Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Tedd_Not_Ed
Feb 16, 2014

I've seen games go perfect for 12 innings all for naught. I've seen no-hitters pitched on illicit drugs. Homer streaks lasting eight games and 20 run losses. I've seen pennants won and seasons collapse. All these memories will be lost in time. Like tears in the rain.

Time to die.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

fknlo
Jul 6, 2009

Fun Shoe
I was wanting to see how the Royals did in this series against the Tigers before I actually started to get a little hopeful.

It's only the 2nd inning right now and :stare:

Kevlar v2.0
Dec 25, 2003

=^•⩊•^=
This game so far: Cubs errors and Junior Lake dingers! :toot:

Mental Hospitality
Jan 5, 2011

I am now glad I didn't end up going to tonights Tigers game. :cry:

Chexoid
Nov 5, 2009

Now that I have this dating robot I can take it easy.
Yankees trust me, it's in your best bet to roll over today so that Stroman's dad doesn't tear down the stadium with his bare hands.

Tedd_Not_Ed
Feb 16, 2014

I've seen games go perfect for 12 innings all for naught. I've seen no-hitters pitched on illicit drugs. Homer streaks lasting eight games and 20 run losses. I've seen pennants won and seasons collapse. All these memories will be lost in time. Like tears in the rain.

Time to die.

fknlo posted:

I was wanting to see how the Royals did in this series against the Tigers before I actually started to get a little hopeful.

SouthLAnd posted:

I am now glad I didn't end up going to tonights Tigers game. :cry:

Well, I know which game I'm gonna watch now since Cumpton's on the mound tonight.

fknlo
Jul 6, 2009

Fun Shoe
Gonna be one of those kind of games I guess?

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

fknlo posted:

Beating the Tigers shouldn't give you anymore hope than you'd get from knocking out a particularly wealthy, soft-headed child.

fknlo
Jul 6, 2009

Fun Shoe

VJeff posted:

Beating the Tigers shouldn't give you anymore hope than you'd get from knocking out a particularly wealthy, soft-headed child.

That's comforting since we're 1-5 against them so far on the season.

Sotar
Dec 1, 2009
Oh my god gently caress baseball

Rand alPaul
Feb 3, 2010

by Nyc_Tattoo
Hey guys remember when Detroit was a good baseball team?

Ammat The Ankh
Sep 7, 2010

Now, attempt to defeat me!
And I shall become a living legend!
Good God, Kansas City.

Crimson Sox
Jan 16, 2008

Bromance
the legend of Brock Holt keeps on growing :stare:

Jose Oquendo
Jun 20, 2004

Star Trek: The Motion Picture is a boring movie
Cutch :swoon:

goobernoodles
May 28, 2011

Wayne Leonard Kirby.

Orioles Magician.
Chris Davis grand slaaaaaaaaaaam?

CHRIS DAVIS GRAND SLAMMMMM. :siren:

SpiderHyphenMan
Apr 1, 2010

by Fluffdaddy
I love Brock Holt.

SpiderHyphenMan
Apr 1, 2010

by Fluffdaddy
BROCK HOLT.

SpiderHyphenMan
Apr 1, 2010

by Fluffdaddy
BROCK HOLT!

For those unaware, Brock Holt is playing centerfield and makes a catch in deep left after Gomes loses it in the sun to end the top of the inning, leads off the bottom by hitting a double, then steals third.

Crimson Sox
Jan 16, 2008

Bromance
he cannot be stopped :staredog:

BearDrivingTruck
Oct 15, 2011

You see the most shocking sights sometimes
BYE BYE BABY!

Tedd_Not_Ed
Feb 16, 2014

Time to die.
:frog: RBIBB.

Jose Oquendo
Jun 20, 2004

Star Trek: The Motion Picture is a boring movie
THE CHANT IS WORKING

(it's not, but a run is a run)

edit: Also Cutch is kicking serious rear end this month and his OPS has to super close to 1.000. He was at .990 before the game started.

double edit: And I have no idea why he tried to go home on a shallow fly ball.

Jose Oquendo fucked around with this message at 01:17 on Jun 18, 2014

Tedd_Not_Ed
Feb 16, 2014

Time to die.
Oh dear. The question isn't whether the Reds will score this inning, but how much at this point.

TheChaosPath
Jul 22, 2005

Tony Gwynn is dead, meanwhile Ervin Santana lives on

Tedd_Not_Ed
Feb 16, 2014

Time to die.
And there goes the lead.

Kevlar v2.0
Dec 25, 2003

=^•⩊•^=

TheChaosPath posted:

Tony Gwynn is dead, meanwhile Ervin Santana lives on

Introduce Ervin Santana to chewing tobacco

fknlo
Jul 6, 2009

Fun Shoe
Nice catch Cain!

Craptacular!
Jul 9, 2001

Fuck the DH
I have to admit, I'm not going to be able to watch tomorrow's game live, so I'm taping it. From WGN.

I want to hear Hawk call a game I'm emotionally invested in, and that doesn't happen much as primarily an NL watcher.

Mornacale
Dec 19, 2007

n=y where
y=hope and n=folly,
prospects=lies, win=lose,

self=Pirates
Cueto just struck out bunting, got mad, attempted to break his bat over his knee, and completely failed.

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

psst you wanna do a communism?

Tedd_Not_Ed posted:

Oh dear. The question isn't whether the Reds will score this inning, but how much at this point.
Lets remember Cumpton as he gets sent back to Indy with the best exchange in 93.7 The Fan history
https://soundcloud.com/dunlapcolin-1/rich-from-east-liberty-compton

Tedd_Not_Ed
Feb 16, 2014

Time to die.
Gomez is warming up so I guess we decided to give up right now.

TheChaosPath
Jul 22, 2005

Kevlar v2.0 posted:

Introduce Ervin Santana to chewing tobacco

Normally I'd be all for the long con, but it doesn't really do me a lot of good here

Monday_
Feb 18, 2006

Worked-up silent dork without sex ability seeks oblivion and demise.
The Great Twist
I will never cease to be amazed at Tanaka's splitter.

TenaciousJ
Dec 31, 2008

Clown move bro
I can't believe Roark made it out of that inning with only 1 run.

fknlo
Jul 6, 2009

Fun Shoe
Pulling a pitcher because Moustakas is coming up :3:

Mornacale
Dec 19, 2007

n=y where
y=hope and n=folly,
prospects=lies, win=lose,

self=Pirates

Mornacale posted:

Cueto just struck out bunting, got mad, attempted to break his bat over his knee, and completely failed.

ROCK THE HOUSE M.D.
Oct 9, 2003

I've got a case of malt liquor stashed in the trunk, Mr. Marvin Gaye on the CD. We are gonna get all the way down.

YADI BOMB!! :love:

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

The anti-Bo.

I honestly don't know how to deal with these Royals who score runs. With a lot of skepticism is probably the way to go.

e: Nice play there by Detroit really.

goobernoodles
May 28, 2011

Wayne Leonard Kirby.

Orioles Magician.

Ahahahahaha that is awesome.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

fknlo
Jul 6, 2009

Fun Shoe

Grittybeard posted:

I honestly don't know how to deal with these Royals who score runs. With a lot of skepticism is probably the way to go.

Absolutely.

It's like the Chiefs playoff game last season. Up by 4 TD's yet you still expect them to lose. And they deliver.

• Locked thread