Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
El Jebus
Jun 18, 2008

This avatar is paid for by "Avatars for improving Lowtax's spine by any means that doesn't result in him becoming brain dead by putting his brain into a cyborg body and/or putting him in a exosuit due to fears of the suit being hacked and crushing him during a cyberpunk future timeline" Foundation
Well done to Chivas! 3 points against San Jose is 3 points for everyone!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

Just another jackass on the Internet

El Jebus posted:

But additionally, I'd like to know how it feels as a Seattle fan to watch Mauro do so well for Chivas day in and day out? I know he was injury plagued at Seattle, but he seems to have got better. He is playing really well with Torres even when the team loses. I kinda hope the timbers pick up Torres when chivas falls apart.

He's starting for a team I don't hate, the replacement we got in has performed quite well for less money and the team is currently running away with the Shield. Can't be too mad.

And don't you guys need like every defender ever before Torres?

Oh, and go Chivas!

Xylorjax
Nov 27, 2002

El Jebus posted:

But additionally, I'd like to know how it feels as a Seattle fan to watch Mauro do so well for Chivas day in and day out? I know he was injury plagued at Seattle, but he seems to have got better. He is playing really well with Torres even when the team loses. I kinda hope the timbers pick up Torres when chivas falls apart.

His injuries only happen in August/September. Preferably in the last match or two before the playoffs start, and due to a bad tackle by some rear end in a top hat.

How do I feel seeing him do well there? Couldn't happen to a better guy. He's a quality player and a quality person and seeing him do well (especially when it doesn't harm the Sounders any) is always nice.

Just compare/contrast with EJ.

El Jebus
Jun 18, 2008

This avatar is paid for by "Avatars for improving Lowtax's spine by any means that doesn't result in him becoming brain dead by putting his brain into a cyborg body and/or putting him in a exosuit due to fears of the suit being hacked and crushing him during a cyberpunk future timeline" Foundation

whypick1 posted:

He's starting for a team I don't hate, the replacement we got in has performed quite well for less money and the team is currently running away with the Shield. Can't be too mad.

And don't you guys need like every defender ever before Torres?

Oh, and go Chivas!

Yeah, we seriously need some more defenders, but I can still want for goal scorers... right?

Moktaro
Aug 3, 2007
I value call my nuts.

HOU-NY about to kick off, looks like Brad Davis made it back in time. (not like he's worn out from playing so much)

Wow, they just scored in a minute, Giles Barnes breaks their goal drought.

Popero
Apr 17, 2001

.406/.553/.735
That's a loving ridiculous penalty in NE-RSL.

fat greasy puto
Dec 30, 2001

Anime Lover David Beckham
lol how loving bad is this ref in the red bulls houston game

Popero
Apr 17, 2001

.406/.553/.735

Popero posted:

That's a loving ridiculous penalty in NE-RSL.

Ball don't lie. Well I guess it did, but then it didn't.

Star Man
Jun 1, 2008

There's a star maaaaaan
Over the rainbow
Dear Columbus fans:

GLORY GLORY COLORADO

Gin Soaked Ape
May 4, 2004

oh my god gently caress fabinho i hope he gets eaten by coyotes

Moktaro
Aug 3, 2007
I value call my nuts.

Augh Powers what the hell were you thinking.

ShutteredIn
Mar 24, 2005

El Campeon Mundial del Acordeon
Holy poo poo Paul Stanley national anthem :barf:

fat greasy puto
Dec 30, 2001

nice for robbie rodgers to be so willing to fill a hole in the squad like that. really in it for his fellow men, great example

Hungryjack
May 9, 2003

The Dynamo may be poo poo at soccer, but they are undefeated in freedomness.

fat greasy puto
Dec 30, 2001

robbie rogers looks really comfortable in an unnatural position. he looks like he enjoys playing from the back as much as working the middle

El Jebus
Jun 18, 2008

fat greasy puto posted:

robbie rogers looks really comfortable in an unnatural position. he looks like he enjoys playing from the back as much as working the middle

I can't tell if this is a joke or not. My stream went out and I missed the last 10 minutes so I don't know what happened while I was away.

Other than neither team scoring, I mean.

joshtothemaxx
Nov 17, 2008

I will have a whole army of zombies! A zombie Marine Corps, a zombie Navy Corps, zombie Space Cadets...
Portland is so unlikable I find myself cheering for LA. God help me.

El Jebus
Jun 18, 2008

Holy poo poo, took my dog for a short walk because the fireworks are driving her nuts and the timbers have already score two after LA scored? Nice. What was the first goal?

wodin
Jul 12, 2001

What do you do with a drunken Viking?

El Jebus posted:

Holy poo poo, took my dog for a short walk because the fireworks are driving her nuts and the timbers have already score two after LA scored? Nice. What was the first goal?

Galaxy scored on a nice cross to Sarvas.

Also god help me I'm a Galaxy fan (mostly because they fell on their face versus the Railhawks and are thus sort of not the Yankees).

TasmanianX
Jan 7, 2009

Just Kick 'Em
LA/Portland has been entertaining for the last bit of it I've seen.

joshtothemaxx
Nov 17, 2008

I will have a whole army of zombies! A zombie Marine Corps, a zombie Navy Corps, zombie Space Cadets...

El Jebus posted:

A goofy rebound off a defender and Valeri (I think) blasted it in from the too of the box

fat greasy puto
Dec 30, 2001

El Jebus posted:

I can't tell if this is a joke or not. My stream went out and I missed the last 10 minutes so I don't know what happened while I was away.

Other than neither team scoring, I mean.

i fell asleep after that dire first half and then they scored 4 goals :(

Your Boy Fancy
Feb 7, 2003

by Cyrano4747
DC-TOR has started, allegedly.

Your Boy Fancy
Feb 7, 2003

by Cyrano4747
If anyone ever had a doubt about the idea that DC United is Espindola +10, come watch this game. Defoe and Bradley and Jackson are all carving the team up, there's no ideas in attack, and everyone's basically going Where's Poochie.

TasmanianX
Jan 7, 2009

Just Kick 'Em
MLS Live sucking laggy balls this afternoon

Shammypants
May 25, 2004

Let me tell you about true luxury.

The CSN broadcast on TV is bad, let alone MLSLive. Choppy as gently caress

guppy
Sep 21, 2004

sting like a byob
Goal! I can't quite believe that shot wasn't stopped.

Shammypants
May 25, 2004

guppy posted:

Goal! I can't quite believe that shot wasn't stopped.

It's toronto, that was a horrible play on the ball by DeLeon who has hosed up all year. Thank god toronto is poo poo

NattyBo
Sep 20, 2004

Football Team.
lmao DCU has no business being in the lead but we are anyway, this is hilarious

e: 1-1 there we go -_-

NattyBo fucked around with this message at 01:24 on Jul 6, 2014

guppy
Sep 21, 2004

sting like a byob
Well, that was short-lived.

Shammypants
May 25, 2004

MLS really should have just stopped running until after the World Cup. Having a direct comparison between good players and MLS quality play is really jarring.

NattyBo
Sep 20, 2004

Football Team.
2-1 lol yessss

Shammypants
May 25, 2004

Toronto doesn't even give a gently caress, they aren't even defending, it's hilarious.

We have one loving guy in the box to 6 defenders and he gets a clean unchallenged head on it.

guppy
Sep 21, 2004

sting like a byob
We scored a goal! One we actually deserve!

EJ remains the most bizarre "star forward" I've ever seen. He's utterly unable to deal with a ball in motion -- you can see him wait for a ball to come down before doing anything with it. Lewis Neal has a better first touch.

Not that he's our biggest problem. Our turnover rate in the midfield is shocking.

NattyBo
Sep 20, 2004

Football Team.
I want some Timmy Hortons

Azerban
Oct 28, 2003

XyrlocShammypants posted:

toronto is poo poo

guppy
Sep 21, 2004

sting like a byob
I really think DC players don't even look where they're passing the ball when not on the attack. They just hoof it somewhere out of the danger zone and call it a day. I don't know what other excuse there is for some of these turnovers.

NattyBo
Sep 20, 2004

Football Team.
Should've been a red card to Toronto just now

e: lmao he sent him off after showing him a yellow, but at least he got the call right

whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

Just another jackass on the Internet
The problem is that Hagglund tried to play against EJ's strengths of running forward then falling down.

And yeah, that's a red.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shammypants
May 25, 2004

How many times this year has a team gotten 2 red cards in consecutive games? There is less discipline this year than any year I can recall in MLS

• Locked thread