Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Wolfgang Pauli
Mar 26, 2008

One Three Seven
Only trouble is that cops can block poo poo like drill screens and keycards and all that. It would be pretty impressive seeing the legions of fallen copspawn on your way out of a job.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DoombatINC
Apr 20, 2003

Here's the thing, I'm a feminist.

Arsonide posted:

Also, I'm having a hard time picking a favorite pistol, right now I'm carrying a Bronco, because everyone told me I should carry a Bronco, but I kind of hate it. I like the Stryk a lot more. Am I a terrible person? What are your favorite pistols?

My favorite carry pistol is my Bernetti 9.

I still don't have the two-tone slide so I'm down a couple stability from perfect, like it matters at this point. It performs like a slightly anemic but unshakably accurate assault rifle. I'm trying to build a similarly kitted Stryk but I'm just getting nothing for parts.

Psion
Dec 13, 2002

eVeN I KnOw wHaT CoRnEr gAs iS

Wolfgang Pauli posted:

Only trouble is that cops can block poo poo like drill screens and keycards and all that. It would be pretty impressive seeing the legions of fallen copspawn on your way out of a job.

Nah, they clipped through each other so it was never more than one body high. Otherwise the pile outside the vault would have been as high as the door.

e: favorite pistol chat, I like the the Sig .40 but it really depends on parts that you have available.

Alkydere
Jun 7, 2010
Capitol: A building or complex of buildings in which any legislature meets.
Capital: A city designated as a legislative seat by the government or some other authority, often the city in which the government is located; otherwise the most important city within a country or a subdivision of it.

Geight posted:

If that doesn't kill your performance then having every level become a mass cop grave should totally be a feature.

Also can someone explain to me what being tased has to do with reloading your weapon? When it happens to me I empty my weapon, sometimes into the Taser, sometimes into hostages, usually into a wall. But I've seen some people refer to being tased as a "free reload" and I want to know what's up with that.

The cop bodies aren't a real issue. They're not moving. It's the particle effects of the never-despawning smoke that will kill your computer though. Had that happen to my crew. It didn't bother me as host because I didn't get the bug, but one of our crew crashed it got so bad and the other two were slowly being reduced to slideshow performance.

Geight
Aug 7, 2010

Oh, All-Knowing One, behold me!
Roll the persistent bodies into the game, then add skills that let technicians build corpse fortresses, enforcers to swing dead cops like great big clubs, masterminds whisper into the ears of the dead to make them rise and fight against their living brethren, and ghosts can just hide in the body piles I dunno.

oohhboy
Jun 8, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
You can sort of do that with body bags, they do block LOS and stop bullets.

Geight
Aug 7, 2010

Oh, All-Knowing One, behold me!
I don't think we're thinking on the same scale when it comes to corpse fortresses.

Lester Shy
May 1, 2002

Goodness no, now that wouldn't do at all!
I swear I saw a Cloaker playing dead yesterday, as if I wasn't paranoid about them enough.

Also I'm an idiot and decided that sitting on 100+ skillpoints and millions of dollars was too easy and decided to go into Infamy 1. Hopefully some poor goons will carry me to a respectable level tomorrow.

Wolfgang Pauli
Mar 26, 2008

One Three Seven

oohhboy posted:

You can sort of do that with body bags, they do block LOS and stop bullets.
Oh my god, body bags work as cover?

Lester Shy posted:

I swear I saw a Cloaker playing dead yesterday, as if I wasn't paranoid about them enough.

Also I'm an idiot and decided that sitting on 100+ skillpoints and millions of dollars was too easy and decided to go into Infamy 1. Hopefully some poor goons will carry me to a respectable level tomorrow.
I just want some sunglasses, man.

Dezztroy
Dec 28, 2012

Arsonide posted:

Also, I'm having a hard time picking a favorite pistol, right now I'm carrying a Bronco, because everyone told me I should carry a Bronco, but I kind of hate it. I like the Stryk a lot more. Am I a terrible person? What are your favorite pistols?

The Signature .40 is a fantastic pistol. High damage, high capacity and reasonable amount of ammo. Chimano Custom is good if you want to trade some damage for more ammo.

Overkill must really like the .40S&W.

oohhboy
Jun 8, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Wolfgang Pauli posted:

Oh my god, body bags work as cover?

Yep, but they don't stack on each other and are hard to place. They make for some really morbid halfass sandbags. Only ever used them on Doctor miserable holding out by the rocks next to the far side of the landing pad.

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

Payday 2:

Geight posted:

I don't think we're thinking on the same scale when it comes to corpse fortresses.

IAmTheRad
Dec 11, 2009

Goddammit this Cello is way out of tune!
How do you rename guns?

The Cheshire Cat
Jun 10, 2008

Fun Shoe

DoombatINC posted:

I still don't have the two-tone slide so I'm down a couple stability from perfect, like it matters at this point. It performs like a slightly anemic but unshakably accurate assault rifle. I'm trying to build a similarly kitted Stryk but I'm just getting nothing for parts.

I like it too, but it just doesn't feel right without the ability to dual wield them.

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

"From each according to his ability" said Ares. It sounded like a quotation.
Buglord

IAmTheRad posted:

How do you rename guns?

Click on their name in the top corner of their stats.

Tulip
Jun 3, 2008

yeah thats pretty good

IAmTheRad posted:

How do you rename guns?

Click on the gun name in the top right when you have the gun selected. Works for masks too.

oohhboy posted:

Yep, but they don't stack on each other and are hard to place. They make for some really morbid halfass sandbags. Only ever used them on Doctor miserable holding out by the rocks next to the far side of the landing pad.

This is the best thing i've learned since fabulous putin. Now i'm going to buy body bag assets for every mission and go out of my way to gank civies to dig in on bank heists and what not. It's not like you're going to keep all those hostages on Big Bank anyway.

Matlock Birthmark
Sep 24, 2005

I wanted this to happen!!
Soiled Meat

Lester Shy posted:

I think I've seen that before too. But in my case it was the Cloaker doing his "crawl under car" animation when not actually near any cars.

John Murdoch
May 19, 2009

I can tune a fish.
The one I see somewhat often is Ceiling Cloaker peeking through the skylights on Trustee banks. Or if there's no skylights he's just absorbing some heat like a lizard, I guess.

ishikabibble
Jan 21, 2012

The Cheshire Cat posted:

I like it too, but it just doesn't feel right without the ability to dual wield them.

Payday 2 would benefit so much from the addition of duel wielding pistols. There's already a bunch of Leon references on the Beretta 92, why not go full hog and let you duel wield them?
Also then stability might actually matter.

Legit Businessman
Sep 2, 2007

Arsonide posted:

I just got 650K experience on one job. :stare:

So anyway, now I have six skill points available and no idea what to use them on. This is my current build: http://goo.gl/vGTq8z I was thinking Pistol Messiah but there are a lot of good choices available, and skill points are not easy to come by right now. Suggestions?

Potential Build:
http://goo.gl/KTdy6V

As for pistol chat, you have a few (mathwarrior sperg) options:

Signature .40 (MasterForcer or MasterTech Only)
Maximum Loud
33 Damage+Skills, 12 Accuracy, 20 Stability, 11 Threat, 22 Magazine

Mods Required:
Ventilated .40
Pocket Laser
Ergo Grip
Extended Mag
Pistol Red Dot
Two Tone Slide

STRYK 18c (MasterForcer or MasterTech Only)
Buzzsaw
25 Damage+Skills, 6 Accuracy, 22 Stability, 8 Threat, 32 Magazine

Mods Required:
Flash Hider
Pocket Laser
Ergo Grip
Extended Mag
Pistol Red Dot Sight
Stock
***Only use it on exclusively CQC maps.***

Bronco .44 Revolver (MasterForcer or MasterTech Only)
BOOM! HEADSHOT!
75 (112.5-116) Damage, 12 Accuracy, 20 Stability, 24 Threat

Mods Required:
Flash hider (Enforcer) / Nothing (Technician, -10 Damage, +4 Accuracy, -5 Stability)
Bronco Scope Mount
Ergo Wooden Grip
Any sight of choice
Aggressor Barrel
Slimline Body
***Be aware that its accuracy is not as fantastic as you may be used to, so don't try sniping with it.***

DoombatINC
Apr 20, 2003

Here's the thing, I'm a feminist.

The Cheshire Cat posted:

I hope we at least get a dual wield pistol of some sort in a DLC. I could see why they might not want to make it an option for every sidearm, but it'd be fun to have at least one pair for a change of pace.

All this talk of dual wielding, plus remembering that I named by Beretta the Hong Kong Special, has got me watching classic John Woo clips :allears:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3wYCh5nxyCI

Sidenote: If you're the kind of person that likes Payday and you haven't watched Hard Boiled then I don't even know what you're doing with your life.

Cheston
Jul 17, 2012

(he's got a good thing going)
How do you remove your primary weapon? It seems like you have to do that for low visibility now, and I can't find a button for it anywhere.

Blue On Blue
Nov 14, 2012

Cheston posted:

How do you remove your primary weapon? It seems like you have to do that for low visibility now, and I can't find a button for it anywhere.

You can't remove the primary, just use your lowest visibility gun

Read: CAR4

Roobanguy
May 31, 2011

Turns out I'm really bad at stealthing big bank on death wish. Also pictures.

not pictured me freaking out because i think the civies on the ground are going to see.

There was going to be another picture of this old ladies face that was super detailed compared to everyone else but I forgot to shoot it because i'm an idiot.

The Easy Rider
Sep 21, 2006

Corn Dogs- Deep Fried Proof Of A Loving God

Tulip posted:

So some thoughts on weapons.

Nobody TRULY specializes in one type of weapon. I'm about as specced into Shotguns as the game lets you, and i use LMGs, ARs, pistols, and occassionally the Kobus as the level demands. Some maps i don't take a shotgun at all as a rule. Of more particular relevance here is that, with some exceptions, you should be switching between your primary and secondary fluidly, and the reason for this is ammo. Most of the time, you use whichever weapon has more* ammo than the other. The other thing is magazines, which is why Die Hard basic is good - my most basic loadout is Car4+Loco, and if i go down with a dry Loco i want to be able to do SOMETHING.

But the real reason i rec'd Die Hard is for Die Hard Ace, which is a pretty significant improvement to survivability, and you aren't doing your team any favors by spending the whole match on the ground.

*It's helpful to think of your ammo pools less in terms of the # of bullets than in the % of bullets. 30 rounds on the Loco goes very, very far, but 80 on the Eagle is incredibly tight, and so if you have 15 loco shells left that's much better than if you have 30 Eagle rounds left.

I managed to completely miss its Ace-level ability; I'm definitely prioritizing it now. Thanks again for the help with this!

Any tips on how to select weapons for particular maps? So far, I've basically been alternating between my Eagle Heavy and Commando .553 basically on a whim rather than any conscious decision-making, with a Signature .40 as my secondary. I definitely think that I'm starting to prefer the the Commando .553, mostly because its larger magazine size and ammo pool makes clearing rooms easier, and it's actually possible to control its bursts when a room is getting stormed. This is my full arsenal, though:

code:
Eagle Heavy
*See-More Sight

Commando .553
*See-More Sight
*Railed Foregrip (Not Installed)

CAR-4

Signature .40

SpecOps
*Extended Mag
*Unfolded Stock (Not Installed)
I wasn't sure if the Commando .553 Railed Foregrip (+4 Stability, -2 Concealment) was worth installing due to the concealment drop, and same for the SpecOps (+1 Stability, -2 Concealment). Am I missing any useful additions to my arsenal? Or is there some overlooked synergy between weapons that I'm overlooking? I figured that I would get another Signature .40 to have one made for combat and another made for stealth; is it a good choice as a standard work-horse pistol? Looking at the various stats, it seemed to be the best middle-ground between the high-ammo/low-damage pistols and the high-damage pistols.

Dezztroy
Dec 28, 2012
In general, concealment only matter for guns that you're only going to use for stealth heists for the purpose of bringing your visibility down. For the weapons you bring on loud heists, whatever makes that gun shoot better is an upgrade you should put on. (there are a few exceptions, mostly in the case of LMGs)

UnknownMercenary
Nov 1, 2011

I LIKE IT
WAY WAY TOO LOUD

Psion posted:

Had the corpses not despawning bug in a Big Bank game earlier. By bug, I mean feature.

none of the smoke grenades ever despawned though, so the vault was basically impossible to shoot from.

Haha that's amazing. I was getting intermittent framerate drops the whole time but couldn't see the corpse piles so I had no idea what you all meant by the constant smoke.

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009

DoombatINC posted:

How the hell do you actually rename weapons? I've yet to find the button for it.

Hobo Siege
Apr 24, 2008

by Cowcaster
Being assaulted by hundreds of highly trained and alarmingly geared FBI agents is nice and all, but I hope they give us an update that drops the military on your rear end. I just won't feel validated as a public menace until I'm dodging SMAW rockets on the way back to the van.

Cheston
Jul 17, 2012

(he's got a good thing going)

Sappo569 posted:

You can't remove the primary, just use your lowest visibility gun

Read: CAR4

Aah, I remember this now, thanks.

Kaboom Dragoon
May 7, 2010

The greatest of feasts

Hobo Siege posted:

Being assaulted by hundreds of highly trained and alarmingly geared FBI agents is nice and all, but I hope they give us an update that drops the military on your rear end. I just won't feel validated as a public menace until I'm dodging SMAW rockets on the way back to the van.

"They're sending a small army after you- no, wait, sorry, I mean, they're sending the army after you."

Bocc Kob
Oct 26, 2010

Wolfgang Pauli posted:

I just want some sunglasses, man.

Fair warning, the sunglasses make Hoxton and Wolf look like douchebags, while Dallas goes from ugliest suit to super badass and Chains is still Chains.

Spudd
Nov 27, 2007

Protect children from "Safe Schools" social engineering. Shame!

Bocc Kob posted:

Fair warning, the sunglasses make Hoxton and Wolf look like douchebags, while Dallas goes from ugliest suit to super badass and Chains is still Chains.

I want to see pictures of this.

Thank You Card
Mar 20, 2007

I'm your only friend.

Spudd posted:

I want to see pictures of this.

Opposing Farce
Apr 1, 2010

Ever since our drop-off service, I never read a book.
There's always something else around, plus I owe the library nineteen bucks.
I've been slowly speccing my way into a Ghost/Mastermind build that (at least theoretically) specializes in silenced pistols for picking off cops while the rest of my team takes the heat. What's my best bet for a pistol that can be silenced (I'm usually all about revolvers but noise means the Bronco is out), has good damage, and is accurate enough to pick off enemies even at longer ranges? Is it the Deagle? Also, what primary would best compliment that playstyle?

Spudd
Nov 27, 2007

Protect children from "Safe Schools" social engineering. Shame!

Man those are amazing, I'm going to have to get them.

A FESTIVE SKELETON
Oct 2, 2011

TIS THE SEASON BITCH
I like to think Wolf with shades is a gruff Justin Timberlake with a shaved head.

Party Plane Jones
Jul 1, 2007

by Reene
Fun Shoe
I don't know why you can't have your sunglasses on already so you can skip the two second masking up process to start a map.

Space Skeleton
Sep 28, 2004

Party Plane Jones posted:

I don't know why you can't have your sunglasses on already so you can skip the two second masking up process to start a map.

Then you can't scare everyone and get shot at for putting on your illegal sunglasses.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

frank.club
Jan 15, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Geight posted:

Roll the persistent bodies into the game, then add skills that let technicians build corpse fortresses, enforcers to swing dead cops like great big clubs, masterminds whisper into the ears of the dead to make them rise and fight against their living brethren, and ghosts can just hide in the body piles I dunno.

Every good hold out spot in this game is just the battle of Thermopylae in one way or another.

• Locked thread