Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
devtesla
Jan 2, 2012

Grimey Drawer
🗻 Buy Mountian here! 🗻

aka laptop battery drainer

Mountan is a game for PC/Mac/Linux and iOS by David OReilly and his very handsome programmer pal Damien Di Fede. You play as a procedurally generated mountain, who is made based on drawings you make when you first start the game. Calming sounds and music play and it runs in a window so you can leave it in the background. The menu lists these as the controls:

This is a drat lie, as you can use the mouse to zoom out and drag the mountain around, and the keyboard to play music which does stuff. Time passes stuff grows and dies and other things happen.

It's really dumb but I kind of love it? It's a loving dollar tho which is cool.

You might know David OReilly from the episode of Adventure Time he animated himself, A Glitch Is a Glitch, as well as the short The External World.

Watch David try and fail to demo his game at a conference:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FpObFKcyLJ8

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

devtesla
Jan 2, 2012

Grimey Drawer
My mountain is wondering about other mountains, and if it meets one weather it will like them or not.

devtesla
Jan 2, 2012

Grimey Drawer
Mountain ranked #1 app overall in Germany, #5 in US & China and #1 Role Playing Game in 33 countries.

Sylink
Apr 17, 2004

No.

RagnarokAngel
Oct 5, 2006

Black Magic Extraordinaire
You know who else was #1 in Germany? That's right.

Sheng-Ji Yang
Mar 5, 2014

So this is just a fancy screensaver?

A Fancy 400 lbs
Jul 24, 2008

RagnarokAngel posted:

You know who else was #1 in Germany? That's right.

David Hasselhoff. :argh:

SealHammer
Jul 4, 2010
Click to understand my bad faith posting.

Sheng-ji Yang posted:

no you pay money for this

extra stout
Feb 24, 2005

ISILDUR's ERR

Sheng-ji Yang posted:

I like games with a focus on nature that have some real appreciation for it but this is definitely just a desktop app that is pretty cool for a dollar but not a video game by any definition.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Philosopher King
Oct 25, 2006
someone reskin this as a 2 girls 1 cup mountain and you sir have yourself a sale

• Locked thread