Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
booksnake
May 4, 2009

we who are crowned with the crest of wisdom
Hah. I just realized the Gaku hivemind is stuck in groupthink because it only keeps echoing its own dumb premise of trying to find an enemy to fight from killing Yukari.

It's kind of depressing! Someone probably saw the self-destruction coming when that page where Gaku's "internal" criticism got silenced.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dr_Amazing
Apr 15, 2006

It's a long story

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich

Gaku's gonna kill us all :gonk:

Namnesor
Jun 29, 2005

Dante's allowance - $100
No one can hurt Yukari if she never existed in the first place :unsmigghh:

Squidster
Oct 7, 2008

✋😢Life's just better with Ominous Gloves🤗🧤
:suspense: This can't be good. Is this she going to start tweaking universal constants?

SwissArmyDruid
Feb 14, 2014

by sebmojo

SwissArmyDruid posted:

The way this is rapidly expanding, I'm predicting a "If I can't have her, NOBODY WILL." scenario.

Dark_Tzitzimine posted:

Gaku's gonna kill us all :gonk:

Called it!

Raenir Salazar
Nov 5, 2010

College Slice
Gaku don't do it!

It's just going to keep on escalating won't it?

NowonSA
Jul 19, 2013

I am the sexiest poster in the world!
Gaku plz. Plz no Gaku. The human race is doomed!

Ardeem
Sep 16, 2010

There is no problem that cannot be solved through sufficient application of lasers and friendship.
Clearly the only option is to kill all the humans and replace them with robots programmed not to hurt Yukari.

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich

Ardeem posted:

Clearly the only option is to kill all the humans and replace them with robots programmed not to hurt Yukari.

You know that one of them will blow on Yukari's face :v:

Algid
Oct 10, 2007

The point of the anthropic principle is that any life that exists conforms to the universe, not the other way around.

Don't really see how she's going to build her robot world from that though.

Dr_Amazing
Apr 15, 2006

It's a long story

quote:

The strong anthropic principle (SAP) as explained by Barrow and Tipler (see variants) states that this is all the case because the Universe is compelled, in some sense, for conscious life to eventually emerge. Critics of the SAP argue in favor of a weak anthropic principle (WAP) similar to the one defined by Brandon Carter, which states that the universe's ostensible fine tuning is the result of selection bias: i.e., only in a universe capable of eventually supporting life will there be living beings capable of observing any such fine tuning, while a universe less compatible with life will go unbeheld.

It looks like there's a few different points of view on it.

Raenir Salazar
Nov 5, 2010

College Slice
It's also applicable to fiction, for example, even if its probably impossible for Gaku to be able to shift timelines as she does, if she couldn't then there would be no story and so justifies its own existence.

FutureCop
Jun 7, 2011

Have you heard of Fermat's principle?

Dr_Amazing posted:

The next bit is getting into some alternative reasons Yukari keeps dying. It's slow going though. The bits where she sits in space and talks about physics take forever. There's twice as much text and basically no context clues. I'll have the next chunk up soon.

I know how you feel; whenever Gaku starts talking to herself in spaaace, it's a nightmare for translations. It's all Copenhagen-this and Anthropic-that. My pace is definitely going to slow down on these pages; I'm doing a rough translation for all the pages and then using the context from all of them to go back and retranslate again, and then probably one more time to make it understandable in layman's terms. It's a pain, but in the end, this story is so awesome that it's a treat.

As a throwback for these 'determining reality through observation' physics, remember that you can go back to the earlier chapters to see Nanami talk about this. She uses similar imagery in describing when reality is determined: is it when one opens the box? When our eyes see the light shape the cat's form? What if there's a bigger box covering us that has yet to be opened by a bigger observer? And so on and so forth.

K Prime
Nov 4, 2009

My thoughts:
The reason Yukari sees everyone as robots is they are robots. Gaku's meddling is going to replace everyone else on Earth with P-zombie robots, including herself somehow. She's already changed the past. Yukari isn't the weird one- she's the only real human left.

Insonix
Dec 5, 2007

DON'T BET ON ME.
since gaku found a way to become pretty much (almost) anyone, and considering the stuff on the latest pages... maybe she's gonna attempt to become some form of "universal consciousness"?

So far the gaku collective can only take one form on a given universe. Perhaps she's expanding the idea to several (or all) indivuduals on a given universe.

This could create some kind of separation on the collective... maybe creating factions between diferent gakus...

Goddamn... I know we've been throwing theories on this but it's just so unpredictable... can't wait to see what happens next.

Opps edited for spoilers. Sorry.

Blhue
Apr 22, 2008

Fallen Rib
Looks like someone just tossed the completed chapter onto Batoto credited as translated by Something Awful.

MiddleOne
Feb 17, 2011

Blhue posted:

Looks like someone just tossed the completed chapter onto Batoto credited as translated by Something Awful.

Someone instantly copied it to kissmanga and didn't credit it at all. :v:

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
i want to achieve immortality through not dying
Quick, someone make a credits page begging for recruits.

(Don't actually do this.)

ViggyNash
Oct 9, 2012

ViggyNash posted:

Gaku will massacre the entire planet and leave nothing but a barren, rotting mound of rock as she and Yukari leave on the first intergalactic spaceship she built herself using her time loving abilities. But then they will be attacked by aliens and Yukari will die any way.

This will occur next chapter.

Goddamit, I was just kidding, Gaku.

Dr_Amazing
Apr 15, 2006

It's a long story
Sorry it's been a whil but the next bunch should be a lot faster.

jwang
Mar 31, 2013
And thus, cult leader Gaku is now a go! Bringing in the new age religion of worshiping the one true goddess, Yukari, all others shall fall to the purging flames of JAUNT.

Squidster
Oct 7, 2008

✋😢Life's just better with Ominous Gloves🤗🧤
I'm not sure how Gaku becoming the Tengen Toppa of Schrodinger's Box-openers ties into this latest run-through but at least it's not wiping out all life in the galaxy.

Dog Kisser
Mar 30, 2005

But People have fears that beasts do not. Questions, too.
Jeeesus.

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich
:suspense:

Poor Alice :smith:

Traveller
Jan 6, 2012

WHIM AND FOPPERY

I like how Gaku dates the guy "to do something human", then she brainwashes Alice because she knows how she's going to react to anything Gaku may do.

Wait, maybe "like" is not the word. :suspense:

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Sakurazuka posted:

gently caress me. :gonk:

Empty quoting myself because I just don't loving care any more.

Raenir Salazar
Nov 5, 2010

College Slice
I don't understand what's going on! :stare:

AgentHaiTo
Feb 7, 2003

Well, isn't this a coincidence? So, um, how you doing? You're busy, I know and I don't want to distract you, please, don't let me interrupt you.
Wait, how is becoming head of Jaunt going to do anything with Yukari already dead? And didn't she already try everything possible with Alice?

Traveller
Jan 6, 2012

WHIM AND FOPPERY

AgentHaiTo posted:

Wait, how is becoming head of Jaunt going to do anything with Yukari already dead? And didn't she already try everything possible with Alice?

She tried everything to figure out why Yukari had died. Now I think she's going to use Jaunt's resources to rewrite reality.

Or something worse. This loving manga.

YggdrasilTM
Nov 7, 2011

Raenir Salazar posted:

I don't understand what's going on! :stare:

I think I know what she wants to do, but it's a bit ambitious.
Spoiler - theoryShe thinks that the anthropic principle is a demonstration that future observers influence retroactively the past. She wants to use JAUNT to change the mindset of collective humanity. In this way a new change in the past with a living Yukari will be permitted by humanity collective unconscious

Ardeem
Sep 16, 2010

There is no problem that cannot be solved through sufficient application of lasers and friendship.

YggdrasilTM posted:

Spoiler - theoryShe thinks that the anthropic principle is a demonstration that future observers influence retroactively the past. She wants to use JAUNT to change the mindset of collective humanity. In this way a new change in the past with a living Yukari will be permitted by humanity collective unconscious

:drat: Last time somebody tried that Code Geass happened.

Ethiser
Dec 31, 2011

Ardeem posted:

"I've finally worked it out. I have been born a crown prince in this new world I have created and Yukari is my younger sister. I finally know what I must do to save her."

AfroSquirrel
Sep 3, 2011

Ardeem posted:

If super robots aren't part of the solution, then you never had a problem in the first place.

MiddleOne
Feb 17, 2011

AfroSquirrel posted:

If super robots aren't part of the solution, then you never had a problem in the first place.

Surfing super robots fighting against a world devouring super consciousness. I'm calling it, Qualia the Purple is a prequel to Eureka 7.

Raenir Salazar
Nov 5, 2010

College Slice
I don't even know if I want to see how Gaku will manage to corrupt the Mecha genre in her quest.

Ardeem
Sep 16, 2010

Raenir Salazar posted:

I don't even know if I want to see how Gaku will manage to corrupt the Mecha genre in her quest.

Somebody has forgotten how the incident with the serial killer goes.

ViggyNash
Oct 9, 2012

YggdrasilTM posted:

I swear this is an actual theory, that describing the world through math is what creates the laws they describe, laws that then apply to the history of the world.

I can't figure out who said this, but I am very sure someone famous (I want to say Einstein) did.

Dr_Amazing
Apr 15, 2006

It's a long story
I think you may be on the right track.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
i want to achieve immortality through not dying
"Guys Yukari was super cute, stop wishing her dead. Later."

• Locked thread