Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Blurry Gray Thing
Jun 3, 2009

Avalanche posted:

I saw part 1 and I don't remember a single loving thing about the movie other than a really lovely CG train and some chick ubermench telling a bunch of railroad workers to get hosed. Whoever wrote that piece of poo poo script tried to cram so much dialogue in that the entire movie ended up being a 3 hour long Speed Racer episode.

You can take a bad book and make a good movie, but not if it's made by idiots who thought the book was good.

What I'm saying is Starship Troopers is still a cool film.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Helical Nightmares
Apr 30, 2009

The White Dragon posted:

as has been said many times on this forum before, the atlas shrugged trilogy is the manifestation of libertarian dogma because it takes money from the fools and gives it to those who were smart enough to deceive them

PT Barnum and Charles Ponzi are then, by definition, the Ascended Godheads of the Libertarians.

Strangely, I'm ok with this.

fuck the ROW
Aug 29, 2008

by zen death robot
It's not so bad, even with the minute+ speeches here and there, but all it makes you want to do is watch a movie about the sea pirate instead of john galt. All things considered a pretty good job ,I have heard the book has pages and pages of crazy speeches

fuck the ROW fucked around with this message at 01:56 on Jun 20, 2014

Doctor Butts
May 21, 2002

Here's your reminder that even though this bitch was ugly, she still had married dudes dumping their wives to bone her.

also, itshappening.gif should be the background of this thread.

Al Borland
Oct 29, 2006

by XyloJW
This was a movie? I didn't even realize there were two out already.

Al Borland
Oct 29, 2006

by XyloJW

Doctor Butts posted:

Here's your reminder that even though this bitch was ugly, she still had married dudes dumping their wives to bone her.

also, itshappening.gif should be the background of this thread.

god drat she seriously looks like a man.

SunAndSpring
Dec 4, 2013
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TkBMAHUkibY

Emanuel Collective
Jan 16, 2008

by Smythe
reminder that the guy who sang the Pokemon theme song is a diehard libertarian and did this

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IVjfa0Alz5o

Al Borland
Oct 29, 2006

by XyloJW

Emanuel Collective posted:

reminder that the guy who sang the Pokemon theme song is a diehard libertarian and did this

hahaha holy poo poo.

The Droid
Jun 11, 2012

Doctor Butts posted:

true but both the married dude and his spouse were literally her biggest fans and practically her servants for some time

and then he dumped rand and rand got super upset despite her having "convinced" her husband and the guy's wife to let the affair go on

SunAndSpring
Dec 4, 2013

Thank you for this.

babypolis
Nov 4, 2009

The Droid posted:

true but both the married dude and his spouse were literally her biggest fans and practically her servants for some time

and then he dumped rand and rand got super upset despite her having "convinced" her husband and the guy's wife to let the affair go on

consider that among a woman who was a huge piece of poo poo that surrounded herself with other pieces of poo poo that dude was probably the biggest piece of poo poo of them all, im glad he lost everything in the end

Digi_Kraken
Sep 4, 2011

goldmine

a misanthrope
Jun 21, 2010

:burgerpug::burgerpug::burgerpug::burgerpug::burgerpug:

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

reminder she died on welfare under a fake name because she couldn't afford the chemo caused by a lifetime of smoking because she believed the red flame of the cigarette represented man's undying power or some poo poo like that

also she loved rape

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007

FizFashizzle posted:

reminder she died on welfare under a fake name because she couldn't afford the chemo caused by a lifetime of smoking because she believed the red flame of the cigarette represented man's undying power or some poo poo like that

also she loved rape

it represented creative energy

also she sponged off her own family for years and then refused to acknowledge them after she got famous

Cubone
May 26, 2011

Because it never leaves its bedroom, no one has ever seen this poster's real face.

FizFashizzle posted:

talk about owned

SunAndSpring
Dec 4, 2013

FizFashizzle posted:

also she loved rape

Guess that explains Atlas Shrugged

The Droid
Jun 11, 2012

rand's the kind of person who would consider patrick bateman cool, sincerely.

Iamblikhos
Jun 9, 2013

IRONKNUCKLE PERMA-BANNED! CHALLENGES LIBERALS TO 10-TOPIC POLITICAL DEBATE! READ HERE

paranoid randroid posted:

it represented creative energy

why is it that shootings get blamed on video games but rape never gets blamed on ayn rand?!

Jackie D
May 27, 2009

Democracy is like a tambourine - not everyone can be trusted with it.

my god

Lazyfire
Feb 4, 2006

God saves. Satan Invests

Iamblikhos posted:

why is it that shootings get blamed on video games but rape never gets blamed on ayn rand?!

Because no one ever looked at a picture of Ayn Rand and said "I totally want to have sex now."

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007

Lazyfire posted:

Because no one ever looked at a picture of Ayn Rand and said "I totally want to have sex now."

henry kissinger

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

if i made 400 grand a week doing nothing sure i'd probably believe the poo poo she wrote also

Nucleic Acids
Apr 10, 2007

henry kissinger

i thought that was Alan Greenspan?

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007
gawd gently caress, yes i meant alan greenspan. im retarded this week.

mags
May 30, 2008

I am a congenital optimist.

mags
May 30, 2008

gawd gently caress, yes i meant alan greenspan. im retarded this week.

burritolingus
Nov 6, 2007

by Ralp

Whoa!

babypolis
Nov 4, 2009

i really wish i knew how ayn rand was so succesful despite being terrible at everything, from interpersonal relationships to philosophy to writing. she really must have had an incredible force of will or something

HalPhilipWalker
Feb 14, 2008
Does Christmas smell like oranges to you?

Squeaky failed us all.

mags
May 30, 2008

I bet her apartment smelled like stale cigarettes and cat piss at the end of her hate-filled miserable life.

burritolingus
Nov 6, 2007

by Ralp

babypolis posted:

i really wish i knew how ayn rand was so succesful despite being terrible at everything, from interpersonal relationships to philosophy to writing. she really must have had an incredible force of will or something

I always thought she wasn't successful, and she died poor and living off the very welfare programs she hated.

People only latched onto her works later because there's only so many times they could use that one clip from Network and it makes them look like they've actually read a book and thus know a thing.

mags
May 30, 2008

burritolingus posted:

I always thought she wasn't successful, and she died poor and living off the very welfare programs she hated.

People only latched onto her works recently because there's only so many times they could use that one clip from Network and it makes them look like they've actually read a book and thus know a thing.

People latch on to her books because they provide some pseudo-intellectual rationalization to being an awful human being, and use that to get others to be OK with their awfulness.

No really, slashing safety-nets is HELPFUL to the poor! Have you ever read Ayn Rand?

HalPhilipWalker
Feb 14, 2008
Does Christmas smell like oranges to you?

CAT BRUSH posted:

No really, slashing safety-nets is HELPFUL to the poor! Have you ever read Ayn Rand?

You say that like Ayn Rand ever gave a poo poo about the poor. That bitch basically wanted the poor to go gently caress themselves for being lazy assholes.

burritolingus
Nov 6, 2007

by Ralp

HalPhilipWalker posted:

You say that like Ayn Rand ever gave a poo poo about the poor. That bitch basically wanted the poor to go gently caress themselves for being lazy assholes.

Well, see, evil is actually good. Ayn Rand says so in her books.

ArbitraryC
Jan 28, 2009
Pick a number, any number
Pillbug
When I was young I thought we could end poverty by just getting rid of all the poor people. I'm pretty sure there are legit adult libertarians who would agree with that.

Love Rat
Jan 15, 2008

I've made a psycho call to the woman I love, I've kicked a dog to death, and now I'm going to pepper spray an acquaintance. Something... I mean, what's happened to me?

She's wearing a loving buckskin jacket in that photo. Nothing says "rugged individual" like dressing as Davy Crockett. I didn't think Ayn Rand photos could be that awful, and that's saying something.

SunAndSpring
Dec 4, 2013
So why did someone think Atlas Shrugged, a 1000 page book about a labor dispute, would be a good film series?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

babypolis
Nov 4, 2009

SunAndSpring posted:

So why did someone think Atlas Shrugged, a 1000 page book about a labor dispute, would be a good film series?

libertarians

you can tell its completely ideological cuz its a 3 parter, the first one bombed and the second one bombed even harder. no one who cares about making money would go for a part 3 at that point

• Locked thread