Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
TraderStav
May 19, 2006

It feels like I was standing my entire life and I just sat down

leidend posted:

I'm finding that jacking the latest flagship wallpapers takes away a lot of desire to waste my money on a phone that really isn't much better. Too bad the new g3 one is too bright to be practical.

I also loving love icons

edit: is it just me or that image really bad quality? I don't remember imgur doing that before.

Pfft. CFLs are for scrubs. LEDs are the new hotness.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

noirstronaut
Aug 10, 2012

by Cowcaster
Chillin

Golbez
Oct 9, 2002

1 2 3!
If you want to take a shot at me get in line, line
1 2 3!
Baby, I've had all my shots and I'm fine

LastInLine posted:

Swap the Timely widget for DashClock. DashClock is half useless to you on an S5, but it will do that with the appropriate extensions.

I have DashClock for the dock screen, but as a widget, it's not the best for what I'm looking for. Also, I can't maintain different settings (so far as I can tell) for dock screen and widget, and I much prefer my weather to Dashclock's.

Speaking of useless things on an S5, is there any way to add lock screen stuff yet?

ThermoPhysical posted:

What background is that?

Sorry, should have said, but as you can see in the shot it was almost 4am. It's Liquid Light, I grabbed it just a few minutes before taking that shot.

UnfortunateSexFart
May 18, 2008

𒃻 𒌓𒁉𒋫 𒆷𒁀𒅅𒆷
𒆠𒂖 𒌉 𒌫 𒁮𒈠𒈾𒅗 𒂉 𒉡𒌒𒂉𒊑

TraderStav posted:

Pfft. CFLs are for scrubs. LEDs are the new hotness.

Sometimes you gotta go vintage on the icons bro. I don't have a land line headset either.

Also earbuds for life.

Maker Of Shoes
Sep 4, 2006

AWWWW YISSSSSSSSSS
DIS IS MAH JAM!!!!!!

What icon set is this?

squirrelzipper
Nov 2, 2011

effika posted:

I agree-- new thread time. Most of the early thread's images are broken now.

New phone, new look!

Using Nova Launcher.

Day of the week widget: Chevelle Modern skin for UCCW (to avoid the CLOCKS EVERYWHERE look)

Wallpaper: Wind Over Water 2 by Lubbo

Icons: Kitkat Icon Theme

Music: One of the stock text-only Poweramp widgets with the icons turned back on.

Just wanted to say thanks for the wallpaper link this is really nice.

noirstronaut
Aug 10, 2012

by Cowcaster

Maker Of Shoes posted:

What icon set is this?

Lucid Rounds [apex/nova]

f#a#
Sep 6, 2004

I can't promise it will live up to the hype, but I tried my best.
Spent some time organizing icons and using Zooper to create categories:

Yes, it took me a bit to make that nice rainbow dock, and now I'll probably never change icon packs again.

Wallpaper is Nexus Triangles LWP which I love. It's nice and smooth, and can change over time depending on your battery. Good times.

Werner-Boogle
Jan 23, 2009

f#a# posted:

Yes, it took me a bit to make that nice rainbow dock, and now I'll probably never change icon packs again.

Wallpaper is Nexus Triangles LWP which I love. It's nice and smooth, and can change over time depending on your battery. Good times.

Oh my this looks amazing. What is the Icon Pack? And what font did you use in Zooper if that isn't too much to ask?

I accidentally rebooted my Nexus 5 in Safe Mode today and it wrecked my setup so I might just completely steal yours.

EDIT: Also also what launcher is it? And how many rows/columms are there? I'm super bad at setting up stuff myself so what I'm basically asking is a full walkthrough! If you're uncomfortable with me snatching your look like this it's alright too.

Werner-Boogle fucked around with this message at 22:32 on Jun 4, 2014

f#a#
Sep 6, 2004

I can't promise it will live up to the hype, but I tried my best.

Werner-Boogle posted:

Oh my this looks amazing. What is the Icon Pack? And what font did you use in Zooper if that isn't too much to ask?

I accidentally rebooted my Nexus 5 in Safe Mode today and it wrecked my setup so I might just completely steal yours.

Icons are Nox, and the font is BebasNeue. Be wary that BebasNeue doesn't have any lowercase whatsoever.

EDIT: Oh yeah, sure. Using Nova Prime, set up a 6x9 grid, and add persistent search bar in the style of your choosing which will further offset the grid. Play around with your margins until the vertical and horizontal space between icons matches up (my desktop margins are medium width, no height). For the dock, set it to 7 icons or whatever, toggle on small icons, and toggle off the divider.

f#a# fucked around with this message at 22:38 on Jun 4, 2014

ClassActionFursuit
Mar 15, 2006

f#a# posted:

Whoops, nevermind. I like it.

greazeball
Feb 4, 2003

Werner-Boogle posted:

I'm super bad at setting up stuff myself so what I'm basically asking is a full walkthrough! If you're uncomfortable with me snatching your look like this it's alright too.

Have you checked out Themer? It's from mycolorscreen and while it's not perfect (no lockscreens), it's easy as hell to completely change your whole look and layout. I only installed it yesterday but I'll update if I have any problems with it.

Werner-Boogle
Jan 23, 2009

f#a# posted:

Icons are Nox, and the font is BebasNeue. Be wary that BebasNeue doesn't have any lowercase whatsoever.

EDIT: Oh yeah, sure. Using Nova Prime, set up a 6x9 grid, and add persistent search bar in the style of your choosing which will further offset the grid. Play around with your margins until the vertical and horizontal space between icons matches up (my desktop margins are medium width, no height). For the dock, set it to 7 icons or whatever, toggle on small icons, and toggle off the divider.

Thanks alot. I'm having a lot of trouble setting it up to look like yours. What phone do you have? Maybe it just has a bigger screen, because I can't have that many icons on my Nexus 5's screen and still have space left to the sides to fit the text without it being super cluttered.

I'll figure something out though. Thanks again for responding.

Daily Forecast
Dec 25, 2008

by R. Guyovich

Fairly proud of how this came out. I'm sure everyone and their dog knows what's being used in this screenshot but hey:

-Dashclock
-1Weather
-Tiny White icons
-Today Calendar
-PowerAmp

effika
Jun 19, 2005
Birds do not want you to know any more than you already do.

Daily Forecast posted:

Fairly proud of how this came out. I'm sure everyone and their dog knows what's being used in this screenshot but hey:

-Dashclock
-1Weather
-Tiny White icons
-Today Calendar
-PowerAmp

Wallpaper, please! I am a sucker for white icons over an interesting dark background.

Daily Forecast
Dec 25, 2008

by R. Guyovich
Here you go.

Wee Bairns
Feb 10, 2004

Jack Tripper's wingman.

Combination of Nova and Zooper. Basic, and works well for me.

Wee Bairns fucked around with this message at 15:25 on Jun 5, 2014

Aargh
Sep 8, 2004

Wee Bairns posted:

What's your clock / calendar?

GokieKS
Dec 15, 2012

Mostly Harmless.

Wee Bairns posted:

Aside from the clock text font looking rather out of place compared to the other text on screen, this looks really neat.

Golbez
Oct 9, 2002

1 2 3!
If you want to take a shot at me get in line, line
1 2 3!
Baby, I've had all my shots and I'm fine

Wee Bairns posted:

Ooh, I really like this. Thanks for the introduction to Zooper! Also, is there a link to that wallpaper, and are there more like it?

Wee Bairns
Feb 10, 2004

Jack Tripper's wingman.

I can't link to the Play store right at the moment, but the wallpaper is included with the "kinux" icon set, and the Zooper clock widget is listed as "Progress Clock HQ", not sure if I picked that up on the play store or not...

Maker Of Shoes
Sep 4, 2006

AWWWW YISSSSSSSSSS
DIS IS MAH JAM!!!!!!

Wee Bairns posted:

I can't link to the Play store right at the moment, but the wallpaper is included with the "kinux" icon set, and the Zooper clock widget is listed as "Progress Clock HQ", not sure if I picked that up on the play store or not...

For the lazy: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.kinux.icons.pack

Wee Bairns
Feb 10, 2004

Jack Tripper's wingman.

Thanks!

atomicthumbs
Dec 26, 2010

We're in the business of extending man's senses.

:effort:

Rats Tossbag
Jan 16, 2014

Using Nova Launcher, Flatty icon pack.

Captain Hilarious
Jan 3, 2006
hello what

(album chosen because it matches the wallpaper)

I basically just ripped of f#a#'s desktop and mixed it up a bit. The calender widget is DigiCal, but I'm afraid I can't remember where I got the wallpaper from, sorry.

me your dad
Jul 25, 2006

Apex updated the other day and it reset my icons to 100% (they were previously about 130%). It gave some indication that font scaling beyond 100% is now in the Advanced Options settings. However, when I scaled up using the advanced option, it also increased the size of the icons I use in the bottom row of common shortcuts where the app drawer icon is(like the taskbar in Windows - I have no idea what it's called.)

Now the app drawer icon and the icons I use for phone, email, web, and messaging are all blown up and cut off. They didn't do this before.

Any ideas? Switch to Nova Launcher?

New Leaf
Jul 24, 2013

Dragon Balls? Are they tasty?
What's a good Android-formatted wallpaper resource? Most of the ones I find on the app store are the same tired memes over and over, and ones I get from non-Android sources aren't formatted to fit correctly. I'm desperate for a new background- I've been rocking a SHIELD logo for a year now.

Macichne Leainig
Jul 26, 2012

by VG

New Leaf posted:

What's a good Android-formatted wallpaper resource? Most of the ones I find on the app store are the same tired memes over and over, and ones I get from non-Android sources aren't formatted to fit correctly. I'm desperate for a new background- I've been rocking a SHIELD logo for a year now.

I just search for high-res wallpapers on Wallbase.cc. Aside from there being a lot of weird softcore and anime poo poo, there are quite a few good wallpapers.

Scudworth
Jan 1, 2005

When life gives you lemons, you clone those lemons, and make super lemons.

Dinosaur Gum

New Leaf posted:

Your wallpaper's resolution + "wallpaper" in a google search.

GokieKS
Dec 15, 2012

Mostly Harmless.
Just remember that if you use multiple homescreens with scrolling wallpaper and want something that fits perfectly, it needs to be double the width in resolution (so for a 1080p display in portrait orientation, you need a 2160 x 1920 image).

Makanovy
Dec 28, 2009
Took some inspiration from recent posts to set up my new phone. Cheers for the help.

Nova Launcher, Zooper and Circons Red Icon Pack.

ijii
Mar 17, 2007
I'M APPARENTLY GAY AND MY POSTING SUCKS.
First wallpaper change after owning this device for a year and a half.

EbolaIvory
Jul 6, 2007

NOM NOM NOM
I'm super lame.
I use aviate.

vyst
Aug 25, 2009

ijii posted:

First wallpaper change after owning this device for a year and a half.

Did you pick that one in case you forgot what device you were using?

WeX Majors
Apr 16, 2006
Joined for the archives
The amount of times people would go into my store and say "You have a case for this?" and when I would ask which phone it is, their reply was always "This one. an android" and hold up a random boost mobile phone, I kinda wish all stock wallpapers did that.

Reivax
Apr 24, 2008

vyst posted:

Did you pick that one in case you forgot what device you were using?

Maybe they have a Note 1 and dream big, don't judge.

On that note, what happened to the fugly Android tumblr?

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud
Apr 7, 2003

Makanovy posted:

Took some inspiration from recent posts to set up my new phone. Cheers for the help.

Nova Launcher, Zooper and Circons Red Icon Pack.

That looks really nice! What was your phonespiration?

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

I appreciate you not altering Google's design vision too much and leaving the Phone icon the same. It's just so heh ICONic.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

UnfortunateSexFart
May 18, 2008

𒃻 𒌓𒁉𒋫 𒆷𒁀𒅅𒆷
𒆠𒂖 𒌉 𒌫 𒁮𒈠𒈾𒅗 𒂉 𒉡𒌒𒂉𒊑

Minimum UI updated all their icons, so now my phone looks like this

edit: looks much less vivid on my PC monitor...

• Locked thread