Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Siegkrow
Oct 11, 2013

Arguing about Lore for 5 years and counting

Geemer posted:

Mandatory Pokemon Green spritesheet:

Man. Omastar looks so happy

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Darth TNT
Sep 20, 2013

Dareon posted:

Cheren does serve as about half the type chart in this one, but it was nice to have it as something I could easily refer to in-game. Mostly I just memorize certain combos or thematic triangles (Grass/Fire/Water, Earth/Water/Electric, Psychic/Fighting/Dark), which means I wind up getting blindsided by a bunch of things. Like I'll remember Fighting beats Ice, then pull Lucario out versus a Mamoswine, which proceeds to do my head in with a Ground-type attack.

e: Or try and use Luxio against a Quagsire.

That's just the result of the secondary type tripping you up. I often forget about the weaknesses of the secondary typing as well. I only remember what the secondary type is strong against.

Does the voice on the bridge belong to N? I always assumed so, it just seems so weird for him to be there.

Chorocojo
Sep 25, 2005

Legendary Enchantment Creature -- Bird God

Darth TNT posted:

Does the voice on the bridge belong to N? I always assumed so, it just seems so weird for him to be there.

Yes. It even scrolls across at the super fast speed like N's does usually.

Chorocojo
Sep 25, 2005

#26. UDF: Emolga Armageddon

Huh. I wonder what's out there. Screw it I'm hopped up on fan-gifted lemonade let's do this. Let's jump the railing.

. . . oh. Too much sugar.

- - -

You know it Chachi! Thought I'd get back to my action sci-fi roots with this one!
"Wha-"

quote:

Plot
A UFO appears in a major metropolis! The UDF rushes to the scene!

Mission
Knock out Elgyem in seven scenes. Don't knock out any other Pokémon.

Script

Scene 1 - Switch your opponent's Pokémon!
Scene 2 - Use a move the foe's type is weak to! The line you choose is important!
Scene 3 - Use a move the foe's type is weak to!
Scene 4 - Use a move the foe's type is weak to!
Scene 5 - Deliver a decisive blow!
Scene 6 - Deliver a decisive blow!
Scene 7 - Deliver a decisive blow!

Choro Notes: This task literally failed me as I started. I did not get a chance to do anything as I was KOd by the Roggenrola's first attack.
You have a Herdier holding a King's Rock that knows Roar and Bite.
Your opponents are a Roggenrola and an Elgyem. The objective is simple: Roar the Roggenrola away, Bite the Elgyem. HOWEVER, because Roar always goes last, you WILL get hit my Roggenrola's Rock Blast. If the Roggenrola hits for more than 2 you have a good chance of failing. 4-5 hits will KO you and fail the movie immediately. 3 opens you up to a one-hit from Elgyem's Charge Beam. It's kind of dumb.

Great! Great! I'm gonna go watch it RIGHT NOW!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-KmaOXY8WkI

IT WAS THE BEST MOVIE I'VE EVER SEEN AND I WAS IN IT OH BOY! I HOPE IT GETS AN ENDING SOME DAY!

Choro Notes: The marquees outside the theater actually do change with what movies are playing. It's a nice little detail.

Choro Notes: I'm pretty much just going to run through these next three now.

quote:

Plot
The mysterious woman's experiment! The decoy plan is made clear.

Mission
Knock out SFX Prop U1 with Zap Cannon. Don't knock out with any other move.

Script

Scene 1 - Ensure your attack is on target! The line you choose is important!
Scene 2 - Make sure you hit the foe!
Scene 3 - Ensure your attack is on target!
Scene 4 - Make sure you hit the foe!
Scene 5 - Ensure your attack is on target!
Scene 6 - Make sure you hit the foe!
Scene 8 - Deliver a decisive blow!
Scene 9 - Deliver a decisive blow!

Choro Notes: This one is probably one of the easiest movies to complete. The Prop is an Electric/Flying-type that will constantly use Counter. All you have to do is use Lock-On and Zap Cannon alternating and you're golden.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mvN89umby2U

Yes Mr. Deeoh!

- - -

quote:

Plot
The UFO returns! The decoy plan is put in motion!

Mission
Knock out Beheeyem in seven scenes. Don't knock out any other foes.

Script

Scene 1 - Steal the foe's item!
Scene 2 - Switch your opponent's Pokémon! The line you choose is important!
Scene 3 - Use the foe's item!
Scene 4 - Use the foe's item!
Scene 5 - Use the foe's item!
Scene 6 - Deliver a decisive blow!

Choro Notes: This one's not TOO bad. In fact I completely botch it and pull it off! I skipped scene one and just switched my opponent's targets. Your Vullaby has Rest and you're meant to use Thief to take your opponents' Chesto Berries. Your Vullaby also has Pluck which is meant to be a trap: Pluck doesn't steal berries it just eats them. However if you just use Thief repeatedly you can probably beat the Beheeyem. The Beheeyem uses Rock Slide so it has a chance of missing and isn't that strong anyway.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JFnOqOmcnmI

I will never not take and drink these!

- - -

quote:

Plot
The truth behind the mysterious woman! Humanity's final battle begins!

Mission
Knock out SFX Prop U2 in 10 scenes. Don't knock out any other foes.

Script

Scene 1 - Pay attention to your foe's item!
Scene 2 - Switch your Pokémon!
Scene 3 - Switch your opponent's Pokémon! The line you choose is important!
Scene 4 - Switch your Pokémon!
Scene 5 - Don't be afraid to make sacrifices! Pay attention to your foe's item!
Scene 6 - Use a move the foe is weak to!
Scene 7 - Use a move the foe is weak to!
Scene 8 - Use a move the foe is weak to!
Scene 9 - Deliver a decisive blow!
Scene 10 - Deliver a decisive blow!

Choro Notes: This one is obnoxious only because there is so much room for the RNG to kill you. You are facing and Emolga with an Iron Ball and the Prop from earlier except now it's an Electric/Psychic-type with Levitate. What you need to do is use Trick to give Reuniclus the Iron Ball from Emolga. Switch to Krokorok. Roar the Emolga away. Switch BACK to Reuniclus. Trick the Iron Ball onto the prop. Then hit it with Earthquake. Twice. If even ONCE the opponent gets a critical hit during that or your monster flinches from Dark Pulse. You're done. There is absolutely no room for error. By the time you use Trick with Reuniclus, it's going to take two hits from Dark Pulse and most likely end up with like 10 HP.

This is one of the poster children for the RNG making what could be an interesting idea into a miserable ordeal.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jqqTeuUYpiA

Choro Notes: The good news is Rosa's fame level has leveled up because she Grossed P1000 Billion., This means she gets three more fans and access to another series of movies.

I work here! It's fun! People give me candy!

See! Wait, milk? Five milks. I will drink all five milks. RIGHT NOW.

HEEEEEeeeee~

This would have gone with that milk!

C-can you drink these? I'm going to anyway.

Hi, hello.

I'm drinking so much milk today! There is no downside to this!

Ha! Ha! Ok!

. . . I'm feeling pretty urpy now . . .

quote:

UFO Movie Master - A Medal commemorating the release of the full series of "Invaders" in Pokéstar Studios.

Chorocojo fucked around with this message at 00:06 on Jul 1, 2014

Geostomp
Oct 22, 2008

Unite: MASH!!
~They've got the bad guys on the run!~

Darth TNT posted:

That's just the result of the secondary type tripping you up. I often forget about the weaknesses of the secondary typing as well. I only remember what the secondary type is strong against.

No weirder than him shouting out his plans to nobody in particular for no reason. Unless one of the Joltiks was concerned enough to ask.

Edit: For some reason, the UFO movie was one of my favorites. I don't know why. Probably just because it was relatively easy to get out of the way during my Pokestar grinding runs.

Yukari
Feb 17, 2011

"That's going in the cringe reel for sure."

Chorocojo posted:

I'm drinking so much milk today! There is no downside to this!

Right at the end, you have a duped picture of the Nurse giving you stuff.

Chorocojo
Sep 25, 2005

quote:

Trivia
This movie is loosely based on E.T. The Extra-Terrestrial.

Thanks Bulbapedia.

Geostomp
Oct 22, 2008

Unite: MASH!!
~They've got the bad guys on the run!~

Chorocojo posted:

Thanks Bulbapedia.

They have a very loose definition of "loosely". Unless there was some director's cut of ET I never saw that took a dark turn somewhere along the line.

Charlie72
Apr 21, 2010

Geostomp posted:

They have a very loose definition of "loosely". Unless there was some director's cut of ET I never saw that took a dark turn somewhere along the line.

It's called The Pod People.

Charlie72 fucked around with this message at 00:21 on Jul 1, 2014

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

Mega film star Rosa busted doing potions on set.
Claims ignorance to illegality.

Pyroi
Aug 17, 2013

gay elf noises

Chorocojo posted:

Thanks Bulbapedia.

Wait, I thought it was based off of Yu-gi-oh The Movie.

Captain Fargle
Feb 16, 2011

"E.T. phone home........ OF DOOM!"

SirPhoebos
Dec 10, 2007

WELL THAT JUST HAPPENED!

Charlie72 posted:

It's called The Pod People.

:downs: Xanadu you can do stupid things!

VolticSurge
Jul 23, 2013

Just your friendly neighborhood photobomb raptor.

Geostomp posted:

That was actually what Spielberg originally had in mind, but it never got made. It was called Night Skies.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Rigged Death Trap posted:

We've got shocking photos of Rosa's crippling addiction to Moo-Moo Milk on Page 2!

Darth TNT
Sep 20, 2013

Chorocojo posted:

Yes. It even scrolls across at the super fast speed like N's does usually.

I never noticed the scroll speed. :downs: I just figured it because I can't think of anyone else in the setting who can yell something about friends needing his protection and believing he has the power to do so. A bit weird that no one else in the cave responds to it. I expected that the ace trainer behind the bridge would've at least said something about a green haired kid blasting of again.

Wounded Land
Nov 27, 2007
Living in a greenhouse, growing crops that we can't eat...

Aren't potions sprays in pokemon? Poor girl, getting hooked on inhalants :(

KataraniSword
Apr 22, 2008

but at least I don't have
a MLP or MSPA avatar.
I am my own man.

Wounded Land posted:

Aren't potions sprays in pokemon? Poor girl, getting hooked on inhalants :(

The frightening part is that she's not snorting, she's chugging. :catstare::pcgaming: That'd be like deciding you didn't want to huff spraypaint and just downed a can of the stuff like Bud Lite.

SloppyDoughnuts
Apr 9, 2010

I set fire to the rain watched it pour as I touched your face

KataraniSword posted:

The frightening part is that she's not snorting, she's chugging. :catstare::pcgaming: That'd be like deciding you didn't want to huff spraypaint and just downed a can of the stuff like Bud Lite.

Just don't try to shotgun it, oh god.

MR. J
Nov 22, 2011

Chuck and Fuck
Super Potion: Now with bitterness agent to prevent inhalant abuse.

Raitzeno
Nov 24, 2007

What? It seemed like
a good idea at the time.

MR. J posted:

Super Potion: Now with bitterness agent to prevent inhalant abuse.

So... now it's Herbal Medicine? :D

Rangpur
Dec 31, 2008

Charges dropped after five minutes of court.
Prosecutor: "I cannot goddamned believe she really was that ignorant."

Blaziken386
Jun 27, 2013

I'm what the kids call: a big nerd
I feel like this should be reposted. (I don't remember who the original poster was, sorry.)

quote:

And that's how it starts. A face in the crowd presses a can of cold lemonade into your hand. You try it once. Goes down nice. Takes the edge off. Bellhop says he 'knows a guy.' He'll get you hooked up for the price of an autograph. A month passes, then another. Your new film is six weeks behind schedule because you keep arriving on set on a sugar rush so bad you can't sit still long enough for the makeup lady to do her thing. No problem. You can handle it. Just gotta find something a little stronger to keep you focused. By now the bellhop's guy is your guy and he's got just the thing: powdered lemonade. No need for water, all you gotta do is inhale.

Soon you're snorting lines off the shell of a Carracosta. You're cutting it with Kool-Aid, Crystal Light, even Swiss Miss. Anything for that good buzz. You can't remember the last time your agent called. Fuckin' killjoy. Oh the tabloids still love you. You're always trying to toss Pokeballs at that Beartic in the zoo, or drooling on the folks below while your Skarmory circles 'cause you passed out before you told him where to land. You're a mess, a punchline on the Late Show. People take bets on how long before you try to snort a Vileplume's Poison Powder and wind up in the morgue. And you, you dumb, wasted motherfucker; you're too smashed to even notice.

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

Hate to be That Guy, but in the games when you use Fly you tell your pokemon where to land BEFORE you take off. Inaccurate.

Darth TNT
Sep 20, 2013

Dabir posted:

Hate to be That Guy, but in the games when you use Fly you tell your pokemon where to land BEFORE you take off. Inaccurate.

The Pokemon Village is clearly marked on the map and has a road leading to it. Meanwhile it's description states that no one has ever found it and is a legend. :shrug:
I love how little sense Pokemon makes.

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

Dabir posted:

You can't do any of the things in that quote in the games. You have failed in your attempt at being pedantic, how dare you sir. :colbert:

Divorced And Curious
Jan 23, 2009

democracy depends on sausage sizzles

Dabir posted:

Hate to be That Guy

If you really hated to be That Guy, you wouldn't be in such a hurry to be That Guy about such a That Guyish thing, That Guy.

Glazius
Jul 22, 2007

Hail all those who are able,
any mouse can,
any mouse will,
but the Guard prevail.

Clapping Larry
I really like the idea of playing around with what would be minor mechanical things in a kind of puzzle mode.

But for puzzle mode the RNG shouldn't really matter.

Chorocojo
Sep 25, 2005

#27. The Town Where Nothing Changed

Crazy weather we're having.

Music: Mistralton City

Oh . . . Oh jeez, was I supposed to do something there? Oh well.

Who isn't?

. . . Care . . . . yeah.

Choro Notes: Coming to this NPC will net you an HP Up if the number of TMs you have reaches 10, 20, 35, 50, 70, and 95.

I know. I KNOW.

- - -

Oh! You're uh, the professor broad from the phone.

It's fine, really. I'm honestly not going out of my way. You get me?

Yeah, yeah I'm su—

. . .

I know what it is!

Irresponsible breeders, that's what I think. Importin' and releasin' from other regions.

makes it fun . . . "

Yea, I've seen her before on the tv.

reach Opelucid City by foot."
Choro Notes: Surprise. Twist Mountain is completely blocked off until the end game due to a cave in. Wah wahhh.

. . . she didn't even let you answer.

attention to anyone outside her head.
Does she do that often?

Hmm?
Choro Notes: You meet both Skyla and Prof. Juniper's father in the same place in Black/White.

Choro Notes: You've basically got the exact option here. You can face Skyla immediately if you really want, but her party bottoms out at L.40.

P.S. We're just gonna fight her because what up.

- - -

Choro Notes: The Sky Drop TM is still in the same place as it was in Black/White. It's also still banned in Wi-Fi matches due to the glitch that could be caused in Black/White. The glitch is no longer present in Black2/White2 but nevertheless, still banned.

"Wouldn't've happened if I were properly hydrated like you. Boom."

WHAT? CAN'T HEAR YOU OVER THE WIND.

away like a certain someone just was!"

NOPE! CAN'T HEAR.

Choro Notes: The gym is straight forward. Run when the fans aren't blowing. Stop behind a wall when they are.

Choro Notes: The trainers in it are baseline L.40, but honestly it's not that hard due to all the weaknesses.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8VctYlH8CMk

I'm sorry, can we just turn the fans off now?

Music: Battle! Unova Gym Leader

Choro Notes: Skyla hasn't really changed since Black, she switched her Unfezant out for something a little harder. That's it.

Choro Notes: Skyla's biggest weakness is, believe it or not, the sheer number of weaknesses her monsters have. Her Swoobat has switched out Heart Stamp for Psychic and Assurance for Energy Ball in challenge mode. I am assuming it's meant to beat Rock-types but eh.

Choro Notes: The problem with having an out for Rock-types is that's just one of Swoobat's problems: It's also weak to Ice, Electricity, Ghost and Dark.

Choro Notes: Skyla's Swanna only gets BubbleBeam replaced with the more powerful Surf in Challenge mode. (And the requisite level boost). Otherwise it's exactly the same: double weak to electricity.

Choro Notes: It's also got a Sitrus Berry that pluck takes care of nicely.

Well that was bound to happen.

We've got a secret weapon you couldn't have been expecting, HEH.

What? Oh. OH.

Still double weak to it, though.

Yeah, if it lowers your attack like that again, just bite HARDER.

Just a test, see how strong you are Redjru.

Came really close to ruining a Sigilyph seven levels higher than it was by itself. Not bad.

Choro Notes: Every one of those attacks was Super Effective on Sigilyph, who has the same typing as Swoobat. It should also be noted, Skyla doesn't normally use Sigilyph, it's exclusive to her Challenge Mode team.

Choro Notes: Skarmory is the last monster she has. While it doesn't have the Ice or Rock weaknesses the rest of her team has it's also just weak to Fire. Observe:

Choro Notes: This battle's pretty much over. Skarmory's Challenge Mode moveset, as it were. Adds the Sitrus Berry it was holding and replaces Fury Attack with X-Scissor.

Oh that's just insult to injury.

Choro Notes: Honestly, my team was just perfectly set up to ruin Skyla. This honestly isn't hard to do as I said: They have a lot of weaknesses.

poo poo, I didn't even wanna do this at the start.

Everyone always brings up two-years ago. Was it that amazing? I mean, I remember the gigantic drill castle, and the legendary dragons and all but.

Two more holes to stick things in, yea. Alright.

Choro Notes: Acrobatics still has that weird thing where just not much learns it. Of Pre-gen5 monsters added to the new dex that learn it Zubat, Gligar and Drifloon were added. The first two learn the move by level up and all by Level 30. It's just such a bizarre choice for a TM.

Hey before you turn the fans back on, I heard this gym was a lot more painful/dangerous? What's the deal with that?
"Oh. They made me take down the cannons about a year ago after that lady broke her neck. . . . That . . . that was a bad day. Anyway bye!!!"

Ow.

OW.

Lord_Ventnor
Mar 30, 2010

The Worldwide Deadly Gangster Communist President
I think that Skyla's cannon gym was more fun than her fan gym.

StrifeHira
Nov 7, 2012

I'll remind you that I have a very large stick.

Lord_Ventnor posted:

It was. But apparently OSHAWOTT disapproves of launching people through the air in massive cannons.
I'm mostly sorry for that pun.

Skyla has a cool gym theme at least. Cheerful and all woodwind-y.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Lord_Ventnor posted:

They probably figured out that constant cannonfire's bad for your hearing.

What? Oh, sorry!

I SAID; THEY PROBABLY FIGURED OUT THAT CONSTANT CANNON FIRE IS BAD FOR YOUR HEARING!

StandardVC10
Feb 6, 2007

This avatar now 50% more dark mode compliant
I kind of liked this gym gimmick actually, not many of them rely on your timing.

StandardVC10
Feb 6, 2007

This avatar now 50% more dark mode compliant

Neddy Seagoon posted:

They probably figured out that constant cannonfire's bad for your hearing.

What? Oh, sorry!

I SAID; THEY PROBABLY FIGURED OUT THAT CONSTANT CANNON FIRE IS BAD FOR YOUR HEARING!

At least having loud things in Skyla's gym is thematically appropriate. Airplane engines are noisy too. :v:

DemonTrigger
May 30, 2011

I'M MAKIN' IT GP RAIN

Glazius posted:

I really like the idea of playing around with what would be minor mechanical things in a kind of puzzle mode.

But for puzzle mode the RNG shouldn't really matter.

I remember that XD for the Gamecube had a VR Disk system where you could do puzzle battles. The one I remember in particular was one where you had to defeat six Shedinja in one turn. As far as I can remember, RNG wasn't as much of a factor if at all.

SystemLogoff
Feb 19, 2011

End Session?

I remember that Pokemon Stadium 2 had much the same thing. It was very generous with the win condition though, so a few misses and crits would not foul things up too much. There was even a victory badge if you won with the wrong pokemon to beat the puzzle.

UmbreonMessiah
Nov 1, 2011

~Hey, I'm grump!~
I'm...yeah, I'm just a grump.
I used Basculin in my Black playthrough all those years ago because it was the only legitimate Water-type I could find. Even though it was substandard, I loved watching it straight out murder things. Love that little hate powered kill fish.

Glazius
Jul 22, 2007

Hail all those who are able,
any mouse can,
any mouse will,
but the Guard prevail.

Clapping Larry
Noise is just air rattling around really fast! That's what makes it perfect for a Flying gym!

Silegna
Aug 20, 2013

Hey, heads up. I'm about to unleash my rage.

UmbreonMessiah posted:

I used Basculin in my Black playthrough all those years ago because it was the only legitimate Water-type I could find. Even though it was substandard, I loved watching it straight out murder things. Love that little hate powered kill fish.

It's so much better in XY too, with Rock Head as it's ability.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chorocojo
Sep 25, 2005

Silegna posted:

It's so much better in XY too, with Rock Head as it's ability.

I vastly prefer Adaptability over either of Basculin's other abilities. Basculin can't do much more than hit things with physical water-type moves. So I'm gonna make it really good at hitting things with physical water-type moves.

Rock Head and Reckless only help Basculin with Take Down and Double-Edge. Thrash, meanwhile, hits for the same damage as Double-edge and has no recoil. Also, Rock Head is only on the inferior blue-striped Basculin so PSH.

I have put a lot of thought into my hate-fish.

• Locked thread