Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
CRISPYBABY
Dec 15, 2007

by Reene
There was one round he lost if you're feeling generous to Gayhard.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

woozy pawsies
Nov 26, 2007

Agent Tough Juice posted:

Haha yeah man you definitely slammed everyone with your hilarious irony (did it work? Was it as funny as when you did it?)

it was sarcasm, not irony.

for content: i'd probably pick Machida over Weidman to have sex with.

sausage king of Chicago
Jun 13, 2001
Weidman is cool, Machida is sexy, UFC ring girls are hot and this card is going to own LETS DO THIS

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

If you had to choose one champion to lose their belt tonight, which one would it be?

vainman
Nov 2, 2012

I find your lack of faith... disturbing
Jones in a drug test

Keven. Just. Keven
May 25, 2010

MY GOD. THE WILL... THE FIGHTING SPIRIT... JUST WHEN YOU THINK IT'S OVER, TSM COMES BACK STRONGER THAN EVER.
Ronda and she screams and covers up but it's already too late... I've seen everything.

A 50S RAYGUN
Aug 22, 2011
that's really weird and i'd like you to say something else instead of that

fatherdog
Feb 16, 2005

-Atom- posted:

so the last time Machida fought in Vegas he knocked Rashad the gently caress out, becoming light heavyweight champion

:getin:

Coincidentally, both times Weidman has fought in Vegas have been against an elusive Brazilian striker who trains at Black House.

outy
Aug 27, 2004

Ok. Accept the possibility that Anderson Silva's chin and shin had turned to mush just before the first Weidman fight. If that's the case then he's previously only been tested by Mark Munœz and Jessie Bongfeld.

Under these circumstances the new, improved, handsome, fearless and fearsome Dragon is going to take him to the loving cleaners. In fact, you could make the case that this was all some elaborate House of Cards-like masterplan of passing the belt from Silva to Machida without having to engage in combat with each other.

woozy pawsies
Nov 26, 2007

Cool hypothetical world.

Foul Fowl
Sep 12, 2008

Uuuuh! Seek ye me?

outy posted:

Ok. Accept the possibility that Anderson Silva's chin and shin had turned to mush just before the first Weidman fight. If that's the case then he's previously only been tested by Mark Munœz and Jessie Bongfeld.

Under these circumstances the new, improved, handsome, fearless and fearsome Dragon is going to take him to the loving cleaners. In fact, you could make the case that this was all some elaborate House of Cards-like masterplan of passing the belt from Silva to Machida without having to engage in combat with each other.

Nobody is saying any of that it's just that Machida is a pretty drat good fighter and presents a very different stylistic challenge than Anderson.

accept the possibility that styles make fights, maybe

1st AD
Dec 3, 2004

Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu: sometimes passing just isn't an option.

outy posted:

Anderson got knocked down by Chael loving Sonnen so its not like he had a chin like Rampage or Hendo, its just that his style was confusing for a lot of fighters and most guys didn't know how to approach him.

Weidman beating Andy Silver had nothing to do with the chin. Weidman is just good at fighting.

Machida can win this fight but its probably going to be real boring if he does.

TheRationalRedditor
Jul 17, 2000

WHO ABUSED HIM. WHO ABUSED THE BOY.

-Atom- posted:

Yes, because Chris Weidman oozes personality
do you think he compulsively posts on internet forums where he's weid-ly unliked?

CRISPYBABY
Dec 15, 2007

by Reene
This is pure speculation on my part since Machida's went five rounds only once, but my hunch is that he's more entertaining in five round fights. He can be a slow starter and spend 90% of fights flailing his hands and leaning back being elusive mixed with 10% him doing really cool stuff, but I think the more time he has to work the better the chance you have of him landing something/doing an explosion of cool poo poo.

fatherdog
Feb 16, 2005

attackmole posted:

This is pure speculation on my part since Machida's went five rounds only once

Twice

Bubba Smith
Sep 27, 2004

Is tonight the greatest moment in Dominick Cruz's life?

No.

The greatest moment in my life was realizing that I didn't need a belt to be happy.

attackmole posted:

This is pure speculation on my part since Machida's went five rounds only once,

I like to discredit the first Shogun match as much as the next man, but that did in fact go 25 minutes.

handsome only face
Apr 22, 2010

Cockroach went out of the room in anger. And roach's go to empty room...

Cockroache's Anarchist

the Davis & Henderson fights felt 5 rds long too.

CRISPYBABY
Dec 15, 2007

by Reene

Eeeeh. Whoops. Machida/Shogun 1 was real cool though so I'm gonna count that in my favour.

wooger
Apr 16, 2005

YOU RESENT?

rrrrrrrrrrrt posted:

This came up when I GIS'd Caceres and it made me laugh.

Pretty sure this guy was playing for Belgium in the world cup.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Caceres is probably better at footy than Fellaini.

Yuriy
Dec 25, 2006

Pay no attention to me, for I am a stupid cunt.
goon weight sheets are up so get your picks in before this poo poo starts

Agent Tough Juice
May 21, 2007

People! I'd like to say a couple words for you: If you have a dream in your life... go head! It's a possible! Go head! I can do that!

Yuriy posted:

goon weight sheets are up so get your picks in before this poo poo starts

Updated OP with links

Dangersim
Sep 4, 2011

:qq:He expended too much energy and got tired:qq:

I'M NOT SURPRISED MOTHERFUCKERS

1st AD posted:

Anderson got knocked down by Chael loving Sonnen

No he didn't

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

Dangersim posted:

No he didn't

Chael dropped him with strikes I think in one of the 10-8 rounds in the first fight.

MysteryNad
Dec 5, 2003

Here in my guard
I feel safest of all
I can lock up my guard
It's the only way to fight
In guard
Silva got rocked but I don't remember him being dropped at any point

Dangersim
Sep 4, 2011

Mr. Nice! posted:

Chael dropped him with strikes I think in one of the 10-8 rounds in the first fight.

Nope, he caught him with a straight left right on the button and anderson's legs went wobbly for a split second, he didn't go down.

In the last round Anderson slipped ducking under a punch.

LobsterMobster
Oct 29, 2009

"I was being quiet and trying to be a good boy but he dialed the right combination to open the throw-down vault and it was on."

"Walter Foxx is ten times brighter than your bulb at the bottom of the tree merry xmas"

1st AD posted:

Anderson got knocked down by Chael loving Sonnen so its not like he had a chin like Rampage or Hendo, its just that his style was confusing for a lot of fighters and most guys didn't know how to approach him.

Weidman beating Andy Silver had nothing to do with the chin. Weidman is just good at fighting.

Machida can win this fight but its probably going to be real boring if he does.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eRdYec68MOk

Lord Waffle Beard
Dec 7, 2013

fatherdog
Feb 16, 2005

Dangersim posted:

No he didn't

fatherdog
Feb 16, 2005
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y1tauLKdpuE

Ronda squeeing over chicken wings is oddly adorable.

Dangersim
Sep 4, 2011

I guess his hand touches the ground on the first one, so you could call it a knockdown if you really want to. Second one is debatable a slip or a punch.

Fat Twitter Man
Jan 24, 2007

by R. Guyovich

Jack of Hearts posted:

Wait, you can be paid for bad opinions? Like as a salaried position?

Bendo deserved all his decisions! Chael and Hitler did nothing wrong! Fedor remains the greatest heavyweight of all time!

Sorry, I'm unemployed right now.

Bendo deserved all his decisions but Frankie II and that wasn't a completely inexcusable one given the 10 point must system. Chael and Hitler made many mistakes, but their charisma and dedication to righteousness make both okay in my book. Fedor owned back when Heath Herring was considered a top heavyweight and the fact that he got lazy and (a few) heavyweights got good after 2006 doesn't change that.

Intel&Sebastian
Oct 20, 2002

colonel...
i'm trying to sneak around
but i'm dummy thicc
and the clap of my ass cheeks
keeps alerting the guards!
Even in that weirdo looking gif Chaels transition to guard there is rad

Bubba Smith
Sep 27, 2004

Is tonight the greatest moment in Dominick Cruz's life?

No.

The greatest moment in my life was realizing that I didn't need a belt to be happy.

fatherdog posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y1tauLKdpuE

Ronda squeeing over chicken wings is oddly adorable.

This video confirms for me that Burt Watson should really be in the opening sequence on the PPV shows.

Tezcatlipoca
Sep 18, 2009

Intel&Sebastian posted:

Even in that weirdo looking gif Chaels transition to guard there is rad

Turns out guard isn't a good place for him to be.

Agent Tough Juice
May 21, 2007

People! I'd like to say a couple words for you: If you have a dream in your life... go head! It's a possible! Go head! I can do that!
Fights starting in 3 minutes. I know you're all looking forward to watching Kevin Casey.

Link: http://www.ufc.tv/video/weidman-vs-machida-exclusive-fight-pass-prelims

-Atom-
Sep 13, 2003

Contrarian Dick

Bad At Everything
well yeah, he's the #1 ranked middleweight in the world

Tezcatlipoca
Sep 18, 2009
Bubba Bush looks like Texas A&M incarnate.

1st AD
Dec 3, 2004

Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu: sometimes passing just isn't an option.
Pretty sure Kevin Casey gassed himself early with his fight hype video.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ch3cooh
Jun 26, 2006

gently caress Aggies

• Locked thread