Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Dr. Dos
Aug 5, 2005

YAAAAAAAY!

the wildest rear end posted:

The war between Direct Hits and Air Strikes will be great and bloody.

May it be the new scouts vs. heavies gimmick.

Edit: Koth map, direct hit team caps and the timer begins counting down, base jumper team must only access point be parachuting, cap at all to win.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

iroguebot
Feb 15, 2001

Nerf this!

Any chance that bread monster jarate will be for the medic? Seeing as story wise, it's basically his pet. Would make it interesting to start fights by weakening the enemy team, then go back to overhealing yours.

awesmoe
Nov 30, 2005

Pillbug

Fojar38 posted:

I don't understand how people can only play a few classes.

http://steamcommunity.com/id/awesmoe/stats/TF2/?tab=stats
(to be fair it was maybe a little more even before I reset the stats, but thats from about the last two years)

CoolCab
Apr 17, 2005

glem

Bacons posted:

Any chance that bread monster jarate will be for the medic? Seeing as story wise, it's basically his pet. Would make it interesting to start fights by weakening the enemy team, then go back to overhealing yours.

No, they're all reskins. And you'd be nearly completely defenseless, particularly to someone coming up and bashing your face in with a melee.

Dr. Dos
Aug 5, 2005

YAAAAAAAY!

Dr. VooDoo posted:

I dunno how I feel about the Tide Turner. Any kill while charging gets a full charge seems awfully powerful and all I can picture is charging, getting a crit/minicrit nade, blasting some one with it, getting a kill, and than doing it to the next person right after again and again. On the other hand it makes Demoknight, which can be fun, a bit more than a suicide bum rush class and will make gimmicks with the caber all the more fun

I'm eagerly awaiting being able to axtinguish demoknights again. :unsmigghh:

Also Airborne kill strange parts are already like $2.40 on the market. I've been avoiding it since they're so expensive even though I really like the direct hit, but I just plunged since it's going to definitely spike.

Ditocoaf
Jun 1, 2011

The Classic might actually get me to play sniper.

If I understand it correctly, scoping no longer has ANY effect on your output -- it's just a zoom function for easier accuracy. You can charge and headshot even without scope. The downside is that headshots only exist when you're fully charged, and you have -10% damage for everything else. But the gain in situational awareness is a huge deal to me, and the class actually sounds fun for once.

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

Cabbit posted:

That Scout gun is going to look like a cock and balls from above.

Good.

Freak Futanari
Apr 11, 2008
So since today's page was titled War, that means we're getting Love next, right?

So maybe we'll be getting a new medigun, at least.

Reiley
Dec 16, 2007

Ditocoaf posted:

The Classic might actually get me to play sniper.

If I understand it correctly, scoping no longer has ANY effect on your output -- it's just a zoom function for easier accuracy. You can charge and headshot even without scope. The downside is that headshots only exist when you're fully charged, and you have -10% damage for everything else. But the gain in situational awareness is a huge deal to me, and the class actually sounds fun for once.

I think it's holding M1 builds charge and releasing M1 will fire your gun, which could honestly make it much easier for people to score headshots since they don't have to click down and accidentally flinch their crosshairs away.

Ditocoaf
Jun 1, 2011

Freak Futanari posted:

So since today's page was titled War, that means we're getting Love next, right?

Yesterday's page, with all the two-person taunts, was Love.

EDIT:

Reiley posted:

I think it's holding M1 builds charge and releasing M1 will fire your gun, which could honestly make it much easier for people to score headshots since they don't have to click down and accidentally flinch their crosshairs away.
Huh. That sounds interesting, but I'm not seeing where you're getting that. Why wouldn't it just charge constantly?

El Burbo
Oct 10, 2012

Freak Futanari posted:

I thought love was the taunts.

Sea Lily
Aug 5, 2007

Everything changes, Pit.
Even gods.

Freak Futanari posted:

Love was day 1, hence all the taunts to share with your lovely friends. :allears:

CoolCab
Apr 17, 2005

glem

awesmoe posted:

http://steamcommunity.com/id/awesmoe/stats/TF2/?tab=stats
(to be fair it was maybe a little more even before I reset the stats, but thats from about the last two years)

http://steamcommunity.com/id/coolcab/stats/TF2?tab=stats

Same, I have 4.5k hours on record but reset periodically cause I like getting ''On the bright side...'' alerts. Every time I reset it, it looked almost exactly like this (please note, I can play Heavy, I choose not to play Heavy. Winners don't play Heavy).

Freak Futanari
Apr 11, 2008
Oh, right. Oh well, so much for hoping that the other classes might get something new.

Doji Sekushi
Dec 26, 2006

HI
Oh hey, an update is downloading right this very minute. Exciting.

Ditocoaf
Jun 1, 2011

Update is today after all!
http://www.teamfortress.com/post.php?id=13707

quote:

Love & War Update
Added 5 new weapons, 15 new taunts, and 43 cosmetic items for the Love & War update
Partner Taunts can now be performed with the opposing team
Added a new Taunt Loadout with 8 slots so multiple taunts can be equipped at the same time
-Taunts are no longer equipped in the Action Slot
-Pressing the Taunt key in game now brings up the new Taunt Selection menu
-Pressing the taunt key while the Taunt Selection menu is open performs a weapon taunt, or joins a partner taunt

Mann Co. Store
-Added 15 new taunts and a taunt bundle
-Added 5 new weapons and a weapon bundle
-Added 44 new cosmetics and a cosmetic bundle
-Added "Taunt" category into the store
-Added Mann Co. Stockpile Crate Key
-The "Hats" and "Misc" categories have been merged into "Cosmetics"

Items
-Added the Mann Co. Stockpile Crate to the droplist
--Each Mann Co. Stockpile Crate can be repeatedly shuffled to contain a set of 4 possible items
-Added the Mann Co. Audition Reel. Contains taunts and a rare chance at an unusual taunt
-Updated Mann Co. Crates to display which Unusual Series they can potentially output
-Added Bread Box Special Crafting Recipe. This recipe will no longer be available after July 9th, 2014. Items from the Bread box have a chance to be strange.
-Added crafting recipes for newly added weapons
-Added Killstreak Kits to MvM for newly added weapons
-Added OzFortress Season 11 tournament medals

Weapon changes and updates
-With The Hitman's Heatmaker, pressing ‘reload’ now activates focus when it is full
-The Axtinguisher now does mini-crit damage from the front and full crit damage from behind to burning targets
-The Bushwacka can no longer randomly crit
-All mini-guns now have damage and accuracy ramp up after they start firing. Full accuracy and damage is reached 1 second after firing.
-All Demoman stickybombs now have damage ramp up. Full damage is reached 2 seconds after firing.
-Updated Loch-n-Load reload animation
-Sentry bullets are now affected by damage falloff outside of sentry scan range
-Sentry bullet damage has been changed so it calculates damage based on the sentry's position, not the Engineer's

Misc Changes
-Updated the Halloween holiday to automatically be enabled when the server runs an _event map
-Added a check to prevent achievement announcement spam
-Converted several weapon models to use the c_models system
-Updated the localization files

Bug Fixes
-Fixed an exploit where charging Demoman could turn more than allowed
-Fixed a bug where Halloween spellbooks were overriding PDAs and Disguise Kits
-Fixed The Director's Vision taunt not playing both variations for the Pyro
-Fixed the Pyro's spell audio not sounding like the rest of the Pyro's audio
-Fixed a bug that would sometimes cause items to unequip themselves
-Fixed a dedicated server crash related to using 'mp_forcecamera 0' with one player on the server
-Fixed a regression with the trigger_gravity entity not correctly applying its settings
-Fixed another exploit where Engineer buildings could build up a large amount of health
-Fixed a server performance issue related to the item_teamflag entity
-Fixed the itemtest command
-Fixed cosmetics shared between multiple classes not rendering correctly
-Updated the cosmetic item list to sort by name

Map Fixes
Updated cp_granary
-Removed collision from lights and small props protruding from walls
-Fixed collision on fences
-Fixed the tire props near Blu's forward spawn so players may no longer jump up to the spawn door platform
-Fixed players shooting through gaps around forward spawn doors
-Fixed door protruding through roof on Red's forward spawn
-Fixed a collision bug that gave players access to the roof above Red's spawn door
-Prevented players from building inside spawn room doors
-Adjusted area portals to improve rendering and performance
Updated koth_harvest_final
-Added metal panel prop to Blu building, which now mirrors the jump up on the Red side
-Small performance increase through prop fade adjustments
-Players can no longer build inside spawn doors
Updated pl_upward
-Fixed physics debris triggering the payload cart’s finale explosion

Ditocoaf fucked around with this message at 02:29 on Jun 19, 2014

Freak Futanari
Apr 11, 2008
Woah, 15 new taunts.

e: And unusual taunts.

awesmoe
Nov 30, 2005

Pillbug

How do i get all of these new taunts
I need them

CoolCab
Apr 17, 2005

glem
All Demoman stickybombs now have damage ramp up. Full damage is reached 2 seconds after firing.

:smith:

El Burbo
Oct 10, 2012

"The Axtinguisher now does mini-crit damage from the front and full crit damage from behind to burning targets"

good

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes
"All mini-guns now have damage and accuracy ramp up after they start firing. Full accuracy and damage is reached 1 second after firing."

:toot:

Dr Pepper
Feb 4, 2012

Don't like it? well...

Wow the Axetinguisher and Mini-gun changes are pretty big.

Ditocoaf
Jun 1, 2011

They nerfed the Axetinguisher, the Stickly Launcher, the Minigun, and the Wrangler. WOW

Ariong
Jun 25, 2012

Get bashed, platonist!

Aah, Halloween maps are now always in Halloween mode, and they fixed the pyro's spell audio!

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

can someone explain to me how big of a nerf the Stickybomb thing is? I never thought they would touch that, or the Heavy

Mercury Crusader
Apr 20, 2005

You know they say that all demons are created equal, but you look at me and you look at Pyro Jack and you can see that statement is not true, hee-ho!

quote:

-Fixed the Pyro's spell audio not sounding like the rest of the Pyro's audio

So they got around to fixing that, eh?

Also UNUSUAL TAUNTS?

CoolCab
Apr 17, 2005

glem
Honestly not sure how bit the SL change is. If it affects crit stickies Kritz demos just got a lot worse.

edit: like, it's correct play to stack damage sometimes anyway? But if it's significant amounts of damage at all Pyro/Demo just became a much worse matchup.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
unusual taunts

unusual taunts

UNUSUAL TAUNTS

FirstPlayer
Jan 1, 2007

Beat me up and earn
fifteen respect points

Unusual taunts? :raise:

El Burbo
Oct 10, 2012

quoted for posterity

quote:

Love & War Update
Added 5 new weapons, 15 new taunts, and 43 cosmetic items for the Love & War update
Partner Taunts can now be performed with the opposing team
Added a new Taunt Loadout with 8 slots so multiple taunts can be equipped at the same time
Taunts are no longer equipped in the Action Slot
Pressing the Taunt key in game now brings up the new Taunt Selection menu
Pressing the taunt key while the Taunt Selection menu is open performs a weapon taunt, or joins a partner taunt
Mann Co. Store
Added 15 new taunts and a taunt bundle
Added 5 new weapons and a weapon bundle
Added 44 new cosmetics and a cosmetic bundle
Added "Taunt" category into the store
Added Mann Co. Stockpile Crate Key
The "Hats" and "Misc" categories have been merged into "Cosmetics"

Items
Added the Mann Co. Stockpile Crate to the droplist
Each Mann Co. Stockpile Crate can be repeatedly shuffled to contain a set of 4 possible items
Added the Mann Co. Audition Reel. Contains taunts and a rare chance at an unusual taunt
Updated Mann Co. Crates to display which Unusual Series they can potentially output
Added Bread Box Special Crafting Recipe. This recipe will no longer be available after July 9th, 2014. Items from the Bread box have a chance to be strange.
Added crafting recipes for newly added weapons
Added Killstreak Kits to MvM for newly added weapons
Added OzFortress Season 11 tournament medals
Weapon changes and updates
With The Hitman's Heatmaker, pressing ‘reload’ now activates focus when it is full
The Axtinguisher now does mini-crit damage from the front and full crit damage from behind to burning targets
The Bushwacka can no longer randomly crit
All mini-guns now have damage and accuracy ramp up after they start firing. Full accuracy and damage is reached 1 second after firing.
All Demoman stickybombs now have damage ramp up. Full damage is reached 2 seconds after firing.
Updated Loch-n-Load reload animation
Sentry bullets are now affected by damage falloff outside of sentry scan range
Sentry bullet damage has been changed so it calculates damage based on the sentry's position, not the Engineer's

Misc Changes
Updated the Halloween holiday to automatically be enabled when the server runs an _event map
Added a check to prevent achievement announcement spam
Converted several weapon models to use the c_models system
Updated the localization files

Bug Fixes
Fixed an exploit where charging Demoman could turn more than allowed
Fixed a bug where Halloween spellbooks were overriding PDAs and Disguise Kits
Fixed The Director's Vision taunt not playing both variations for the Pyro
Fixed the Pyro's spell audio not sounding like the rest of the Pyro's audio
Fixed a bug that would sometimes cause items to unequip themselves
Fixed a dedicated server crash related to using 'mp_forcecamera 0' with one player on the server
Fixed a regression with the trigger_gravity entity not correctly applying its settings
Fixed another exploit where Engineer buildings could build up a large amount of health
Fixed a server performance issue related to the item_teamflag entity
Fixed the itemtest command
Fixed cosmetics shared between multiple classes not rendering correctly
Updated the cosmetic item list to sort by name

Map Fixes
Updated cp_granary
Removed collision from lights and small props protruding from walls
Fixed collision on fences
Fixed the tire props near Blu's forward spawn so players may no longer jump up to the spawn door platform
Fixed players shooting through gaps around forward spawn doors
Fixed door protruding through roof on Red's forward spawn
Fixed a collision bug that gave players access to the roof above Red's spawn door
Prevented players from building inside spawn room doors
Adjusted area portals to improve rendering and performance
Updated koth_harvest_final
Added metal panel prop to Blu building, which now mirrors the jump up on the Red side
Small performance increase through prop fade adjustments
Players can no longer build inside spawn doors
Updated pl_upward
Fixed physics debris triggering the payload cart’s finale explosion

Dr Pepper
Feb 4, 2012

Don't like it? well...

CoolCab posted:

Honestly not sure how bit the SL change is. If it affects crit stickies Kritz demos just got a lot worse.

Crits have always had the max damage even for weapons with ramp up.

Othin
Nov 20, 2002

Hair Elf
Man, like 99% of my axetinguisher kills were to their faces.

Color Printer
May 9, 2011

You get used to it. I don't
even see the code. All I see
is Ipecac, Scapular, Polyphemus...

Captain Invictus posted:

unusual taunts

unusual taunts

UNUSUAL TAUNTS

Valve's treachery knows no bounds.

Also those nerfs, hot drat.

nftyw
Dec 27, 2006

It is a game... where you will put your life on the line.
Lipstick Apathy
You can now taunt with the enemy team. Nice

Reiley
Dec 16, 2007

quote:

Updated cp_granary
-Removed collision from lights and small props protruding from walls
This is a travesty.

Jerry Steinfeld
Dec 25, 2012
Oh neat they made Pyro mostly poo poo again

CoolCab
Apr 17, 2005

glem

Jerry Steinfeld posted:

Been rocking Degreaser/Flaregun/Powerjack since before the update; honestly v Heavy was a lost cause anyway.

Reiley
Dec 16, 2007

Jerry Steinfeld posted:

They're trying to rein Pyros back into their true power, they've all gotten lost pursuing a trickshot

DoctorStrangelove
Jun 7, 2012

IT WOULD NOT BE DIFFICULT MEIN FUHRER!

the wildest rear end posted:

The Bushwacka can no longer randomly crit

And this took how loving long?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

nerdbot
Mar 16, 2012

Still no love for the Dalokohs Bar. Poor, poor Dalokohs Bar.

I'm absolutely okay with the Axtinguisher nerf, they didn't make it useless trash and that's all I can ask for.

• Locked thread