Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Nitramster
Mar 10, 2006
THERE'S NO TIME!!!
The staggering of codes is fully planned, it's the crashing of the site after every few people get through.

Edit: also hurray error E-82000002 after punching said code into system

Edit2: update: now error E-8200001F7 - Service is undergoing maintenance.

Nitramster fucked around with this message at 18:06 on Jul 17, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Trash Trick
Apr 17, 2014

Got mine :D

Housh
Jul 9, 2001

Got my code. Just go to your profile page and click codes.

Ghosts n Gopniks
Nov 2, 2004

Imagine how much more sad and lonely we would be if not for the hard work of lowtax. Here's $12.95 to his aid.
After GTA Online got up on its feet and Destiny had been presented, Bungie came out and stated it as an example of why they wanted the most testing they could get, Kutaragi-like talks of millions of testers pushing their systems.

PSN Store (Scandinavia) seems under maintenance again.

Karl Ontario
Jan 1, 2006

Maybe if I'm part of that mob, I can help steer it in wise directions.
Does anyone happen to have a link to the Beta download on the Playstation website? I want to begin the download from work, but I can't seem to find what I'm looking for.

Trash Trick
Apr 17, 2014

Motherfucker, went to redeem it on the ps4 and after I entered the code "The service is currently undergoing maintenance" popup when I hit download on the beta.

damastas
Oct 15, 2012

Karl Ontario posted:

Does anyone happen to have a link to the Beta download on the Playstation website? I want to begin the download from work, but I can't seem to find what I'm looking for.

https://store.sonyentertainmentnetw...laystation-plus

My two extra codes are up for grabs to the first two to PM me.

EDIT: Codes gone

damastas fucked around with this message at 18:10 on Jul 17, 2014

Nitramster
Mar 10, 2006
THERE'S NO TIME!!!

Karl Ontario posted:

Posted 2 times on the last page, but don't worry, it's down anyway.

a foolish pianist
May 6, 2007

(bi)cyclic mutation

Got my codes, but PSN seems to be on fire.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Quite miraculous how in the year 2014, the concept of staggered release for things like access codes and starting downloads of clients and similar things is still foreign.

Donovan Trip
Jan 6, 2007
I got really lucky and slipped through, and it's downloading. Hopefully we'll be playing tonight. :)

Silver Striker
May 22, 2013

I also have two PS4 Americas codes up for grabs. PM me if you're interested.

EDIT: My codes are gone now. If you're still looking for one, good luck!

Silver Striker fucked around with this message at 18:27 on Jul 17, 2014

neetengie
Jul 17, 2013

Shittiest taste in anime and video games.

Karl Ontario posted:

gently caress you got mine.
here

G-Prime and RagnarokAngel, I sent you two my spare codes. Enjoy.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

a foolish pianist posted:

Got my codes, but PSN seems to be on fire.

Yeah, I preordered through PSN but can't even add it to cart.

The part that checks account permissions is probably melted.

Dunderhead
Dec 31, 2003
Airdisc^2
Man, between monitoring all this crap and being rattled by the Malaysian plane being shot down, gah... Does Russia want a war?

Karl Ontario
Jan 1, 2006

damastas posted:

https://store.sonyentertainmentnetw...laystation-plus

My two extra codes are up for grabs to the first two to PM me.

poo poo, I preordered through Amazon and not PSN so it's telling me I can't download it. Anyone else have this issue and know of a workaround?

Trash Trick
Apr 17, 2014

Finally got through to download on the ps4 after the 5th entry of my code. Just keep mashin it!!

Says "ready in 2 minutes" that can't be right.

Captain Matchbox
Sep 22, 2008

BOP THE STOATS
getting an error trying to plug dat code into psn

A 50S RAYGUN
Aug 22, 2011
Downloading almost 60 percent done come on PSN unfuck yourself.

Trash Trick
Apr 17, 2014

Karl Ontario posted:

poo poo, I preordered through Amazon and not PSN so it's telling me I can't download it. Anyone else have this issue and know of a workaround?

You should have received a beta code in your email to enter into the destiny site. Doing this unlocks 3 download codes for you.

Professor Beetus
Apr 12, 2007

They can fight us
But they'll never Beetus

Dunderhead posted:

Man, between monitoring all this crap and being rattled by the Malaysian plane being shot down, gah... Does Russia want a war?

Well when the Fallen and the Hive come bearing down on the Cosmodrome they're getting a loving war.

StoicRomance
Jan 3, 2013

I have my code, but received no addition codes. Off to a good start!

Trash Trick
Apr 17, 2014

Wtf I'm playing the beta already that took literally 2 minutes after I got it to go through

Karl Ontario
Jan 1, 2006

a cop posted:

You should have received a beta code in your email to enter into the destiny site. Doing this unlocks 3 download codes for you.

No, I've done that and I have my beta codes, but trying to start the download online it tells me I can't since I didn't preorder.

Interstellar Owl
Nov 3, 2010

"The universe seems neither benign nor hostile, merely owl like."

a cop posted:

Motherfucker, went to redeem it on the ps4 and after I entered the code "The service is currently undergoing maintenance" popup when I hit download on the beta.

Good time for the maintenance to be enabled.

Ron Mexico
Dec 31, 2004

Aurain posted:

Quite miraculous how in the year 2014, the concept of staggered release for things like access codes and starting downloads of clients and similar things is still foreign.

I'd say Sony is getting some useful numbers out of this but we all know they won't learn a thing.

A 50S RAYGUN
Aug 22, 2011

a cop posted:

Wtf I'm playing the beta already that took literally 2 minutes after I got it to go through

Are you playing the game or did it say 'beta finished?' You'll have another 10 gigs left.

Trash Trick
Apr 17, 2014

Karl Ontario posted:

No, I've done that and I have my beta codes, but trying to start the download online it tells me I can't since I didn't preorder.

Oh drat, sorry, weird. After entering the code you should be able to just mash download on the following popups :(

Trash Trick
Apr 17, 2014

SUPER NEAT TOY posted:

Are you playing the game or did it say 'beta finished?' You'll have another 10 gigs left.

Lol I thought launching destiny meant I was playing but nope, "Transferring Game Content 0.31/10.97GB". drat.

Ghosts n Gopniks
Nov 2, 2004

Imagine how much more sad and lonely we would be if not for the hard work of lowtax. Here's $12.95 to his aid.
Confirming PSN pre-orders are just about waiting until your account gets flagged and ready. I'll update the thread bit by bit as time goes on, now it's time to have a good session.

Professor Beetus
Apr 12, 2007

They can fight us
But they'll never Beetus
I have three codes (US) to give away if anyone needs them. PM me or post your email in the PGS thread.

NotALizardman
Jun 5, 2011

Hahaha holy poo poo this is harrowing. C'mon Sony I just want to shoot mans.

BitBasher
Jun 6, 2004

You've got to know the rules before you can break 'em. Otherwise, it's no fun.

I have no button to access my profile on my android phone on Bungies website.

Kloaked00
Jun 21, 2005

I was sitting in my office on that drizzly afternoon listening to the monotonous staccato of rain on my desk and reading my name on the glass of my office door: regnaD kciN

SEN store getting slammed. Can't connect to input my code :(

Shirkelton
Apr 6, 2009

I'm not loyal to anything, General... except the dream.
The intro's pretty cool. I like the pseudo-futuristic M4 variant thing.

Captain Matchbox
Sep 22, 2008

BOP THE STOATS
if youre on PS3 try redeeming the code through the PS3 menu option rather than inside the PSN store, got mine downloading now doing that

CortezFantastic
Aug 10, 2003

I SEE DEMONS
Downloading. See you guys in 10 hours apparently since lol psn

Macrame_God
Sep 1, 2005

The stairs lead down in both directions.

Finally got my codes, but not the PS Store won't load. Why do game companies wait until the last minute to do this stuff? Surely they must have known it would be like this.

a foolish pianist
May 6, 2007

(bi)cyclic mutation

Macrame_God posted:

Finally got my codes, but not the PS Store won't load. Why do game companies wait until the last minute to do this stuff? Surely they must have known it would be like this.

I think Sony runs their PSN authentication on some old 386 in the closet that no one's touched in years.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

Macrame_God posted:

I think thats part of the point?

Probably a useless viewpoint, but my download is going and steaming along pretty fast, is it just the US thats having issues? (UK here).

• Locked thread