Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Supreme Allah
Oct 6, 2004

everybody relax, i'm here
Nap Ghost

TwoDogs1Cup posted:

Roman needs new attire

It's not fair and Ambrose and Seth had to change

Not fair or cool :(

Roman has body self-image issues and needs a shirt + a vest to feel comfortable.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Supreme Allah posted:

Roman has body self-image issues and needs a shirt + a vest to feel comfortable.

Which is all well and good because he looks awesome.

Bumper Stickup
Jan 7, 2012

Mmm... Offshore Toast!

Grimey Drawer

TwoDogs1Cup posted:

Roman needs new attire

It's not fair and Ambrose and Seth had to change

Not fair or cool :(

I would prefer they all get to keep the tactical gear they had going but we can't all get what we want. At least Roman gets to keep his.

Daniel Bryan
May 23, 2006

GOAT
It's news, but it's also pretty spoilery. From this week's Figure Four Weekly.

Who's winning the title at Money in the Bank?

At press time, it's looking like John Cena is going to get the title at Money in the Bank, which...sure, that's fine. Realistically, it's probably too soon for Roman Reigns, though after seeing the reaction he got for winning the battle royal on Raw, it felt "right" to hotshot the belt onto him. Seth Rollins, who feels like the best person to put the title on right now, isn't in the match, instead being the first wrestler put in the second ladder match for the Money in the Bank contract.

And with Brock coming back at Summerslam, welp there's your main event of Summerslam.

ScottyBomb
Oct 24, 2005

Cthulhu loves me, this I know, for ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn!!
I still wish he'd at least add some colour to the outfit to move him away from the Shield gimmick. Maybe a splash of red or blue? Change the colours on the buckles on his tacticool vest?

I mean, I'm alright with him keeping the overall outfit (it looks good on him), but then at least move away from uniform black. Otherwise it's just, like, Roman Reigns is still the Shield all by himself. And that's weird. Especially if they have an eye on maybe a nostalgia run down the road.

Daniel Bryan
May 23, 2006

GOAT
Roman got to keep all the cool poo poo because to WWE he's the real star of the group.

ScottyBomb
Oct 24, 2005

Cthulhu loves me, this I know, for ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn!!

Daniel Bryan posted:

At press time, it's looking like John Cena is going to get the title at Money in the Bank, which...sure, that's fine. Realistically, it's probably too soon for Roman Reigns, though after seeing the reaction he got for winning the battle royal on Raw, it felt "right" to hotshot the belt onto him. Seth Rollins, who feels like the best person to put the title on right now, isn't in the match, instead being the first wrestler put in the second ladder match for the Money in the Bank contract.

And with Brock coming back at Summerslam, welp there's your main event of Summerslam.

I'd seen some rumours that fall in line with this, but replace Cena with Cesaro to angle into a Summerslam feud with Lesnar.

Meh. If this is the way it'll unfold, that's pretty underwhelming. Looks like they are going full-on panic mode with D-Bry on the shelf.

The_Rob
Feb 1, 2007

Blah blah blah blah!!
I saw a comparison of Snake Plisken and Seth Rollins and now I really love Seth's new attire.

Now all Seth needs is a really cool eye patch.

ScottyBomb
Oct 24, 2005

The_Rob posted:

I saw a comparison of Snake Plisken and Seth Rollins and now I really love Seth's new attire.

I swear to God, Seth. I thought you were dead.

Shima Honnou
Dec 1, 2010

The Once And Future King Of Dicetroit

College Slice

The_Rob posted:

RIP Aksana, she'll never get to knee Seth in the face.

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

The_Rob posted:

Yeah I was on the fence until that was pointed out. Now that rules.

Supreme Allah
Oct 6, 2004

Nap Ghost

ScottyBomb posted:

I swear to God, Seth. I thought you were dead.

He gets that a lot.

Seth vs Dean Bangkok Rules match.

The_Rob
Feb 1, 2007

Blah blah blah blah!!
I would watch Escape from WWE.

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

The_Rob posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ab_kGCFCUJ4

it's not that exciting

Abrasive Obelisk
May 2, 2013

I joined th
ROVPACK IN THE HOOUUUUSE!
:vince:
he still knows...

Daniel Bryan posted:

You know what, Cena/Lesnar II will be loving awesome and drive up the buyrates for sure. Let's pray that Cena doesn't beat Lesnar.

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

Daniel Bryan posted:

Ew

TwoDogs1Cup
May 28, 2008

DOUGIE DOUGIE DOUGIE! MY LOVE, HE MAKES MY EMPTY HEART FULL! DOUGIE! THE BEST FOREVER THE BEST DOUGIEEE! <3 <3 - TwoDougies1Cup

Daniel Bryan posted:

Roman got to keep all the cool poo poo because to WWE he's the real star of the group.

They're all stars in my eyes :smith:

RacistGuidingLight
Apr 5, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

DEAR RICHARD posted:

Roman doesn't look good without the vest

Roman is a buff and impressive looking man

Call Me Charlie
Dec 3, 2005

by Smythe

Daniel Bryan posted:

Makes me really happy that the WWE canceled my Network subscription when they couldn't get any money out of my bank account instead of actually holding me to that six month subscription bullshit.

Midnightghoul
Oct 1, 2003

COME ON DON'T BE SCURRED

Daniel Bryan posted:

That'll put some...subscriptions...in...websites?

Valeyard
Mar 30, 2012

Grimey Drawer
You know it's easy to figure out what that says by other people spoiling out single, short, names lol

isnt there a thread for spoiler talk

Thauros
Jan 29, 2003

If they're doing Brock vs. the champ at Summerslam, isn't Cena the best choice? Cena's the only credible face champ who wouldn't be hurt by losing to Brock after a short reign. Their last match was good before the stupid ending and worse post match promo, if Brock goes over as he should that has the potential to be a great Summerslam main.

Paulocaust
Jan 29, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

The_Rob posted:

You should. Wrestling With Shadows is a great film.

Supreme Allah
Oct 6, 2004

Nap Ghost

Valeyard posted:

You know it's easy to figure out what that says by other people spoiling out single, short, names lol

That's really a rumor more than a spoiler, but yeah, a lot of dumb asses don't understand spoiler tags

Big important question yes or no??

no

Thanks moron, for using spoiler tags.

a.lo
Sep 12, 2009

Sorry, but I miss Batista already.

Thauros
Jan 29, 2003

Valeyard posted:

That's for pretaped shows and stuff we know for a certainty is going to happen before it's aired. Informed booking speculation that could easily be changed at the last minute isn't really a spoiler IMO.

Blooming Brilliant
Jul 12, 2010

Thauros posted:

If they're doing Brock vs. the champ at Summerslam, isn't Cena the best choice? Cena's the only credible face champ who wouldn't be hurt by losing to Brock after a short reign. Their last match was good before the stupid ending and worse post match promo, if Brock goes over as he should that has the potential to be a great Summerslam main.

Assuming it's Cena/Brock it seems like they really want to Cena/Rock 2 lightning to hit again. How can we make the rematch bigger? Add the title! And honestly it might and it could help subs, although I'd honestly prefer something like Bray/Bryan 2 for the title with Bryan winning the title back while keeping Cena/Lesnar separate. Would be a nice way to bring Bryan back and let him get his win back from the Wyatts.

Also I didn't realise until a friend pointed it out to me, but Wyatts could walk out with a lot of gold coming out of MitB, I want that so bad now :allears:

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

It's not a prediction, it's a spoiler.

Blasmeister
Jan 15, 2012

2Time TRP Sack Race Champion

Supreme Allah posted:

That's really a rumor more than a spoiler, but yeah, a lot of dumb asses don't understand spoiler tags

Big important question yes or no??

no

Thanks moron, for using spoiler tags.

It's more you can instantly know what is being discussed without even needing to look at the size of spoilered words - you can tell just from people's reactions, honestly. Depressed reactions narrow it down to 2 possible answers, and talk of panic mode leaves no doubt at all.

Orange Carlisle
Jul 14, 2007

I don't mean to rock the boat but wrestling is good sometimes and other times it's not so good

Vertical Lime
Dec 11, 2004

Also from Alvarez:

quote:

The More You Know: One of the McMahons had bad coffee recently, and somehow that led to the angle with Reigns spiking Stephanie's coffee with ipecac or whatever on Raw.

Did this also inspire the Jericho-Kane feud years ago

Skunkrocker
Jan 14, 2012

Your favorite furry wrestler.
So when do you think commentary will start referring to Cody and Dustin as the Dust Brothers?

MotU
Mar 6, 2007

It was like she was evicting walking garbage.
Pillbug
Anything bad happening in wrestling coming up is all Daniel Bryan's fault anyways since he couldn't take care of his body or get a nagging injury treated early on

Chinston Wurchill
Jun 27, 2010

It's not that kind of test.

Skunkrocker posted:

So when do you think commentary will start referring to Cody and Dustin as the Dust Brothers?

Matt Striker would have mentioned it about 17 times in their first match.

They should develop a tag-team finisher and call it the Dusty Finish.

Thauros
Jan 29, 2003

xNarUtoRKOrton420x posted:

Assuming it's Cena/Brock it seems like they really want to Cena/Rock 2 lightning to hit again. How can we make the rematch bigger? Add the title! And honestly it might and it could help subs, although I'd honestly prefer something like Bray/Bryan 2 for the title with Bryan winning the title back while keeping Cena/Lesnar separate. Would be a nice way to bring Bryan back and let him get his win back from the Wyatts.

Also I didn't realise until a friend pointed it out to me, but Wyatts could walk out with a lot of gold coming out of MitB, I want that so bad now :allears:

I like the idea of Brock winning the title at Summerslam myself. He demanded a title shot in February and iirc proceeded to win a match of some importance at WrestleMania. Guy should be getting a shot.

Ideally I wish he could win it from a healthy and competently booked Bryan coming off a feud with somoene that wasn't Kane, but there's nothing that can be done about that now. Cena's the best placeholder champ if they go that route. And honestly, if his last reign pre-injury was the best they're willing to book Bryan I have no desire to see him back with the belt anytime soon.

Thauros fucked around with this message at 23:14 on Jun 21, 2014

Meat Recital
Mar 26, 2009

by zen death robot

Daniel Bryan posted:

Wrestling Observer daily update posted:

-- WWE sent out a survey asking fans who they wanted Brock Lesnar to challenge for the WWE World Heavyweight Title at SummerSlam. So that's confirmed.

I'm sure they will give deep thought to the survey responses and not just go with whoever they want.

Sum Mors
Feb 21, 2008
Didn't see it commented on, but the other day WWE had an article/thing on their front page saying there was a return to the "Ruthless Aggression Era". Are they testing the waters on if it is okay to talk about Benoit again?

Doing a search I can't find an article titled that, maybe it was just a headline. I don't see it on their front page anymore.

Sum Mors fucked around with this message at 23:34 on Jun 21, 2014

keithy george
Jan 8, 2008

On the running live stream, there are so many frequent Benoit appearances now that they should probably just start tagging the matches so that your attention isn't drawn to the big 30 minute gap in the tags of every show he's on.

Cardboard Box
Jul 14, 2009

:lol:

Anime Device posted:

Sorry, but I miss Batista already.

me too

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Roman Reigns
Aug 23, 2007

Supreme Allah posted:

Is this really true?

• Locked thread