Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Pingiivi
Mar 26, 2010

Straight into the iris!

Broseph Brostar posted:

Hand Cannons are just shittier scout rifles though.

Hand cannons would be so cool if they were faster. The reload speed is so goddamn slow and you have only six shots.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

whoknew
Sep 18, 2004

oh shit
im lit

Broseph Brostar posted:

Hand Cannons are just shittier scout rifles though.

Wrong. The hipfire is much better.

lostleaf
Jul 12, 2009
Here's 2 beta codes which is strange because I haven't preordered. Please post if you use them.

PS4 code gone
Voucher Code for PS3: DRAP-R5N3-MJAH

lostleaf fucked around with this message at 22:42 on Jul 19, 2014

GruntyThrst
Oct 9, 2007

*clang*

whoknew posted:

Wrong. The hipfire is much better.

Not worth the near-identical reload speed for half the capacity though.

FuSchnick
Jun 6, 2001

Scruffy's gonna die the way he lived...
Hate not having a map. Are there any other directions to go exploring?

So far I have not explored past that basement underneath the map room, with high level guys that I have not run past yet.

Another area I've not gotten past is the tough guys underneath the boat wreckage where the radio mission was.

I did get past the level 20 guys down the road past the rusty boats. There is a green alien-looking crashed ship that leads to an underground cave. This cave has some level 20 hive dudes in it, and eventually leads back to the factory area where you had that 3-wave holdout with the laser fence in the strike mission. If you try to go through that cave during the strike mission, the end of it is blocked off.

I also found a separate cave past the boats that had level 20 hive guys, but it seemed like a dead end.

BastardySkull
Apr 12, 2007

Just a note, the level cap isn't 20. There have been images released of levels higher than this but it could be that after level 20 it's all ilevels?

edit: its a 'light' rating that takes it above 20.

Rap Game Goku
Apr 2, 2008

Word to your moms, I came to drop spirit bombs

BastardySkull posted:

Just a note, the level cap isn't 20. There have been images released of levels higher than this but it could be that after level 20 it's all ilevels?

edit: its a 'light' rating that takes it above 20.

Yeah, the "light" rating is how you progess past 20. The character levels really seem like they're designed to gate the PvE and skills progress instead of any kind of real power progression.

Dart
Jan 11, 2012

Skills are completely unrelated to character level, the only thing level affects is eligibility for certain missions and what items you can equip.

General Battuta
Feb 7, 2011

This is how you communicate with a fellow intelligence: you hurt it, you keep on hurting it, until you can distinguish the posts from the screams.

Steve2911 posted:

You can get to level 5 just by doing the main, not grindy missions.

Are Grimoire cards not properly implemented yet, or are mine hosed up? They all just say redacted on both the website and the app.

Also the website doesn't display my character model, only a generic silouette.

We haven't written a bunch of them yet so they won't be in the Beta. That's my job this weekend :(

Slothass
Mar 6, 2004
I have no idea why I can't play today. I played yesterday and got to level 7. Now it keeps saying I lost connection to the server. Can anyone point me to somewhere because the bungie help site is less than helpful?

whoknew
Sep 18, 2004

oh shit
im lit

GruntyThrst posted:

Not worth the near-identical reload speed for half the capacity though.

Stop missing.

Ghosts n Gopniks
Nov 2, 2004

Imagine how much more sad and lonely we would be if not for the hard work of lowtax. Here's $12.95 to his aid.
Weapons get way more interesting the moment you enter the world of blues:

Level 10 :smith:

Silver Striker
May 22, 2013

Seeing "Level 10" on a kickass blue is the biggest loving cockblock. I swear.

Oh well, time to cap my warlock. It's tough to make a decision in the beta because all 3 classes seem good and fun and the later abilities seem like the really defining factors. I like how each class has a defined "look", though.

GruntyThrst
Oct 9, 2007

*clang*

General Battuta posted:

We haven't written a bunch of them yet so they won't be in the Beta. That's my job this weekend :(

Please fit the Hunter/Warlock fashion war into one of them somehow. :allears:

whoknew posted:

Stop missing.

But I'm bad. :(

Stux
Nov 17, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 11 days!

leidend posted:

I'm at level 4 but I quit a long story mission after dying a few times because I wasn't having fun killing the same 4 enemies over and over again in the same way. Maybe the grind will be more acceptable when the game lasts longer than a week.

If you think the, what, 30 minutes? of gameplay it takes to get through three story missions to hit level 5 is a grind this might not be the game for you.

Seriously, other than the strike, none of the story missions are long by any meaning of the word. You can blast through pretty much any of them in under 10 minutes.

C2C - 2.0
May 14, 2006

Dubs In The Key Of Life

Lipstick Apathy
In case anyone wants to take a look at the complete skill trees of the sub-classes not yet implemented:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YC4BdLzOaQg - Defender

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H10nbjEuboM - Sunsinger

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EeeP3rAJmbk - Bladedancer

FishBulb
Mar 29, 2003

Marge, I'd like to be alone with the sandwich for a moment.

Are you going to eat it?

...yes...
Sunslinger.... bladedancer.... Defender?

Come the gently caress on Bungie one of these does not belong. Let's step up the cheese here.

Dart
Jan 11, 2012

FishBulb posted:

Come the gently caress on Bungie one of these does not belong. Let's step up the cheese here.

Voidguard? I dunno.

stev
Jan 22, 2013

Please be excited.

Athenry posted:

The character levels really seem like they're designed to gate the PvE

Which is why I'm worried about how much non-endgame PvE content there's going to be. If we assume 1-20 is just the start of the progression process for gating's sake, does that mean that bespoke story missions and exploring zones will end there?

My mind is so abuzz with optimism and fear at the same time I might just have a stroke.

Reacean
Nov 29, 2004

PSN sent me more codes which I don't need, so I'll leave them here.

Voucher Code for PS4: 5CAB-LPNH-GENC
Voucher Code for PS3: E7Q7-P4NP-RMP6

Sokoban
Feb 16, 2011

THUNDERDOME
LOSER

FishBulb posted:

Shieldbringer

General Battuta
Feb 7, 2011

This is how you communicate with a fellow intelligence: you hurt it, you keep on hurting it, until you can distinguish the posts from the screams.

GruntyThrst posted:

Please fit the Hunter/Warlock fashion war into one of them somehow. :allears:

I'm sure we can spare a card for Hunter/Warlock sass, it's my biggest contribution to the game.

Semos
Nov 13, 2007

Work harder, Comrade.
I'm playing a hunter and I quite enjoy it, currently geared for grenade madness. I've always loved throwing knives, and killing players in pvp while randomly throwing one just brings me such joy. I'm gonna try and level the other classes to, to at least to try out their specials.

GruntyThrst
Oct 9, 2007

*clang*

General Battuta posted:

I'm sure we can spare a card for Hunter/Warlock sass, it's my biggest contribution to the game.

You should know that it's a very important contribution and you deserve a raise.

Suspicious Package
Jun 18, 2004

lostleaf posted:

Here's 2 beta codes which is strange because I haven't preordered. Please post if you use them.

Voucher Code for PS4: 3R83-55NB-AFCC
Voucher Code for PS3: DRAP-R5N3-MJAH

Used the PS4 code here. Thank you.

whoknew
Sep 18, 2004

oh shit
im lit

GruntyThrst posted:

You should know that it's a very important contribution and you deserve a raise.

General Battuta, print this thread out and take it your boss to get a raise.

King Bahamut
Nov 12, 2003
internet internet lama sabacthani
PS3 code here: RG87-87NM-8JT2

Is everyone who played the alpha getting these? Glad I didn't preorder

Silver Striker
May 22, 2013

Just did The Devil's Lair as a warlock. Pretty awesome. Bosses feel like they could use less health (my party mostly had no idea what we were doing, though). Devil Walker wasn't too bad, but I died at lot at first because I didn't realize how much damage he did :( The last boss was pretty eh, definitely felt like a step down from the Devil Walker. Overall, I liked this place and the rewards seemed pretty good. Definitely going to do more strike missions in the future.

So now that I'm done with the Beta's storyline it looks like Crucible and Bounties are how you level to 8? That'll give me a nice change of pace at least.

BastardySkull
Apr 12, 2007

Does anyone know where bug reports are for this "beta"? The grimoire shows 'new cards' at first but as soon as you click on one of them the rest disappear, so you have to kind of remember what is a new card and what isn't. This happens on the browser and in the companion app on iOS.

Professor Beetus
Apr 12, 2007

They can fight us
But they'll never Beetus

General Battuta posted:

I told my buddy at Bungie this already, but what you guys really need is an in game version of the Grimoire, with narrated entries voiced by the Mass Effect codex guy. Most soothing voice, ever.

limaCAT
Dec 22, 2007

il pistone e male
Slippery Tilde

SealHammer posted:

Does anyone feel like lag in the Crucible is worse than it was in the alpha test? Despite all the polish on the game, I can't help but feel that the enormous delay (sometimes up to a second) between punching a guy and him dying is longer than it was before or even in the Halo games.

Lag is quite random. I actually had more lag in some strike missions than in pvp, but I noticed some good crucible games and some bad ones.

Was also kicked out by psn maintenance :(

limaCAT
Dec 22, 2007

il pistone e male
Slippery Tilde

Dart posted:

Voidguard? I dunno.

Moonknight...

to kick moon wizard 's rear end

limaCAT fucked around with this message at 19:38 on Jul 19, 2014

Hezzy
Dec 4, 2004

Pillbug
For the people wondering about the moon wizard thing:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FlOYatDYC40

Stick Figure Mafia
Dec 11, 2004

Hezzy posted:

For the people wondering about the moon wizard thing:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FlOYatDYC40

RIP Wizard Line - June 15th 2014

You will be missed.

xxEightxx
Mar 5, 2010

Oh, it's true. You are Brock Landers!
Salad Prong

Silver Striker posted:

Just did The Devil's Lair as a warlock. Pretty awesome. Bosses feel like they could use less health (my party mostly had no idea what we were doing, though). Devil Walker wasn't too bad, but I died at lot at first because I didn't realize how much damage he did :( The last boss was pretty eh, definitely felt like a step down from the Devil Walker. Overall, I liked this place and the rewards seemed pretty good. Definitely going to do more strike missions in the future.

So now that I'm done with the Beta's storyline it looks like Crucible and Bounties are how you level to 8? That'll give me a nice change of pace at least.

You can explore the map, you don't have to do the missions. There are level 8 and and higher mobs around to fight.

FishBulb
Mar 29, 2003

Marge, I'd like to be alone with the sandwich for a moment.

Are you going to eat it?

...yes...
Why did they change that. It was rad.

Feenix
Mar 14, 2003
Sorry, guy.

Steve2911 posted:

Pretty sure that's just a rumour at this point. Either way the message wouldn't really make a difference to that.

Also the Beta's been out 2 days...

The Meat Dimension
Mar 29, 2010

Gravy Boat 2k
I think because you could find them free-roaming before you do that mission? Might be avoiding a continuity error for the player.

It was the best line though :(

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

Stick Figure Mafia posted:

RIP Wizard Line - June 15th 2014

You will be missed.

Man, now that T-shirt's gonna look really dumb.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

404GoonNotFound
Aug 6, 2006

The McRib is back!?!?

General Battuta posted:

Just as long as you remember that bending the metaphysical powers of the big bang itself to your whims is better than chucking a butter knife at someone :c00lbert:

• Locked thread