Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
teagone
Jun 10, 2003

That was pretty intense, huh?

sbaldrick posted:

What about Carl Weathers, Mr. T and Liam Nelson featuring Sammo Hung

poo poo, all of them too. Might as well throw Kevin Costner into the mix as well.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dillbag
Mar 4, 2007

Click here to join Lem Lee in the Hell Of Being Cut To Pieces
Nap Ghost

teagone posted:

[edit] Oh, and Donnie Yen.

Word is that Donnie Yen is a total rear end in a top hat IRL, which may be hurting his employability in western films.

sbaldrick
Jul 19, 2006
Driven by Hate

teagone posted:

poo poo, all of them too. Might as well throw Kevin Costner into the mix as well.

What the series really needs is Christopher Lambert as a blind ex-member who a knife master. He can have one line after he shows everyone us at knife throwing "in the end there is only me" while Queen plays.

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

Dat wood please Amayrica I'll tell you dat for naughting.

SALT CURES HAM
Jan 4, 2011
Why the hell isn't Christopher Lambert in anything but DTV stuff and Ghost Rider 2 anymore, anyways? Dude's awesome and he hasn't magically stopped being awesome.

e: He's not even that old or in poor health. You'd think he'd be a "that guy" like Ron Perlman, not stuck in DTV hell.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

SALT CURES HAM posted:

Why the hell isn't Christopher Lambert in anything but DTV stuff and Ghost Rider 2 anymore, anyways? Dude's awesome and he hasn't magically stopped being awesome.

He's like almost blind and can barely speak English.

SALT CURES HAM
Jan 4, 2011
...could just have him wear glasses in the movie? I'm not saying he should be Connor MacLeod again or be an Expendable, dude's just really really cool and distinctive and you'd think he'd be a more prolific character actor than he is.

ninja edit: And I mean, the lack of English fluency never exactly stopped him before. :haw:

Jimbot
Jul 22, 2008

Dillbag posted:

Word is that Donnie Yen is a total rear end in a top hat IRL, which may be hurting his employability in western films.

Really? I hear he's a really nice, down to earth guy. It's just that Hollywood isn't offering him anything interesting so he just passes on all the stuff he's offered. I mean, in Hong Kong he choreographs and stars in most of the films he's in. Seems like he gets a lot of freedom to do whatever he wants.

Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007
FEEL FREE TO DISREGARD THIS POST

It is guaranteed to be lazy, ignorant, and/or uninformed.
I am actually surprised Carl Weathers has not made a appearance in The Expendables.

Also I really super enjoy the Expendable movies, I don't care. I can't wait to see these guys all in the same movie. Even if it is basically a " Who could Rambo beat up?" and Rambo just beats up all the other action heroes cause he's Rambo.

Hollismason fucked around with this message at 04:54 on Jun 19, 2014

Maxwell Lord
Dec 12, 2008

I am drowning.
There is no sign of land.
You are coming down with me, hand in unlovable hand.

And I hope you die.

I hope we both die.

:smith:

Grimey Drawer

Hollismason posted:

I am actually surprised Carl Weathers has not made a appearance in The Expendables.

He's officially banned from craft services tables now.

jet sanchEz
Oct 24, 2001

Lousy Manipulative Dog

Maxwell Lord posted:

He's officially banned from craft services tables now.

I know I should know what this is a reference to but I am very tired right now...?

zandert33
Sep 20, 2002

jet sanchEz posted:

I know I should know what this is a reference to but I am very tired right now...?

He's just trying to get his stew going.

DivisionPost
Jun 28, 2006

Nobody likes you.
Everybody hates you.
You're gonna lose.

Smile, you fuck.

zandert33 posted:

He's just trying to get his stew going.

I think I'd like my money back.

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

Probably because he's fat and useless and Stallone perhaps asked him if he could train back to what he used to be like.

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

Hollismason posted:

Because he keeps stealing food from Craft Services.

DivisionPost
Jun 28, 2006

Nobody likes you.
Everybody hates you.
You're gonna lose.

Smile, you fuck.
Presented without comment:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Uag2G0J6iqw

Yoshifan823
Feb 19, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Goddammit I read the comments. Never read the comments.

This looks like a good, funny movie, and that Gremlins bit at the very least reminds me a lot of here.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

The thing that kind of bugs me about that trailer is they're all yelling at the ticket seller when he doesn't control anything. Yeah, they're good points but why bring them up to that guy?

Yoshifan823
Feb 19, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

muscles like this? posted:

The thing that kind of bugs me about that trailer is they're all yelling at the ticket seller when he doesn't control anything. Yeah, they're good points but why bring them up to that guy?

As someone who works at a movie theatre, let me assure you that it's realistic.

justlikedunkirk
Dec 24, 2006

You're making a lot of assumptions here. It's probably best to wait and see the film (and that scene in its proper context) before saying anything.

It looks funny, it got raves at Sundance and I honestly can't wait to see it.

Peanut President
Nov 5, 2008

by Athanatos

justlikedunkirk posted:

You're making a lot of assumptions here. It's probably best to wait and see the film (and that scene in its proper context) before saying anything.

It looks funny, it got raves at Sundance and I honestly can't wait to see it.

What assumptions? It's a ticket seller getting yelled at by a mob because they didn't like the movie. There's nothing to assume.

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,
slægt skal følge slægters gang

Peanut President posted:

What assumptions? It's a ticket seller getting yelled at by a mob because they didn't like the movie. There's nothing to assume.

but theyre black

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer
Obviously the trailer doesn't show much but it didn't really show any actual conversation, just people monologuing about stereotypes and symbolism in movies. That can work (see: every Kevin Smith movie ever) but I'm hoping it offers something more than what a standup routine or an interesting blog post might have to offer about the same subject.

High Warlord Zog
Dec 12, 2012

Presented to compliment your commentless post without comment:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c2tI5zW3IU8

justlikedunkirk
Dec 24, 2006

Peanut President posted:

His assumption that the ticket seller getting berated over the treatment of black people in movies is meant to be taken seriously, as if there's something progressive/positive being said here. Part of the absurdity (and what's funny about the scene) is how their complaints are targeted at the wrong person.

I haven't seen it, but going by the reception at Sundance it sounds like the film skewers every side of the issues it brings up. But maybe that's not the case. I'll have to see the movie to find out.

Hat Thoughts
Jul 27, 2012
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vGkZq8ZOgO4

tehsid
Dec 24, 2007

Nobility is sadly overrated.

High Warlord Zog posted:

Holy Oscar bate Batman.

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

High Warlord Zog posted:

gently caress offfff.

Yoshifan823
Feb 19, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Tom Hardy, you are a very good actor, but you're not cut out to be Ryan Gosling. Really, no one is.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Pretty cool teaser for the new Hunger Games.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7dCB2U9lX48

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

New Ninja Turtles trailer.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G3IEdLvCiHU

Corek
May 11, 2013

by R. Guyovich

Pretty cool teaser for the new Hunger Games.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7dCB2U9lX48

I swear I've heard that "x today, x tommorow, x forever" formulation somewhere else.

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer
They said it in the last Hunger Games movie.

SomeJazzyRat
Nov 2, 2012

Hmmm...

Corek posted:

I swear I've heard that "x today, x tommorow, x forever" formulation somewhere else.

Boop

Dillbag
Mar 4, 2007

Click here to join Lem Lee in the Hell Of Being Cut To Pieces
Nap Ghost

I understand why the Shredder armour sounds exactly like a Transformer, but why does jumping on a rocket skateboard make a tiger howling noise?

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

"Jesus, did I say that? Or just think it? Was I talking? Did they hear me?"

Dillbag posted:

I understand why the Shredder armour sounds exactly like a Transformer, but why does jumping on a rocket skateboard make a tiger howling noise?

Because that's the sound that rocket skateboards make every single time they're used.

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

"Jesus, did I say that? Or just think it? Was I talking? Did they hear me?"

Corek posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4a1QXvZPRo8

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,
slægt skal følge slægters gang

Dillbag posted:

The sound is super lovely. It sounds like someone muted the original sound and its just one guy doing voices for every turtle.

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

I was on the fence for this one, but I think I'm going to go check this one out. Taking the daughter too. Crazy to think I watched the original movie as a kid.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PaganGoatPants
Jan 18, 2012

TODAY WAS THE SPECIAL SALE DAY!
Grimey Drawer

Better trailer. Could've gone without the dubstep.

• Locked thread