Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Zero!
Apr 13, 2011

You're gonna have to try a little harder than THAT.

SithDrummer posted:

What is the map from 2:05 to 2:20?

It's an old version of cp_metalworks.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CuddleCryptid
Jan 11, 2013

Things could be going better

I know I'm throwing pennies before rich men but I unboxed my first unusual today and I'm pretty geeked. Tyrant's Helm with Terror-Watt effect. Gonna be great for Halloween

Baron von Eevl
Jan 24, 2005

WHITE NOISE
GENERATOR

🔊😴

DreamShipWrecked posted:

I know I'm throwing pennies before rich men but I unboxed my first unusual today and I'm pretty geeked. Tyrant's Helm with Terror-Watt effect. Gonna be great for Halloween

Be proud of that, it's a great hat. Don't be proud of the way you're taking screencaps instead of blocking the cap at your last. Be ashamed of that.

CuddleCryptid
Jan 11, 2013

Things could be going better

Baron von Eevl posted:

Be proud of that, it's a great hat. Don't be proud of the way you're taking screencaps instead of blocking the cap at your last. Be ashamed of that.

Eh, we were getting completely rolled anyways. I was topping the scoreboard but the opposite team was coordinated enough to be constantly pushing ubers. After a couple rounds I just gave up and took a couple photos instead of going all Lays of Ancient Rome for five seconds. The photos were taken at the start of the game and only took the length of two Schadenfreude taunts to do, if that gives context.

off-key indie nonsense
Apr 22, 2010

It's good knowin' he's out there. The Dude. Takin' 'er easy for all us cybersinners.

Dr. Dos posted:

I found my own bug...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X4kCdB5q6xc

We were pushing the first point on Upward when suddenly the last point exploded and the cart turned invisible, but that didn't stop us. (Skip the first minute, nothing interesting happens until sometime after I go Scout, I need a not poo poo video editor that won't gently caress everything up when I do something as basic as cutting a chunk out of the video)

I love this video just to see someone else do a poor rocket jump and follow it up with the negative voice emote.

verbal enema
May 23, 2009

onlymarfans.com

Jimbone Tallshanks posted:

Apparently people can just sit on your MvM game without picking a class but still taking up a slot? And you can't even kick them.

I loving haaaate this poo poo.

the holy poopacy
May 16, 2009

hey! check this out
Fun Shoe

I like the cut of your jib.

At first I would've just thought this was a client-side display bug, until you captured 3rd and the round abruptly ended.

RoadCrewWorker
Nov 19, 2007

camels aren't so great
So today i stumbled on someone on a pubby server who had an unusual, and professional killstreak australium hale's own weapons for every class they played (at least 5 i saw). However they played like they were using a gamepad, had no idea where to go on maps, and just camped out of the way dead ends for the entire round. Just someone lending his monster $3k worth account to his kid, some hat baron with cheat-farmed weapons testing out a new computer, or something else?

Also saw someone using what looked like a hale's own pro killstreak golden pan on a valve 2fort server. Is there a way to glitch/fake those or did they become more common these days?

8 Ball
Nov 27, 2010

My hands are all messed up so you better post, brother.

RoadCrewWorker posted:

Also saw someone using what looked like a hale's own pro killstreak golden pan on a valve 2fort server. Is there a way to glitch/fake those or did they become more common these days?
Idle server + lots of free time - spirit of the game = farmed Strange weapons

RPATDO_LAMD
Mar 22, 2013

🐘🪠🍆
Well yeah, they're constantly becoming more common (albeit at a very slow rate). More golden pans are always dropping, and it's not like the old ones are getting deleted.

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!

8 Ball posted:

Idle server + lots of free time - spirit of the game = farmed Strange weapons

Which in turn equals 'dumb rear end in a top hat you shouldn't play with'. People who farm their strange weapons just to up their kill count under the mindset of "I MUST HAVE THE HIGHEST NUMBER!!" are idiots who don't understand that the entire point of strange weapons is to track kills you have earned in actual gameplay.

Laputanmachine
Oct 31, 2010

by Smythe
Also all golden pans come with a pro killstreak already attached.

Wugga
Oct 30, 2006

I BEAT MEAT

cock hero flux posted:

The default HUD does that too.

The default HUD had two indicators, one of which tracked your own intel if an enemy was carrying it. Whether or not you were carrying theirs.

Or I've spent 1400 hours with the normal HUD just imagining it does that.

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

end of the 4.5 tatami age

My condolences to anyone who's played enough CTF to know how the indicators work

cock hero flux
Apr 17, 2011

Wugga posted:

Or I've spent 1400 hours with the normal HUD just imagining it does that.
You have, as soon as you pick up the enemy intel both indicators are replaced with one pointing towards where you're supposed to drop the intel off.

Solumin
Jan 11, 2013

Jumping has a new meta https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JhFxIQIkSQM

SithDrummer
Jun 8, 2005
Hi Rocky!

Zero! posted:

It's an old version of cp_metalworks.
Cool, thanks. Haven't done comp TF2 in forever, so I must have missed that one.

awesmoe
Nov 30, 2005

Pillbug

oddium posted:

My condolences to anyone who's played enough CTF to know how the indicators work

The euros put a ctf map back into their comp rotation. They crazy.

Tamayachi
Sep 25, 2007

Did you think about it?

Yes. Yes you did.

I love this :allears:

Zero!
Apr 13, 2011

You're gonna have to try a little harder than THAT.

awesmoe posted:

The euros put a ctf map back into their comp rotation. They crazy.

Surprisingly, it's actually made for some pretty good matches too. As a bonus, we can force the teams flying over for i52 to play a CTF map at LAN that they haven't opened in years for some easy rounds. :twisted:

awesmoe
Nov 30, 2005

Pillbug

Zero! posted:

Surprisingly, it's actually made for some pretty good matches too. As a bonus, we can force the teams flying over for i52 to play a CTF map at LAN that they haven't opened in years for some easy rounds. :twisted:

It is cool, but also harder to follow from a stream because the action is split more often.
i52 is also going to be interesting, looking forward to watching it.

GameboyHero
Apr 11, 2010

Zero and I have been trying to setup another maptest for freight. I'm gonna try one tonight (maybe like for an hour) then do another tomorrow around 5-7 cst. Both sides now have the changes instead of just blu.

You can join through here. And we done for tonight! Thanks to those who came on and helped out. We'll be doing one more tomorrow. Time is listed above. Memories....

GameboyHero fucked around with this message at 03:13 on Jun 14, 2014

Dr. Dos
Aug 5, 2005

YAAAAAAAY!
Oh no, by fixing reflected black box rockets not giving the pyro health, they unfixed reflect kills counting towards killstreaks!

Othin
Nov 20, 2002

Hair Elf
What is crafting in TF2 even about now? Like before you would work up to refined to try and craft hats, but now that's most likely a losing proposition because of how cheap most hats are. I guess you could try it right after a content patch hoping to get a low craft # but even then its a crapshoot. You could also try to craft new weapons, but with all of the trade sites it's way easier to get them that way (plus the recipes are way too expensive IMO). What should I do with all the metal now? Invest in keys? The price has been going up, but will the market eventually dive? Work towards more buds?

The economy has always been weird but now it just seems like a waste of time.

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
It basically is. The only crafting that is actually worth your time anymore is crafting weapons into metal, which you can then use to just buy whatever you want instead of wasting MORE time/materials crafting it yourself.

Nativity In Black
Oct 24, 2012

If you're gonna have roads, you're gonna have roadkill.
I still come back to this game time after time and it still sucks popping on a random server and having 3 snipers on your team. Am I the only person on the planet who doesn't like playing sniper/spy?

A shrubbery!
Jan 16, 2009
I LOOK DOWN ON MY REAL LIFE FRIENDS BECAUSE OF THEIR VIDEO GAME PURCHASING DECISIONS.

I'M THAT MUCH OF AN INSUFFERABLE SPERGLORD

Nativity In Black posted:

I still come back to this game time after time and it still sucks popping on a random server and having 3 snipers on your team. Am I the only person on the planet who doesn't like playing sniper/spy?

New/bad players like those classes because with sniper you can keep out of the actual fighting and with spy you can use the dead ringer and most pub players don't care enough to actually kill you.

CoolCab
Apr 17, 2005

glem
I maybe have 10 hours between them, and I've played multiple thousand. I don't even have anything bound to the spy buttons at the moment.

LogisticEarth
Mar 28, 2004

Someone once told me, "Time is a flat circle".
Spy can be really fun to play if you get into a groove. The only problem is that on pubs you'll find yourself as Spy #4 and then you start feeling like you're contributing to the problem.

What has been up with Valve servers lately? It seems like nearly every one has a majority of players with 200+ ping.

CoolCab
Apr 17, 2005

glem

LogisticEarth posted:

Spy can be really fun to play if you get into a groove. The only problem is that on pubs you'll find yourself as Spy #4 and then you start feeling like you're contributing to the problem.

What has been up with Valve servers lately? It seems like nearly every one has a majority of players with 200+ ping.

Neither of them suit how I play at all, which is ''be crazy aggressive and depend on the element of surprise and your class abilities to harass and score kills''. This means I love playing Demo, Scout and Pyro, enjoy playing QF Medic and GS Engineer and am okay at Soldier (you shoot feet). Spies and Snipers are the only classes you're not threatened at all to meet in a hallway somewhere (a Medic without a buddy/battle Medic is not threatening no matter where you encounter them) and that's one of the qualities I enjoy most in TF2.

Magypsy
Apr 2, 2010

People call me Pine! (Pine!)
Eastern Venus Space Police.
If there's slime, (There's slime!)
Involved in a crime, (Bad crime!)
We'll clean them up on the beat! (The beat!)
Some guy on Facepunch has dug around iun the game's files some more and found some more attributes:

quote:

In addition, the following are new UserMessages, both of size 3, indices 51 and 52 (if you don't know what it is, I can't really explain it properly):
RDTeamScoreBar, RDTeamScoreIntel
Relevant: tf_logic_robot_destruction.cpp, as testinglol pointed out. Also tf_robot_destruction_robot.cpp.

Also ubercharge_ammo and ubercharge_transfer. A weapon with the "ubercharge_ammo" attribute will, upon firing, lose that amount of Uber from the player's Medigun. If the weapon also has ubercharge_transfer, and if you fire at another Medic, they gain (ubercharge_ammo value) * (ubercharge_transfer value). Only works if your uber percentage is above the ubercharge_ammo limit.
...FUN TIMES.

back_headshot does as advertised, but only for tf_weapon_scout_pistol_secondary (the Scout pistol unlocks): shots from behind that hit the head are crits.

mod_flamethrower_spinup_time does as advertised, though to the client (because of clientside prediction and the way I'm accessing these attributes) it appears as if you're still firing even though you're not actually firing until the time specified by the attribute elapses after pressing attack. However, the sound you hear for the flamethrower sounds a bit empty until you start actually firing; it's hard to describe, but it adds the "roasting" sound effect, I guess, when the fire actually starts emitting.

sniper_crit_no_scope seems to be for the new Sniper rifle.
Zooming for CTFSniperRifleClassic is very interesting:
When you first zoom in, you aren't slowed down and you don't have a sniper dot (but it seems like you also cannot fire). However, after a certain amount of time spent zoomed, you slow down and gain the sniper dot, and can fire (if you're not in midair); I think Valve will also add the zoom penalty to it so that it has no FOV change on zoom either, and here's why:
Valve presumably added the sniper_crit_no_scope attribute because typically the "can this sniper crit" check looks at, among other things, your FOV being less than your default FOV, and having this attribute allows you to bypass that check. Zooming just adds the scope overlay, without actually zooming in. testinglol's already posted the aforementioned scope overlay.

quote:

It looks like the tf_weapon_throwable (bread) weapon slots are: secondary for every class except Medic, who gains it as primary, and Spy, who actually doesn't appear to gain it at all.

In addition, the tf_weapon_parachute weapon slots are secondary for Soldier and primary for Demoman. There's code in here that does have it for Demoman. Once again: FUN TIMES.

I got this info from the weapon ent translation list, which takes a given classname from schema (e.g. tf_weapon_shotgun) and turns it into the actual entity classname used for a particular class (tf_weapon_shotgun_primary, etc.). For both tf_weapon_parachute and tf_weapon_throwable, there's _secondary and _primary as well, and they're mapped to the classes as I described above.
Those Medic and Scout weapons make me think that they might be for the [url=http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=13093Grordbort[/url] weapon sets that were teased a while back.

El Burbo
Oct 10, 2012

Oh boy the demo also gets the parachute. I can't wait for this update.

Alpha Kenny Juan
Apr 11, 2007

the wildest rear end posted:

Oh boy the demo also gets the parachute. I can't wait for this update.

:stare:

Wow... Decisions, decisions. I love my jumper, but grenade death from above is tempting.

BlueDestiny
Jun 18, 2011

Mega deal with it

Team Fortress 2 - "They want bread? Let them eat hats!"

El Burbo
Oct 10, 2012

Alpha Kenny Juan posted:

:stare:

Wow... Decisions, decisions. I love my jumper, but grenade death from above is tempting.

If that big list of attributes is correct, the parachute will go in the demo'a primary slot

Baron von Eevl
Jan 24, 2005

WHITE NOISE
GENERATOR

🔊😴
Well, I would hope so. It would be pretty useless if it replaced the sticky launcher.

pisshead
Oct 24, 2007

LogisticEarth posted:

That's the problem with playing spy. On a community server you just get destroyed, they fire a salvo at anyone suspected of spying, no chance to even uninvis. On valve servers, you're the sixth spy and can stab anyone and sap everything with no challenge.

quote:

They must have closed down the US servers or used them for dota because the European servers are full of Americans now.

Alpha Kenny Juan
Apr 11, 2007

the wildest rear end posted:

If that big list of attributes is correct, the parachute will go in the demo'a primary slot

Parachute-Jumper-Caber :getin:

But adding stickies to take down nests would be just as fun.

Red Bones
Aug 9, 2012

"I think he's a bad enough person to stay ghost through his sheer love of child-killing."

I hope they do some more weapon revamping before these new weapons come out. Changing lovely weapons nobody used was a smart idea and I hope they finish the job, there are still plenty of equips that need a do-over.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tamayachi
Sep 25, 2007

Did you think about it?

Yes. Yes you did.
Got my first Australium Weapon upon completion of tour 14 :toot:

Now to trawl the trading servers to trade it for a minigun...

• Locked thread