Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Peanut President
Nov 5, 2008

by Athanatos
http://www.teamfortress.com/lecturevalley/
From 2013
Notice the "eighteen-dollar bread". "All I know is we got a barn full of the stuff and it doesn't seem to go bad or catch fire"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tamayachi
Sep 25, 2007

Did you think about it?

Yes. Yes you did.

The Kins posted:

There's been rumors and leaks (first person holding animations, for example) about "mutant bread" since last year. I think related to that 15 minute short animation Gabe mentioned at one point?

Last I recall, that animation has been pushed back because it was turning into an hour long movie of some sort.

The Kins
Oct 2, 2004

Tamayachi posted:

Last I recall, that animation has been pushed back because it was turning into an hour long movie of some sort.
McVee (the End of the Line guy) referenced something from that leak (a list of scratch VO filenames) on his Tumbls today:

I suspect that there's gonna be a whole lot of TF stuff this year.

Hugh G. Rectum
Mar 1, 2011

This update broke the huntsman again. It doesn't fire when you release mouse1 if you get knocked in the air after already drawing back. You have to release and click again. Very annoying.

awesmoe
Nov 30, 2005

Pillbug

Sudo Echo posted:

This update broke the huntsman again.
good

Altared State
Jan 14, 2006

I think I was born to burn
I think a lot of the new things may have to do with the moon map

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!

Sudo Echo posted:

This update broke the huntsman again. It doesn't fire when you release mouse1 if you get knocked in the air after already drawing back. You have to release and click again. Very annoying.

The bug is, however, an interesting way to get around the Huntsman's auto-fire if you hold down the mouse too long. As long as you're alright with moving slowly you can just waddle around with an arrow at full power forever until you click again.

RoadCrewWorker
Nov 19, 2007

camels aren't so great

Sudo Echo posted:

It doesn't fire
finally.

cock hero flux
Apr 17, 2011

Working as intended

KinkyJohn
Sep 19, 2002

The One (1) Bread Ration is pretty funny

Wugga
Oct 30, 2006

I BEAT MEAT
Are there any pvhud users around? I installed it quite some time back and I love how unintrusive it is, but there's a ctf-related issue I haven't been able to fix. Namely, whenever I pick up the enemy intelligence, the HUD simplifies to display only my team intel. Which would be perfectly fine if it wasn't for the fact it only shows its original spot and doesn't track it if an enemy picks it up.

Pics related:

Any clues on how to fix this?

cock hero flux
Apr 17, 2011

Wugga posted:

Are there any pvhud users around? I installed it quite some time back and I love how unintrusive it is, but there's a ctf-related issue I haven't been able to fix. Namely, whenever I pick up the enemy intelligence, the HUD simplifies to display only my team intel. Which would be perfectly fine if it wasn't for the fact it only shows its original spot and doesn't track it if an enemy picks it up.

Pics related:

Any clues on how to fix this?

The default HUD does that too.

Ariong
Jun 25, 2012

Get bashed, platonist!

Maybe it's to point you to where you should be taking it.

Zero!
Apr 13, 2011

You're gonna have to try a little harder than THAT.

The Kins posted:

Conditions (for addcond) 78, 79, 80, and 81 exist. I don't know what they do yet, but I'll figure out soon enough.

Addcond 79 seems to make the user only take damage from 10-20% of attacks, the rest doing no damage and making a "Miss" texture appear as if the user was under the effects of Bonk. Makes explosive jumping a pain as it doesn't actually affect you most of the time. You hardly ever take fall damage though!

Some dumb idiot
Jun 6, 2012

Step by step
Hop the mountain
Step by step
Hop the ocean
Step by step
Hop the rainbow
I'll be running

They've been hinting at the bread for a awfully long time. :tinfoil:

Baron von Eevl
Jan 24, 2005

WHITE NOISE
GENERATOR

🔊😴
I love when Valve does this ARG-ish poo poo. I mean, I can't call my wife up and start rambling about how they added bread and it's been there all along, but it does manage to get me excited about this game again. The Poopy Joe stuff, MvM, it's all a fun way to bring me back in.

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

Some reddit sperg made a list of all the bread references:

http://www.reddit.com/r/tf2/comments/27xb98/regarding_the_importance_of_bread_and_what_lies/

CuddleCryptid
Jan 11, 2013

Things could be going better

Valve never ceases to amaze. Over half a year of teasing? They really have their long game down.

Midnight Raider
Apr 26, 2010

The Kins posted:

A guy who helps maintain FrankenHUD went spelunking through the update code a bit.

quote:

Valve has REMOVED tf_flame_rocket. It was an unused Flamethrower altfire. It was overpowered. It was fun. I miss it already.

Now I'm really curious as to how this worked and what it looked like in action.

The Kins
Oct 2, 2004
From that thread's comments:

theragingpostcannon posted:

i actually visited Valve a while back and have seen what they are working on in regards to some... bread related things. I can't disclose anything due to NDA's, but trust me, you guys are in for a treat. Easily one of the best things to ever come to tf2.
It looks like we're in for a treat. A high-fiber treat.

Thanks Internet
May 27, 2012

This poster just flew all the way from Caketown just to make this post!

Now THAT'S desperate!

DreamShipWrecked posted:

Valve never ceases to amaze. Over half a year of teasing? They really have their long game down.

One of the talks from Steam Dev Days was about how they've managed to pull off all the ARGs so well. It's really cool how they approach it in a way that allows them to very simply create what seems like a vast conspiracy.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VIAkqYCw6aY

Cruel Rose
May 27, 2010

saaave gotham~
come on~
DO IT, BATMAN
FUCKING BATMAN I FUCKING HATE YOU
The game keeps crashing randomly for me as Engi after the update. :(

Magypsy
Apr 2, 2010

People call me Pine! (Pine!)
Eastern Venus Space Police.
If there's slime, (There's slime!)
Involved in a crime, (Bad crime!)
We'll clean them up on the beat! (The beat!)
Another Reddit sperg texture leak thing:

http://www.reddit.com/r/tf2/comments/27zgzr/bread_update_textures_leak/

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

Death Clock huh?

Either someone at Valve likes metal or the spy is getting a new watch.

pisshead
Oct 24, 2007

CJacobs posted:

Seems like it's being changed to be Dark Souls style, where you hit a button to bring up a quick-menu of the actions you can do, then you pick one and it does the action after the menu goes away.

Or like the spy disguise menu?

QwertySanchez
Jun 19, 2009

a wacky guy
maybe the pyro gets the cinnamon/raisin bread because spirals and pyro land and the toast isn't toast but bread with vegemite on?

I'm just throwing out an idea, I think it's toast, drat tasty looking toast too. I want toast now.

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!

pisshead posted:

Or like the spy disguise menu?

Yeah.

Bukowski
Dec 28, 2009

hammulder
Tf2, the premiere bread and hat simulator

Fishbus
Aug 30, 2006

"Stuck in an RPG Pro-Tour"

I love it, i think the tf team literally went "what stupid poo poo do people go nuts for more than hats"

loving bread. Of course, it's so simple when you think about it.

CuddleCryptid
Jan 11, 2013

Things could be going better

Fishbus posted:

I love it, i think the tf team literally went "what stupid poo poo do people go nuts for more than hats"

loving bread. Of course, it's so simple when you think about it.

Average TF2 player, apparently

Sanctum
Feb 14, 2005

Property was their religion
A church for one
I am so loving pissed they removed tauntsliding by default. There is nothing that can't be made cooler by doing it while tauntsliding.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nRhBWKYaddg&hd=1

Tauntsliding is style. You can tauntslide with the pistol as scout then move backwards to moonwalk like michael jackson. And don't even get me started on how baller the demo looks while tauntsliding.

Uncle Enzo
Apr 28, 2008

I always wanted to be a Wizard
:siren:GAME BREAKING BUG:siren:

Critical Priority:

Demo:

-Bottle does not break on critical hit

QwertySanchez
Jun 19, 2009

a wacky guy
It still gets me, how old is this game and people don't grasp the concept that standing on a point stops an enemy capturing it? That's friggin crucial on maps like Badlands where the last points get capped so fast. I'm watching my team's scout running around in a fire fight with a spy who walks onto the last control point, and captures it while the scout is 12 feet away dodging and diving and shooting the walls.

Tamayachi
Sep 25, 2007

Did you think about it?

Yes. Yes you did.

Midnight Raider posted:

Now I'm really curious as to how this worked and what it looked like in action.

I'm guessing it would have been similar to the pyro in TFC who had flame rockets, which functioned more or less like the fully charged Cow Mangler shot.

Tamayachi fucked around with this message at 00:14 on Jun 13, 2014

Belasarius
Feb 27, 2002
that is clearly cinnamon french toast and therefore the spy's bread.

SkySteak
Sep 9, 2010
Not to be say it is overpowered but do any of you think the Reserve Shooter just a bit *too* good at what it does? It feels brutally effective against Scouts and flying enemies. I understand that is the point but it doesn't require the precision aim of the Flare Gun, and its main drawback (shell capacity) has been lessened a bit.

Still, it has one of the best firing sounds in the game.

the holy poopacy
May 16, 2009

hey! check this out
Fun Shoe

Tamayachi posted:

I'm guessing it would have been similar to the pyro in TFC who had flame rockets, which functioned more or less like the fully charged Cow Mangler shot.

Minus the part where they did any appreciable damage.

Dr. Dos
Aug 5, 2005

YAAAAAAAY!

Uncle Enzo posted:

:siren:GAME BREAKING BUG:siren:

Critical Priority:

Demo:

-Bottle does not break on critical hit

I found my own bug...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X4kCdB5q6xc

We were pushing the first point on Upward when suddenly the last point exploded and the cart turned invisible, but that didn't stop us. (Skip the first minute, nothing interesting happens until sometime after I go Scout, I need a not poo poo video editor that won't gently caress everything up when I do something as basic as cutting a chunk out of the video)

SithDrummer
Jun 8, 2005
Hi Rocky!

Zero! posted:

In August, two of the top North American 6s teams and the best Australian 6s team are flying over to England to compete at i52, TF2's only annual international tournament. In order to drum up hype for the event, Beater is making a load of frag movies featuring the best players of the game and some of their highlights from the last four years of competitive TF2 at the highest level.

Here's the first one, featuring the greatest North American demoman of all time, b4nny.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XuJen9vWKZo&hd=1
What is the map from 2:05 to 2:20?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jimbone Tallshanks
Dec 16, 2005

You can't pull rank on murder.

Apparently people can just sit on your MvM game without picking a class but still taking up a slot? And you can't even kick them.

• Locked thread