Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
mr. mephistopheles
Dec 2, 2009

dakana posted:

she wanted a photo with me. uh ok

Couples want photos with the photographer all the time. You're part of their day so it makes sense. I guess it's a little weird with it just being the bride.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tricerapowerbottom
Jun 16, 2008

WILL MY PONY RECOGNIZE MY VOICE IN HELL
I was out collecting and saw this patch of willow and reeds near an alkali lake, and liked the different layers of texture and color made by the different species' preference of distance from the water. Still working on that smiling thing.

erephus
May 24, 2012
\o/ \o/ \o/ \o/ \o/
\o/ \o/ \o/ \o/ \o/
Bought a new Australian leather hat.

image by dabrovnijk, on Flickr

8th-snype
Aug 28, 2005

My office is in the front room of a run-down 12 megapixel sensor but the rent suits me and the landlord doesn't ask many questions.

Dorkroom Short Fiction Champion 2012

Young Orc

erephus posted:

Bought a new Australian leather hat.

image by dabrovnijk, on Flickr

Sweet sci-fi author cosplay

Musket
Mar 19, 2008
Booo! by Ashade76, on Flickr

8th-snype
Aug 28, 2005

My office is in the front room of a run-down 12 megapixel sensor but the rent suits me and the landlord doesn't ask many questions.

Young Orc

Gay Ghost Pizza. Try our sausage and mushroom special, it's to die for!

LargeHadron
May 19, 2009

They say, "you mean it's just sounds?" thinking that for something to just be a sound is to be useless, whereas I love sounds just as they are, and I have no need for them to be anything more than what they are.

8th-snype posted:

Make sure you get it with white sauce tho

8th-snype
Aug 28, 2005

Young Orc

LargeHadron posted:

Make sure you get it with white sauce tho

I don't care what kind of sauce it is as long as there's lots of it.

Musket
Mar 19, 2008

8th-snype posted:

look, im just tryin to take selfies to a new level.

8th-snype
Aug 28, 2005

Young Orc

Musket posted:

look, im just tryin to take selfies to a new level.

Lee Friedlander beat you to it.

mr. mephistopheles
Dec 2, 2009

Across-the-street pro selfie.

dakana
Aug 28, 2006
So I packed up my Salvador Dali print of two blindfolded dental hygienists trying to make a circle on an Etch-a-Sketch and headed for California.

mr. mephistopheles posted:

Across-the-street pro selfie.

That circle of light on the building makes it look like you hit it with a full-blast from a Profoto head or something.

Couples want photos with the photographer all the time. You're part of their day so it makes sense. I guess it's a little weird with it just being the bride.

Well, and we were coworkers for a bit, too. I didn't think it was weird, but I was caught a bit by surprise.

Hokkaido Anxiety
May 21, 2007

slub club 2013
Celebrated the 4th by drinking a lot of PBR with my girlfriend and taking photos.

A wannabe street photographer shot us from the hip with his little fuji while we were wandering around. If it was one of you, man up and frame your picture through the viewfinder, damnit. :argh:

ExecuDork
Feb 25, 2007

We might be fucked, sir.
Fallen Rib
My GF grabbed my camera while we were out at the bar last night. The cheap sunglasses were handed out by the girls running the vodka-sampler (verdict: tasty!) table, along with glowstick-bracelets (I put one on my camera strap).
The Band Photographer by Execudork, on Flickr

Spedman
Mar 12, 2010

Kangaroos hate Hasselblads

Awkward photo of me at my exhibition on Friday night, next to the big yellow boner.

mr. mephistopheles
Dec 2, 2009

I'm the James Dean of photography.

ExecuDork
Feb 25, 2007

We might be fucked, sir.
Fallen Rib
Apparently I'm not particularly imaginative when it comes to mirrors in small rooms.
Exhibits at MONA 6 by Execudork, on Flickr
Exhibits at MONA 14 by Execudork, on Flickr

RangerScum
Apr 6, 2006

lol hey there buddy
haaaay uuuuu guyyyyyyys

8th-snype
Aug 28, 2005

Young Orc
Post the Stephen Shorest shirts you got.

RangerScum
Apr 6, 2006

lol hey there buddy

ExecuDork
Feb 25, 2007

We might be fucked, sir.
Fallen Rib
I use my phone on the can, too, but I read twitter and news sites, I don't take selfies there.

RangerScum
Apr 6, 2006

lol hey there buddy

ExecuDork posted:

I use my phone on the can, too, but I read twitter and news sites, I don't take selfies there.

sir i have no idea what you are talking about

LargeHadron
May 19, 2009

They say, "you mean it's just sounds?" thinking that for something to just be a sound is to be useless, whereas I love sounds just as they are, and I have no need for them to be anything more than what they are.

Think this is good for my website (photography/music)? I'm trying to look cool I guess. I took it myself and I'm sure I looked like a giant rear end in a top hat snapping a hundred pictures of myself on the sidewalk with novelty shades.

Huxley
Oct 10, 2012

Grimey Drawer
Scanning mom's old negs, Christmas '98 or so (me bottom left). This is my future rap album cover.

Nina by mattphilpott734, on Flickr

mr. mephistopheles
Dec 2, 2009

LargeHadron posted:

Think this is good for my website (photography/music)? I'm trying to look cool I guess. I took it myself and I'm sure I looked like a giant rear end in a top hat snapping a hundred pictures of myself on the sidewalk with novelty shades.

You look like you don't believe you're cool which makes you look uncomfortable. You have to believe that poo poo if you want to take a photo like that. If you feel awkward you're going to look awkward.

Hokkaido Anxiety
May 21, 2007

slub club 2013

Huxley posted:

Scanning mom's old negs, Christmas '98 or so (me bottom left). This is my future rap album cover.

quote:

Obligatory goon-post about your dad(?) showing good trigger discipline.
:goonsay:

RangerScum
Apr 6, 2006

lol hey there buddy

LargeHadron posted:

Use the parking garage pic imo.

alkanphel
Mar 24, 2004

Portrait in Dakota by alkanphel, on Flickr

LargeHadron
May 19, 2009

RangerScum posted:

Use the parking garage pic imo.

Hahaha, nah I'm saving that one for my upcoming jesusrock album

Whitezombi
Apr 26, 2006

With these Zombie Eyes he rendered her powerless - With this Zombie Grip he made her perform his every desire!

Huxley posted:

goddamn that shirt

TsarAleksi
Nov 24, 2004

What?
It's me, with a camera... Crazy sight of late...

Pompous Rhombus
Mar 11, 2007

This owns.

Musket
Mar 19, 2008

lil street drinking break after takin some photos.

bellows lugosi
Aug 9, 2003

8th-snype posted:

Post the Stephen Shorest shirts you got.

PushingKingston
Feb 25, 2005

What a BEARtiful face I have found in this place that is circling all round the sun.

365 Nog Hogger
Jan 19, 2008

by Shine
Last two: Very naice.

mr. mephistopheles
Dec 2, 2009

It rained today in the desert.

bobmarleysghost
Mar 7, 2006

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sFJnu2Pi8jQ

mr. mephistopheles
Dec 2, 2009

Goddamn that's a terrible song.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dread Head
Aug 1, 2005

0-#01

Goddamn that's a terrible song.

Perfect sound track for your posting then.

• Locked thread