Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Detroit_Dogg
Feb 2, 2008
Aaron Rodgers is gay and lame and oh please cum in me Aaron PLEASE I NEED IT OH STAFFORD YOUR COCK IS NOT WORTHY ONLY THE GAYEST RODGERS PRICK CAN SATISFY MY DESPERATE THROAT
He has a press conference today, so expect lots of PLEASE FOR THE LOVE OF GOD PAY ATTENTION TO ME

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sweet thursday
Sep 16, 2012

Dear Diary,
it's been 3 weeks since a google search has turned up any new results

No Irish Need Imply
Nov 30, 2008

Rasczak
Mar 30, 2005

Detroit_Dogg posted:

He has a press conference today, so expect lots of PLEASE FOR THE LOVE OF GOD PAY ATTENTION TO ME

Probably more like PLEASE FOR THE LOVE OF GOD PAY ATTENTION TO ME YOU COCKGOBBLING FUCKNUGGETS

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

They're not obligated to release the findings at all but it would make Kluwe shut up if they did and there was nothing to report

I dunno

I mean he would gripe for a day about them lying but it would be dead then, now we have to hear about this for longer

gohuskies
Oct 23, 2010

I spend a lot of time making posts to justify why I'm not a self centered shithead that just wants to act like COVID isn't a thing.
Chris Kluwe plans to sue the Minnesota Vikings

quote:

The results of the independent investigation into former NFL punter Chris Kluwe's wrongful termination allegations against the Minnesota Vikings are in … and we have no idea what they are. Because of this, Kluwe has decided to sue the Vikings.

In a Tuesday press conference, Kluwe claimed that the Vikings have received the report from investigators but are refusing to share it with him or the public, breaking a promise Kluwe claims the team made to him. Reports indicate that the findings are favorable toward Kluwe, which could be one reason the team is refusing to make the findings public.

In early January, Deadspin published an open letter from Kluwe in which he alleged the Vikings released him in May of 2013 as a direct response to his gay rights activism during the 2012 season. The following day, the Vikings announced that they had hired Former Chief Justice of the Minnesota Supreme Court Eric Magnuson and former U.S. Department of Justice Trial Attorney Chris Madel to lead an investigation into the allegations.

The Vikings released a statement on Tuesday afternoon denying the claims and stated that the report is being evaluated by the Littler Mendelson P.C law firm to provide counsel to the team:

After the Vikings were given the investigative materials from Magnuson and Madel, in order to further maintain objectivity and integrity, the team engaged a nationally-prominent law firm - Littler Mendelson P.C. - to evaluate employment law matters and provide findings and recommendations to the Vikings. Those recommendations are to be provided to the team this week.
Kluwe stated that his attorney will meet with the Vikings on Thursday, and that he will consider dropping the suit if the team releases the report to the public. Kluwe's attorney stated that the two sides were near a settlement and confirmed that one of the more prominent allegations has been corroborated by the report.

Samadhi
May 13, 2001

On one hand Kluwe is insufferable, on the other gently caress the Vikings

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

For as much as I find Kluwe's writing and persona awful and all, I really enjoy that he's doing this.

v2vian man
Sep 1, 2007

Only question I
ever thought was hard
was do I like Kirk
or do I like Picard?
they just want to make sure that legally they can fire that guy

Samadhi
May 13, 2001

Kalli posted:

For as much as I find Kluwe's writing and persona awful and all, I really enjoy that he's doing this.

Yeah this is pretty much exactly where I am at. It's like if Deep Throat peppered the Nixon revelations with My Little Pony fanfic

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

It's one of those things where he doesn't have to go the lengths he is for this (could have just filed suit, didn't need the press conference attention/hype), but the Vikings clearly found something horrible (otherwise they would've just shown him the findings because who gives a poo poo).

If the result of this means he gets what he wants, the Vikings are embarrassed, somebody's fired, and then for the most part I never have to hear Chris Kluwe nationally again, this will be a good thing. Not holding my breath though.

Mister Fister
May 17, 2008

D&D: HASBARA SQUAD
KILL-GORE

I love the smell of dead Palestinians in the morning.
You know, one time we had Gaza bombed for 26 days
(and counting!)
I think i might try to go to my first NFL game and i'm targeting the Patriots @ Jets at the Meadowlands in December. Looks like all the good non-season ticket seats were sold out and only resale seats are available. Should i buy those seats for resale now or wait later for a better deal? Or is now the cheapest they're going to be?

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

You'll most likely be able to get tickets a bit cheaper later at some point, unless both teams are decent and it's a game with huge playoff implications. But lots of things could knock the price down if you want to wait and prices aren't that likely to shoot up (choice may suffer though).

Mister Fister
May 17, 2008

D&D: HASBARA SQUAD
KILL-GORE

I love the smell of dead Palestinians in the morning.
You know, one time we had Gaza bombed for 26 days
(and counting!)

Kalli posted:

You'll most likely be able to get tickets a bit cheaper later at some point, unless both teams are decent and it's a game with huge playoff implications. But lots of things could knock the price down if you want to wait and prices aren't that likely to shoot up (choice may suffer though).

Hmmm, given it's a December game, it could be a big playoff game for a wildcard spot or something. Guess i'll just keep my eyes peeled on prices for the next few months. Thanks.

Blitz of 404 Error
Sep 19, 2007

Joe Biden is a top 15 president
Greg Hardy, Jason Worilds, and Brian Orakpo only have 2 more hours to sign a contract or they will be playing under the franchise/transition tag in 2014

None of them will sign :ssh:

davecrazy
Nov 25, 2004

I'm an insufferable shitposter who does not deserve to root for such a good team. Also, this is what Matt Harvey thinks of me and my garbage posting.

Mister Fister posted:

I think i might try to go to my first NFL game and i'm targeting the Patriots @ Jets at the Meadowlands in December. Looks like all the good non-season ticket seats were sold out and only resale seats are available. Should i buy those seats for resale now or wait later for a better deal? Or is now the cheapest they're going to be?

Just wait, you'll find good seats for cheap.

Brannock
Feb 9, 2006

by exmarx
Fallen Rib
The Packers want to run 75 offensive plays a game this season.

Are you ready for some broken records?

Noah
May 31, 2011

Come at me baby bitch

Brannock posted:

Is that because their defense is gonna get the offense right back on the field?

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

Every offense plans on being faster and more explosive this season.

Every defense plans on being more aggressive and attacking the ball this season.

Every team will actually run inside hand offs up three with 12 minutes to go in the 4th, then punt on 4th and a short 2 at midfield.

Samadhi
May 13, 2001

Kalli posted:

Every defense plans on being more aggressive and attacking the ball this season.

Every team will actually run inside hand offs up three with 12 minutes to go in the 4th, then punt on 4th and a short 2 at midfield.

So it is written

superaielman
Mar 16, 2006

You can't harm me. Are you a fucking ass? Do you not know who I am? He must not know who I am.

Brannock posted:

I'd be happy with 'FS able to tackle' and 'half of the team not injured by week 8' myself. Odds are the Packers offense is going to be amazingly explosive even with the issues at TE thanks to Lacy being so good, it's the goddamn defense I'm worried about.

waah
Jun 20, 2011

Better stay in line when
You see a Pavel like me shinin

Blitz7x posted:

Greg Hardy, Jason Worilds, and Brian Orakpo only have 2 more hours to sign a contract or they will be playing under the franchise/transition tag in 2014

None of them will sign :ssh:

Yeah, Gettleman is gonna gamble. That man is evil and cold, but god drat can be do some magic with a salary cap.

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

waah posted:

Yeah, Gettleman is gonna gamble. That man is evil and cold, but god drat can be do some magic with a salary cap.

I think they'd try to resign him if Johnson wasn't eating up a bunch of cap too. Johnson isn't as flashy but he's probably a more effective player overall, and I think they feel they can stick another edge rusher on there next year.

Of course that's assuming Johnson is still effective heading into 2014, and they don't try to restructure him. But they have tons of bodies at DE.

Detroit_Dogg
Feb 2, 2008
Aaron Rodgers is gay and lame and oh please cum in me Aaron PLEASE I NEED IT OH STAFFORD YOUR COCK IS NOT WORTHY ONLY THE GAYEST RODGERS PRICK CAN SATISFY MY DESPERATE THROAT
Minnesota Vikings sue Chris Kluwe for being a lovely over the hill punter. The case makes it's way to the Minnesota supreme court where justice Alan Page led the charge in finding Kluwe guilty and thus wrote "Fucks sake man what good is a long punt if there's no hangtime?". Kluwe sentenced to "just go away, please".

BigBallChunkyTime
Nov 25, 2011

Kyle Schwarber: World Series hero, Beefy Lad, better than you.

Illegal Hen

Detroit_Dogg posted:

Not a criticism, but an honest question for you and everyone else who feels this way:

Did you feel the same way about players like Terell Owens or Chad Johnson (I refuse to call him Ochocinco) with their conduct on and off the field? You know, the popcorn touchdown celebrations, the sharpie in the sock, changing the name to match the uniform number... that doesn't scream "PAY ATTENTION TO MEEEEE" to you? I'm not saying you did or didn't feel this way... I just want to know if you think there is a difference between Kluwe and the examples I listed.

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo

superaielman posted:

'half of the team not injured by week 8' myself.

I'll be happy if they make it to the regular season

Dirt Worshipper
Apr 2, 2007

Paralithodes Californiensis

Kalli posted:

The 49ers will be looking at breaking their previous record for delay of game penalties.

Detroit_Dogg
Feb 2, 2008

Retail Slave posted:

Not a criticism, but an honest question for you and everyone else who feels this way:

Did you feel the same way about players like Terell Owens or Chad Johnson (I refuse to call him Ochocinco) with their conduct on and off the field? You know, the popcorn touchdown celebrations, the sharpie in the sock, changing the name to match the uniform number... that doesn't scream "PAY ATTENTION TO MEEEEE" to you? I'm not saying you did or didn't feel this way... I just want to know if you think there is a difference between Kluwe and the examples I listed.

I don't think these things are even remotely comparable, like on any level. Ever.

Volkerball
Oct 15, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

Detroit_Dogg posted:

I don't think these things are even remotely comparable, like on any level. Ever.

It did get pretty stupid for a while there though. Guys were just trying to get on sportscenter.

Detroit_Dogg
Feb 2, 2008
Popcorn celebration was awesome, using the pylon as a prop was awesome, do whatever you want you just scored a touchdown.

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010

Retail Slave posted:

Those guys aren't trying to draw attention to themselves under the guise of helping a marginalized group.

A Man and his dog
Oct 24, 2013

by R. Guyovich
The NFC West is going to dominate the East this season and I'm going to laugh

Douche4Sale
May 8, 2003

...and then God said, "Let there be douche!"

Retail Slave posted:

For me it is that they treated football for what it was: fun entertainment. Both TO and 85 are narcissistic, but at the end of the day, they were entertaining personalities who provided chuckles. They were also "stars" on the field, so it made sense that their antics would receive attention. Everyone was watching TO and he used that opportunity to "perform". While I may not have laughed at or even been entertained by everything they did, and there were many times were 85 took things to absurd levels, they were still entertaining.

Kluwe tries to portray himself as some sort of social justice champion on the level of MLK, which he is obviously not. More than that, I never even heard of Kluwe until he started in with his "humorous" letters and internet ramblings that for some reason received media attention. Nobody was watching Kluwe, so he starting sending letters to congress people filled with bad words and monkey cheese banana humor to "perform". His schtick isn't entertaining, it's just annoying.

Detroit_Dogg
Feb 2, 2008

Henchman of Santa posted:

Those guys aren't trying to draw attention to themselves under the guise of helping a marginalized group.

Also they were pretty obvious in their intentions, "I love me some me". Imagine if TO caught a rad loving touchdown from Jeff Garcia, did a touchdown dance, got fined, then claimed the only reason he got fined was because of his support of noted gay teammate Jeff Garcia.

A Man and his dog
Oct 24, 2013

by R. Guyovich
Let's turn left thread.

Detroit_Dogg
Feb 2, 2008
I got to make a Jeff Garcia gay reference in the year 2014, I'm pretty content with life.

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

Kluwe's support is filed under the same category as websites talking about social issues for clickbait purposes (while the exposure is good for the issues the ulterior motive is ad traffic/self-promotion/going viral). So it would be more like if Terrell Owens caught a touchdown and then put on a GoDaddy.com shirt.

Actually though that did happen, players got in trouble with the NFL because they were doing the Captain Morgan pose because they were, I think, paid to do it.

But NFL players do celebrations at financial risk whereas Kluwe financially benefits from lots of traffic and attention. Like selling his lovely as gently caress book.

The 7th Guest fucked around with this message at 20:33 on Jul 15, 2014

v2vian man
Sep 1, 2007

Only question I
ever thought was hard
was do I like Kirk
or do I like Picard?
I don't think kluwe is as much about self-promotion as you guys think but i think he realizes it's important to "keep the conversation going" around gay rights in sports and he does not know how to do that very well

v2vian man
Sep 1, 2007

Only question I
ever thought was hard
was do I like Kirk
or do I like Picard?
oh yeah he's definitely making bank off those visits to his website, buzzfeed.noheisnt

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

Do you really want me to start reading from his lovely book again

I WILL loving TURN THIS THREAD AROUND RIGHT NOW, no ice cream

• Locked thread