Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
what do you think?
yes
no
hand-egg lol
yeah no one's ever made this joke before
gokudinho
View Results

• Locked thread
FogHelmut
Dec 18, 2003

do you think soccer would be more exciting if we counted each goal as 7 points?

or had the players wear pads and hit each other?

or gave them long rests after every 5 or 6 seconds of play?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

vyst
Aug 25, 2009

Yes.

texaholic
Sep 16, 2007

Well it's floodin' down in Texas
All of the telephone lines are down
Cheerleaders but only for countries with attractive ladies, sorry England, Poland, Japan, and South Korea.

PokeCrysis
Apr 15, 2013

Regarde Aduck
Oct 19, 2012

c l o u d k i t t e n
Grimey Drawer
Minefields.

texaholic posted:

Cheerleaders but only for countries with attractive ladies, sorry England, Poland, Japan, and South Korea.

Keira Knightley, the paedophiles first crush Emma Watson and Kate Winslet are all ugly. Yes. You can't just count 5 pics taken of some lovely ghetto proles and go "yup, stereotype confirmed".

Also South Korea is in your list of uggos, get outahear. You're bad at seaching for hotties or something.

Regarde Aduck fucked around with this message at 14:00 on Jun 16, 2014

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Obscure to all except those well-versed in Yuuzhan Vong lore.
Yep. Also people who flop/act like a little bitch, will get knocked the gently caress out later on.

Croccers
Jun 15, 2012
If a player is on the ground, other players are allowed to kick them until play is stopped.

Das Boo
Jun 9, 2011

There was a GHOST here.
It's gone now.
The ball is on fire.

Full Metal Jackass
Jan 22, 2001

Rabid bats are welcome in my home
you're only allowed to use your head

RonMexicosPitbull
Feb 28, 2012

by Ralp
it would be good if there were plays, less corrupt calls, less flops

right now its just a bunch of eurotrash running around kicking balls and flopping on eachothers dicks a disturbing number of times.

texaholic
Sep 16, 2007

Every fan gets a banana when entering the stadium. Every player gets a gun, the catch is players can't use the guns unless the fans throw the banana on the field. So fans can enjoy a tasty banana or get their section peppered with small arms fire.

Fucker
Jan 4, 2013
breaks every 5 minutes for commercial, tackles are now not just allowed but encouraged, the finals of the world cup are in a series of 7 games, no more referees its all machines, no draws allowed, if theres a draw it goes to penalties always end of story.

no more offside rule.

hell yeah, soccer would be p. ftw then in this americans opinion

NihilismNow
Aug 31, 2003
I agree players need more rest and steroids. Also commercials must be played during these rests. Also there should be more whiteboards with elaborate lines drawn on them.
I hope this helps to revitalize the struggling sport of football that hardly has any viewers at all.

Captain Matchbox
Sep 22, 2008

BOP THE STOATS
everyone who played it was gay

Fucker
Jan 4, 2013

Croccers
Jun 15, 2012

Captain Matchbox posted:

everyone who played it was gay
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c1tzr0n_Usk

Hobohemian
Sep 30, 2005

by XyloJW

I want to play this so very much.

HarlanHell
Nov 16, 2012

Nevermind that shit here comes Mingo!
Soccer would be a million times more watchable if they would.

Make the field a third smaller.

Get rid of the offside rule.

Penalize flopping.

Also it cracks me up every time someone talks about how much football players rest. In football every player on both teams is moving with explosive energy when the ball in play. In soccer most of the time at least 60 percent of the team is standing around picking their rear end while the ball is on another part of the field.

NihilismNow
Aug 31, 2003

HarlanHell posted:

In soccer most of the time at least 60 percent of the team is standing around picking their rear end while the ball is on another part of the field.

Only in noob tier (US) leagues.

Fucker
Jan 4, 2013

HarlanHell posted:

Soccer would be a million times more watchable if they would.

lol

quote:

Get rid of the offside rule.

lmfao

quote:

Penalize flopping.

thats fair

quote:

Also it cracks me up every time someone talks about how much football players rest. In football every player on both teams is moving with explosive energy when the ball in play. In soccer most of the time at least 60 percent of the team is standing around picking their rear end while the ball is on another part of the field.

you have never watched a game of soccer in your life, brother.

proof of concept
Mar 6, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
more dick grabbing please

Beef Turret
Jul 9, 2009

by Lowtax

Fucker posted:

breaks every 5 minutes for commercial, tackles are now not just allowed but encouraged, the finals of the world cup are in a series of 7 games, no more referees its all machines, no draws allowed, if theres a draw it goes to penalties always end of story.

no more offside rule.

hell yeah, soccer would be p. ftw then in this americans opinion

lol

Orange DeviI
Nov 9, 2011

by Hand Knit
soccer is for giant homos op so idk why you dont like it

texaholic
Sep 16, 2007

This guy needs the bravery of Michael Sam

Hobohemian
Sep 30, 2005

by XyloJW
Dude WTF is with the dick grabbing? I thought it was a joke but it clearly is not.

Das Boo
Jun 9, 2011

There was a GHOST here.
It's gone now.

This is the cool school you wish you went to.

HarlanHell
Nov 16, 2012

Fucker posted:

lol

lmfao

thats fair

you have never watched a game of soccer in your life, brother.

Thanks for breaking down my post and explaining why a smaller field, and getting rid of offside wouldn't improve the game.

I have watched soccer. It was OK but, the only time I can watch a whole game is if I'm there in the stadium. Soccer on TV sucks.

PokeCrysis
Apr 15, 2013

proof of concept posted:

holy poo poo

Hobohemian posted:

Dude WTF is with the dick grabbing? I thought it was a joke but it clearly is not.
it doesn't happen that often and you don't really see it in full motion

Cabrini-Green Tea
Aug 20, 2009

wheel in the sky keeps on turnin'

HarlanHell posted:

Penalize flopping.

texaholic posted:

Every fan gets a banana when entering the stadium. Every player gets a gun, the catch is players can't use the guns unless the fans throw the banana on the field. So fans can enjoy a tasty banana or get their section peppered with small arms fire.

rezatahs
Jun 9, 2001

by Smythe
ok seriously what is up with the dick grabbing

Twee as Fuck
Nov 13, 2012

by Lowtax
the best thing about european football by far is playing it then a distant second is being in a pub with friends and drink beer while the game is playing and just chat when poo poo gets boring (which will happen a lot)

Twee as Fuck
Nov 13, 2012

by Lowtax

rezatahs posted:

its just there and flappin about i mean what are you gonna do, not go for it? :confused:

jBrereton
May 30, 2013
Grimey Drawer

HarlanHell posted:

Thanks for breaking down my post and explaining why a smaller field, and getting rid of offside wouldn't improve the game.
Big pitch means big spaces for things to happen in. Offside rule stops goalhanging like you get in kiddo football, where two players are going to constantly sit around in the penalty area ready to strike if there's any kind of ball upfield. This also means you don't get two defenders constantly sitting back, making it a 7v7 thing on a teeny tiny pitch, gently caress that.

Hobohemian
Sep 30, 2005

by XyloJW

Twee as gently caress posted:

the best thing about european football by far is playing it then a distant second is being in a pub with friends and drink beer while the game is playing and just chat when poo poo gets boring (which will happen a lot)

How would you know what it's like to hang out with friends?

Twee as Fuck
Nov 13, 2012

by Lowtax

Hobohemian posted:

How would you know what it's like to hang out with friends?

after decades of doing it pretty much daily i'm starting to get the hang of it really

proof of concept
Mar 6, 2005

by FactsAreUseless

Hobohemian posted:

you don't understand the beautiful game

rezatahs posted:

you don't understand the beautiful game

BHB
Aug 28, 2011

proof of concept posted:

HarlanHell
Nov 16, 2012

jBrereton posted:

Big pitch means big spaces for things to happen in. Offside rule stops goalhanging like you get in kiddo football, where two players are going to constantly sit around in the penalty area ready to strike if there's any kind of ball upfield. This also means you don't get two defenders constantly sitting back, making it a 7v7 thing on a teeny tiny pitch, gently caress that.

Counter. The field is too big, and things don't happen very often. I think a third reduction would speed up play, and lead to more spectacular ball handling and attempts on goal. Guys hanging by the goal would means their team doesn't have as many people playing defense, and on a smaller more compact field without the offside rule that could be huge a problem. Getting rid of offside creates more chances for break away plays where its just a one on one between player and goalie.

proof of concept
Mar 6, 2005

by FactsAreUseless

HarlanHell posted:

Counter. The field is too big, and things don't happen very often. I think a third reduction would speed up play, and lead to more spectacular ball handling and attempts on goal. Guys hanging by the goal would means their team doesn't have as many people playing defense, and on a smaller more compact field without the offside rule that could be huge a problem. Getting rid of offside creates more chances for break away plays where its just a one on one between player and goalie.

this game already exists and it's called futsal and it hasn't supplanted the real thing yet nor will it

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

you irl
Jan 22, 2014
improved soccer already exists, its called hockey

there is literally no reason to continue to watch soccer in tyool 2014

• Locked thread