doesn't really need.

However, I'm not sure if I believe both are scum, would be ballsy as hell to make that scumclaiming play if so.

Will bake on this and look forward to hearing from the people who haven't posted yet.

Two questions:
How did I hedge? I said he was town. And I'm not so sure that being objective and reasonable is a scum tell.

Also, how is a no lynch bad in this case (if we were able to do it)? If we think everyone involved is town, there would be literally no downside to no lynching.

The Ninth Layer
Jun 20, 2007

Okay after reading all of these wonderful posts I think I would vote for anybody that isn't Ard. KFC jumping on what looked like an early joke was stupid and something I would see scum doing; at the same time I dislike YPM's joke to begin with since it is basically inviting someone to challenge his team and vote up aC. Apostate himself was pretty happy to point out that the joke was all YPM's idea, basically passing the buck back onto YPM. So yeah I think they're all scummy, I'll save my vote until I've talked to my buddy about it.

zzyzx
Mar 2, 2004

Once we get mason stuff squared away, brilliance will happen.

Your Personal Muse
Oct 5, 2010

what a cool dude

zzyzx posted:

Once we get mason stuff squared away, brilliance will happen.

So who's the scum?

KhyrosFinalCut
Dec 16, 2004

Get it?

Your Personal Muse posted:

Two questions:
How did I hedge? I said he was town. And I'm not so sure that being objective and reasonable is a scum tell.

Also, how is a no lynch bad in this case (if we were able to do it)? If we think everyone involved is town, there would be literally no downside to no lynching.

You say you think courier is town, but then in your, as I said, overwritten summary of how you'll vote anyone else, you make a point of saying that you "can't deny he's done scummy things" -- that's a hedge and out to vote him.

No Lynches deprive the town of information AND the only kill that has a chance of hitting scum, generally, I didn't think it would be possible in this case anyway, but I concede that might not be not as bad as it would be if there was a nightkill. At the same time though, without a nightkill, it basically renders the day completely useless, so the lack of information is as bad/worse since we won't even have a town flip tomorrow if we were to NL today.

Philip J. Fry
Jan 3, 2009

What smells like blue?

KhyrosFinalCut posted:

You say you think courier is town, but then in your, as I said, overwritten summary of how you'll vote anyone else, you make a point of saying that you "can't deny he's done scummy things" -- that's a hedge and out to vote him.

No Lynches deprive the town of information AND the only kill that has a chance of hitting scum, generally, I didn't think it would be possible in this case anyway, but I concede that might not be not as bad as it would be if there was a nightkill. At the same time though, without a nightkill, it basically renders the day completely useless, so the lack of information is as bad/worse since we won't even have a town flip tomorrow if we were to NL today.

Speakin the truff

zzyzx
Mar 2, 2004

So who's the scum?

I don't see KFC, as town, genuinely thinking to himself, "Hah, I've got Muse caught in a lie" in that spot. So Muse says his buddy claimed scum out of the gate - maybe you raise an eyebrow and file it away for later, but it's certainly not a trap-sprung moment. KFC's been around long enough that it strikes me more as an attention grabber than a genuine suspicion. Your posting seems okay so far. Ardulac would be my second choice.

I'm really not sure why we're arguing about no lynches that aren't going to happen.

KhyrosFinalCut
Dec 16, 2004

Get it?

zzyzx posted:

I don't see KFC, as town, genuinely thinking to himself, "Hah, I've got Muse caught in a lie" in that spot. So Muse says his buddy claimed scum out of the gate - maybe you raise an eyebrow and file it away for later, but it's certainly not a trap-sprung moment. KFC's been around long enough that it strikes me more as an attention grabber than a genuine suspicion. Your posting seems okay so far. Ardulac would be my second choice.

I'm really not sure why we're arguing about no lynches that aren't going to happen.

For the latter, Ask YPM, who wanted an explanation as to why I thought him arguing towards an NL in his post was scummy.

For the former, If I'd had the context that this was a reference to a previous game I probably would not have pulled the trigger. At the time, I gamed it out -- if it was a just a scumclaiming joke, jokes about scumclaiming d1 are things scum do generally, and if it was serious he should have dueled someone/anyone to put the claimer on the block because of that.

Chili
Jan 23, 2004

college kids ain't shit

Fun Shoe
Holy crap guys, I just realized how long this day 1 is. We should probably not let it get to that point and just pretend that the day ends tonight.

And lynch courier, who is scum.

Philip J. Fry
Jan 3, 2009

What smells like blue?

Hey Chili, have you seen aC post anything of use since you called him out for being a scummy gently caress?

Cool, me neither.

Dr. Hurt
Oct 23, 2010

Just a general heads up. Tomorrow I'm going on a trip to Montreal so I won't be able to keep up with the thread as well. I'll try to get in and be active on my downtime though since i'm positive I'll have internet access.

Ardulac
May 31, 2005

"There is a difference between fear and caution."

Chili posted:

Holy crap guys, I just realized how long this day 1 is. We should probably not let it get to that point and just pretend that the day ends tonight.

And lynch courier, who is scum.
Agreed on all points. I'm going to be running my 13th Age campaign tonight, so I'm probably going to disappear in about 4 or 5 hours.

Philip J. Fry posted:

Hey Chili, have you seen aC post anything of use since you called him out for being a scummy gently caress?

Cool, me neither.
Yeah, I will be shocked if aC doesn't flip Scum at this point. I pretty much predicted this exact behavior from aC in my discussions with KFC.

Chili
Jan 23, 2004

college kids ain't shit

Fun Shoe
Seriously, this game will run the risk of being abandoned if we don't get a flip, soon. With no nightkills, we absolutely need more action/information.

If you are town, you have to be driving hard for the lynch hoop.

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

Chili posted:

Seriously, this game will run the risk of being abandoned if we don't get a flip, soon. With no nightkills, we absolutely need more action/information.

If you are town, you have to be driving hard for the lynch hoop.

:what:

Crazyeyes
Nov 5, 2009

If I were human, I believe my response would be: 'go to hell'.
I am seeing a lot of people talking about the length of the day being excessive. I just set it at something that felt reasonable for D1. Anyone who wants a deadline shift to Midnight tonight PM me directly. If enough people do so, I will make it happen.

votefinder
Jul 6, 2010

scoop scoop
Votecount for Day 1

KhyrosFinalCut (3): Opopanax, Philip J. Fry, Your Personal Muse, apostateCourier, Chili, Chili, Philip J. Fry
apostateCourier (3): CapitalistPig, Ardulac, Chili, Philip J. Fry, CapitalistPig
Your Personal Muse (2): KhyrosFinalCut, Tremendous Taste

Not Voting (4): CapitalistPig, Dr. Hurt, The Ninth Layer, zzyzx

With 12 alive, it's 7 votes to lynch. The current deadline is June 14th, 2014 at midnight EDT -- that's in about 1 day, 9 hours.

Your Personal Muse
Oct 5, 2010

what a cool dude
An update on apostate: nothing, he has not talked to me. I'm so lonely...

zzyzx
Mar 2, 2004

Crazyeyes posted:

I am seeing a lot of people talking about the length of the day being excessive. I just set it at something that felt reasonable for D1. Anyone who wants a deadline shift to Midnight tonight PM me directly. If enough people do so, I will make it happen.

Y'all have some short attention spans.

KhyrosFinalCut
Dec 16, 2004

Get it?
Especially with a short deadline possible, ##vote apostate courier for driveby vote as I argued, silly d1 posturing as per chili, ard's case, and self preservation.

Chili
Jan 23, 2004

college kids ain't shit

Fun Shoe

zzyzx posted:

Y'all have some short attention spans.

Call me paranoid, but I am right.

Without some kind of concrete information go off of (flips), people can only really say so much.

votefinder
Jul 6, 2010

scoop scoop
Votecount for Day 1

apostateCourier (4): CapitalistPig, Ardulac, Chili, Philip J. Fry, KhyrosFinalCut, CapitalistPig
KhyrosFinalCut (3): Opopanax, Philip J. Fry, Your Personal Muse, apostateCourier, Chili, Chili, Philip J. Fry
Your Personal Muse (1): KhyrosFinalCut, Tremendous Taste, KhyrosFinalCut

Not Voting (4): CapitalistPig, Dr. Hurt, The Ninth Layer, zzyzx

With 12 alive, it's 7 votes to lynch. The current deadline is June 13th, 2014 at midnight EDT -- that's in about 6 hours, 48 minutes.

Crazyeyes
Nov 5, 2009

If I were human, I believe my response would be: 'go to hell'.
The people have spoken! The day ends...TONIGHT!

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

Crazyeyes posted:

The people have spoken! The day ends...TONIGHT!

Realism in mafia

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

##vote ac

Chili
Jan 23, 2004

college kids ain't shit

Fun Shoe

You may not want to be in such a rush.

I think you're next.

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

Chili posted:

You may not want to be in such a rush.

I think you're next.

laughing irl at this

Your Personal Muse
Oct 5, 2010

what a cool dude
So unfortunately I'm at the point where my partner is still AWOL. KFC's jump on my thing is still super scummy, but the fact is he has been pretty decent since that point, while apostate has done the apostate thing and buckle under pressure. I'm not going to vote apostate just yet since I want to give him a chance to come back and redeem himself, but it makes me sad because I wanted to have a friend.

CapitalistPig
Nov 3, 2005

A Winner is you!
Well poo poo, ##vote ac

zzyzx
Mar 2, 2004

##vote KFC

zzyzx
Mar 2, 2004

I'd go for KFC or Ard. Not seeing it with aC.

The Ninth Layer
Jun 20, 2007

Horribly busy day. I'm phone posting from a 10 hr meeting :/

Your Personal Muse
Oct 5, 2010

what a cool dude

zzyzx posted:

I'd go for KFC or Ard. Not seeing it with aC.

Really? What with ard makes you think he's scum?

Philip J. Fry
Jan 3, 2009

What smells like blue?

Really? What with ard makes you think he's scum?

Probably nothing, he's just checking in so we know he's around. Ya know, like scum tend to do.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Your Personal Muse
Oct 5, 2010

what a cool dude
So I think we have 30 minutes until deadline. I feel like he isn't going to show up and convince us all he's town.

• Locked thread