Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Lord Cyrahzax
Oct 11, 2012

Hah! Listening to you fools! Do the lot of you know what honor, justice, vengeance, leisure and drugs have in common? They can be bought! Everything in the galaxy has a price, and only under ANCAP will the Federation be able to get it all- and more! So vote for empty ideals, for base hedonism, but know one thing: you could have so much more!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Viscardus
Jun 1, 2011

Thus equipped by fortune, physique, and character, he was naturally indomitable, and subordinate to no one in the world.

StrifeHira posted:

Let us try to bring sanity to this Goonmind (and probably fail spectacularly)!

What use is sanity without honour? Would you stand with your enemy against your friend, merely because it makes more "sense" from some cold, rationalistic perspective? Is it not better to risk everything for the sake of what is right than to stand back and allow your ideals to be compromised for the sake of what is merely prudent?

I Killed GBS
Jun 2, 2011

by Lowtax

Eiba posted:

Oh, that makes sense. It's not that they're petty and don't care about evil things done to other people, they're just scared enough of anyone who'd do them that they'll smile and go along with it.

So god drat cute~ Makes me want to hug them and tell them everything will be alright.

Oh, they're definitely petty.

They get a positive reaction of something like "Heh, serves 'em right." if you use hostile actions to degrade the economy or public order of races they have sufficiently negative relations with. Hell, I think they even get that if you trash their environment or poison them, as long as you do the "slow, reversible" method!
See, unlike the Andor (love everyone) or the Skylaxians (GALACTIC JUSTICE), they don't really have any ideological opposition to you making GBS threads on people they hate. :v:

Gnoll
Nov 12, 2011

Eiba posted:

Also, I'm adding a new core principle of the Andorian Nice Guy Party:
We will dedicate ourselves to oppose the Revengeance party in any way we can! We believe that their revenge-obsessed aggression is exactly the opposite of the merciful foundation that our noble Federation needs!

Sounds good to me,

I join the Andorian Nice Guy Party.

TTBF
Sep 14, 2005

I'll join the Andorian Nice Guy Party for the smug sense of self-satisfaction.

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

Viscardus posted:

Is it not better to risk everything for the sake of what is right than to stand back and allow your ideals to be compromised for the sake of what is merely prudent?

Haha, no dude, it's better to stand back and allow someone else to risk everything for the sake of what is right. Then you can congratulate him if it works out and call for his execution if it fails spectacularly.

Why put your own neck on the line, if someone else is already rushing to volunteer his?

I Killed GBS
Jun 2, 2011

by Lowtax

Viscardus posted:

What use is sanity without honour? Would you stand with your enemy against your friend, merely because it makes more "sense" from some cold, rationalistic perspective? Is it not better to risk everything for the sake of what is right than to stand back and allow your ideals to be compromised for the sake of what is merely prudent?

So you're the pro-Skylaxian party, I presume? :v:

Rogue0071
Dec 8, 2009

Grey Hunter's next target.

Eiba posted:

Because part of their platform is Genocide against the Acutians and Evucks. (That's how I'm reading it, at least.)

I mean, I'm all for Peltians and every adorable thing they stand for, but eternal war with the Acutians and Evucks is a bit much for the party platform at least.

Glad to have you aboard!

Our position towards the Evucks isn't "genocide", but opposition; mostly preventing them from getting too powerful or being too friendly to them.

gently caress the Acutians, though.

Mad Wack
Mar 27, 2008

"The faster you use your cooldowns, the faster you can use them again"
I am a lazy rear end in a top hat and typing this was already Too Much Effort.

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

Mad Wack posted:

I am a lazy rear end in a top hat and typing this was already Too Much Effort.

Welcome aboard! I agree, this is kind of a pain in the rear end. You can find the chips and beer yourself.

unwantedplatypus
Sep 6, 2012
I see the waagh! party is not getting as many votes as I would like. Perhaps it is time for a restructuring.

I abolish the waagh party in its place, I present

The Solis Infernus Party

We seek nothing more than a little chaos. For an orderly universe is a boring universe. What is life without death? Struggle without triumph? A vote here, a favor there, and watch as the house of cards gracefully collapses.

We will not simply vote for the "evil option". Chaos is a very fine line. A balance of powers. Too much and the fire runs out of fuel. Too little and you have no fire. In fact, we will not vote on most issues. We will put our votes where they will make a difference.

Our only end goal is to dance to the tune of the Emperor's fiddle.

unwantedplatypus fucked around with this message at 06:02 on Jul 15, 2014

Wiz
May 16, 2004

Nap Ghost
Current Parties

Communist Intersolar
Solidarity and support for the Peltians, strongly opposed to Acutian capitalism and opposed to Evuck expansion.

Leader: Rogue0071
Members: Gorgo Primus, Glenn Zimmerman, paragon1, Night10194, GSD, Frionnel

Tryhards United
A pack of doomed bastards attempting to make reasonable, rational political decisions in the face of the howling Goonmind - and possibly, their own well-meaning incompetence.

Leader: Daeren
Members: Rubix Squad, Shieldhill, StrifeHira

ANCAP
New markets, new products, and an infinite revenue stream!

Leader: Lord Cyrahzax
Members: Kytrarewn, BBJoey, Zikan

Owls on Drugs Party
Promote peaces, love, agriculture, and :420: across the solar system. We will work to promote prosperity in every race, not just the ones who can easily get high as gently caress.

Leader: Pittsburg Lambic
Members: Anticheese, warhammer651, Arglebargle III, Kavak, GoatLord

Unity Action Front
A strong, diverse Federation of species, all united against the true foe of the free peoples of this system, the Acutians and the Evucks.

Leader: Jimmy4400nav
Members: JT Jag, Gnooble

Hydra Party
We stand for gently caress weakling space-owls. Hydrals rule supreme! We should always aggrandize ourselves and never, ever, ever apologize. For anything.

Leader: Dibujante
Members: the JJ, Sky Shadowing, WeaponGradeSadness

Revengeance Party
Honour, Justice, Revengeance

Leader: Viscardus
Members: Blackunknown, A RICH WHITE MAN, sniper4625, Samolety

Andorian Nice Guy Party
Our goals are to promote the welfare of all intelligent beings.

Leader: Eiba
Members: thsgrn, Gnoll, TTBF, SlothfulCobra

Lazy Assholes Party
The Lazy Assholes are here to participate, occasionally, when we feel like it. Mostly though we don't give a gently caress. Do whatever, it'll probably work out!

Leader: Leperflesh
Members: HBar, Mad Wack

Parties Under Formation
(These parties need at least two members to join them to be properly registered)

Solis Infernus Party
We seek nothing more than a little chaos.

Leader: unwantedplatypus
Members: None (needs 2 more)

Positronic Persons Popular Party
We are pro-robot life and not so much anti-meatbag as annoyed to tolerant at best. Our ultimate goal is an Acutian-Andor alliance kickstarting the Federation.

Leader: ibntumart

Order of Cassandra
We believe that sound planning and foresight is key to the ultimate goal of federation.

Leader: Tomn

Wiz fucked around with this message at 05:30 on Jul 15, 2014

Viscardus
Jun 1, 2011

Thus equipped by fortune, physique, and character, he was naturally indomitable, and subordinate to no one in the world.

Eiba posted:

Also, I'm adding a new core principle of the Andorian Nice Guy Party:
We will dedicate ourselves to oppose the Revengeance party in any way we can! We believe that their revenge-obsessed aggression is exactly the opposite of the merciful foundation that our noble Federation needs!

I think you misunderstand the purpose of our party. Our name may inflame your weak-hearted sensibilities, but our true purpose is more akin to justice than revenge. The Evucks and Acutians are guilty of genocide. What would you suggest their punishment be? We are not beyond the possibility that they could somehow redeem themselves and atone for their sins, but I can see no realistic possibility of such a thing occurring.

Is it just our position opposing friendship with genocides that you oppose, or are you also against the very ideas of honour and justice for which we stand? Will you readily desert a steadfast ally to stand behind an unpunished enemy if it gets you closer to your goals? If the answer is no, then we have more in common than you seem to think.

Small Frozen Thing posted:

So you're the pro-Skylaxian party, I presume? :v:

The Skylaxians have done us no wrong, and as yet seem like a truly honourable race. We hope to recruit them toward our purposes as quickly as possible.

Furthermor, I consider that the Evucks and Acutians must be destroyed.

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

OK sweet, the Lazy rear end in a top hat Party is official! Anyone else wants to join please just put your name down on this list, I gotta go, there's some good TV programs on.

SlothfulCobra
Mar 27, 2011

I guess I'll join the Andorian Nice Guy party. That's the way I always play these sorts of games anyways. I can never bring myself to pull the trigger, so I'll stick with these guys unless some awesome rhetoric or a Star Control themed party changes my mind.

Space populists would probably believe in self-determination or something like that.

StrifeHira
Nov 7, 2012

I'll remind you that I have a very large stick.

Viscardus posted:

Sanity means we won't lose ALL the planets in the solar system. That's enough for me. :v:

Lord Cyrahzax
Oct 11, 2012

Viscardus posted:

I think you misunderstand the purpose of our party. Our name may inflame your weak-hearted sensibilities, but our true purpose is more akin to justice than revenge. The Evucks and Acutians are guilty of genocide. What would you suggest their punishment be? We are not beyond the possibility that they could somehow redeem themselves and atone for their sins, but I can see no realistic possibility of such a thing occurring.

Is it just our position opposing friendship with genocides that you oppose, or are you also against the very ideas of honour and justice for which we stand? Will you readily desert a steadfast ally to stand behind an unpunished enemy if it gets you closer to your goals? If the answer is no, then we have more in common than you seem to think.

The Skylaxians have done us no wrong, and as yet seem like a truly honourable race. We hope to recruit them toward our purposes as quickly as possible.

Furthermor, I consider that the Evucks and Acutians must be destroyed.

Listen to this! Genocide? Justice? Where's the profit in that? I have a suggestion: we Acutians have lots of money, and we can make lots more, if only we were prioritized for Federation membership. So, a fine for genocide, maybe a little extra tax? I mean, it's not even really genocide if one is left. So, a specified amount for every Hydral, to be put toward some new tech. Sounds reasonable, right?

Tomn
Aug 23, 2007

And the angel said unto him
"Stop hitting yourself. Stop hitting yourself."
But lo he could not. For the angel was hitting him with his own hands
I am hereby forming the Order of Cassandra.

Measure twice, cut once - that's our motto. We believe that sound planning and foresight is key to the ultimate goal of federation, whichever path we take to get there. Where other parties strive to push forward agendas, our only concern is determining the long-term effects of the actions they push forth, and whether they serve the purpose of federation or not. We take no permanent sides, form no permanent alliances, and frankly won't be passing that much legislation - our primary concern will be trying to work out whether the proposals on the table have any hidden effects, positive or negative, that aren't immediately obvious. We are analysts, more than legislators. We try to think of the world being made tomorrow, not the arguments made today.

Perceptive readers may have determined that we expect to be ignored most of the time.

It must also be stated that this party is unlikely to be very active in the early days, when we haven't enough information to make any meaningful analyses. We expect things to pick up later once we've got a better handle on how the game works and what is actually going on.

Join the most boring, thin-blooded political party that's barely a party today!

Punished Chuck
Dec 27, 2010

I would like to join the Hydra Party. Hail Hydra!

JT Jag
Aug 30, 2009

#1 Jaguars Sunk Cost Fallacy-Haver

Lord Cyrahzax posted:

Listen to this! Genocide? Justice? Where's the profit in that? I have a suggestion: we Acutians have lots of money, and we can make lots more, if only we were prioritized for Federation membership. So, a fine for genocide, maybe a little extra tax? I mean, it's not even really genocide if one is left. So, a specified amount for every Hydral, to be put toward some new tech. Sounds reasonable, right?

Of course your petty, greedy little race does not understand the purpose of justice. The need for vengeance. The Evucks killed most of the Hydral race and your kind destroyed our homeworld, and now you dare to try and cozy up with us because you seek a profit?

You deserve what is coming to you.

Lord Cyrahzax
Oct 11, 2012

JT Jag posted:

Of course your petty, greedy little race does not understand the purpose of justice. The need for vengeance. The Evucks killed most of the Hydral race and your kind destroyed our homeworld, and now you dare to try and cozy up with us because you seek a profit?

You deserve what is coming to you.

I'm afraid this overbearing...passion(?) is what saw your race effectively destroyed in the first place. Really, shooting down every attempt at spaceflight?! How much did that cost? All we wanted was to set up a business arrangement. You could have used economics to control the galaxy, dominated all races with distracting and cheap inventions. Lived in underwater dragon palaces! But, you chose the expensive way. I can't allow the same mistake to be committed twice.

Wiz
May 16, 2004

Nap Ghost
Going to get some sleep, will update current parties when I wake up (if someone wants to keep it up to date in the meanwhile I wouldn't mind).

Samolety
Jan 27, 2008

I have returned from negotiations with Comrade Ignatov and have found him to be quite agreeable.
I believe it is peace in our time.

Viscardus posted:

You fools! The Hydra Party is not even led by a real Hydral, nor does it advocate true Hydral ideals! What is the most important Hydral ideal? Screwing over space owls? No! It is nothing less than swift, merciless retribution! Join me, the Rightmost Head of the Hydral, in my new Revengeance Party.

(Placeholder Logo)

I'm all over joining this.

As my membership dues, here is a completely amazing non-placeholder logo (if you care to use it, of course.)

Frionnel
May 7, 2010

Friends are what make testing worth it.
I would have joined one of the inevitable reactionary parties but this sweet icon made me reconsider:

Communists it is!

ZiegeDame
Aug 21, 2005

YUKIMURAAAA!
Hmmm, I find myself pretty torn here. On the one hand, I am a lazy rear end in a top hat, but I just can't argue with Owls on Drugs.

sniper4625
Sep 26, 2009

Loyal to the hEnd
Current Parties

Communist Intersolar
Solidarity and support for the Peltians, strongly opposed to Acutian capitalism and opposed to Evuck expansion.

Leader: Rogue0071
Members: Gorgo Primus, Glenn Zimmerman, paragon1, Night10194, GSD, Frionnel

Tryhards United
A pack of doomed bastards attempting to make reasonable, rational political decisions in the face of the howling Goonmind - and possibly, their own well-meaning incompetence.

Leader: Daeren
Members: Rubix Squad, Shieldhill, StrifeHira

ANCAP
New markets, new products, and an infinite revenue stream!

Leader: Lord Cyrahzax
Members: Kytrarewn, BBJoey, Zikan, occipitallobe

Owls on Drugs Party
Promote peaces, love, agriculture, and :420: across the solar system. We will work to promote prosperity in every race, not just the ones who can easily get high as gently caress.

Leader: Pittsburg Lambic
Members: Anticheese, warhammer651, Arglebargle III, Kavak, GoatLord

Unity Action Front
A strong, diverse Federation of species, all united against the true foe of the free peoples of this system, the Acutians and the Evucks.

Leader: Jimmy4400nav
Members: JT Jag, Gnooble

Hydra Party
We stand for gently caress weakling space-owls. Hydrals rule supreme! We should always aggrandize ourselves and never, ever, ever apologize. For anything.

Leader: Dibujante
Members: the JJ, Sky Shadowing, WeaponGradeSadness

Revengeance Party

Leader: Viscardus
Members: Blackunknown, A RICH WHITE MAN, sniper4625, Samolety

Andorian Nice Guy Party
Our goals are to promote the welfare of all intelligent beings.

Leader: Eiba
Members: thsgrn, Gnoll, TTBF, SlothfulCobra

Lazy Assholes Party
The Lazy Assholes are here to participate, occasionally, when we feel like it. Mostly though we don't give a gently caress. Do whatever, it'll probably work out!

Leader: Leperflesh
Members: HBar, Mad Wack, Xtanstic

Parties Under Formation
(These parties need at least two members to join them to be properly registered)

Solis Infernus Party
We seek nothing more than a little chaos.

Leader: unwantedplatypus

Positronic Persons Popular Party
We are pro-robot life and not so much anti-meatbag as annoyed to tolerant at best. Our ultimate goal is an Acutian-Andor alliance kickstarting the Federation.

Leader: ibntumart

Order of Cassandra
We believe that sound planning and foresight is key to the ultimate goal of federation.

Leader: Tomn
Members: General Antares

sniper4625 fucked around with this message at 05:52 on Jul 15, 2014

Xtanstic
Nov 23, 2007

Sign me up for Lazy Assholes Party

Gorgo Primus
Mar 29, 2009

We shall forge the most progressive republic ever known to man!

Frionnel posted:

I would have joined one of the inevitable reactionary parties but this sweet icon made me reconsider:

Communists it is!

Glad my icon has helped show you the light. Welcome aboard comrade!

occipitallobe
Jul 16, 2012

New revenue streams for the revenue god! Time to join ANCAP!

General Antares
Sep 5, 2011

There be corundium up in them thar asteroids!!!
I'll join the Order of Cassandra. Knowledge is power!

Viscardus
Jun 1, 2011

Samolety posted:

I'm all over joining this.

As my membership dues, here is a completely amazing non-placeholder logo (if you care to use it, of course.)

Man, that is definitely tempting. Once party membership has stabilized we can take a vote on it.

Frionnel posted:

Communists it is!

You appear to have skipped over my party's logo. Or gone blind.

the JJ
Mar 31, 2011
Caveat to my member ship in Hydra party:

I'm easily confused, so any proposal involving terraforming will probably get my vote in the name of Hail Hydration!

Frionnel
May 7, 2010

Friends are what make testing worth it.

Viscardus posted:

Man, that is definitely tempting. Once party membership has stabilized we can take a vote on it.

You appear to have skipped over my party's logo. Or gone blind.

Sorry but i didn't get to play Revengance yet, your icon does nothing :smuggo:

Samolety
Jan 27, 2008

I have returned from negotiations with Comrade Ignatov and have found him to be quite agreeable.
I believe it is peace in our time.
I realized that my previous logo suggestion was missing something.

There, now it is complete.
...Okay, I'll stop.

Broken Mind
Jan 27, 2009
I will sign on with my comrades in the Communist Intersolar. Glorious will it be when the First Intersolar finally happens.

Tomn
Aug 23, 2007

And the angel said unto him
"Stop hitting yourself. Stop hitting yourself."
But lo he could not. For the angel was hitting him with his own hands
Judging from the party memberships so far, it looks like our Federation will be formed on a basis of doting over the Peltians and making GBS threads all over the Evucks. A reasonable platform.

Syless
Feb 23, 2013

I, for one, support our multiheaded dragon overlord!
Definitely joining the Order of Cassandra.

Dibujante
Jul 27, 2004

Neruz posted:

This is how real tyrants happen, people :v:

We can only hope. Hail Hydra!

the JJ posted:

Caveat to my member ship in Hydra party:

I'm easily confused, so any proposal involving terraforming will probably get my vote in the name of Hail Hydration!
As long as it happens to perfidious Evucks, to the tune of massive sea level gain. I hereby add the following to our platform: Payback is a bitch!

Thanqol
Feb 15, 2012

because our character has the 'poet' trait, this update shall be told in the format of a rap battle.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dibujante
Jul 27, 2004

Oh, we are going to have problems! Also never stop.

• Locked thread