Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Buschmaki
Dec 26, 2012

‿︵‿︵‿︵‿Lean Addict︵‿︵‿︵‿
I'm always seein' goons talking about how great the soundtrack to Metal Gear Rising is. Holy poo poo is it loving terrible, it's the kind of poo poo goths at the mall listen to. It seems like Platinum just decided their game should have the same music from a Dead Rising game, but instead of licensing actual songs they used some lovely band no one has ever heard of. It's a good game, but why is everyone in love with the soundtrack?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Twitch
Apr 15, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
whatever, dad :rolleyes:

TOILETLORD
Nov 13, 2012

by XyloJW
Its terrible but its because its not just ambient noise or beeps and boops or fantasy music. Some nerds got a sound track to a game they feel like they can listen to in a car like its normal human music.

Shirley Crabtree
Aug 8, 2012
The only video game soundtracks that are good are Tony Hawks Pro Skater if you listen to any others you are a big fat nerd.

Dubious
Mar 7, 2006

The Heroes the Vikings Deserve
Lipstick Apathy

Gypsum Fantastic posted:

The only video game soundtracks that are good are Tony Hawks Pro Skater if you listen to any others you are a big fat nerd.

AMEOBA

THPS3 was the best, qtiyd

a hole-y ghost
May 10, 2010

anime

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)
It is not great music on its own but I thought it fit really well with the cheesy over the top setting in the game. Like, you'd figth a boss and this ridiculous energetic music would just start blaring out loud and I definitely liked it

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)
by the way metal gear rising was really fun, though it kind of got too easy once I learned to block

TOILETLORD
Nov 13, 2012

by XyloJW
The problem was the music was so generic, like if they hired creed to make happy music.

Fagmaster
Aug 21, 2004

i only listen to retarded midi circus music at 67.3% of true speed

Dubious
Mar 7, 2006

The Heroes the Vikings Deserve
Lipstick Apathy

Fagmaster posted:

i only listen to retarded midi circus music at 67.3% of true speed

that's very specific are you an autist

Titty Warlord
Apr 28, 2013
gbs bringing the opinions goons do not want to here

have my upvote le good sir

Shirley Crabtree
Aug 8, 2012
The old Fifa games had ok music too stuff like Chumbawumba basically music that's in charts and that real people listen to is fine but if its written just for a computer game and you listen to it when not playing a game wtf is wrong with you.

a misanthrope
Jun 21, 2010

:burgerpug::burgerpug::burgerpug::burgerpug::burgerpug:

Facepalm Ranger
Jan 17, 2012

SOME PEOPLE FIND HOME APPLIANCES SEXUALLY AROUSING! ZORDS ARE NOT APPLIANCES, DAMMIT!
Listen to the lyrics. I caught the odd word when playing and it's loving hilarious!

YoungSexualNorton
Aug 8, 2004
These are good for the children's brains.
what thread or forum are you going to where you see opinions about video game sound tracks regularly.

the problem is inside you, and whatever part of your lovely stunted brain is saying "hey this is mostly cool, EXCEPT the stuff about sound tracks" when you're apparently frequenting a watering hole for autistic retards

Hobohemian
Sep 30, 2005

by XyloJW
Those Bit.Trip games have pretty good music.

SPACE HOMOS
Jan 12, 2005

dmc3 had pretty funny music.

boom boom boom
Jun 28, 2012

by Shine
It works really well with the game

ElectricSheep
Jan 14, 2006

she had tiny Italian boobs.
Well that's my story.
those are just the RULES OF NATURE

darealkooky
Sep 15, 2011

You sayin' I like dubs?!?
lol if you don't like the jet set radio soundtrack

Abysswalker
Apr 25, 2013

TangentEnigma posted:

what thread or forum are you going to where you see opinions about video game sound tracks regularly.

guess, it's not hard

boom boom boom
Jun 28, 2012

by Shine
Let's just make this the good video game music thread

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J6xTT9DSNd0

Robo Reagan
Feb 12, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
i'm musically self sufficient

Buschmaki
Dec 26, 2012

‿︵‿︵‿︵‿Lean Addict︵‿︵‿︵‿

boom boom boom posted:

Let's just make this the good video game music thread

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J6xTT9DSNd0

Okay
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7U-afzQ1RAc

Katamari Democracy
Jan 19, 2010

Guess what! :love:
Guess what this is? :love:
A Post, Just for you! :love:
Wedge Regret
I unironically bought the soundtrack and it owns. Granted the lyrics are real out there but at least it has some sick solos.

Gutcruncher
Apr 16, 2005

Go home and be a family man!
Whats it like being the worlds biggest dumbest idiot?

1gnoirents
Jun 28, 2014

hello :)
I was like there was a soundtrack to metal gear solid then I re read

wtf is metal gear rising?

does it have katy perry?

Grondoth
Feb 18, 2011
MGR used its soundtrack really well

flerp
Feb 25, 2014
Idk, I just like it.

Why do you like your music OP?

Disco Pope
Dec 6, 2004

Top Class!
If we're making this the video game music thread then this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0kcF7E69C6Q

HJE-Cobra
Jul 15, 2007

Bear Witness

Hell Gem
It really works well in the game, cause they make the music more intense when cool stuff is happening and whatever. Like, it starts off rad, but then you do something cool and another track of the music kicks in and man everything goes nuts.

Basically, you had to be there

a bone to pick
Sep 14, 2011

by FactsAreUseless
Usually I cannot stand that type of whiney wannabe metal music, its popular in anime and with complete dweebs.

But it definitely made sense in MGR because playing that game was basically like playing through some goofy anime, and you'd have to be a big dweeb to play it.

Gyshall
Feb 24, 2009

Had a couple of drinks.
Saw a couple of things.
kill yourself OP

Flavahbeast
Jul 21, 2001

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6o47N-aYd08

a bone to pick
Sep 14, 2011

by FactsAreUseless
Castlevania lord of darkness has one of the best soundtracks I've heard so far, fits the mood absolutely perfectly.

SpazmasterX
Jul 13, 2006

Wrong about everything XIV related
~fartz~
imagine beating up the OP while listening to rules of nature

RAGE HOLE
Jun 7, 2006

Stendhal Stockholm
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g3fWCNPo7sI

The handheld camera for this horse scene is a nice touch. It is very accurate in simulating what it is like to have a palsied Peter Pan flying around and above the two men as he is filming the scene on his iphone.

Also enjoy more terrible music.

RAGE HOLE fucked around with this message at 22:04 on Jul 2, 2014

Frostwerks
Sep 24, 2007

by Lowtax

Dubious posted:

AMEOBA

THPS3 was the best, qtiyd

is ameoba and acronymn

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mud Shark
May 12, 2012
what the gently caress is wrong with you plebs that the black mages haven't been posted yet

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E4SSDXFB_90

• Locked thread