Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
warcrimes
Jul 6, 2013

I don't know what's it called, I just know the sound it makes when it takes a J4G's life. :parrot: :parrot: :parrot: :parrot:

ROSS MY SALAD posted:

Philip Rivers' record by month for the regular season:

September: 15-12
October: 14-17
November: 19-15
December/January: 34-7

That's some pretty lovely coaching, imo.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!

warcrimes posted:

That's some pretty lovely coaching, imo.

you don't say

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

They don't have regular season games in February

Shadow225
Jan 2, 2007

ROSS MY SALAD posted:

They don't have regular season games in February

That's an embarrassing oversight.

A Man and his dog
Oct 24, 2013

by R. Guyovich
Welp, July is proving once again to be the best month of the offseason. None of the players give a gently caress and are partying hard before training camp starts.

When you make millions of dollars you gotta live it up. Hoes up, pimps down.

v2vian man
Sep 1, 2007

Only question I
ever thought was hard
was do I like Kirk
or do I like Picard?
haha yeah *pretends to check phone but it's actually a bar coaster* welp my friends are outside. nice to meet you what'd you say your name was man? ok take care dude

That Which Squeaks
Aug 28, 2006

"Good. Use your aggressive feelings, boy. Let the hate flow through you."
-Bill Belichick
So in clicking on a link on a twitter I believe I found a Raiders fan who believes the NFL season is starting today. :psyduck:

@ArmonSigur July 6th
Get ready because we are going to Kick y'all rear end tomorrow look at this haha gently caress you jets pic.twitter.com/9S8SmJbLK8

@ArmonSigur 29m
@nfl What channel do the Raiders Game come on today I want to Wich it with my baby mama and my son please get back at Me

@ArmonSigur 19m
@ohioraider937 Was up my raider fan want Time the Raiders game is Comeing on today get back at Me and let me know raiders For life

The Raiders and Jets do play September 7th......

warcrimes
Jul 6, 2013

I don't know what's it called, I just know the sound it makes when it takes a J4G's life. :parrot: :parrot: :parrot: :parrot:
Sports Nation briefly discussed Johnny Eightball's dollar bill y'all pic today but NFL Insiders and NFL Live didn't go near it. Interesting.

Volkerball
Oct 15, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
I got me a baby mama some times she get on my dam narves but I love her rear end
So much I just want to gently caress her right n

:3:

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

That Which Squeaks posted:

So in clicking on a link on a twitter I believe I found a Raiders fan who believes the NFL season is starting today. :psyduck:

@ArmonSigur July 6th
Get ready because we are going to Kick y'all rear end tomorrow look at this haha gently caress you jets pic.twitter.com/9S8SmJbLK8

@ArmonSigur 29m
@nfl What channel do the Raiders Game come on today I want to Wich it with my baby mama and my son please get back at Me

@ArmonSigur 19m
@ohioraider937 Was up my raider fan want Time the Raiders game is Comeing on today get back at Me and let me know raiders For life

The Raiders and Jets do play September 7th......

Meth is a horrible thing. Don't do meth.

A Man and his dog
Oct 24, 2013

by R. Guyovich
I don't know poo poo about law but isn't it slander or libel (I'm not sure) if they bring it up without any proof?

Yeah no TV executive is going to touch that story.

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

A Man and his dog posted:

I don't know poo poo about law but isn't it slander or libel (I'm not sure) if they bring it up without any proof?

If you can prove intent to harm a reputation which is nearly impossible.

Also that picture isn't private property or anything.

warcrimes
Jul 6, 2013

This is dumb.

Democratic Pirate
Feb 17, 2010

JFF throwing a 60 yard td strike and then pretending to snort the 50 yard line on his first play ever in the NFL would be grounds for immediate retirement, induction into the Hall, and being awarded the Forever MVP trophy.

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

I don't know poo poo about law

that's pretty obvious - investigating whether one of the most popular draft picks was actually rolling up a bill to make like granpappy's friends doesn't exactly fall under "malicious intent."

turbomoose
Nov 29, 2008
Playing the banjo can be a relaxing activity and create lifelong friendships!
\
:backtowork:
It's not getting much love on the espn poll, but the snow plow game for the pats has to be one of the funniest "plays"

http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-network-top-ten/09000d5d80498bba/Top-Ten-Weather-Games-The-Snow-Plow-Game

Hockles
Dec 25, 2007

Resident of Camp Blood
Crystal Lake

Wow, Cleveland's 3 memorable plays aren't just

The Drive
The Fumble
Red Right 88

Actual nominees:

Lou Groza kicks game-winning FG in 1950 NFL Championship Game vs. Rams
Gary Collins scores 1st of his 3 TDs on pass from Frank Ryan in '64 NFL Championship Game win
Earnest Byner fumbles at the goal line vs. Broncos in '87 AFC title game (The Fumble)

turbomoose
Nov 29, 2008
Playing the banjo can be a relaxing activity and create lifelong friendships!
\
:backtowork:
Why isn't drafting JFF one of the options?

Sour Diesel
Jan 30, 2010

The ones for Baltimore are:

Flacco to Jacoby miracle TD in Denver
Jermaine Gresham'sLewis TD return in Super Bowl XXXV
Ray Lewis' pick six against Tennessee in 2000

Pretty good picks although I'd personally change the Jermaine Gresham TD to this play:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wIvTi5y61kk&t=17s
That game was really intense. It was also Dennis Pitta's breakout game.

Sour Diesel fucked around with this message at 23:46 on Jul 7, 2014

Hockles
Dec 25, 2007

Resident of Camp Blood
Crystal Lake

I didn't think of it until just now, but it's really telling that there are no memorable plays (maybe Bottlegate) for the Browns in the last 30 years.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!
Any other teams have two plays from one game? Two of the Chiefs options are from Super Bowl IV.

I'd say you could click the link on the left to see them but the NFL killed that video :argh:

e: The Rams do. Makers of the poll can't stand to watch more than a few games of football in Missouri. And I can't blame them. And all three Rams choices are from the 1999 season, ouch. You'd think you could work a Dickerson play in there or something.

Grittybeard fucked around with this message at 23:06 on Jul 7, 2014

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

I got a taste for blown saves

Brannock posted:

ESPN is doing a "most memorable plays" voting thing for each team. Here's the NFC North nominatons:

They couldn't find more than one memorable good plays for the Vikings? :laugh:

I'm not even going to look but I'm going to assume that for the Texans Rosencopter was nominated and that it will win by a landslide

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it
Ah man, the Niners memorable plays aren't just
- The Catch
- The Catch II
- The Catch III

It's Catch 1 & 2 and then the Montana to Taylor

Kawalimus
Jan 17, 2008

Better Living Through Birding And Pessimism

Sour Diesel posted:

Jermaine Gresham's TD return in Super Bowl XXXV

Pretty good picks although I'd personally change the Jermaine Gresham TD to this play:

I didn't know Cincinnati's TE was returning kicks for the Ravens in 2000 :D

But my picks are different.

The Ray Lewis pick in the Titans game was great but pales in comparison to the Anthony Mitchell FG return touchdown in the same game. That was unreal. It might be the only time I was left speechless by a play in a football game. Until that point I figured the Ravens were going to lose in a close game but that was ok since we made the playoffs for the first time etc etc. When that kick was not only blocked again but the Ravens took the lead from it it was like...oh my god we might actually win this. That's my #1 Ravens play of all time.

I'd rank the Jacoby Jones KR TD above the Jermaine Lewis one. We would have probably won the game anyway without the Jermaine TD but the Jacoby Jones one was against a much better team and we needed every last point in the end. So that one takes the place of Jermaine's even though that was a great play.

And the third one of course was the Mile High Miracle. Can't exclude that.

Honorable mention: Shannon Sharpe's game winning TD in week 2 of the 2000 season.

Now I have to think of the top 3 Ravens plays NOT associated with the championship teams. I think the Torrey Smith TD cited there has to be one of them. I would also include the Chris McAlister FG return TD against Denver as another one. I was at that game too.

3rd I'm biased but I'll have to say a tie between every single scoring play when we beat those bastard Redskins at M&T Bank Stadium and I got to attend it.

No Irish Need Imply
Nov 30, 2008

Sour Diesel posted:

Jermaine Gresham's TD return in Super Bowl XXXV

Jermaine... Gresham?

Bigass Moth
Mar 6, 2004

I joined the #RXT REVOLUTION.
:boom:
he knows...

Hockles posted:

I didn't think of it until just now, but it's really telling that there are no memorable plays (maybe Bottlegate) for the Browns in the last 30 years.

There are plenty of memorable plays but who cares when they go 4-12 every year.

Brannock
Feb 9, 2006

by exmarx
Fallen Rib

Grittybeard posted:

Any other teams have two plays from one game? Two of the Chiefs options are from Super Bowl IV.

I'd say you could click the link on the left to see them but the NFL killed that video :argh:

e: The Rams do. Makers of the poll can't stand to watch more than a few games of football in Missouri. And I can't blame them. And all three Rams choices are from the 1999 season, ouch. You'd think you could work a Dickerson play in there or something.

I think those nominations were fan-submitted, so there's that...

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010

Hockles posted:

Brandon Weeden throwing an interception to Deandre Levy as he attempted to flip it out of bounds
Brandon Weeden being sacked by an American flag

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

Brannock posted:

I think those nominations were fan-submitted, so there's that...

poo poo, I hope someone at least threw Dwayne Rudd's helmet in there.

I hope Dwayne Rudd threw his helmet in there. I hope he walks around throwing helmets everywhere he goes.

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002

I don't know poo poo

Well we got the first step to recovery done

swickles
Aug 21, 2006

I guess that I don't need that though
Now you're just some QB that I used to know
Wow, I was able to guess correctly on the Steeler's ones, although two of them from one game made it kind of easy.

"Immaculate Reception" -- Franco Harris scores TD after catching deflected pass in '72 divisional playoff

James Harrison returns INT 100 yards for a TD on final play of 1st half in Super Bowl XLIII

Santonio Holmes toe-taps game-winning TD catch in back of end zone of Super Bowl XLIII.

Immaculate Reception is of course winning in a landslide.

Sour Diesel
Jan 30, 2010

Atticus Finch posted:

Jermaine... Gresham?

I brain farted on a name because I'm very good at being very stupid.

gohuskies
Oct 23, 2010

I spend a lot of time making posts to justify why I'm not a self centered shithead that just wants to act like COVID isn't a thing.
Russell Wilson falls for a photoshop:

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
Beast Quake
Sherman's tipped ball
Something Largent did like 30 years ago I wasn't even aware of this play

Personally I would've gone with Boz getting trucked by Bo for option No. 3

The Puppy Bowl
Jan 31, 2013

A dog, in the house.

*woof*

Atticus Finch posted:

Jermaine... Gresham?

He meant Jermaine Lewis. That moment had the added umph of either his wife recently having a premey baby who passed and Lewis pointing up to the sky and collapsing into sobs over it immediately after the run. It was really intense.

My favorite is probably Torrey Smith's last second touchdown against the Steelers in his rookie year. That one is mostly bias because it's the play that led to my girlfriend becoming a proper football fan.

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

My guesses for San Diego:

1. Holy Roller
2. Dennis Gibson knocking down Neil Odonnel's pass in the 1994 AFC Title game
3. LdT breaking the touchdown record against Denver in 2006

Athanatos
Jun 7, 2006

Est. 1967
Colts should be:

Peyton Manning Draft
Marlin Jackson Interception
Peyton Manning Draft

Bundt Cake
Aug 17, 2003
;(

gohuskies posted:

Russell Wilson falls for a photoshop:

I believe Paul Allen could do that

Shangri-Law School
Feb 19, 2013

Brannock posted:

Detroit:

Calvin Johnson catches TD pass despite Cowboys' triple team
Barry Sanders breaks tackles on 47-yard TD run vs. Cowboys in '91 divisional playoffs
QB Dan Orlovsky accidentally runs out of the back of the end zone for a safety

There's also Matthew Stafford's fake spike against the Cowboys. I wish the Lions played the Cowboys this year.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

swickles
Aug 21, 2006

I guess that I don't need that though
Now you're just some QB that I used to know

Athanatos posted:

Colts should be:

Peyton Manning Draft
Marlin Jackson Interception
Peyton Manning Draft

Ben's shoestring tackle after Bettis fumbles or "He missed it.gif".

• Locked thread