Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
votefinder
Jul 6, 2010

scoop scoop
Votecount for Day 1

apostateCourier (5): CapitalistPig, Ardulac, Chili, Philip J. Fry, KhyrosFinalCut, Tremendous Taste, CapitalistPig, CapitalistPig, CapitalistPig
KhyrosFinalCut (4): Opopanax, Philip J. Fry, Your Personal Muse, apostateCourier, Chili, Chili, Philip J. Fry, zzyzx
Your Personal Muse (0): KhyrosFinalCut, Tremendous Taste, KhyrosFinalCut, Tremendous Taste

Not Voting (3): CapitalistPig, Dr. Hurt, The Ninth Layer

With 12 alive, it's 7 votes to lynch. The current deadline is June 13th, 2014 at midnight EDT -- that's in about 26 minutes.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

To me, my Pig! I think KFC is scum and I am nearly never wrong. Especially not when I have actual reasons

zzyzx
Mar 2, 2004

The Ninth Layer posted:

Horribly busy day. I'm phone posting from a 10 hr meeting :/

Come vote KFC! :patriot:

Your Personal Muse
Oct 5, 2010

what a cool dude
Man Apostate is a busta ##vote Apostate

CapitalistPig
Nov 3, 2005

A Winner is you!

Opopanax posted:

To me, my Pig! I think KFC is scum and I am nearly never wrong. Especially not when I have actual reasons

Sorry I was at work late. :(

Crazyeyes
Nov 5, 2009

If I were human, I believe my response would be: 'go to hell'.
It is decided that a single pairing will attempt the swim across and secure ropes for the others to cross by, thereby reducing risk to the group as a whole.

The Green Monkeys are chosen. They seem the most confident in their ability to cross. They are tall and broad, likely excellent swimmers. Surely they will make it across unscathed.

“Just a moment!” Your Personal Muse exclaims, pushing to the front. “My pair will go as well. The waters are deep and treacherous. Who knows what may lurk in them? Two teams, two ropes. all the better the odds of crossing.”

"So be it," chortles Ardulac, "Let us see who can make it across first!"

They make their way to the riverbank and begin wading in, suppressing shivers at the chill of the water. Soon the river is at their waist, then chest, then neck. The Green Monkeys set in to a casual, but strong stroke and are making good headway across, quickly gaining distance on the Red Jaguars.

Your Personal Muse and Apostate Courier are swimming hard and making steady, albeit slower progress. When they are just at the mid point of their crossing, however, Apostate suddenly stops. As you look on from shore, you can make him out to be shouting something, though you cannot hear what, and like a flash Apostate begins to wildly grab and claw at YPM, forcing him under the surface of the water.

As you watch the thrashing pair writhing in the water the Green Monkeys make landfall at the far side and secure their ropes. They turn to motion the rest of the group to begin the crossing and see the bedlam unfolding between the Jaguars. KhyrosFinalCut, quick as a whip, reaches down and grabs a stone from the river, and sends it flying from his sling, taking Apostate Courier directly in the temple with a resounding crack.

Apostate immediately goes limp, the body slowly drifting away. YPM at last is able to break the surface, gasping for air. Ardulac throws him a line and draws him in before he is washed away.

Some time later that day after the party had successfully crossed, you all sit down to discuss the events if the crossing.

"I thought I heard Apostate shout something just before he snapped, but I couldn't make it out."one if you says to the agreement if several others. "What did he say to you?"

"He said 'We cannot let you succeed'" YPM whispers. "He said the guardian's will stop us."

A deathly silence falls over the group.

"Let us see them try..."

Apostate Courier, Temple Guardian , drowned in the moat on Day 1!

It is now Day 2!

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Oh. Well ok then.

Chili
Jan 23, 2004

college kids ain't shit

Fun Shoe
Yep yep.

Tremendous Taste is my next hunch. Any others?

Chili
Jan 23, 2004

college kids ain't shit

Fun Shoe
As I'm feeling pretty confident that Fry is town, I'd rather not be apart of the next challenge, my dream duel for today would be the Green Monkeys and the Blue Barracudas.

Ardulac
May 31, 2005

"There is a difference between fear and caution."

Chili posted:

As I'm feeling pretty confident that Fry is town, I'd rather not be apart of the next challenge, my dream duel for today would be the Green Monkeys and the Blue Barracudas.
Why us again? We just caught a Scum. Do you think KFC is Scum and challenged a team with another Scum member for WIFOM or do you think I'm Scum?

KhyrosFinalCut
Dec 16, 2004

Get it?

Crazyeyes posted:

Apostate Courier, Temple Guardian , drowned in the moat on Day 1!

Well, not what I was initially after, but I'll take it!

Given that YPMs joke had context other than "Scumclaiming, HURR" rationally I know it is less likely he would draw that kind of attention to his team if they're both scum.

However, gut/surface readwise, I'm having trouble not parsing his train of thought as initial defense when I was a more likely lynch, then turning into wholly reasonable bus, with apostate disappearing.

Chili posted:

Yep yep.

Tremendous Taste is my next hunch. Any others?

Can you expand on this?

Chili
Jan 23, 2004

college kids ain't shit

Fun Shoe
Oh, right. That is how that works.

I can be dumb sometimes.

I thought KFC was scum, but didn't really bother to think out the whole thing.

Eh, he's probably still scum and just pulling a fast one.

Whatever.

Chili
Jan 23, 2004

college kids ain't shit

Fun Shoe

KhyrosFinalCut posted:

Can you expand on this?

For starters, go try and find any comment from him on AC. Can't really find much, but lo and behold, he votes him anyway.

KhyrosFinalCut
Dec 16, 2004

Get it?

Chili posted:

For starters, go try and find any comment from him on AC. Can't really find much, but lo and behold, he votes him anyway.

He called out the bandwagon on me for the trash that it was and I was the other candidate. His play has been lazy and yeah could be a bus, but I'ma need a little more than that.

The Ninth Layer
Jun 20, 2007

zzyzx posted:

Come vote KFC! :patriot:

10 hr meeting turned into an 8 hr bar night where I didn't pay for anything XD Hit me up later let's hash some game out.

I'd have to reread things but seeing the aC's flip doesn't really change my reading of yesterday except now I think that YPM is a lot less scummy for his joke. I have trouble thinking scum would want to make a joke about their buddy scumclaiming in a setup like this.

I think KFC's challenge looks scummier in retrospect and I could see it being a quick-draw reaction to get a jump on YPM before the scumclaim joke picked up any traction.

Chili
Jan 23, 2004

college kids ain't shit

Fun Shoe

KhyrosFinalCut posted:

He called out the bandwagon on me for the trash that it was and I was the other candidate. His play has been lazy and yeah could be a bus, but I'ma need a little more than that.

Well now I ain't going to give you poo poo, cause I'm pretty sure you're scum. I stand by my initial assertion Blue vs Green.

Philip J. Fry
Jan 3, 2009

What smells like blue?

I can see KFC being scum purely by content, but the fact that he made the challenge goes against that. As scum, would he really create a 50% (or more) chance of scum getting lynched on day 1 without even a second thoughts? Seems pretty unlikely to me.

Ardulac
May 31, 2005

Chili posted:

Oh, right. That is how that works.

I can be dumb sometimes.

I thought KFC was scum, but didn't really bother to think out the whole thing.

Eh, he's probably still scum and just pulling a fast one.

Whatever.

Chili posted:

I stand by my initial assertion Blue vs Green.
I like how you incorporated literally no new information into your decision after realizing aC's flip was the exact opposite of what you originally believed it to be.

Philip J. Fry
Jan 3, 2009

What smells like blue?

Ardulac posted:

I like how you incorporated literally no new information into your decision after realizing aC's flip was the exact opposite of what you originally believed it to be.

Uh.... what?

Chili
Jan 23, 2004

college kids ain't shit

Fun Shoe

Philip J. Fry posted:

Uh.... what?

Don't listen to him, he's probably drunk.

Ardulac
May 31, 2005

Philip J. Fry posted:

Uh.... what?
It seemed like he thought aC flipped Town and didn't realize he was Scum until I pointed it out, but then he stuck to the same suggested teams anyway. Please let me know if I misunderstood.

CapitalistPig
Nov 3, 2005

A Winner is you!
I still think Chili might be scum but its nothing but gut right now.

I also feel like KFC might be trying to pull something because he is sneaky like that.

Sorry but thats really all I have right now.

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Ardulac posted:

It seemed like he thought aC flipped Town and didn't realize he was Scum until I pointed it out, but then he stuck to the same suggested teams anyway. Please let me know if I misunderstood.

Do you think Chili is scum?

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

Opopanax posted:

maybe it's just omgus on my part but the way he seems to be trying to put on a team captain shtick despite not really having a solid logical breakdown bothers me

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

I'm asking ard

Chili
Jan 23, 2004

college kids ain't shit

Fun Shoe

Ardulac posted:

Oh, you're thinking that my confusion post on KFC meant that I though ac was town. No, I didn't misread the flip, I simply overlooked the very obvious point that KFC would have, as scum, challenged a team he knew had scum on it. That is what gave me pause then.

It's giving me less pause now.

Hence, I still want KFC's rear end on the line.

Chili
Jan 23, 2004

college kids ain't shit

Fun Shoe

Tremendous Taste posted:

maybe it's just omgus on my part but the way he seems to be trying to put on a team captain shtick despite not really having a solid logical breakdown bothers me

Solid Logical Breakdown? What the gently caress kind of game do you think we're playing?

There's no high level thinking here, it's not like we're playing Hungry Hungry Hippos. I'm just shooting from the hip, being a prick about it, and, so far, being right.

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

Chili posted:

Solid Logical Breakdown? What the gently caress kind of game do you think we're playing?

There's no high level thinking here, it's not like we're playing Hungry Hungry Hippos. I'm just shooting from the hip, being a prick about it, and, so far, being right.

I mean it's fine if you want to play on gut but I wouldn't try to coordinate the town in that fashion

Chili
Jan 23, 2004

college kids ain't shit

Fun Shoe
You're the one calling me captain.

Philip J. Fry
Jan 3, 2009

What smells like blue?

Someone explain to me why creating and leading the charge on a flipped scum doesn't give chili at least a bit of town cred.

Ard, pig, and taste you're all calling him scum out of, more or less, gut feels and completely ignoring that fact. There's scum amongst you I just don't know who yet.

Your Personal Muse
Oct 5, 2010

what a cool dude
I still think KFC is scum. It would make sense if he panicked if he thought apostate actually scumclaimed and chqllenged us to save apostate by calling me a liar (although this has problems for him when I flip town)

Philip J. Fry
Jan 3, 2009

What smells like blue?

And I agree that the green monkeys need to be in the next challenge.

Your Personal Muse
Oct 5, 2010

what a cool dude
Oh and apostate,

Is your monitor catching fire :smuggo:

Ardulac
May 31, 2005

Opopanax posted:

Before Chili explained the misunderstanding, there was a little :tinfoil: part of me that thought he might be Scum but it would have required him to be faking misunderstanding. Now that that whole situation has been explained he's not my top pick for Scum, but I wouldn't be shocked if he was Scum either. For some context, I'd be more likely to vote Fry than Chili at this point.

Philip J. Fry posted:

And I agree that the green monkeys need to be in the next challenge.
Can you articulate why?

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

Chili posted:

You're the one calling me captain.

As you exhibit those behaviors

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

So Ard, you believe that Chili, as scum, thought that AC flipped town, and genuinely didn't read the flip and just forgot who his team-mate was?

Chili
Jan 23, 2004

college kids ain't shit

Fun Shoe

Tremendous Taste posted:

As you exhibit those behaviors

Expressing my hopes for who to see in the duel seems to be pretty worthwhile and not dragging the thread around by its hair. I think our best bet for finding scum is going to come from the two teams I have currently mentioned. Thus, I want them in the duel. Not a big deal really. I'm sure you have your druthers on which teams you want to see in the hotseat, as does any cogent player.

And Opop, that bit of ignorance is, in all honesty, townie points for Ard. I don't really see scum making those sorts of crazy leaps to prove an otherwise dumb point.

Ardulac
May 31, 2005

Opopanax posted:

So Ard, you believe that Chili, as scum, thought that AC flipped town, and genuinely didn't read the flip and just forgot who his team-mate was?
No.

I thought he could have been pretending that he didn't realize aC was flip to convince people he couldn't be Scum. Like I said, it was :tinfoil: and apparently I was misreading him.

zzyzx
Mar 2, 2004

I'm headed out of town this morning for a thing, but should be back tomorrow afternoon/evening.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chili
Jan 23, 2004

college kids ain't shit

Fun Shoe
Alright gently caress it, game is lagging.

Sorry for stealing your thunder Fry (he wanted to do this earlier)

##challenge Blue Barracudas

##vote Tremendous Taste

• Locked thread