Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Jubs
Jul 11, 2006

Boy, I think it's about time I tell you the difference between a man and a woman. A woman isn't a woman unless she's pretty. And a man isn't a man unless he's ugly.

Do you remember what you were doing during the OJ Simpson Chase? Can we attribute this event to the downfall of TV news? Did people in other countries actually care this was going on?

ESPN did a great documentary on this day showing only news footage. You can view it on Instant Netflix.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Yaldabaoth
Oct 9, 2012

by Azathoth

Jubs posted:

Can we attribute this event to the downfall of TV news?

No but we can attribute OJ getting off to the black community going "gently caress fighting for civil liberties, being rich will let you get away with anything even if you are black" and focusing on get rich quick schemes like rap and sports

Ramsus
Sep 14, 2002

by Hand Knit
Pretty good copy/paste from facebook ya got there op

a hole-y ghost
May 10, 2010

i think i was reading superfudge

bushes
Nov 6, 2003

Kids running around naked fuckin' in the bushes
Yeah I was sitting there ready to watch Fox Kids and get my Power Rangers on. Oh what's this the LAPD is doing another of its incompetent car chases.

Das Boo
Jun 9, 2011

There was a GHOST here.
It's gone now.
I was like, six, OP. I was probably hanging out with my friend while the two of us didn't give a poo poo.

Nigmaetcetera
Nov 17, 2004

borkborkborkmorkmorkmork-gabbalooins
i was in riding camp for homeschooled kids and I figured out how to jerk off during my turn in the shower so i immediately begged my parents to let me come home (told em i had separation anxiety) because that was much more interesting than riding dumb old horses. worked like a charm

i remember worrying that they wouldn't make a naked gun 444.4 or whatever they'd call it now, but then i remembered i now knew how to masturbate so it didn't really matter.

Beef Turret
Jul 9, 2009

by Lowtax
the OJ car chase the 9/11 of generation X

Radical and BADical!
Jun 27, 2010

by Lowtax
Fun Shoe
high as gently caress with my best friend on my couch. saw about 5 minutes fo that poo poo and started playing king's field. gently caress that boring poo poo

bushes
Nov 6, 2003

Kids running around naked fuckin' in the bushes

butplug accident posted:

the OJ car chase the 9/11 of generation X

That gives me an idea. Who was the Enya of the mid 90s?

porkchop_express
May 27, 2004
i think i was making a superfudge

porkchop_express
May 27, 2004

bushes posted:

enya

frank.club
Jan 15, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

porkchop_express posted:

i think i was making a superfudge

same

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

Reporting for shovel mission Sir.
I was working you loving young punks.

wa27
Jan 15, 2007

bushes posted:

I was going to say Enya but I can only think of that song from the 80s and that song from like 2000.

So I guess... Mariah Carey?

Queen-Of-Hearts
Mar 17, 2009

"I want to break your heart💔 and give you mine🫀"

bushes posted:

Flip a coin. Heads: its Loreena McKennit, Tails: its Sarah McLachlan

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

bushes posted:

Yanni

thehacker0
Mar 19, 2014

This day in history - the unfortunate fame of the Kardashian family was well on it's way to becoming a reality. Sad, sad day

Al Cowens
Aug 11, 2004

by WE B Bourgeois
I was futzing about with my AUTOEXEC.BAT, CONFIG.SYS settings trying to get Doom to run in only 4MB RAM /w soundblaster

DeKalb
May 30, 2007

Hecho en West Germany
Love, GP
It was my 7th birthday and I had had a good time at Discovery Zone all day. Possibly when we got home my parents turned on the TV and it was on. I dunno.

Beef Turret
Jul 9, 2009

by Lowtax
i was undoubtedly alone as usual in front of a tv watching world war 2 docus off-hours on discovery channel which culminated in my utter and permanent obsessed with adolf hitler, op

poopzilla
Nov 23, 2004

I was riding bikes and playing with my friends all day. I went home and my mom said "OJ Simpson killed some people." and I said "is that the guy from Naked Gun?" she said "yep."

well, thats it i guess

Coffee Wolf
Oct 12, 2007

Mmmmm Banana
I was working. You lazy fucks with your white Bronco watching jorts.

Mr. Blastaway
Jun 23, 2004

redshirt posted:

I was working you loving young punks.
Me too, working on my tan, that is. :cool:

Rambling Robot
Sep 13, 2011
Duggar Fan Club Superstar #1 LOL
my first grandson was born in late june.

i was probably waiting for a call. and watching oj.

on my spare time i was knitting and collecting decorative figurines (i now have 2540 items in my collection!)

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

Rambling Robot posted:

my first grandson was born in late june.

i was probably waiting for a call. and watching oj.

on my spare time i was knitting and collecting decorative figurines (i now have 2540 items in my collection!)

God bless.

im pooping!
Nov 17, 2006

i was 8 so probably something easy

Roydrowsy
May 6, 2007

i went to a kid's birthday party.
i didn't particularly like the kid, but it was at discovery zone.
They had pizza.
Then my mom picked me up and we went home.

Cesar Cedeno
May 9, 2011
Probation
Can't post for 641 days!
I was in a white Bronco on the highway with a bunch of dumb gently caress cops behind me.

This was in Connecticut and completely unrelated.

King of Internet
Nov 16, 2013

High King Internet of Internet
I was 6

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

Sweet summer children, you know nothing.

I remember when the Juice was on the loose and awesome. No line at the rental counter could slow him down.

OJ got cucked and his lawful vengeance was swift and final. OJ did nothing wrong.

Plant Kingdom
Mar 12, 2007
I had rented Battletoads & Double Dragon for the NES.

NutritiousSnack
Jul 12, 2011

Yaldabaoth posted:

No but we can attribute OJ getting off to the black community going "gently caress fighting for civil liberties, being rich will let you get away with anything even if you are black" and focusing on get rich quick schemes like rap and sports

Actually it's because the defense proved key investigators where racist and biased against OJ, as well as the loving glove. OJ should have gotten off because the prosecution did an extremely lovely job.

BONE DOG
Jun 7, 2009

by Fluffdaddy
OJ is innocent the lapd are nothing but a bunch of racist pigs that couldn't stomach the fact that a black man became successful and stole one of their women

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

IF I did it, I'd saw that bitch's head off.

I am Toni Lippi
Aug 16, 2004
I loving miss the whole trial fiasco.

Dely Apple
Apr 22, 2006

Sing me Spanish Techno

I was at a pool party and all the adults vanished and we just kept eating pizza and someone goes OJ GOT KILT

He didn't though, but he did appear on a lot of pogs we owned in the near future.

Whorelord
May 1, 2013

Jump into the well...

I was preparing to destroy my mother's uterus in two days

BONE DOG
Jun 7, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

Whorelord posted:

I was preparing to destroy my mother's uterus in two days

holy poo poo

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AKA Pseudonym
May 16, 2004

A dashing and sophisticated young man
Doctor Rope
I'd just wrapped up my junior year of High School. I remember being absolutely certain that he'd kill himself. Oh well didn't happen that way.

You're all a bunch of fetuses incidentally.

• Locked thread