Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Good Citizen
Aug 12, 2008

trump trump trump trump trump trump trump trump trump trump

thehustler posted:

Also worth pointing out again that so many women don't understand the difference between curvy and fat.

What are you talking about that woman is clearly the same size as Marilyn Monroe

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TERRIBLE SHITLORD
Oct 20, 2005

MY NIGGA HAVE
YOU TRIED LSD

I have never heard of this guy until now but I like him already.

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN
still an lol that to some people, saying #thinspiration is like saying a racial slur

Overwined
Sep 22, 2008

Wine can of their wits the wise beguile,
Make the sage frolic, and the serious smile.

Three Olives posted:

BMI is completely invalid I'm as healthy as any thin person with your unrealistic ~standards of beauty~, when you really think about it I'm probably even healthier than them.

I'm not a skinny guy and her knee has more fat that my gut, holy poo poo.

#proud2Bbodyshaming

a misanthrope
Jun 21, 2010

:burgerpug::burgerpug::burgerpug::burgerpug::burgerpug:
this thread is blowing my mind

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here
she's really gross and fat and i feel like opening up a twitter account just to tell her so.

MMOs & Welfare
Jan 24, 2007

by Lowtax

the last thing a corndog ever sees

stuntwaffle
Mar 7, 2007

I wish Starbound was a dick so I could put it in my ass and mouth!

Three Olives
Apr 10, 2005

Don't forget Hitler's contributions to medicine.
‘To whom it may concern,

To say I’ve had enough of your discriminatory sales practices is an understatement of astronomical proportions. This $5 swim separate sale today is the last straw for me.

Take a look at your straight size collection:

And now look at the same section (‘mix and match’) on your plus size section:

Not only are the plus size clothes SIGNIFICANTLY more frumpy/less stylish, but do you not see the MASSIVE price discrepancy? Even WITHOUT today’s sale, a straight size bikini top in a cute pattern goes for $15, while a plain, boring, black bikini top in plus sizes sells for nearly THREE TIMES as much. You can say what you want about plus size clothes needing more fabric, but there is no way you can possibly excuse charging THREE TIMES as much for an inferior product just because it’s made for fat people. That is nothing except poor sales practice.

Not including your plus size customers in today’s sale goes beyond oversight into straight up discrimination. Which shouldn’t surprise me. Your company refuses to sell plus size clothes in store, forcing your larger customers to have to buy online without any way to try on the product or judge the quality without spending money first. Even with a free return policy, it doesn’t make up for the convenience of being able to walk into a brick and mortar store and try on clothes the way everyone else can. Your practice sends a very clear message: ‘If you’re fat, we will take your money, but we don’t want to see you in our stores.’ That is a horrendous way to treat your fat customers. If you don’t want fat people in your stores, don’t sell plus size clothes at all. Treating us like second class citizens is rude and pernicious.

In addition: your plus size sizing is AWFUL. It’s inconsistent, and you can buy two products in the same size and have one be far too big and one far too small. This would be an issue even if you did sell in store, but since you only sell online a customer literally has NO idea what to expect when they order your pieces.

Please be aware that there is a MASSIVE market for plus size clothing. There is no shortage of fat people these days, and contrary to what you might think, most of us actually do enjoy wearing stylish, on-trend, good quality clothing. There are more and more independent and small businesses who cater to the plus size community, and they actually listen to their customers, treat them well, and give them what they want. Don’t believe me? Check out sites like Domino Dollhouse or ASOS Curve. You are quickly losing ground.

Please also be aware that there is a large plus size community online, and we talk. We have a very powerful voice. As of the time I’m writing this email, news of your sale has been posted in facebook groups with over 8,000 members, on multiple blogging sites and on social media networks including facebook, tumblr, and instagram. In this day of age, word travels quickly, and social networking is an extremely powerful tool. Your practices do not go unnoticed.

It’s time to start listening to your plus size customers. There are certainly enough of us. With some actual effort, your plus size line could be a huge hit, not to mention a money maker. And let’s be honest, it’s all about the bottom line in the end, isn’t it?

You have the opportunity here to make a real difference. I sincerely hope you take it. Until then, I will remain disappointed, and I will no longer shop at Old Navy, and encourage everyone I know, plus size or not, to avoid your store as well.

Regards,

Amber

Three Olives fucked around with this message at 19:34 on Jul 2, 2014

Cursed Lumberjack
Nov 14, 2006
A rather unfortunate logger indeed.

Spanish Manlove posted:

I'm her second gut aka FUPA

thats not just a fupa

that's a supa dupa king koopa fupa

Action Tortoise
Feb 18, 2012

A wolf howls.
I know how he feels.
I thought thinspiration was a pro ana thing. That's really funny that it triggered people who had no need to pick a fight with a paid glutton.

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here

:laffo:

Dr. Carwash
Sep 16, 2006

Senpai...
My dad lost like 12 pounds in month by simply not snacking. Maybe that land whale should give my dad's arcane methods a whirl.

MeLKoR
Dec 23, 2004

by FactsAreUseless
Amber Sarah has a fat oval office, but a fat oval office doesn't define who she is.

Overwined
Sep 22, 2008

Wine can of their wits the wise beguile,
Make the sage frolic, and the serious smile.

Action Tortoise posted:

I thought thinspiration was a pro ana thing. That's really funny that it triggered people who had no need to pick a fight with a paid glutton.

No you see they're mad because he was part of the freakshow and that he got out.

Cucking Mama
Sep 27, 2013

Gold Medalist, 2014 shit post olympics
she's made a lot of bad decisions, sounds like

Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Dec 22, 2005

GET LOSE, YOU CAN'T COMPARE WITH MY POWERS
please also be aware that there is a plus size plus size community online

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here

MeLKoR posted:

Amber Sarah has a fat oval office, but a fat oval office doesn't define who she is.

if you could find it. might just be a roll or two. you never know

Shirley Crabtree
Aug 8, 2012
Post the nudes already OP.

Cthulu Carl
Apr 16, 2006

Bedshaped posted:

bully him incessantly as work please

My entire team does.

It's funny, too because one of them is like 400 pounds, but since he can actually walk to the elevator without heaving and gasping for breath, he's already in great shape compared to the fatter dude.

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN

Action Tortoise posted:

apparently #thinspiration was like an aenorixic thing so the proper term is #fitspiration which I guess is like black vs POC to some people

Not Nipsy Russell
Oct 6, 2004

Failure is always an option.

Three Olives posted:

BMI is completely invalid I'm as healthy as any thin person with your unrealistic ~standards of beauty~, when you really think about it I'm probably even healthier than them.

If I tell you where to look, could you
touch
your
toes?

porkchop_express
May 27, 2004

Gypsum Fantastic posted:

Post the nudes already OP.

once this happens there will be no going back

Cucking Mama
Sep 27, 2013

what a fat pig that girl is

breadshaped
Apr 1, 2010

Soiled Meat
I don't even want to imagine what the genitals of that whale look like.

Action Tortoise
Feb 18, 2012

A wolf howls.
I know how he feels.
From pig to man, and from woman to whale

Three Olives
Apr 10, 2005

Don't forget Hitler's contributions to medicine.
Listen I understand there is more fabric in plus sized clothing but paying three times as much for a XXXXL shirt is ridiculous and why is it so frumpy? You don't think your body thinning clothing technology is good enough for your plus sized customers?

Shirley Crabtree
Aug 8, 2012

porkchop_express posted:

once this happens there will be no going back

no going back in my trousers you mean, come on OP don't be such a tease

PyPy
Sep 13, 2004

by vyelkin
She def has a fat oval office.

Cucking Mama
Sep 27, 2013

what does your doctor say if you look like that

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here
Nudes:

:nws:
http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/9/97/Piglets1.jpg
:nws:

Cursed Lumberjack
Nov 14, 2006

Jeffrey posted:

please also be aware that there is a plus size plus size community online

that is doubleplus ungood

Cursed Lumberjack
Nov 14, 2006

Cucking Mama posted:

"ugh"

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN

Cucking Mama posted:

"ok fine you're healthy just keep giving me money and stop shopping around for doctors"

Haverchuck
May 6, 2005

the coolest
kill

Manifest
Jul 7, 2007

HELLO THERE I COME FROM THE FUTURE

poo poo, and his show is cancelled?
This sounds like the kind of dude I want to watch.

TERRIBLE SHITLORD
Oct 20, 2005

MY NIGGA HAVE
YOU TRIED LSD
Somehow I find it hard to believe that these fat pieces of poo poo have come to terms with their size and live happy, healthy lives when all of their free time is dedicated to flying into feral fits of rage at complete strangers over the internet.

You are not fooling anyone land whale, you hate yourself and I hate you too.

Gatts
Jan 2, 2001

Goodnight Moon

Nap Ghost

That guys soul is being devoured from within with each word that comes out of her mouth. It's her. She is eating his soul and we are watching a man die.

...get the axe.

Donovan Trip
Jan 6, 2007
I lost 150 pounds so I have no sympathy for people who think the rules of society need to change around their lazy delusions.

I'm also really tall so most clothes just don't fit me either.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here

Manifest posted:

poo poo, and his show is cancelled?
This sounds like the kind of dude I want to watch.

the US is too "pc"

drat

• Locked thread