Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Borneo Jimmy
Feb 27, 2007

by Smythe
For example, like The Keep. You'd think a movie directed by Michael Mann with Scott Glenn and Ian Mckellan and a Soundtrack by Tangerine Dream and is about Nazis fighting fighting a vampire would be cool right? Unfortunately it's incoherent garbage.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Al Cowens
Aug 11, 2004

by WE B Bourgeois
Tron: Legacy
The Matrix sequels
The Expendables
Christian Bale in Terminator and the Nolan Batman movies

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Lucky there's a family guy
Lucky there's a man who positively can do
All the things that make us
Laugh and cry
League of Extraordinary Gentlemen, Avatar, Prometheus, etc

Borneo Jimmy posted:

For example, like The Keep. You'd think a movie directed by Michael Mann

Never saw that but I saw Public Enemies that was a loving waste of good talent (Mann, Bale, Depp) all around. Miami Vice was a waste too and sucked, but then again I don't think Jamie Fox and Collin Farrell are v. good so it there wasn't that much potential there. Basically Mann has turned to poo poo after Collateral: he's produced nothing but disappointing bombs with high profile casts.

Xaris fucked around with this message at 03:57 on Jul 20, 2014

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here

Al Cowens
Aug 11, 2004

by WE B Bourgeois
How is Collateral and The Insider so good and everything else so bad

circ dick soleil
Sep 27, 2012

by zen death robot

SIDS Vicious
Jan 1, 1970

jack and jill, my god adam sandler is such a funny guy its so upsetting

Shithouse Dave
Aug 5, 2007

each post manufactured to the highest specifications

I don't know if I can call bill Murray talent but lost in translation loving sucked and went nowhere

Sheng-Ji Yang
Mar 5, 2014

no joke the counselor should have been the best movie, instead it was the worst move. what the gently caress cormac mccarthy

SIDS Vicious
Jan 1, 1970

Shithouse Dave posted:

I don't know if I can call bill Murray talent but lost in translation loving sucked and went nowhere

yeah i felt the same way and dont know why people laud it as a fantastic film

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here

Iggy Koopa posted:

yeah i felt the same way and dont know why people laud it as a fantastic film

because it was um yeah i don't know i was bored, too

Nog
May 15, 2006

the island by michael bay

what a neat premise: it's the future and rich people and celebs can pay to grow back up organs and limbs for themselves, but what they don't know is that the organs/limbs come from living clones of themselves who are being held in a truman show style post-apocalyptic fiction. then two of these clones escape.

but instead of taking a neat premise and doing cool things, just show a boat chase and explosions

Nog
May 15, 2006

also, any movie about mall cops, how the gently caress can you make an unfunny movie about mall cops?

SIDS Vicious
Jan 1, 1970

ripped0ff posted:

what a neat premise: it's the future and rich people and celebs can pay to grow back up organs and limbs for themselves, but what they don't know is that the organs/limbs come from living clones of themselves who are being held in a truman show style post-apocalyptic fiction. then two of these clones escape.

but instead of taking a neat premise and doing cool things, just show a boat chase and explosions

yeah this really disappointed me too it had such a loving awesome idea behind it, it was pretty good until they escaped and then...then it was poo poo

OMFG FURRY
Jul 10, 2006

[snarky comment]

all day, everyday

SIDS Vicious
Jan 1, 1970

SpeedGem bought me that and he is sending me money to smoke weed on webcam so he's cool with me

BONE DOG
Jun 7, 2009

by Fluffdaddy
You got avatar ADD for real

OMFG FURRY
Jul 10, 2006

[snarky comment]
red heads are extremely My poo poo

David Copperfield
Mar 14, 2004

im david copperfield
everything by the wachowski brothers/siblings after matrix 1

SIDS Vicious
Jan 1, 1970

i dont like having an av i would gently caress

Supreme Allah
Oct 6, 2004

everybody relax, i'm here
Nap Ghost
Man of Steel

I havent watched it yet though

Rapman the Cook
Aug 24, 2013

by Ralp
Any Tarantino film.

You may as well get a bunch of interesting actors put them in a garbage bin and record it for 90mins.

BONE DOG
Jun 7, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

Rapman the Cook posted:

Any Tarantino film.

You may as well get a bunch of interesting actors put them in a garbage bin and record it for 90mins.

lol

America Inc.
Nov 22, 2013

I plan to live forever, of course, but barring that I'd settle for a couple thousand years. Even 500 would be pretty nice.

Sheng-ji Yang posted:

no joke the counselor should have been the best movie, instead it was the worst move. what the gently caress cormac mccarthy
The saddest part is that from the screenplay you can tell that McCarthy was actually trying to create something poignant but instead he bombed.
They call it George Lucas Syndrome.

America Inc.
Nov 22, 2013

I plan to live forever, of course, but barring that I'd settle for a couple thousand years. Even 500 would be pretty nice.

Rapman the Cook posted:

Any Tarantino film.

I hope this happens to you irl
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DIvUGUzR9N0
And this
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Sx-rrBv2lyc

America Inc. fucked around with this message at 04:51 on Jul 20, 2014

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Nap Ghost

Al Cowens posted:

Tron: Legacy
The Matrix sequels
The Expendables
Christian Bale in Terminator and the Nolan Batman movies

I liked Bale as Batman.

Backweb
Feb 14, 2009

:can: The entire goddamned Star Wars prequel trilogy. Nonstop A-list in three movies and all that talent was wasted.

Not even Samuel L. Jackson and Christopher Lee could escape the disaster of that sterile green screen set.

:negative:

ripped0ff posted:

The Island a ripoff of "The Clonus Horror" from the 80s I think (the mst3k version makes it tolerable). I don't think I've ever seen a movie with a clone farming premise that worked.

Movies with clones seem to bomb no matter what.

Speaking of clones: Attack of the Clones.

Backweb fucked around with this message at 04:52 on Jul 20, 2014

David Copperfield
Mar 14, 2004

im david copperfield

Rapman the Cook posted:

Any Tarantino film.

you can't say this poo poo and say tarantino is terrible for it when wes anderson is about 4000x worse

BONE DOG
Jun 7, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

Pumpy Muffinz posted:

I liked Bale as Batman.

Yeah but anyone could have done that

SIDS Vicious
Jan 1, 1970

Backweb posted:

:worms: The entire goddamned Star Wars prequel trilogy. Nonstop A-list in three movies and all that talent was wasted.

Not even Samuel L. Jackson and Christopher Lee could escape the disaster of that sterile green screen set.

:negative:

The Island a ripoff of "The Clonus Horror" from the 80s I think (the mst3k version makes it tolerable). I don't think I've ever seen a movie with a clone farming premise that worked.

Movies with clones seem to bomb no matter what.

Speaking of clones: Attack of the Clones.

nerd

Sheng-Ji Yang
Mar 5, 2014

tarantino is overrated but still pretty good

Slow News Day
Jul 4, 2007

yeah and i hope it happens at 240p

BONE DOG
Jun 7, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

Sheng-ji Yang posted:

tarantino is overrated but still pretty good

Who consistently makes better movies in your opinion

Comfy Fleece Sweater
Apr 2, 2013

You see, but you do not observe.

Doom House

Slow News Day
Jul 4, 2007

Iggy Koopa posted:

i dont like having an av i would gently caress

her right eye is slightly bigger than her left eye

just slightly tho

Sheng-Ji Yang
Mar 5, 2014

mookface posted:

Who consistently makes better movies in your opinion

coen brothers

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Nap Ghost

mookface posted:

Yeah but anyone could have done that

Maybe, but he was good

Backweb
Feb 14, 2009

Pls requote me. I fixed the incorrect smiley. It now says ":can:"

SIDS Vicious
Jan 1, 1970

Backweb posted:

Pls requote me. I fixed the incorrect smiley. It now says ":can:"

nerd

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BONE DOG
Jun 7, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

Sheng-ji Yang posted:

coen brothers

I really like their movies but they are so different from tarantinos that its hard to compare. Tarantino movies do get a lot of hype as a rule though you're right

• Locked thread