Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Stiev Awt
Mar 20, 2007

Is it possible to chalk up a loss for both teams?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

WienerDog
Apr 8, 2007
Resident Rocking Dachshund
Well ...... poo poo.

Gorman Thomas
Jul 24, 2007
Calhoun turning into a beast out of nowhere gives me hope for the Angels farm

LonesomeCrowdedWest
May 8, 2008
Welp

WienerDog
Apr 8, 2007
Navarro double.

So basically:

Chexoid posted:

This games a loving disaster

Stiev Awt
Mar 20, 2007

Doushite Kawasaki

Stiev Awt
Mar 20, 2007

Trout is good. Summer is hot.

Chexoid
Nov 5, 2009

Now that I have this dating robot I can take it easy.
Todd Redmond rolling so far.

No I mean he tripped and is now rolling down the third base line.

LonesomeCrowdedWest
May 8, 2008
Jesus this game

Chexoid
Nov 5, 2009

Now that I have this dating robot I can take it easy.
What would posses a man to watch baseball.

WienerDog
Apr 8, 2007
I'm seriously considering my life choices.

thompson
Jun 6, 2006
Nice job Marlins....:lol:

abelwingnut
Dec 23, 2002

Anthony Rizzo is the truth.

Tedd_Not_Ed
Feb 16, 2014

I've seen games go perfect for 12 innings all for naught. I've seen no-hitters pitched on illicit drugs. Homer streaks lasting eight games and 20 run losses. I've seen pennants won and seasons collapse. All these memories will be lost in time. Like tears in the rain.

Time to die.
ESPN is promoting a Star Wars theme for tonight's broadcast. :confused:

Thats just... stupid.

Abner Assington
Mar 13, 2005

For I am a sinner in the hands of an angry god. Bloody Mary, full of vodka, blessed are you among cocktails. Pray for me now, at the hour of my death, which I hope is soon.

Amen.
Death to ESPN.

Longpig Bard
Dec 29, 2004

Oh, the Angels won that poo poo show? Woo.

Tedd_Not_Ed
Feb 16, 2014

I've seen games go perfect for 12 innings all for naught. I've seen no-hitters pitched on illicit drugs. Homer streaks lasting eight games and 20 run losses. I've seen pennants won and seasons collapse. All these memories will be lost in time. Like tears in the rain.

Time to die.
Alright, the game has even started yet and already this gimmick is getting tiresome.

Scob
Jul 17, 2005

they should have dressed these motherfuckers in rebel and imperial attire. loving wookies pitching to stormtroopers make it happen bud

Tedd_Not_Ed
Feb 16, 2014

Time to die.
Who's the more foolish, this team or the goon who follows them?

Scob
Jul 17, 2005

looked safe, probably wont overturn it, matt adams is fat, more great outfield defense by mccutcheon turning a ball he missplayed into an out

Tedd_Not_Ed
Feb 16, 2014

Time to die.
Impressive.

Scob
Jul 17, 2005

cool maybe yadi is hurt

Michael Bayleaf
Jun 4, 2006

Tortured By Flan
The Rangers loving Suck

Tedd_Not_Ed
Feb 16, 2014

Time to die.
I’ve got a very bad feeling about this.
(In case you haven't guessed, I've decided to describe this game using only quotes from the Star Wars movies)

KIM JONG TRILL
Nov 29, 2006

GIN AND JUCHE
holy poo poo that catch by george springer

Santheb
Jul 13, 2005

Home plate umpire in the Nats/O's game is a joke. At least he's consistently bad for both teams though.

Scob
Jul 17, 2005

matt adams is on fire

Scob
Jul 17, 2005

looks like yadi is out of the game with some kind of thumb injury

Anubis
Oct 9, 2003

It's hard to keep sand out of ears this big.
Fun Shoe

Scob posted:

looks like yadi is out of the game with some kind of thumb injury

Hopefully cautionary. We are really getting to this guy early tonight. A couple more runs here would make me feel comfortable.

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?

Anubis posted:

Hopefully cautionary. We are really getting to this guy early tonight. A couple more runs here would make me feel comfortable.

It's Lance Lynn approaching the all star break so there's like a 50-50 chance that they're due for a 5 run inning or something.

Scob
Jul 17, 2005

rick sutcliffe really wants to see a squeeze play happen

FairGame
Jul 24, 2001

Der Kommander

AJ Pierzynski will be the 2014 rear end in a top hat that cards fans grow to love.

In previous years this role was played by Chris carpenter.

And briefly in 2008 by Julio lugo

E: apparently it was 2009

Scob
Jul 17, 2005

haha craig you so bad

FairGame
Jul 24, 2001

Der Kommander

Scob posted:

haha craig you so bad

Master Allen :smith:

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?
why is chewbacca at a baseball game

Tedd_Not_Ed
Feb 16, 2014

Time to die.

MourningView posted:

why is chewbacca at a baseball game

As previously noted ESPN and the Cards are having a Star Wars Night Promotion.

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?

Tedd_Not_Ed posted:

As previously noted ESPN and the Cards are having a Star Wars Night Promotion.

"Hey Chewie do you want to go to a baseball game?"

"RAWARAWWWWRRRAAARRR"*

*what the gently caress is baseball? I am a wookie from space, moron

FairGame
Jul 24, 2001

Der Kommander

Chewbacca feels a kinship with jayson werth

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?
Matt Carpenter just hosed his wrist up making a diving stop that netted zero outs and allowed a run. So that's a bummer.

e: oh he's staying in. Well I'm sure he's fine, the Cardinals would never underestimate an injury.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FairGame
Jul 24, 2001

Der Kommander

Apparently it's death to cardinals all stars night.

• Locked thread