Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

Who knows with wrestlers. It is uncommon for a joke to become serious with them. The Bret v Shawn documentary basically said everything that happened post Wrestlemania 12 was a work that became a shoot because of mystery. They can easily lose sight of the joke.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

Spikeguy posted:

Who knows with wrestlers. It is uncommon for a joke to become serious with them. The Bret v Shawn documentary basically said everything that happened post Wrestlemania 12 was a work that became a shoot because of mystery. They can easily lose sight of the joke.

I don't think there's much mystery to that one, actually. Bret was always kind of a humorless curmudgeon and Shawn was so whacked out of his mind on drugs that he probably couldn't tell the difference between work and shoot.

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

Agreed. I'd only go further saying that you never know when wrestlers are going to take something too seriously. See also: Russo work-shoot on Hogan that turned into a shoot-shoot.

Shoot.

Sir Jebus
Feb 9, 2010

The only hero left for man is weed.

Spikeguy posted:

Agreed. I'd only go further saying that you never know when wrestlers are going to take something too seriously. See also: Russo work-shoot on Hogan that turned into a shoot-shoot.

Shoot.

Cabbit
Jul 19, 2001

Is that everything you have?

I feel like I just read a Steinermath word problem.

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames
How much work could a worked shoot work if a worked shoot could shoot works -HH

Shima Honnou
Dec 1, 2010

The Once And Future King Of Dicetroit

College Slice
At best 25%, but you add shoots to the mix? Chances of marking drastically go down.

Fsmhunk
Jul 19, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
How the hell does Hogan not know how to spell jabroni?

Gonzo McFee
Jun 19, 2010

Fsmhunk posted:

How the hell does Hogan not know how to spell jabroni?

It's a shoot against My Little Pony.

maniacripper
May 3, 2009
STANNIS BURNS SHIREEN
HIZDAR IS THE HARPY
JON GETS STABBED TO DEATH
DANY FLIES OFF ON DROGON

Gonzo McFee posted:

It's a shoot against My Little Pony.

My Little Jabrony

Jabrony.

brony....

poo poo.

DannoMack
Aug 1, 2003

i love it when you call me big poppa

Atticus Finch posted:

Henry explained himself and explained he was upset at the publicness of Curt's tweet. He tweeted publicly as well so everybody could see the explanation. Don't see how Henry is the dick here.

Probably the part where he told him he was going to come to his house to beat him up.

Memento
Aug 25, 2009

Bleak Gremlin

DannoMack posted:

Probably the part where he told him he was going to come to his house to beat him up.

Exactly. When you're no longer working with someone, cool-guy wrestling trash talk becomes threatening a home invasion.

Mob
May 7, 2002

Me reading your posts

Don't cramp up your hands too much clutching those pearls, fellas.

DannoMack
Aug 1, 2003

no you're right fighting someone irl for words on the internet isn't a dick move

Mob
May 7, 2002

Me reading your posts

Let me know when that happens

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Mob posted:

Let me know when that happens
right now homie

come get some

rats
Oct 20, 2012

DannoMack posted:

no you're right fighting someone irl for words on the internet isn't a dick move

And yet your post suggests you don't understand the difference between these two things?

DannoMack
Aug 1, 2003

Lol that dude said he didn't see where Henry was a dick and paraphrased what he said while leaving out the part that was clearly the thing that everyone thought made Henry a dick but I understand it's often hard to read more than one post before responding

No Irish Need Imply
Nov 30, 2008
I didn't paraphrase it, I ignored it. I didn't take it seriously because legitimate threats of violence would've been much more private. I'm honestly shocked it was taken seriously by anyone.

If I'm wrong and there is some sort of Henry-on-Hawkins violence in the future based on that exchange, I'll admit to being an idiot about the entire thing.

Fsmhunk
Jul 19, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
Personally, I hope Mark Henry really does beat him up. The only way it could have been better was if he called Lesnar an idiot.

LobsterMobster
Oct 29, 2009

"I was being quiet and trying to be a good boy but he dialed the right combination to open the throw-down vault and it was on."

"Walter Foxx is ten times brighter than your bulb at the bottom of the tree merry xmas"
You guys are all dumb.

Henry knows where Hawkins is and will send Curt a hand written poem about how much it hurt Mark that his good friend Curt called him an idiot and didn't apologize.

Memento
Aug 25, 2009

Bleak Gremlin

LobsterMobster posted:

You guys are all dumb.

Henry knows where Hawkins is and will send Curt a hand written poem about how much it hurt Mark that his good friend Curt called him an idiot and didn't apologize.

Angsty teenage poetry written by middle-aged men is truly the best medium to resolve grievances, I agree.

Vertigo Ambrosia
May 26, 2004
Heretic, please.

:patriot:

(now if only he were allowed to beat Rusev)

Edge & Christian
May 20, 2001

Earth-1145 is truly the best!
A world of singing, magic frogs,
high adventure, no shitposters

Memento posted:

Exactly. When you're no longer working with someone, cool-guy wrestling trash talk becomes threatening a home invasion.
And yet practically no one has spoken out against the very real trail of rape and spine-shattering carnage the Iron Sheik has left worldwide after his non-work tweets.

Sir Jebus
Feb 9, 2010

The only hero left for man is weed.

Edge & Christian posted:

And yet practically no one has spoken out against the very real trail of rape and spine-shattering carnage the Iron Sheik has left worldwide after his non-work tweets.

Not only is Sheik totally insane, but every single thing he ever says is a work.

Mob
May 7, 2002

Me reading your posts

Vertigo Ambrosia posted:

:patriot:

(now if only he were allowed to beat Rusev)

I don't want to inflate Brandon's ego but sometimes I really feel like Big E and Rusev are reading the Best & Worst every week.

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

^^
trap sprung

Mob
May 7, 2002

Me reading your posts

epitasis posted:

^^
trap sprung

I've been owned.

Red
Apr 15, 2003

Yeah, great at getting us into Wawa.
I was boarding my flight in Charlotte, and right near the gate - JBL.

I didn't have time to say hi, otherwise I would have. It's just as well - his Twitter makes it sound like he's not happy about his flight being screwed up.

I Before E
Jul 2, 2012

gently caress's sake, dude.

Gonzo McFee
Jun 19, 2010
Like Mojo Rawley even knows what a library is.

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

Someone ask Lance Storm what he thinks about that tweet.

Mojo is like a less self-aware Ryback in every possible way.

Push El Burrito
May 9, 2006

Soiled Meat
Hey there pretty lady, how about we go back to my place and get hype?

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

GAYMIEN SANDOW posted:

Hey there pretty lady, how about we go back to my place and get hype?

*tips neon yellow fedora*

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

I Before E posted:

gently caress's sake, dude.

"Hello, I Love You" started out as a poem Jim Morrison wrote after being floored by a beautiful girl. Who knows what Mojo's tweet will become?

rare Magic card l00k
Jan 3, 2011

MassRafTer posted:

"Hello, I Love You" started out as a poem Jim Morrison wrote after being floored by a beautiful girl. Who knows what Mojo's tweet will become?

So a musician will form a band called The Floors?

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

Great White Hope posted:

So a musician will form a band called The Floors?

I was thinking more of Rusev making him sing that tweet out loud while he holds Mojo in the Accolade.

skaboomizzy
Nov 12, 2003

There is nothing I want to be. There is nothing I want to do.
I don't even have an image of what I want to be. I have nothing. All that exists is zero.
Mojo risin' :pervert:

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames

skaboomizzy posted:

Mojo risin' :pervert:

Well done.

I hope this doesn't mean they want to tag him with a returning JoMo. :ohdear:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Perigryn
Oct 22, 2010