Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Tulip
Jun 3, 2008

yeah thats pretty good

It actually wouldn't be hard for them to add like +damage/rof stocks and +damage/rof on the zombie hunter and the Reineld owuld probably be a good pick again, but whatever we got new shootgonnes.

:f5:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sockerbagarn
Sep 8, 2007

All makt åt Tengil, vår befriare.
Game is updating!

Rotten Red Rod
Mar 5, 2002

Sockerbagarn posted:

Game is updating!

And shotgun pack is buyable. $5.

Tulip
Jun 3, 2008

yeah thats pretty good

They Live.

Alkydere
Jun 7, 2010
Capitol: A building or complex of buildings in which any legislature meets.
Capital: A city designated as a legislative seat by the government or some other authority, often the city in which the government is located; otherwise the most important city within a country or a subdivision of it.

Sockerbagarn posted:

Game is updating!

Store page is up!

Time to get your shoot on, goons!

Reith
Jul 23, 2007

Changelog posted:

When going into custody, the special equipment will be given to another player who's still alive

Anyone know what they mean by this?

Sockerbagarn
Sep 8, 2007

All makt åt Tengil, vår befriare.

Reith posted:

Anyone know what they mean by this?

Stuff like ingredients for rats day 1 I assume.

Geight
Aug 7, 2010

Oh, All-Knowing One, behold me!
Odds of finding Train Heist address is now 50%. :stare:

Liquid Penguins
Feb 18, 2006

by Cowcaster
Grimey Drawer

Geight posted:

The exact opposite of what my friends and I wanted! :v:

Rotten Red Rod
Mar 5, 2002

Geight posted:

Welp, just reinforces the "always play with goons" thing.

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
Man, I'm going through this disillusioned loop with this game where I want to buy the new DLC under the guise that it's only a fiver-ish, but I already know inside that I'm going to play one round, go "this game still isn't magically fun", and uninstall it again. The shotgun pack is just the latest stopgap in that loop.

CJacobs fucked around with this message at 21:11 on Jul 3, 2014

Reith
Jul 23, 2007
I really wish they would add preplanning to the train heist. Except instead of voting on escape routes you would be able to vote on if you even want to loving do it.

Some rear end in a top hat always accidentally picks those blueprints up. :argh:

Legit Businessman
Sep 2, 2007

CJacobs posted:

Man, I'm going through this disillusioned loop with this game whee I want to buy the new DLC under the guise that it's only a fiver-ish, but I already know inside that I'm going to play one round, go "this game still isn't magically fun", and uninstall it again. The shotgun pack is just the latest stopgap in that loop.

What makes the game not fun for you amy more? How does one get jaded with makin' bacon?

Crabtree
Oct 17, 2012

ARRRGH! Get that wallet out!
Everybody: Lowtax in a Pickle!
Pickle! Pickle! Pickle! Pickle!

Dinosaur Gum

Sockerbagarn posted:

Stuff like ingredients for rats day 1 I assume.

Yeah, anything that is mission required changes places to a member that isn't in custody. It's been doing that for a while now.

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

If there's anything more important than my ego around, I want it caught and shot now.
^^ I would figure Crowbar, Keycard, Planks, Chemicals, et al.

CJacobs posted:

Man, I'm going through this disillusioned loop with this game where I want to buy the new DLC under the guise that it's only a fiver-ish, but I already know inside that I'm going to play one round, go "this game still isn't magically fun", and uninstall it again. The shotgun pack is just the latest stopgap in that loop.

Obviously some new guns isn't going to fundamentally change the game so if you aren't having fun anymore go play something else. Meanwhile we're having fun so we're gonna buy the DLC. Okay thanks. :downs:

maswastaken
Nov 12, 2011

Since it's the stupidest thing to forget and so was worth checking: Yes, you can totally alert everyone in a pretty wide radius with your silent killer loco with HE rounds hitting anything.

Also, enjoy having like no ammo whatsoever with it.

Alkydere
Jun 7, 2010
Capital: A city designated as a legislative seat by the government or some other authority, often the city in which the government is located; otherwise the most important city within a country or a subdivision of it.

So, you can get a 140 damage Mosconi with Frag rounds. You'll only carry 9-11 shells into battle though depending on skills. Absolutely glorious if you click-spam it during a bullet storm as it turns into a loving 40K bolter for 10 seconds.

Edit: slugs give you the same damage, no boom, but 16 shells.

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!

Drewjitsu posted:

What makes the game not fun for you amy more? How does one get jaded with makin' bacon?

The shooting part is still ok, but the every-other-aspect-of-it part feels boring. I had a list of complaints here but I edited it out because there's no point in having it so I'll just sum it up: The game feels like a chore to play. It's a shame, because I did find it fun at first, but it just isn't anymore and it's probably because I'm in the upper echelons of the skill tree where money doesn't matter and EXP doesn't matter and the higher difficulties suck and so do the lower ones and bleh.

CJacobs fucked around with this message at 21:27 on Jul 3, 2014

Alkydere
Jun 7, 2010

Street Sweeper has an incredibly fast reload. gently caress realism. :v: You load the shells just as fast as you load them into the Loco/Reinfield, maybe a bit faster.

Then again, as this thread has shown realism was hosed when anyone decided any variant of the Striker was a good idea to carry into battle.

Party Plane Jones
Jul 1, 2007

by Reene
Fun Shoe
Hilariously if you're doing a stealth match alone with team AI, they will do nothing to help you if you accidentally down yourself through fall damage.

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

If there's anything more important than my ego around, I want it caught and shot now.

Party Plane Jones posted:

Hilariously if you're doing a stealth match alone with team AI, they will do nothing to help you if you accidentally down yourself through fall damage.

That's actually a good thing so you can restart easier, :cheeky: I usually play without bots because I hate when they keep picking me up. Although seriously Overkill just put in a restart button for non-pro jobs. Maybe only the host gets it. (I guess hoxhud lets you do that)

CJacobs posted:

The shooting part is still ok, but the every-other-aspect-of-it part feels boring. I had a list of complaints here but I edited it out because there's no point in having it so I'll just sum it up: The game feels like a chore to play. It's a shame, because I did find it fun at first, but it just isn't anymore and it's probably because I'm in the upper echelons of the skill tree where money doesn't matter and EXP doesn't matter and the higher difficulties suck and so do the lower ones and bleh.

As another goon said, if you have fun shooting cops game is fun. If you want to have fun from leveling up and unlocking things then you're gonna have a bad time. Unlocks are the cherry on top, not the main meat and potatoes.

Its okay to not like a game, not every game is for everybody. Plenty of other fish in the sea.

Alkydere
Jun 7, 2010

Yes, the 12-G Frags do indeed damage you and allies. It's a tiny amount of damage compared to grenades, but there.

Discendo Vox
Mar 21, 2013

This does not make sense when, again, aggregate indicia also indicate improvements. The belief that things are worse is false. It remains false.

Tulip posted:

Vox that bag trick is the most artful thing i've heard in this game. Time to fail FF a million times trying to replicate it.

Thanks, you're too kind. Let me clarify, though- the bags land in front of the bookshelf. Someone still needs to be down there to move them down the stairs- it just removes the need to carry them all down the map, or toss them down the skylight one at a time after breaking it and alerting all the guards.

The same trick can work on the upper, non-bedroom vault location, but it's obviously saving a lot less time.

Syves posted:

Have you tried when doing this, just tossing them down the stairs, not caring if they end up in the placement box, and then just throw a grenade to the opposite side, and letting the explosion push them all into place at once? Would this work? If we're going for efficiency, lets use all the tools.

Or can you hit the placement box without having to toss them all down stairs first? Its been while for me attempting that map except to just try it once or twice and then quitting just to clear the 50% exp boost to free that up for other jobs. Better yet, grenade chain them into the room and down the stairs, and then into the box?

Grenade physics aren't really that predictable. That said, with a good angle, I believe you can bounce a coke bag into the placement area from the top of the stairs, saving time.

UnknownMercenary
Nov 1, 2011

I LIKE IT
WAY WAY TOO LOUD

I just put 000 Buckshot on the Reinfeld and can't wait to test it out.

Seems like overkill on the Loco (and it already has a tiny ammo pool as it is) but breaking 100 damage on the Reinfeld should make it competitive with the Loco now.

JerikTelorian
Jan 19, 2007

Aced Fully Loaded doesn't affect shotguns with special ammo.

This is very stupid.

frank.club
Jan 15, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Discendo Vox posted:

I'd agree with this and double down on it a bit- going for the gold with the current stealth system is pretty frustrating, but an ECM rush from a properly outfitted team can fully cover the coke-placing part of FF day 3, making clearing the heist quite manageable. Where the vault spawns in the atrium, a good trick is to pile all the bags of coke on top of the skylight, then shoot it after you begin the ECM chain. All the bags will be in front of the vault door, ready for deposit

:stare:

Bocc Kob
Oct 26, 2010
WHO IS READY FOR SCOOP MANS :black101:

Alkydere
Jun 7, 2010

The shovel is loving amazing. Weak damage but an absurd amount of knockdown. It lets you stunlock cops until they die.

Also, it goes CLANG! :allears:

Syves
Dec 10, 2007
50% Entertainment By Volume. Guaranteed!
Pillbug

Alkydere posted:

Also, it goes CLANG! :allears:

This is all I needed.

Psion
Dec 13, 2002

eVeN I KnOw wHaT CoRnEr gAs iS
bulletstorm and frag rounds sounds like it might be worth screwing around with for fun now? Probably still way too situational - if I see a swarm of cops worth bulletstorming it's a little late to throw down a bag.

frank.club
Jan 15, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Hot gently caress the rap song loving goes.

Mosconi AP confirmed?

Alkydere
Jun 7, 2010

Acquire Currency! posted:

Hot gently caress the rap song loving goes.

Mosconi AP confirmed?

Confirmed. You take a hefty ammo penalty (16 shots with fully loaded) but you can load AP Slugs into your mosconi.

Also, I just CLANGed 25 cops to death on Nightclub to make my Raven even better.

I love the description of the Shovel. "Sharpen the edge and you'll be able to cut through flesh and bone. If you use it correctly, that is. Which you don't." You run around smacking people with the back of the shovel in game.

maswastaken
Nov 12, 2011

Alkydere posted:

The shovel is loving amazing. Weak damage but an absurd amount of knockdown. It lets you stunlock cops until they die.
Speaking of stunlock, HE rounds on a dozer.

Crewmine
Apr 26, 2012
So I just got No Heist For Old Men by stealthing the last day of firestarter with a silenced loco.

Tulip
Jun 3, 2008

yeah thats pretty good

HE rounds have damage fall off. Weird.

e: als;kjfa;dkjf;afd 99% accuracy and 52 kills, 99% due to getting tazed after throwing in the last bag.

Tulip fucked around with this message at 22:48 on Jul 3, 2014

Insert name here
Nov 10, 2009

Oh.
Oh Dear.
:ohdear:
If anyone is curious, 000 reduces max ammo by ~1/3, slugs by 1/2, and frags by ~2/3. Oh, and flechettes seem to kind of blow, though I need to use them more to make a definitive statement.

Alkydere
Jun 7, 2010

Insert name here posted:

If anyone is curious, 000 reduces max ammo by ~1/3, slugs by 1/2, and frags by ~2/3. Oh, and flechettes seem to kind of blow, though I need to use them more to make a definitive statement.

Slugs seem to be rather nice on the Sweeper. It's nice to have a Shield-Fucker for a secondary.

Domattee
Mar 5, 2012

Seven Eleven is actually super easy since you just have to hit a headshot not actually kill. Flechettes still have significant damage drop off so they aren't a viable way to build a long-range shotgun.

e: Wait it does actually say that you have to get kills. Either it's bugged or it counts team kills.

Domattee fucked around with this message at 22:55 on Jul 3, 2014

Tulip
Jun 3, 2008

yeah thats pretty good

M104 with HE is extremely impractical but extremely funny.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BlackTie
Oct 23, 2008

Crewmine posted:

So I just got No Heist For Old Men by stealthing the last day of firestarter with a silenced loco.

I got it on a bank job so they might have forgotten to tie it to FF.

• Locked thread