Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

Does the time lock in Big Bank take longer than getting the pig dropped?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Party Plane Jones
Jul 1, 2007

by Reene
Fun Shoe

FAUXTON posted:

Does the time lock in Big Bank take longer than getting the pig dropped?

Yes, the pig only takes about a minute until you drop it, the time lock is probably 2/3 minutes.

Also the bus route is by far the easiest escape on that, the original is such a pile of poo poo it's not even funny.

Skoll
Jul 26, 2013

Oh You'll Love My Toxic Love
Grimey Drawer
The bus route is the easiest. The C4 Tunneling escape is extremely painful. I've not yet done the air escape.

prak
Jan 3, 2006

---------
Nap Ghost

Lester Shy posted:

You can stand right next to these office workers in full 75 concealment gear while in casing mode and they won't notice you. Pretty helpful if you've got someone pinging the computer to try and figure out the right one.
Does the error message show up for you before the alarm goes off? It didn't seem to for me but it is possible I overlooked it and/or I was bugged in some way.

Not being able to find the correct computer quickly while still in stealth seems like it would be a bug but who can really tell.

Shockeh
Feb 24, 2009

Now be a dear and
fuck the fuck off.
Yeah, not quite worked out yet how to stealth the first section without blowing so many pagers you won't be able to stealth the inside of the vault. The plan when we discussed it on Mumble was to try to lock down the inside entirely so we could freely loot, but I can't see how it's possible when you need to drop 2-3 Guards outside just to get the hack on the door started.

Also, how do you operate the fingerprint scanner?

Thank You Card
Mar 20, 2007

I'm your only friend.

Shockeh posted:

Bain requests that you not ask about his methods.

Discendo Vox
Mar 21, 2013

This does not make sense when, again, aggregate indicia also indicate improvements. The belief that things are worse is false. It remains false.

Shockeh posted:

Yeah, not quite worked out yet how to stealth the first section without blowing so many pagers you won't be able to stealth the inside of the vault. The plan when we discussed it on Mumble was to try to lock down the inside entirely so we could freely loot, but I can't see how it's possible when you need to drop 2-3 Guards outside just to get the hack on the door started.

It's always impossible. On higher difficulties there are more guards in the interior vault area-there will always be more than there are pagers.

Discendo Vox fucked around with this message at 10:31 on Jun 18, 2014

Dezztroy
Dec 28, 2012
For Bobblehead Bob, do you have to lead him to the vault or can you just, uh, carry him there?

Sockerbagarn
Sep 8, 2007

All makt åt Tengil, vår befriare.

prak posted:

Does the error message show up for you before the alarm goes off? It didn't seem to for me but it is possible I overlooked it and/or I was bugged in some way.

Not being able to find the correct computer quickly while still in stealth seems like it would be a bug but who can really tell.

It definitely beeps during stealth. I've never seen the message but I also haven't been looking for it, it's probably there.

Domattee
Mar 5, 2012

Shockeh posted:

The guys in front of the terminals are extremely shortsighted and you can hack stuff through walls. I soloed the first part on OK, but it takes a long time and you have to get lucky with RNG civvie movement. No idea how to do the second part though as guards aggro on the open time-lock door.

e: Guards might not aggro on the door if you also disable the lasers? Had a guard walk past the open door in multiplayer but I don't know if that was supposed to happen or I got netcoded.

Domattee fucked around with this message at 10:55 on Jun 18, 2014

Clutchy D
Jan 7, 2004

SCOOP-DA!
For anyone else using a controller on PC, the ctd when you try to enter BB pre-planning is apparently going to get a hotfix. (it drat well better, this is a bad bug and once again indicts their QA dept as fools)

http://steamcommunity.com/app/218620/discussions/8/540744475585125747/

Discendo Vox
Mar 21, 2013

This does not make sense when, again, aggregate indicia also indicate improvements. The belief that things are worse is false. It remains false.
The entire trick to the second part of the map is treating it like FF day 3- avoid guards while getting to your objectives. I'm not sure there are any safe zones in the second half, aside from the interior of the vault and the security room- and at least some security rooms do not appear to be safe bodybag stashes. Guards will not alert off of the open vault door, however, which is a huge plus. On the bright side, none of the places you need to go to or things you need to do require spending a long time holding down the F key- it's almost all instant or very quick actions.

I suspect that guards on the outer part of the map will aggro off of an open timelock door, but guards on the interior will not.

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009
Have the non-CAR-4/553 or the non-Para SMGs been buffed to the point where they're better for damage/accuracy/stability, in the last three months? Trying to figure out if I should just stick to my 553/Para combo for general usage (I'll likely move back to the CAR-4 once I have some more of the Gage mods unless the JP-36 or .762 are better now, or whatever).

Lemon-Lime fucked around with this message at 11:22 on Jun 18, 2014

Dezztroy
Dec 28, 2012
Car-4 is probably the best weapon in the game if you have the mods for it. It's also kinda bland and boring though. The P90 is a great secondary, I'd argue better than the Para.

Shockeh
Feb 24, 2009

Now be a dear and
fuck the fuck off.
CAR-4 is the lowest possible visibility though too, isn't it? I'm at 3 now, and genuinely can't think of how to get it any lower. (Not that it matters, I'm just doing it to see how it can be done.)

Dezztroy
Dec 28, 2012
Yeah, Car-4 is the only primary to get 31 concealment. 3 visibilty is the cap, can't get any lower.

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009

Dezztroy posted:

Car-4 is probably the best weapon in the game if you have the mods for it.

Right now, I get slightly more damage and stability (2 each) out of the 553 at the cost of slightly lower accuracy (2 points, not enough for it to make a difference), and the 553 also fires quite a bit faster. This is with all of the non-courier mods available on both guns, and the guns configured for accuracy and damage. Once I have quadstack, I'll totally be ditching the 553 for the CAR-4, though.

Mercedes Colomar
Nov 1, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Dezztroy posted:

Yeah, Car-4 is the only primary to get 31 concealment. 3 visibilty is the cap, can't get any lower.

You're forgetting the Mosconi, king of guns. :colbert:

Shockeh
Feb 24, 2009

Now be a dear and
fuck the fuck off.
Has anyone ever bothered to see how much difference the 3-10 range for Concealment works? I'm just tempted to up mine a little to get a few quality of life mods onto the CAR-4, Quadstacked instead of Vintage, etc.

I don't need a loud gun since for that I've got a silenced R93 with Silent Killer aced anyway. :getin:

Scott Forstall
Aug 16, 2003

MMM THAT FAUX LEATHER
played big bank a bunch, both loud and stealth, still haven't gotten the 2-story vault seen in the trailer. does it have more loot?

loving it so far. its super fun loud

Dezztroy
Dec 28, 2012
Pro-tip: Don't use thermite if you're trying to solo the bobblehead achievement.

:suicide:

Brainamp
Sep 4, 2011

More Zen than Zenyatta

Scott Forstall posted:

played big bank a bunch, both loud and stealth, still haven't gotten the 2-story vault seen in the trailer. does it have more loot?

The amount of vaults is random too. Max I've seen was 5.

Manuel Calavera posted:

You're forgetting the Mosconi, king of guns. :colbert:

More like a former king. It doesn't have the stupid long range and accuracy that made it so good at launch anymore.

Shockeh posted:

Yeah, not quite worked out yet how to stealth the first section without blowing so many pagers you won't be able to stealth the inside of the vault.

Take the poisoned cake and put it in the canteen. There, now you have literally one guard to deal with before you start the timelock. There is a chance of another spawning from the elevators, but he still shouldn't be a problem.

Dezztroy
Dec 28, 2012
How do you actually stealth it? Taking out the guards is no problem, but how are you supposed to hack the computer when there are like 5 guys in all the cubicles around it?

Kikas
Oct 30, 2012

Brainamp posted:

Take the poisoned cake and put it in the canteen. There, now you have literally one guard to deal with before you start the timelock. There is a chance of another spawning from the elevators, but he still shouldn't be a problem.

I don't think it's a chance, I've had him spawn 100% of the time on 6 separate runs. Always the same elevator too.

Dezztroy posted:

How do you actually stealth it? Taking out the guards is no problem, but how are you supposed to hack the computer when there are like 5 guys in all the cubicles around it?
Cable ties. When you tie a civie in a cubicle downstairs you lay him down so his head gets into the wall. Undetectable. And noone paths over there.

With the top floor you're poo poo out of luck.

Drowning Rabbit
Oct 28, 2003

YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY!

Drewjitsu posted:

It's pretty straightforward. What's confusing you? The poo poo up on the right corner is zipped civs, (loose civs, if those exist), pagers left, body bags, Gage packages.

Everything else has a label on it.

Holy poo poo, THAT'S where the packages count is? I've been looking at it forever!

Domattee
Mar 5, 2012

With low detection you can just wait until there aren't any wandering civs around and then hack the computers through the cubicle walls. No need to tie any civs. I wouldn't recommend tying any either since you can't move them out of the office areas and it spawns infinite numbers of wandering civs in from the edges, so sooner or later someone will aggro.

apostateCourier
Oct 9, 2012

Domattee posted:

With low detection you can just wait until there aren't any wandering civs around and then hack the computers through the cubicle walls. No need to tie any civs. I wouldn't recommend tying any either since you can't move them out of the office areas and it spawns infinite numbers of wandering civs in from the edges, so sooner or later someone will aggro.

With 4 people, it's safest to leave two people outside the vault area to keep the office pool locked down. Two people, so that if the phone rings you still have someone available to lock down civs wandering in.

John Murdoch
May 19, 2009

I can tune a fish.

Discendo Vox posted:

I suspect that guards on the outer part of the map will aggro off of an open timelock door, but guards on the interior will not.

If I'm not mistaken, the vault area is cleverly designed so that the patrolling guards never actually use the access corridor. I wonder if that means you could get away with stashing the bodies in the upper niche if entrance spawns on the ground level...

Lemon Curdistan posted:

Have the non-CAR-4/553 or the non-Para SMGs been buffed to the point where they're better for damage/accuracy/stability, in the last three months? Trying to figure out if I should just stick to my 553/Para combo for general usage (I'll likely move back to the CAR-4 once I have some more of the Gage mods unless the JP-36 or .762 are better now, or whatever).

I'm not sure if it's just my combination of skills/mods or what, but the Kobus is a bit better than the Para (which I only found out after tricking out my Para :v:). I feel like the Compact 5 would be more competitive if it was closer to the PD1 version, basically a pocket JP36. I think its stats are middling just because it's easily concealable.

Domattee posted:

The constantly spawning civilians prevent you from doing anything with the atrium, but there seemed to be a limited number of civs that pathed into the cubicle areas. We were paranoid as gently caress and kept one person covering the upstairs cubicles (we never needed to use the lower ones) and one on the phone because we didn't know if they were going to pull a GO Bank on us, but neither ended up being necessary.

Robot Randy
Dec 31, 2011

by Lowtax

Darwinism posted:

There's already a luchador pattern, got it on one of my first games

Shows up for poo poo on most masks, though, just like most patterns

Ended up with this for my attempt at a luchadore mask. Probably should've got better colors but whatever

Dezztroy
Dec 28, 2012
Thermite is hilariously expensive. 1.4 million on Overkill, which means that even if you pull it off perfectly, you'll lose 600-800k.

Domattee
Mar 5, 2012

John Murdoch posted:

The constantly spawning civilians prevent you from doing anything with the atrium, but there seemed to be a limited number of civs that pathed into the cubicle areas. We were paranoid as gently caress and kept one person covering the upstairs cubicles (we never needed to use the lower ones) and one on the phone because we didn't know if they were going to pull a GO Bank on us, but neither ended up being necessary.

Looks like you're right. That certainly makes that part of the game easier and it provides a useable second route to the downstairs vault.

Shockeh
Feb 24, 2009

Now be a dear and
fuck the fuck off.

Dezztroy posted:

Thermite is hilariously expensive. 1.4 million on Overkill, which means that even if you pull it off perfectly, you'll lose 600-800k.

30.2 Changelog posted:

Update size: 9,7 MB

The Big Bank heist

Reduced the cost of the thermite, poisoned cake, drill parts and escapes assets in preplanning

Seems they're listening.

Bootcha
Nov 13, 2012

Truly, the pinnacle of goaltending
Grimey Drawer
So another build theory-craft...

I love the R93, it is the best catch-all primary power rifles out there. Powerful enough to headshot shields/tazers, and enough ammo to one-shot all trash mobs without worry. Coupled with a Enforcer-spec'ed Loco for short range supremacy, you can handle just about anything thrown at you.

http://goo.gl/HGvL87

And I need to repeat myself, MORE GUNS NEED CANTED/GANGSTA SIGHTS!

King Vidiot
Feb 17, 2007

You think you can take me at Satan's Hollow? Go 'head on!
I tried the new heist late last night, and the only thing I learned about it is that it's a great way to make enemies out of friends. We spent most of our play time arguing and bickering over what assets to get in Pre-Planning, where to place placeable assets, if we even need to pre-plan, and drawing dicks and insults to each other on the map.

The rest of the time was spent not really knowing what was happening or dying a lot. Even so, I like the new heist, I'm just hoping that my group can keep their poo poo together and work with each other instead of everybody having vastly different ideas of what to do and how to go about it.

John Murdoch
May 19, 2009

I can tune a fish.

Domattee posted:

Looks like you're right. That certainly makes that part of the game easier and it provides a useable second route to the downstairs vault.

Really, the first half of the bank isn't particularly daunting once you understand the cleverness of the layout. It's just time consuming to make sure all of the roaming managers (three, I think) are taken care of along with the loose non-employee civs that hang out on the upper levels, along with the cubicles and 2-3 guards.

And because of that I feel like the number of assets for Big Bank is weirdly bloated, even discounting stealth. I guess they wanted to go whole-hog with the preplanning thing, but I can't see ever having a use for most of the assets in the first half of the bank. So many of the assets are in strange locations that you should never have a use for (like placing bags on the second floor balcony - why??) or are just redundant (two extra drill bit locations that are right next to each other). And I'm still baffled by the multiple thermite locations.

The one thing I'm still pondering is whether or not the cake is better for the front or the back. At the end of the day you're still neutralizing a single guard, but I think I'd rather immobilize one in the back where it's easier to get caught and harder to safely kill. Maybe I'm wrong, but I don't think the central area where you leave the cake is a great place to sneak through to begin with.

Crabtree
Oct 17, 2012

ARRRGH! Get that wallet out!
Everybody: Lowtax in a Pickle!
Pickle! Pickle! Pickle! Pickle!

Dinosaur Gum

Bootcha posted:

So another build theory-craft...

I love the R93, it is the best catch-all primary power rifles out there. Powerful enough to headshot shields/tazers, and enough ammo to one-shot all trash mobs without worry. Coupled with a Enforcer-spec'ed Loco for short range supremacy, you can handle just about anything thrown at you.

http://goo.gl/HGvL87

And I need to repeat myself, MORE GUNS NEED CANTED/GANGSTA SIGHTS!

Isn't the OVERKILL skill worthless at basic and no saw?

Insert name here
Nov 10, 2009

Oh.
Oh Dear.
:ohdear:

Crabtree posted:

No it's the pro perk that's useless (makes the damage apply to all weapons, but still requires the saw/shotgun to activate).

John Murdoch
May 19, 2009

I can tune a fish.
It still works on shotguns, which is usually Good Enough, considering everyone's love affair with the Loco.

Sockerbagarn
Sep 8, 2007

All makt åt Tengil, vår befriare.

Crabtree posted:

No, you don't lose any synergy being without the saw because the saw is a terrible weapon. Overkill also triggers on shotgun and it makes the locomotive ridiculously effective.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Discendo Vox
Mar 21, 2013

Crabtree posted:

The overkill skill is extremely powerful at basic if you use either the Izma or Locomotive, properly modded you can very rapidly clear rooms, even on DW.

• Locked thread