Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
stuntwaffle
Mar 7, 2007

I wish Starbound was a dick so I could put it in my ass and mouth!
poo poo i have writer's block because i'm an alcoholic

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Alberto Basalm
Nov 14, 2005

*squirming and twitching on the floor due to cocaine overdose*

Junkfist
Oct 7, 2004

FRIEND?
And then he becomes a lumberjack.

MyronGognitti
Jun 15, 2008

by zen death robot
*scratches eraser end of pencil under triple chin*

have they had a dream sequence where they go to space before?

mazzi Chart Czar
Sep 24, 2005

MyronGognitti posted:

Yeah, but tv watchers are stupid, so do it again.

big black turnout
Jan 13, 2009

Fallen Rib

Junkfist posted:

And then he becomes a lumberjack.

gently caress thgat show

stuntwaffle
Mar 7, 2007

MyronGognitti posted:

but this time it's in the 80s

Ride The Gravitron
May 2, 2008

by FactsAreUseless
"And it's about nothing?"

"Absolutely nothing."

"So you're saying, I go in to NBC, and tell them I got this idea for a show about nothing."

"We go into NBC."

"'We'? Since when are you a writer?"

"(Scoffs) Writer. We're talking about a sit-com."

"You want to go with me to NBC?"

"Yeah. I think we really go something here."

"What do we got?"

"An idea."

"What idea?"

"An idea for the show."

"I still don't know what the idea is."

"It's about nothing."

"Right."

"Everybody's doing something, we'll do nothing."

"So, we go into NBC, we tell them we've got an idea for a show about nothing."

"Exactly."

"They say, 'What's your show about?' I say, 'Nothing.'"

Alucard
Mar 11, 2002
Pillbug
What if we make the main character poo poo in a bucket... in front of his fiancee's family.

Idiot Kicker
Jun 13, 2007
Script we've already basically used before...but in Los Angeles!

Hector Beerlioz
Jun 16, 2010

aw, hec
Hey, what if Principal Skinner isn't really Principal Skinner, but some other guy that switched identities with an army buddy who went missing in Vietnam.

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

Drippy-goo-yay, mother-gunker!
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Simpsons_(season_24)

MyronGognitti
Jun 15, 2008

by zen death robot
have we used up all the characters relatives? cause we got a mandate to bring in william shatner for a guest role and i got a great plot idea cookin' here...

Alec Bald Snatch
Sep 12, 2012

by exmarx
does a clip show count toward the syndication number?

Salt Fish
Sep 11, 2003

Cybernetic Crumb

lol

quote:

The Simpsons return to New York City after Bart discovers that, out of all of the female interests he has had, the only one who liked him was Cletus the Slack-Jawed Yokel's daughter, Mary (from "Apocalypse Cow"), and now that Mary's made it to the Big Apple to be a writer for Saturday Night Live, Bart wants to see her again.

Its like a team of professional writers sat down to make funny replies to this thread but then really made them.

Nog
May 15, 2006

what's something hip that we can mention to show relevance to today's market? what about iphones, huh? like we could do an episode where mike loses his "myphone" and loses track of all his friends because he doesn't know their numbers or something

Clochette
Aug 12, 2013

I know what will breathe new life into the show... an adorable younger relative with a speech impediment!

stuntwaffle
Mar 7, 2007

MyronGognitti posted:

have we used up all the characters relatives? cause we got a mandate to bring in william shatner for a guest role and i got a great plot idea cookin' here...

we killed them all in the alt history episode where the holocaust never ended, but if you recall the neighbor did have that boyhood dream about building a robot version of the family dog, maybe he can do the voice?

MyronGognitti
Jun 15, 2008

by zen death robot

ripped0ff posted:

what's something hip that we can mention to show relevance to today's market? what about iphones, huh? like we could do an episode where mike loses his "myphone" and loses track of all his friends because he doesn't know their numbers or something

Wife: did you check your backpocket?

Mike: "Now why would it be... oh - it was in my backpocket all this time." Wide shot of a sheepish Mike. "This Apple iPhone™ sure is slim!"

Junkfist
Oct 7, 2004

FRIEND?
Zack Morris buys slave child to do homework. Learns lesson about responsibility etc. Slave child disposed of somehow at eos. Eaten at diner??? 1st draft rdy tmrw

Nog
May 15, 2006

MyronGognitti posted:

Wife: did you check your backpocket?

Mike: "Now why would it be... oh - it was in my backpocket all this time." Wide shot of a sheepish Mike. "This Apple iPhone™ sure is slim!"

good start man, but you're missing out on some prime comedy chances here. mike's wife finds the phone in his backpocket after she runs it through the laundry.

this is why i'm lead writer and get paid the big bucks. take some notes, chump.

Nog
May 15, 2006

stuntwaffle posted:

we killed them all in the alt history episode where the holocaust never ended, but if you recall the neighbor did have that boyhood dream about building a robot version of the family dog, maybe he can do the voice?

now you're cooking with gas! stuntwaffle, i'm moving you to the big leagues. i want you working on the christmas special. make sure we get at least one musical number in there.

MyronGognitti
Jun 15, 2008

by zen death robot

ripped0ff posted:

good start man, but you're missing out on some prime comedy chances here. mike's wife finds the phone in his backpocket after she runs it through the laundry.

this is why i'm lead writer and get paid the big bucks. take some notes, chump.

no it's funny because mike is the one the audience relates to, as he's a loving manchild idiot who didn't notice he was sitting on a piece of hard plastic throughout the entire day. it's something they can relate with

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

Main character slips and hits his head, imagines his future with all of the regular cast playing hilarious older or child versions of themselves.

MyronGognitti
Jun 15, 2008

by zen death robot

Lobok posted:

Main character slips and hits his head, imagines his future with all of the regular cast playing hilarious older or child versions of themselves.

is it set during christmas?

Rand alPaul
Feb 3, 2010

by Nyc_Tattoo
If we just keep having guest voice stars come to town and interact with our characters, it'll create infinite storylines and topical humor jokes.

stuntwaffle
Mar 7, 2007

maybe if we replace mike's dick with an iphone after a bungled vasectomy but he doesn't realize it until he tries to sex up his wife. this opens up the door for a lot of "is that an iphone in your pocket or are you just happy to see me?" jokes

Painful Dart Bomb
May 23, 2012

And he was talking 'fore I knew it, and as he grew he'd say "I'm gonna be like you, dad" "You know I'm gonna be like you".
Everyone gets married but it was all a dream?

The Casualty
Sep 29, 2006
Security Clearance: Pop Secret

Whiny baby
The male lead is unable to be filmed during his contract dispute. We'll have to write in a previously unmentioned cousin to visit while the husband is "out of town." Get Adam Baldwin on the phone, tell him we'll pay him in bitcoins.

Nelson Mandingo
Mar 27, 2005

Sigh...poo poo. I don't know Bob...I don't know anymore. *takes a drag off his cigarette*

Rand alPaul
Feb 3, 2010

by Nyc_Tattoo
Hey you know what is hilarious? Broadway musical references. Because everyone went to Princeton and grew up as a trust fund baby, right?

Nelson Mandingo
Mar 27, 2005

Microsoft is calling again guys. Look, they don't think we're putting in enough advertisements for their products. We gotta think of some way to include the Surface into this scene.

I don't have to remind you that your bonus salary comes from them. So get it done.

MyronGognitti
Jun 15, 2008

by zen death robot

Nelson Mandingo posted:

Microsoft is calling again guys. Look, they don't think we're putting in enough advertisements for their products. We gotta think of some way to include the Surface into this scene.

I don't have to remind you that your bonus salary comes from them. So get it done.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nfHuZ5qrYX4

if i did it once, i'll do it again

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

MyronGognitti posted:

is it set during christmas?

Yes. Bruce Willis guest stars and kills everyone.

Oh Hell No
Oct 10, 2007

I've got the world on a string.

The alpha couple's getting too cozy again, and we need to reintroduce some conflict. How about we break them up for a season so they can have a series of one-episode relationships with people who seem perfect but then turn out to be totally batshit?

Ride The Gravitron
May 2, 2008

by FactsAreUseless
What if it turns out the whole season has been nothing but the title character writing a fake book about what could have been because their real life is now poo poo?

MeLKoR
Dec 23, 2004

by FactsAreUseless
What if we had an episode were we change some event from 4 seasons ago and show the unintended consequences of that chance?
Oh we already did that? gently caress lets just go with a baseball episode then.

Subliminal Sauce
Apr 6, 2010

Spreading freedom and spreading it thick; that's just a thing us right-wing nutjobs do!
Word's come down from the network brass. We need more hitlerlove so Betty White needs to 'stache up

MyronGognitti
Jun 15, 2008

by zen death robot

The Feldman Felcher posted:

Word's come down from the network brass. We need more hitlerlove so Betty White needs to 'stache up

ooooooh can we make her a swearing granny though?

i hope we can still get away with saying bitch

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rand alPaul
Feb 3, 2010

by Nyc_Tattoo

Nelson Mandingo posted:

: Homie, I uploaded the grocery list to your iPhone using the cloud and web 2.0 based eSolutions from Verizon.

: D'oh!

• Locked thread